Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156592 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#136609 Aug 27, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I think . It has to be explained and studied further . There was such a natural transition between here and the other side, that it was more scientific in nature than religious . I need to do more research . Thanks for the reply .
You're welcome.

One of the most common things that people who've had NDE's recall is how they were floating up near the ceiling and how they could see their body being attendedby doctors/surgeons, etc.

A few years back, I think someonedid a studywherethey placed objects on shelves so that they couildn't beseen from below but could be seen from above, The objects were chosen so that they would clearly be out ofplace for a medical room/operating theatre.

The idea being that anyone who floated as part of their NDE mat recall seeing the objects.

I can't recall what the results were.

Cambridge, UK

#136610 Aug 27, 2014
Curious wrote:
I asked him to provide me with the time.
His mind was somewhere in some southern state, so he provided me with an EST time
Still you persist in over-estimating yourself.

Subtlety is hardly your strong point and I could see what you were doing a mile away. Hell, a six year old could have seen through your clumsy attempt to catch me out.

What was subtle was the way I played you at your own game and caught you in your own snare.

I did it so well that you still honestly believe that I am in the USA.

Poor curious - outsmarted and outmanouvered by a non-believer.

Man that must hurt.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#136613 Aug 28, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I think . It has to be explained and studied further . There was such a natural transition between here and the other side, that it was more scientific in nature than religious . I need to do more research . Thanks for the reply .
You can study all you want, but up until death, you'll never get the answer...
You need to watch "Heaven is for real".
No way it can be explained by science... no matter how bad they want to!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#136614 Aug 28, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Varsity, a Cambridge, UK newspaper...
Stephen Hawking takes the ice bucket challenge
The world-famous physicist joins in on the global phenomenon and nominates some surprising figures to take the plunge after him.
by Richard Nicholl
Wednesday 27th August 2014, 13:55 BST
http://www.varsity.co.uk/news/7417
----------
Ummm..... Stephen Hawking is not dead.
I'd bet he will.... someday, as we all will!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#136615 Aug 28, 2014
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#136616 Aug 28, 2014
All who call on the name of the Lord, WILL be saved!
Thank you Jesus!
Amen!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#136617 Aug 28, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
You need to watch "Heaven is for real".
No way it can be explained by science... no matter how bad they want to!
It's trivial to explain it: the little boy's parents made the whole thing up in order to make money.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136618 Aug 28, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Still you persist in over-estimating yourself.
Subtlety is hardly your strong point and I could see what you were doing a mile away. Hell, a six year old could have seen through your clumsy attempt to catch me out.
What was subtle was the way I played you at your own game and caught you in your own snare.
I did it so well that you still honestly believe that I am in the USA.
Poor curious - outsmarted and outmanouvered by a non-believer.
Man that must hurt.
LOL Can't face the truth can ya?
You got caught twice , once when you posted EST for your location,secondly when you claimed you had been away from topix for a few days cause you had been visitting " The Nations Capital."
Now ,you well know that americans refer to washington D.C. as the Nations capital.
The brits DO NOT refer to London by that nickname , They refer to London asThe Square Mile, The Old Smoke, The Smoke ans you did not know that.
When I cuaght your mistake and challenged you on it,you ignored it. When challenged a second time you sent the old crone,witchetty,out to defend you ,AND she failed,her excuse was more futile than yours.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the nonbeliever did not outsmart me, you outsmarted yourself with your nonsense..
How that must cause you to be afflicted by dyspepsia ans other maladies .
But, don't worry, you will mess up again,and keep in mind " I will Always be There to Remind you"
Dionne Warwick" 1975
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss
I'll be There Michael Jackson
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136620 Aug 28, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's trivial to explain it: the little boy's parents made the whole thing up in order to make money.
An atheist had a NDE and all he saw was a bunch of worms feeding on his carcass.
Whaddaya gotta say about that?
Only way to explain that is that he needed bait so he could go fishing..
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136621 Aug 28, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one question Im waiting for you to answer . Explain why the Bible says mere mortals performed the same "miracles " that God did. Don't forget to tell me what I left out of the story Aaron's rod.
There is no need to provide an answer to something you already know..And intentionally omitted
Tell me why you intentionally omitted it Then I will tell you what you already know
Claiming ignorance is no excuse for being ignorant....

Cambridge, UK

#136622 Aug 28, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Can't face the truth can ya?
You got caught twice , once when you posted EST for your location,secondly when you claimed you had been away from topix for a few days cause you had been visitting " The Nations Capital."
Now ,you well know that americans refer to washington D.C. as the Nations capital.
The brits DO NOT refer to London by that nickname , They refer to London asThe Square Mile, The Old Smoke, The Smoke ans you did not know that.
When I cuaght your mistake and challenged you on it,you ignored it. When challenged a second time you sent the old crone,witchetty,out to defend you ,AND she failed,her excuse was more futile than yours.
Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, the nonbeliever did not outsmart me, you outsmarted yourself with your nonsense..
How that must cause you to be afflicted by dyspepsia ans other maladies .
But, don't worry, you will mess up again,and keep in mind " I will Always be There to Remind you"
Dionne Warwick" 1975
I'll be There Michael Jackson
Dream on.

You've been had.

You know how it is with xtians....ever the easiest to sucker into believing something.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136623 Aug 28, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on.
You've been had.
You know how it is with xtians....ever the easiest to sucker into believing something.
hardly accurate Nipplenose. Do not accuse me of dreaming when it is atheists that hallucinate and have nightmares to which you claim to relate.
But more to the point ,It is atheists whose minds have been ravaged and polluted by their faith.
It is atheists who believe nothing created something out of nothing
It is atheists who believe that the nonliving can create life , nonintelligence can create intelligence and nonconsciousness can create consciousness....
AAAAAnd THEEEEEEEEEEN they support their faith by introducing a cavernous gap.
They claim that Science will find an answer..........In a few million or billion years......... You can drive a couple of million centuries through that gap
That is definitely a sign of desperation,,,Chritians make no such incredulous,absurd ,unreal and unattainable excuses. as can only emanate in a mind that has been left defenseless and ravaged by their faith
The fruits of atheism a crippled mind,ravaged and looted by gibberish and nonsense
Lucretia

Georgetown, IN

#136624 Aug 28, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a debate, freedom of speech. Evidence is shown why religion is based on mythology and fictitious claims. Do you want your child to belong to a cult? Educating what religion teaches and the dangers it can pose to the individual, family relations and the world is important to understand risks that one takes accepting that theology.
Check out "James the Preacher" debating on Youtube at an atheist convention. Let me know what you think about his preaching, should he teach the bible in public school?
The debates on religion is not only confined between agnostic, atheist and religious believers, on Topix forums.
No cults. Lol. Seems both sides appear a bit cult like. Both sides have their theories. I believe our children should be taught science at school. Tell them the bible stories at home. Just be a good person and dont take the bible so literally. Keep in mind it was written over 2,000 years ago.

Cambridge, UK

#136625 Aug 28, 2014
Curious wrote:
Chritians make no such incredulous,absurd ,unreal and unattainable excuses.
No. Your version of creation involves a magical being, a talking snake and a disobedient woman.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136626 Aug 28, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Your version of creation involves a magical being, a talking snake and a disobedient woman.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah The accurate version of creation is stated in Genesis 1, In the begining God created the heavens and the Earth...Says nothing about magical.
God formed man from the dust on the ground, Says nothing about magical.
Your version, emanating from a mind pillaged by gibberish is the one that injects magic into the
equation,,, Something that you are forced into in order to defend your baseless faith.
Atheists believed the Universe was eternal, the BB destroyed that erroneous misconception , The BB confirmed what had already been made clear in the Bible tousands of years ago.
Man was formed from the dust on the ground, Today,atheists are forced to admit that fact,as they claim we were formed from stadust... Already knew that when I read the bible.
However, after having been proved wrong on both counts atheists continue their attempts to save face by engendering nonsense and guberish in their feeble minds.
The universe was created but" they don't know how this happened.,1) a magical miracle.
Man is made from the dust on the ground as they rightfully claim, BUT, to atheists there is no creator, Nothing created something from nothing, the nonliving created life ,magical miracle no. 2
Mankind evolved from something , a replicating cell.
They can not explain, even by allufing to magic how this cell came into existence and where the information contained therein came from.
They can not explain why it became necessary for a sperm to fertilize an egg in order for the continuation of the species....
Again I repeat, your magical illusions do not represent reality, your minds have been pillaged,abused and looted by the tenets of your faith,which have left you defenseless and hung you out to dry.......
Those are the fruits of atheism in full bloom..... Deal with it..... No you won't cause you can't
All you atheists can do is put your pillaged minds together anddream up some more illconceived excuses and magical incantations.....
AND, Before you ask the question,the answer is no, I will not give you or science a couple of million years to hopefully come up with an aNSWER, AS YOU WILL HAVE AN ANSWER long before that,when your spirit departs your body, as Hitchens undoubtedly knows by now
Of course,if you believe as Duket does, all Hitchens was good for was worm food. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

Location hidden

#136627 Aug 28, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah The accurate version of creation is stated in Genesis 1, In the begining God created the heavens and the Earth...Says nothing about magical.
God formed man from the dust on the ground, Says nothing about magical.
Please explain, in detail, the *natural* mechanisms by which God created these things.
Curious wrote:
Man was formed from the dust on the ground, Today,atheists are forced to admit that fact,as they claim we were formed from stadust... Already knew that when I read the bible.
The fact is that man evolved from earlier hominids. The Bible, which describes humans as being made directly, is false.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136630 Aug 28, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain, in detail, the *natural* mechanisms by which God created these things.
<quoted text>
The fact is that man evolved from earlier hominids. The Bible, which describes humans as being made directly, is false.
Therein lies your erroneous assumption. There does not seem to be a natural mechanism ,is there.
God is Supernatural, as you well know and therefore his creation can not be accounted for by natural means.
atheist scientists have tried and failed miserably in their attempts to create life by natural means AND you know that.
Moreover, while atheists claim that life Does Not need a creator,they plan to prove their point by attempting to create life, " That is dunderhead logic"

Man evolved from earlier hominids? Is that factual? Where is your evidence?
Where is the missink link which no one has been able to find? Balderdash.
However, you are attempting to deviate from the subject...
Let us get to the bottom of the problem,,,, Can you explain the natural mechanism by which nothing created something out of nothing?
After you have solved that problem, can you then explain the natural mechanism whereby the nonliving create life, the nonconscious create consciousness and the nonintelligent create intelligence.....And take your time,but I do not have millions of years at my disposal to wait for an answer..........And no , don't give me the duket formula... The churning of the elements over a period of Blah blah blah years blah blah blah..........
Let us not resort to claiming magical miracles or any of the other gibberish that has been offered.
Or,is your answer going to be " We don't know" Well, I have heard that before and need not hear it again, as it is obvious that you don't know, since it is impossible for nothing to create something out of nothing....
Horatio

Louisville, KY

#136631 Aug 28, 2014
We should all at least agree that the creation of the universe in any sence was magical and simply remarkable.

Location hidden

#136632 Aug 29, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Therein lies your erroneous assumption. There does not seem to be a natural mechanism ,is there.
God is Supernatural, as you well know and therefore his creation can not be accounted for by natural means.
Then you're appealing to magic. Thanks.
Curious wrote:
atheist scientists have tried and failed miserably in their attempts to create life by natural means AND you know that.
Moreover, while atheists claim that life Does Not need a creator,they plan to prove their point by attempting to create life, " That is dunderhead logic"
No, it's not, if the materials and processes they use would have been available naturally. You don't know anything about science.
Curious wrote:
Man evolved from earlier hominids? Is that factual? Where is your evidence?
Where is the missink link which no one has been able to find? Balderdash.
There are dozens of hominid fossils. The missing link is nothing more than a Creationist trope used by the ignorant.
http://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence/human-fos...
Curious wrote:
However, you are attempting to deviate from the subject...
Let us get to the bottom of the problem,,,, Can you explain the natural mechanism by which nothing created something out of nothing?
No need to, as that is not a hypothesis I support.
Curious wrote:
After you have solved that problem, can you then explain the natural mechanism whereby the nonliving create life, the nonconscious create consciousness and the nonintelligent create intelligence.....And take your time,but I do not have millions of years at my disposal to wait for an answer..........And no , don't give me the duket formula... The churning of the elements over a period of Blah blah blah years blah blah blah..........
Let us not resort to claiming magical miracles or any of the other gibberish that has been offered.
Or,is your answer going to be " We don't know" Well, I have heard that before and need not hear it again, as it is obvious that you don't know, since it is impossible for nothing to create something out of nothing....
We don't fully know is the honest answer. Consciousness and intelligence are clearly products of the brain, however, and we know that evolved.

You also don't know, but appeal to answers that are undeniably false.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#136633 Aug 29, 2014
Horatio wrote:
We should all at least agree that the creation of the universe in any sence was magical and simply remarkable.
No we shouldn't.... First there is no evidence it was created in the first place ... My view it was converted.... and while it's existence may be remarkable, I see nothing magical about it....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carlot 2 hr wondering 1
Grace way metals 3 hr Smh 2
C&J auto sales (Jul '09) 5 hr leary 15
DonRick Blevins? 7 hr wondering 2
Listen up people 7 hr crazy talk 3
How is Godfathers Pizza at Shell ? 8 hr Titty Sprinkles 11
Just curious Old Datsun 280Z 8 hr Santa 6

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance