Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 164705 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136576 Aug 27, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at poor Curious, reduced to lying about what people claim so he can prop up his superstitions.
LOL Where is the lie? Moreover "Look at poor Curious? That statement made by one who has admitted to working in a donut shop and has led himself to believe" He is in the dough" LOL
However, based on your beliefs that we are just calories and when we die we are worm food, it makes sense to work in a donut shop, get fat so that when you die the worms can have a freast on your carcass.
If that is what atheists have to look forward to,it is small wonder that they are afflicted by depression,anxiety and other mental discombobulations LOL

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#136577 Aug 27, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>Well first off, I'm sad to be the one to inform you but......Steven Hawking is DEAD! You should really stay up to date on things. We have already discussed that.
As for you comment about him being a stanch atheist. I is fairly well known that before his death that he said that he believed in GOD.
Also here are some of his quotes from the past. There are clues:
"One can imagine that God created the universe at literally any time in the past. On the other hand, if the universe is expanding, there may be physical reasons why there had to be a beginning. One could imagine that God created the universe at the instant of the big bang, or even afterwards in just such a way as to make it look as though there had been a big bang, but it would be meaningless to suppose that it was created before the big bang. An expanding universe does not preclude a creator, but it does place limits on when he might have carried out his job!"
What I have done is to show that it is possible for the way the universe began to be determined by the laws of science. In that case, it would not be necessary to appeal to God to decide how the universe began. This doesn't prove that there is no God, only that God is not necessary.[Stephen W. Hawking, Der Spiegel, 1989]
One does not have to appeal to God to set the initial conditions for the creation of the universe, but if one does He would have to act through the laws of physics.[Stephen Hawking, Black Holes & Baby Universes]
Thanks for proving your lack of ability to determine truth over lies. Hawking is alive. You feel for the internet hoax like a naďve fool.
Nothing in the quote indicates he is not atheist.
One cannot disprove gods, but one need not believe one exists.
Which god do you believe in, and can you disprove any others?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136578 Aug 27, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Where is the lie? Moreover "Look at poor Curious? That statement made by one who has admitted to working in a donut shop and has led himself to believe" He is in the dough" LOL
However, based on your beliefs that we are just calories and when we die we are worm food, it makes sense to work in a donut shop, get fat so that when you die the worms can have a freast on your carcass.
If that is what atheists have to look forward to,it is small wonder that they are afflicted by depression,anxiety and other mental discombobulations LOL
Never worked In a donut shop, liar.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136579 Aug 27, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>Glad I could jump start your learning process again. So, let's see if I can take you out of your comfort zone some more. You keep talking about evidence, and proof. You talk about energy in terms of the food / life cycle. OK, so how do you explain Ghosts? Apparitions? Thousand of people have seen them. They have been filmed and videoed. People report loved ones showing up in their houses , after their deaths that happened thousands of miles away. If only 1 or 2 people saw them, then they could have been hallucinating or delusional or something. But when thousands of people have seen and "interacted" with them, it becomes a given. Interaction with an energy form suggest that there is a conscious awareness to the energy form. Unlike something like swamp gas, or ball lightning. The ghosts are obviously not just empty calories that some animal digested and passed out as gas. You could always say "They don't exist" " there's no scientific proof"! So either thousands of people are lying or there is something to it. Going off the assumption that these "things" "Spirits" are real, then what would they be? If science has all the answers, then surely the answer to this question is in one of your books somewhere? Don't just dismiss it because you don't know what they are. Looks like you have more research. You may have to step out of your box to find the answers. If you have been on here as long as I think you have, you still haven't looked for this answer, or have not been able to find this answer. So, then what? You pretend they don't exist? And try to rationalize them away? I'm curious as to what you find. I you even bother stepping out of your comfort zone to look for the answers.
So you wish for me to prove the superstitions you believe? Again, do your own work. I cannot attempt to explain what I do not believe is possible.
Ghosts are of delusion, as is bigfoot and the Lock ness monster. I also do not believe in alien abductions, and unicorns. None of these are a "given" no matter how many claim to have seen them.
People do lie, and religion has reason to motivate lies.
Do you just pick up the national enquirer to do your fact finding?
Photos and films can be faked and often are. I watched Spider man and he seemed pretty real, but I am sure it is just movie magic.
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#136581 Aug 27, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving your lack of ability to determine truth over lies. Hawking is alive. You feel for the internet hoax like a naďve fool.
You mean the Hoax that made headline news and was printed across the screen at the end of one of his documentary s? OK, Keep drinking the Kool-aid. You are starting to sound like a right wing conspiracy theorist. I guess science types have them to.

As to your question which God do I believe in: I'm not a church goer. I feel that the bible was written by man, and that man interpreted it to fit his own needs. I have already answered this question in a nother thread, so for efficiency I will just past my view point on here. So if it seems out of context that is the reason for it. It was actually a debate with diehard Christians with closed minds. So this is not SPAM it's in answer to your question.

There are a lot of individuals on this site that claim to be Christians. However, when you listen to the words coming out of their mouths, it’s like some warped, watered down version of religion, that was twisted to fit their own needs and wants. They act as if anyone who doesn’t follow their brand of religion is going to hell and is a sinner. They say things like if you aren’t saved, you are going to Hell,“Even if the person is a new born baby”. Yes, that is something that is taught by some religious people, no matter how CRAZY it sounds.
Lots of organized religions feel that if you don’t follow a denomination / a Christian seal of approval, then it is pagan and you are living in sin. There are tons of different religions out there, the list is huge. You have, Assemblies of God, Baptists, Calvary Chapel, Catholics, Christian Science, JCLS, Eastern Orthodox, Presbyterian, Seventh Day Adventists, Church’s of Christ, and the List goes on and on. Each denomination, twisting things to fit its own needs and wants. I don’t see a problem with this except when those religions start judging, and lose sight of what the first original teachings were.

Continued on next page.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136582 Aug 27, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
What about conception through birth .There may be a transfer of energy that happens that way too.
Yes, but the subject was death. Their are natural ways to transfer energy. When people claim a way of transferring of energy, the onus is on them to explain it. The religious keep insisting in spirits and they have the energy transferred from humans, yet cannot explain it.
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#136583 Aug 27, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Part 2
It seems that to be sure you are going to heaven; you have to have a titled religion, so I think I will call my new religion “Can I Get an AMEN’ism” and that should lock me in tight with GOD, Right? I’m just doing what the other 100s of various religions have done; now I’m recognized and legitimate. I have my seal of approval.
I would consider myself a Spiritual person. And being a spiritual type of person, I think we generally hold ourselves more accountable than “Some” religious followers. For instance, I don’t think that I can go treat someone else badly, do something wrong, and go to church on Sunday and its all forgiven. I don’t think I can go do some terrible thing, or a lot of small bad things, go to Church and get 3 hail Marys and all is good. That’s like a free pass to treat people like crap and do bad things knowing you will be forgiven for it. Hmmm.
That would be like the “once Save, always Saved” concept. Some believe that if you were saved once, you will go to heaven no matter what when you die.‘You don’t see a problem with this? Let’s say for example, a nice little kid was saved. He grew up, got into drugs, started robbing and raping people, and ultimately becomes a serial killer. Now do you honestly, with all common sense that this person is going to heaven?
Another example would be the same guy now on death row. Only this time we will say that he wasn’t saved when he was a kid. He spent his life being a serial killer, murdering, molesting, and all other types of vial activity. Right before they strap him onto the gurney to give him a lethal injection, he asks the priest to save him and forgive him of his sins. Do you think this guy is going anywhere near heaven? Some may say, but if he had a change of heart, he would. First off, those types of people do not have a change of heart, and they can’t be cured. They are sociopaths, and they have no conscious. They would not, and could not, have done the things that they did if they had a conscious. Science has proven this. However,“of course he had a change of heart”. He knew he lived a life being bad, he had his fun, now just in case there is a HELL, he wants to make sure that he doesn’t end up there.
I think it comes down to this. It really doesn’t matter what your religion is, as long as you are living right. There really is no hazy shade of grey. You’ve got to do a real gut check and be honest with yourself. Do you live in the light, try to do good, try to help, be kind of heart, or are you the type of person who dwells in the darkness? Are you Living wrong, manipulating people, victimizing others, getting what you can get, no matter who it hurts. Someone, who puts on false faces, acts and says one thing and is something and someone completely different on the inside,. Do you pass judgment on others or, do you accept others for the people that they are, no better, no worse than yourself? Do you try to practice what you preach, or do you tell others what to think and do, and then do the opposite when no one is looking.
Everyone is human, and living right does not mean being weak, or weak of heart, mind, body, or soul. People are going to do things that aren’t so nice. Will they go to Hell for them? Probably not. If you get into a physical confrontation with someone, are you going to hell? I would say no, maybe you’re “HEART” was in the right place, defending someone when it happened. Now if you were beating your Wife, Kids or others for fun and pleasure, then there is a good chance that if there is a Hell, you are going.
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#136584 Aug 27, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
So you wish for me to prove the superstitions you believe? Again, do your own work. I cannot attempt to explain what I do not believe is possible.
Ghosts are of delusion, as is bigfoot and the Lock ness monster. I also do not believe in alien abductions, and unicorns. None of these are a "given" no matter how many claim to have seen them.
Photos and films can be faked and often are. I watched Spider man and he seemed pretty real, but I am sure it is just movie magic.
Sounds like you don't believe in much. Really it's kind of pitiful really. For someone who claims to be so intelligent, you seem very stunted in ways. It sounds like a miserable existence. An open mind is where NEW answers are found. Not just in Religion and education, also in life. How can you even grow as a person is you have the "Limited" capacity to believe in "Possibility's" and others . You have to have faith in something besides a text book. That's how New discoveries are made. Otherwise you will stay stuck and not grow. Your true potential will have never been reached. You have limited yourself. So you have not done everything possible to find the truth in things. Seems like that would be obvious to someone such as yourself who portrays themselves to be an expert on most anything anyone says.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136585 Aug 27, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainiac doesn't know he debating with Superman, his post and thinking are very similar to Pushermans mindset.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#136586 Aug 27, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
A poor argument? Why didn't you refute it?
I am not vexed. I simply take YOUR LIES ,ill conceived excuses and your baseless faith and make them public.
ARE YOU DENYING THAT THE FOUNDATION OF YOUR FAITH AND BELIEFS begins with
" We don't know"
In essence, though you won't admit it, you believe that Nothing created something out of Nothing.
And you have no choice but to believe that. Your faith has left you defenseless.
So your excuse for your faith is that " you don't know"
In spite of your continuous lies in defense of your ignoble faith, I have never stated that I know, I have stated that I believe.
And we know what you believe,,,,,nonsense,gibberish ,double talk.
You are the twerp that justifies incest, although you claim it makes your skin crawl.
If something makes your skin crawl, it must be offensive to you,, Yet,you cailm not to be offended,
Double talk.
Your alter ego ,Duket, states that it is plausible to believe that the churning of the elements ,over billions of years, somehow engineered life into existenced,,,,,Nonsense and gibberish.
My God is not shrinking and fills no gaps, Your faith has trashed and looted your mind,leaving an empty void that you must attempt to fill with nonsense.
The fruits of atheism
I remain responsible for what I say and not the statements you claim I have posted.

Your god is still god of the gaps and I can see that it does vex you because it never fails to set you off on one of your screaming rants.

Your god fills many gaps but none as big as the god-shaped vacuum that's in your head.

Cambridge, UK

#136587 Aug 27, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
These aren't scholarly sights but they should answer your question in this context.
Here are some good starting places to define your question.
I agree that they're not scholarly sites. They're also not scientific sites.
BRAIN STORM wrote:
"A ghost - or spirit or apparition - is the energy, soul or personality of a person who has died and has somehow gotten stuck between this plane of existence and the next. Most researchers believe that these spirits do not know they are dead. Very often they have died under traumatic, unusual or highly emotional circumstances. Ghosts can be perceived by the living in a number of ways: through sight (apparitions), sound (voices), smell (frangrances and odors), touch - and sometimes they can just be sensed."
BRAIN STORM wrote:
"Joe Nickell of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry, wrote that there was no credible scientific evidence that any location was inhabited by spirits of the dead.[59] Limitations of human perception and ordinary physical explanations can account for ghost sightings; for example, air pressure changes in a home causing doors to slam, or lights from a passing car reflected through a window at night. Pareidolia, an innate tendency to recognize patterns in random perceptions, is what some skeptics believe causes people to believe that they have 'seen ghosts'.[60] Reports of ghosts "seen out of the corner of the eye" may be accounted for by the sensitivity of human peripheral vision. According to Nickell, peripheral vision can easily mislead, especially late at night when the brain is tired and more likely to misinterpret sights and sounds.[61]

According to research in anomalistic psychology visions of ghosts may arise from hypnagogic hallucinations ("waking dreams" which are experienced in the transitional states to and from sleep).[62] In a study of two experiments into alleged hauntings (Wiseman et al. 2003) came to the conclusion "that people consistently report unusual experiences in ‘haunted’ areas because of environmental factors, which may differ across locations." Some of these factors included "the variance of local magnetic &#142;fields, size of location and lighting level stimuli of which witnesses may not be consciously aware".[63]

Some researchers, such as Michael Persinger of Laurentian University, Canada, have speculated that changes in geomagnetic fields (created, e.g., by tectonic stresses in the Earth's crust or solar activity) could stimulate the brain's temporal lobes and produce many of the experiences associated with hauntings.[64] Sound is thought to be another cause of supposed sightings. Richard Lord and Richard Wiseman have concluded that infrasound can cause humans to experience bizarre feelings in a room, such as anxiety, extreme sorrow, a feeling of being watched, or even the chills.[65] Carbon monoxide poisoning, which can cause changes in perception of the visual and auditory systems,[66] was speculated upon as a possible explanation for haunted houses as early as 1921."
BRAIN STORM wrote:
"The entire universe is made up of fourteen regions or planes (lokas) of existence, comprising seven positive and seven negative planes. Earth is the only physical plane while all the other planes are subtle in nature. Heaven is just one of the positive planes we can go after death."

Of the three links you provided, the second one came up with the most likely explanation.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#136588 Aug 27, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but the subject was death. Their are natural ways to transfer energy. When people claim a way of transferring of energy, the onus is on them to explain it. The religious keep insisting in spirits and they have the energy transferred from humans, yet cannot explain it.
There has to be a scientific reason for why I experienced what I did Mike . That's why I'm here. This guy is trying to explain what I experienced first hand..I started to talk about it a while back.. but it was with Curious and he's an idiot I would never trust with a well thought out response .
I had what people refer to as a near death experience . My mind left my body and took me down the most unbelievable journey . If it was dying it was unforgettable .It had to be something besides heaven I thought ..but it felt like heaven .There was only one voice I heard . He said "It's not her time yet"..and within an instant I returned right back to emt working on me.
These are the most difficult words I have written . I know I am up for ridicule ..but I want people to stop fearing death.. it was the most beautiful experience I ever had. You know I'm not a liar. I've been on here for months and you know how much I believe in science . I think we are all great spirits ..with great purpose ..every living creature .

This, science cannot truly explain. I want answers

Cambridge, UK

#136589 Aug 27, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
There has to be a scientific reason for why I experienced what I did Mike . That's why I'm here. This guy is trying to explain what I experienced first hand..I started to talk about it a while back.. but it was with Curious and he's an idiot I would never trust with a well thought out response .
I had what people refer to as a near death experience . My mind left my body and took me down the most unbelievable journey . If it was dying it was unforgettable .It had to be something besides heaven I thought ..but it felt like heaven .There was only one voice I heard . He said "It's not her time yet"..and within an instant I returned right back to emt working on me.
These are the most difficult words I have written . I know I am up for ridicule ..but I want people to stop fearing death.. it was the most beautiful experience I ever had. You know I'm not a liar. I've been on here for months and you know how much I believe in science . I think we are all great spirits ..with great purpose ..every living creature .
Hi Justice

I don't doubt for one minute the experience you say you had but I will always look for the natural explanation first.

"A near-death experience, or NDE, is a profound psychological event that may occur to a person close to death or who is not near death but in a situation of physical or emotional crisis. Being in a life-threatening situation does not, by itself, constitute a near-death experience. It is the pattern of perceptions, creating a recognizable overall event, that has been called “near-death experience.”

Across thousands of years and in cultures around the world, people have described powerful experiences that follow this general pattern with its common features. At its broadest, the experiences involve perceptions of movement through space, of light and darkness, a landscape, presences, intense emotion, and a conviction of having a new understanding of the nature of the universe.

An NDE may begin with an out-of-body experience—a very clear perception of being somehow separate from one’s physical body, possibly even hovering nearby and watching events going on around the body. An NDE typically includes a sense of moving, often at great speed and usually through a dark space, into a fantastic landscape and encountering beings that may be perceived as sacred figures, deceased family members or friends, or unknown entities. A pinpoint of indescribable light may grow to surround the person in brilliant but not painful radiance; unlike physical light, it is not merely visual but is sensed as being an all-loving presence that many people define as the Supreme Being of their religious faith.

A near-death experience may include few or several of the common features. Many accounts of experiences include only one or two of the common features, but those were so powerful they created permanent changes in people’s lives.

The emotions of an NDE are intense and most commonly include peace, love and bliss, although a substantial minority are marked by terror, anxiety, or despair. Most people come away from the experience with an unshakable belief that they have learned something of immeasurable importance about the purpose of life. Overall, the entire experience is ineffable—that is, it is beyond describing; even art and metaphor cannot capture it. The effects of an NDE are often life-changing, and its details will typically be remembered clearly for decades."

http://iands.org/publications/journal-of-near...

What do I think about NDE's? I don't think they're magical, I just think that the few that do occur are yet to be fully explained by science (they're working on it) and I think the answer is far more likely to be one that we can explain with science rather than with the Bible/Quran/Talmud/Gita/etc.
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#136590 Aug 27, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have had something similar happen to me in my past. That's why I am so convinced there is something beyond the physical. This is a conversation I had with an Atheist a while back.

Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'm living "right" by your definition.
I am an Atheist, I have no god belief. What do you think will happen to me when I die?
Your personal opinion please.

My Answer:
I’ll let you decide for yourself what the answer is, and I will try to tell you my thoughts on the topic. In order to do that I will have to give you the reasoning behind my thinking. Like you, for years and years I believed that there was no God. No Heaven, No Hell, no hear after. When you die you’re just dead! You get buried or cremated, and that’s it, DONE. I lived my life fairly right; however I did get into some trouble along the way. I was not a bad person, I had a good Heart, but I was close to crossing that line fairly often. I didn’t go to church, and I still don’t attend church. I had bad experiences with the whole church thing. Anyway, something happened back then, and all I can say is I experienced what some would call a Near Death Experience. I wasn’t on drugs, or alcohol or anything like that. It was just something that happened. Anyway, I experienced the whole going through the tunnel thing that I’m sure you have heard about. They were right, you do see your life go before you except, I couldn’t really tell what the images were, they were going by so fast. It would be as if you put a Black and White DVD on very fast forward. The Images were just going by so fast that I couldn’t really tell what they were. Anyway, I popped out of this tunnel and it was like I was in space, except there were no stars. Just a big black void and me and my thoughts. I can remember thinking that, everything we know and have learned throughout human history could fit onto the head of a pin, compared to the vastness and Consciousness that I was experiencing. At that point I felt that all I was was Conscious energy. No physical body, just consciousness.
So I’m out there and I say to myself “so now what”? Where am I? Toto we aren’t in Kansas anymore.
I can’t stay here, so I’ll head out into that vastness. Well, I went for a short while and I could see a
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#136591 Aug 27, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Part 2

Rim of Golden Light. Kind of like what it looks like when the sun comes from behind the moon during an eclipse. So, I decided to head toward the light. As I got closer to the light I started to feel really good. The closer I got the better it felt. It felt like Love. Like the love a child has for its mother when they are small. So I got closer to this huge, vast area of light. I would compare it to an Energy Nebula in space, for lack of better words. And it took up all the space behind that point. It was yellow, and golden in color. But I noticed that the light was actually made up of millions and millions of “Souls” if that’s what you want to call them. It felt really great, better than anything I have experienced in my life. I wanted to go into the light, but I was afraid that if I did, I would die. I reminded myself that I had family that loved me. I reminded myself that there were things in life that I wanted to do and experience. If I go into that light I may never make it back. So I focused on trying to get back to my body and was drawn back through the tunnel and back into my body. I had after effects from that experience that lasted for months. But that is another topic.
So, that convinced me among some of the other things I didn’t mention, that there is definitely “something” beyond the physical realm. Call it heaven or whatever. I have heard people describe heaven as a city of gold, and have read it in the bible somewhere when I was younger. I suppose that is a good analogy, so that it can be put it into terms that can be comprehended by the regular everyday person. Really why would you need a physical city of gold when you have no body? What I saw was definitely gold in color though, but no city that I could tell.
If I were to die today and end up in that place that I went to, I would have no problem spending the rest of eternity there. Sign me up.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136592 Aug 27, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Justice
I don't doubt for one minute the experience you say you had but I will always look for the natural explanation first.

What do I think about NDE's? I don't think they're magical, I just think that the few that do occur are yet to be fully explained by science (they're working on it) and I think the answer is far more likely to be one that we can explain with science rather than with the Bible/Quran/Talmud/Gita/etc.
As a young boy I would have some nightmares, not unusual for children. One night I had a terrifying nightmare that was different than any others I ever had. While being chased by a demon and almost caught by it, I felt my body flinch while in the dream, at that point I knew I was in a dream . I then turn around and faced the demon and destroyed it, in my dream. I woke up that morning and could remember everything that happen in the dream. That was rare since most dreams I could not remember shortly after waking up. I heard that some people have solve difficult math and programming problems in their dreams.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136593 Aug 27, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I remain responsible for what I say and not the statements you claim I have posted.
Your god is still god of the gaps and I can see that it does vex you because it never fails to set you off on one of your screaming rants.
Your god fills many gaps but none as big as the god-shaped vacuum that's in your head.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah You do not remain responsible for what you say and refuse to defend your beliefs,,,,,,,,,,and rightfully so....Can not defend that which is indefensible.
Your faith 's foundation is " We don't know" ansd it is on that disturbing and humpty dumpty foundation that you pile nonsencical and absurd theories as if they were factual.
If your foundation is doddling on weak crutches, why would you believe that any theories you heap on it will not humpty dumpty it to the ground....
The fruits of atheism....a ravaged and looted mind.....AND it did not take billions or millions of years to achieve that ignoble objective,,,,It came quickly, faster than you can say
PreK don't live here no more, he been living stateside since birth..........LOL
What wacko twits you atheists are......Bua haha.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136594 Aug 27, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Justice, you may find this video interesting. Near death experiences research by Dr. Michael Persinger.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#136596 Aug 27, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainiac doesn't know he debating with Superman, his post and thinking are very similar to Pushermans mindset.
irecknso

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#136597 Aug 27, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Justice
"A near-death experience, or NDE, is a profound psychological event that may occur to a person close to death or who is not near death but in a situation of physical or emotional crisis. Being in a life-threatening situation does not, by itself, constitute a near-death experience. It is the pattern of perceptions, creating a recognizable overall event, that has been called “near-death experience.”
Across thousands of years and in cultures around the world, people have described powerful experiences that follow this general pattern with its common features. At its broadest, the experiences involve perceptions of movement through space, of light and darkness, a landscape, presences, intense emotion, and a conviction of having a new understanding of the nature of the universe.
An NDE may begin with an out-of-body experience—a very clear perception of being somehow separate from one’s physical body, possibly even hovering nearby and watching events going on around the body. An NDE typically includes a sense of moving, often at great speed and usually through a dark space, into a fantastic landscape and encountering beings that may be perceived as sacred figures, deceased family members or friends, or unknown entities. A pinpoint of indescribable light may grow to surround the person in brilliant but not painful radiance; unlike physical light, it is not merely visual but is sensed as being an all-loving presence that many people define as the Supreme Being of their religious faith.
A near-death experience may include few or several of the common features. Many accounts of experiences include only one or two of the common features, but those were so powerful they created permanent changes in people’s lives.
The emotions of an NDE are intense and most commonly include peace, love and bliss, although a substantial minority are marked by terror, anxiety, or despair. Most people come away from the experience with an unshakable belief that they have learned something of immeasurable importance about the purpose of life. Overall, the entire experience is ineffable—that is, it is beyond describing; even art and metaphor cannot capture it. The effects of an NDE are often life-changing, and its details will typically be remembered clearly for decades."
What do I think about NDE's? I don't think they're magical, I just think that the few that do occur are yet to be fully explained by science (they're working on it) and I think the answer is far more likely to be one that we can explain with science rather than with the Bible/Quran/Talmud/G
ita/etc.
That's what I think . It has to be explained and studied further . There was such a natural transition between here and the other side, that it was more scientific in nature than religious . I need to do more research . Thanks for the reply .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food for Thought with Hatti and The Specialist. 8 min Hatti_Hollerand 37
I'm at home getting Hammered... 12 min Hatti_Hollerand 55
Bill cain 29 min Wrong Bill 3
"The Specialist" is a "full fledged" Narcissist... 52 min SpecialistNotSpecial 3
Barbourville City Police 1 hr The Specialist 9
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 1 hr facts 39
Lindsay 3 hr Moron 6

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages