Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141457 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#136423 Aug 21, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
I can remember discussing the Founding Fathers on here a couple of years ago,,,,, and the atheist tried and tried to convince everyone that half or more of our Founding Fathers were deist.
It turned out that all but 2 of our Founding Fathers had prayed to God, or made mention to Christ in a speech, book, letter, or prayer before an event,, which destroys the whole deist myth.!
The atheist on here were shown proof of documented factual history of this,,, and would still try to say half or more of our Founding Fathers were deist, it actually got quite comical!!
Is that a fact? Which TWO Founding Fathers are you referring to? Are those TWO in The 40 who signed, or the 13 who left b4 signing or the 3 who refused to sign???? OR .... perhaps those TWO are found among other important figures of this Country that are also considered to be founders which include Thomas Paine, James Monroe, and Paul Revere?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#136424 Aug 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I realize it is just your opinion and not a scientific observation. I have no objection to you voicing your opinion. And I am also voicing an opinion many times here. It is wonderful how we have a free country that does not have a death penalty for someone trying to voice an opinion, unlike the bible days of Deuteronomy 13.
And I will often object to your opinion and give reasons why. It is an exchange of information.
You can try to swing peoples opinion to stop the known science of the day from being taught in public schools because you feel it does not work with your religious dogma, and I will protest that protest.
When I point out your lack of scientific knowledge, it shows you protesting what science says, it is done in ignorance of what science knows. I am not protesting what science says, so I need no qualifications in the matter.
You must have very bad reading comp. skills. I am a fan of science and you're doing nothing but using circular reasoning like a dog chasing his tail.
You go nowhere, twisting and deflecting is something you seem good at.
You still haven't produced that post where I Insist God did it..

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#136425 Aug 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Doesn't detract from the fact that the North star is to the North of the North Pole...LOL
That imaginary penis in your pants dies not surprise me, atheists are very apt at imagining things.
They imagine that nothing can create something out of nothing.
They imagine that the nonliving can create life, the non intelligent can create intelligence and the nonconscious can create consciousness,,,, Only thing they haven't been able to imagine is a plausible explanation for such
Maybe you can explain how you came by your imaginary penis and it's usage? Was it created by nothing from nothing .... and look at you wound up with,,,
an imaginary penis= nothing......
I see said the blind carpenter to his deaf assistant as he picked up his hammer and saw= atheist logic
This coming from the idiot that thinks up and North are the same thing.
I guess you don't recall calling me a man, you just posted it an hour ago..?..
will home school first

Madison, TN

#136426 Aug 21, 2014
Oh great, spread lies in education instead of facts. Keep religion out of education. And even if this did pass, which bible would be taught? Would it be the kuran? Kjv old testament? There is tons of religions out there and tons of people who follow different beliefs, or do not believe. My family prefers facts and science vs. Control and lies. Who are you to force your beliefs and specific bible in our schools?!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Brodhead, KY

#136427 Aug 21, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> There is only one thing that would travel faster than the speed of light, that is the photons of light exploding out in front of light itself. It would be like sparks shooting 2 foot above the flame, but you never see the spark til it goes BANG!
That would be why creation is being created before light speed over takes it.
You're right, nothing of mass could exceed it. photons of that light speed would start gaining mass and slow down. I think it's called Higgs Field, God Particle, and as far as I know, that is as far back as they have went, something to do with things gaining mass.
Very power creative energy force like light is throwing them light photon particles countless light years in front of it, we are in existence because of that light, Just as everything else is as well..
Physics and math will never be able to catch up with it, creation by the force is infinite..
So by this I take it you have no idea about the laws and theories of physics,,,,,

Brodhead, KY

#136428 Aug 21, 2014
LMS wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's fried chicken.
No thats' Chickens period... Chickens are a Human bred animal and does not exist in the natural world outside of Human breeding... There were never wild flocks of chickens flapping about...
Chickens were made by Man...

Brodhead, KY

#136429 Aug 21, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Northernest ? If your holding on to the North Pole there is only on direction you would go no matter what way you went.
WE ABSOLUTELY NEED MORE SCIENCE IN SCHOOLS !
Depends.... North Magnetic Pole or North Rotational Pole...

Brodhead, KY

#136430 Aug 21, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> You must have very bad reading comp. skills. I am a fan of science and you're doing nothing but using circular reasoning like a dog chasing his tail.
You go nowhere, twisting and deflecting is something you seem good at.
You still haven't produced that post where I Insist God did it..
All he can do is explain it to you, he cannot understand it for you......
maryann

Ormond Beach, FL

#136431 Aug 21, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No thats' Chickens period... Chickens are a Human bred animal and does not exist in the natural world outside of Human breeding... There were never wild flocks of chickens flapping about...
Chickens were made by Man...
please explain how chickens where made by man id like to know no insult intended thanks

Brodhead, KY

#136432 Aug 21, 2014
maryann wrote:
<quoted text>
please explain how chickens where made by man id like to know no insult intended thanks
Long ago some primitive caught some wild turkeys, peacocks, and assorted game birds and made pens to keep them in for use as food and found that if they kept them they would lay eggs and it made it easer to use the eggs and birds for food since they didn't have to hunt them... As they fed them and found that some of the eggs that hatched had some differences... so they stuck them together and hatched eggs and matched different variations together until what we today call a chicken slowly evolved due to humans changing the breeding pressures ... then over 1000's of years we end up with modern chickens of various breeds... It's like the Turkeys we bred to be all white with larger breasts, different variations of cows, dogs and cats... There was never a wild game bird called a Chicken... it's a Human bred variation of a game foul and was named Chicken after it was bred to a domesticated animal...

Like the way Humans made Chihuahuas .. there were never packs of roaming wild Chihuahua's ... Humans Made them by selective breeding of Wolves....

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#136433 Aug 21, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends.... North Magnetic Pole or North Rotational Pole...
I'm going to take a guess based on what common sense tells me. We rotate on an axis . So that would not correlate equally with the equator . So my answer is North Magnetic Pole.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136434 Aug 21, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from the idiot that thinks up and North are the same thing.
I guess you don't recall calling me a man, you just posted it an hour ago..?..
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Caddiddlehopper, Obviously you are standing on your head and don't know which way is up

Explain this
HISTORY OF SPACE

Astronomical Treasures of the Northern Sky:
Now,in order to look at the Northern sky, is it not necessary to look up ?

In order to see the North Star , you have to look up.

I did not call you a man , I said I believed you were a male to which you claimed you had an imaginary penis meaning that your penis is all in your mind.
Suffering succotash

Brodhead, KY

#136435 Aug 21, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to take a guess based on what common sense tells me. We rotate on an axis . So that would not correlate equally with the equator . So my answer is North Magnetic Pole.
Actually the Equator is based on the position if the Rotational Pole and has nothing to do with Magnetic pole... The Magnetic pole is moving at about 40 miles per year at the moment (Has sped up from about 6 miles per year to 40 miles per year over the last 100 years) and headed for Siberia... That's why there is True North and Magnetic North.. True North is constant and the Rotational Pole while the Magnetic North constantly changes and you have to add offset to a compass called declination.... You have to adjust your compass every year to or you will never know where you are. ;)

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#136436 Aug 21, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the Equator is based on the position if the Rotational Pole and has nothing to do with Magnetic pole... The Magnetic pole is moving at about 40 miles per year at the moment (Has sped up from about 6 miles per year to 40 miles per year over the last 100 years) and headed for Siberia... That's why there is True North and Magnetic North.. True North is constant and the Rotational Pole while the Magnetic North constantly changes and you have to add offset to a compass called declination.... You have to adjust your compass every year to or you will never know where you are. ;)
I always learn from you.:)

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#136437 Aug 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Caddiddlehopper, Obviously you are standing on your head and don't know which way is up
Explain this
HISTORY OF SPACE
Astronomical Treasures of the Northern Sky:
Now,in order to look at the Northern sky, is it not necessary to look up ?
In order to see the North Star , you have to look up.
I did not call you a man , I said I believed you were a male to which you claimed you had an imaginary penis meaning that your penis is all in your mind.
Suffering succotash
What does looking up at the sky have to do with anything ? Also , saying you believe a woman is male, is calling her a man....man!
No damn wonder that dog ran away from you.
You wanna answer my question about those staffs turning into snakes..I let you slide long enough. Sylvester .
bothways

Jamestown, KY

#136438 Aug 21, 2014
will home school first wrote:
Oh great, spread lies in education instead of facts. Keep religion out of education. And even if this did pass, which bible would be taught? Would it be the kuran? Kjv old testament? There is tons of religions out there and tons of people who follow different beliefs, or do not believe. My family prefers facts and science vs. Control and lies. Who are you to force your beliefs and specific bible in our schools?!
Well, Who are you to force your beliefs?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136439 Aug 21, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
What does looking up at the sky have to do with anything ? Also , saying you believe a woman is male, is calling her a man....man!
No damn wonder that dog ran away from you.
You wanna answer my question about those staffs turning into snakes..I let you slide long enough. Sylvester .
You sound much like the former monikered hoodlum known as skeptakal spektakals,banned from topix for his incalculable nonsense and calculable ignorance.
Anyhow,that is not the issue
When scientists refer to the Northern Sky, what are they saying?
North of what? Los Angeles, Chicago or the North pole.
Anyway, regardless of what the Northern Sky is North of, you have to look up to the Northern sky in order to see it, therefore looking up has everything to do with it,therefore up is North
Let me give you another example LOL Sorry , I had to stop and laugh and if I post this example I will indubidably be banned from topix and would have to do what you did, sneak in under another moniker.
Turning staffs into snakes is a supernatural event which I am unable to explain.
I have often stated that converting nonliving matter into living matter is something I attribute to God, whereas atheists attribute it to nothing...

Hey Elmer, Good riddance to bad rubbish...
Heavens to magatroy, you been letting me slide...You made an error, let me slide under the tag and I AM SAFE and have scored..........

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#136442 Aug 22, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound much like the former monikered hoodlum known as skeptakal spektakals,banned from topix for his incalculable nonsense and calculable ignorance.
Anyhow,that is not the issue
When scientists refer to the Northern Sky, what are they saying?
North of what? Los Angeles, Chicago or the North pole.
Anyway, regardless of what the Northern Sky is North of, you have to look up to the Northern sky in order to see it, therefore looking up has everything to do with it,therefore up is North
Let me give you another example LOL Sorry , I had to stop and laugh and if I post this example I will indubidably be banned from topix and would have to do what you did, sneak in under another moniker.
Turning staffs into snakes is a supernatural event which I am unable to explain.
I have often stated that converting nonliving matter into living matter is something I attribute to God, whereas atheists attribute it to nothing...
Hey Elmer, Good riddance to bad rubbish...
Heavens to magatroy, you been letting me slide...You made an error, let me slide under the tag and I AM SAFE and have scored..........
Who said I was speaking of Aron's rod. You see clown.. you don't know your Bible . The first rods to turn into snakes were not God's work...but mere mortals ..
No score for you!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#136443 Aug 22, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So by this I take it you have no idea about the laws and theories of physics,,,,,
I do somewhat, but no, I am not a physicist nor do I understand a lot of it, but I do find it a very Interesting subject.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136444 Aug 22, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I was speaking of Aron's rod. You see clown.. you don't know your Bible . The first rods to turn into snakes were not God's work...but mere mortals ..
No score for you!
You asked an illucid question for which I provided a lucid answer, I see clown when I look at arheists...
What mere mortals turned rods into snakes in the bible? Are you talking about sorcerers and magicians?
I don't subscribe to magic or sorcery, I leave that to atheists.
Scoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Oven Mitt 2 hr nope 23
Who all got shot in Knox County today? 2 hr Wondering 2
Tina and Luke 3 hr crazy 3
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 3 hr Quantummist 43
Best place to get your car fixed? 5 hr Brady 17
Wreck at hwy 930 who was it 6 hr barbourville1 1
Jamie Foley 8 hr Convict 15
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE