Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151840 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136080 Aug 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Do JW's celebrate with gifts? I know they do not celebrate many traditional holidays, or birthdays.
I have always exchanged gifts on December 25th. Heck, I even put up decorations to honor Santa, even though I know he is not real.
I have relatives who are JWs and they give donations "not referred to as a tithing" of money to their church to support it financially. Many JW's donate their property to the Watchtower Society when they die. As far a presents go they never give presents on pagan holidays like Christmas or birthdays, I have never seen or heard JW relatives give presents to any one of the other non JW relatives, not ever. They do charity work only for their members in need, we are considered infidels,heretics and apostates by the group. Like YAA they are sectarians and think all other groups are heretics, but are docile compared to YAA type of sectarism and extremist politics.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#136081 Aug 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I am NOT claiming there was a God before the BB. I am claiming that it's no more a faith based thought than life from non life..
you can run In circles with your word salad my friend but that's what evolution and anyone that believes it comes down to.
Anything o/side of time and space, a creator for example, would be able to Interact with the time and space it created. Science does nothing but explain the building blocks used Mike.
So you are not claiming A god before the big bang, and I am not claiming how life came to be, but you feel I should not believe the scientific theory of evolution because what?

For sake of debate, lets say a person does have "faith" life came from non life. Should he be put before a firing squad for that belief?

If you wish to have faith in a creator god, fine, but when you insist the known science of the day be withheld from public school due to your beliefs, that is when I object, which is what I am doing here. I am not wishing for you or your kind to be lined up before a firing squad.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#136082 Aug 16, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
Zero percent of "Born again" Christians commit suicide!
If only.... If only Robin Williams had Jesus...
we'd still have him today!
Why do you lie for Jesus? Many Christians commit suicide.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136083 Aug 16, 2014
frosty wrote:
<quoted text>satan isn't man enough for anyone, nor was adam.
Then who knock up Eve?

If Eve was a God, why would she be required to have sex to produce an offspring? Couldn't she just say poof and then offspring would appear? Why didn't Eve say poof to Satan to make him disappear?

What's the name of the true religion today?
AAA

United States

#136084 Aug 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Do JW's celebrate with gifts? I know they do not celebrate many traditional holidays, or birthdays.
I have always exchanged gifts on December 25th. Heck, I even put up decorations to honor Santa, even though I know he is not real.
So you "know" Santa is not real, but you can't 100% rule out there's no God, god, or gods???

You silly evolutionist contradict yourselves quite bit, don't ya??

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#136085 Aug 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
If you actually went with the Biblical Story then his actual birthday would have been sometime in October since taxes would have been collected at the end of harvest time because much of the taxes were paid from the crops harvested at the end of the growing season... And the reason they had went to Bethlehem was because everyone was told to go there to pay taxes...
AAA

United States

#136086 Aug 16, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Palestinians?
Why don't you ask your god to bless them?
Probably for the same reason your ancestors wouldn't have asked their god to bless the native Americans while they were getting slaughtered by Christians.
We should be asking God to give the Palestinians the courage to not let emmaus take them over with fear tactics!
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136087 Aug 16, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

However, before humans evolved, we were egg laying reptiles and the yolk genes were active.
The science is here:
http://www.plosbiology.org/article/info%3Adoi ...
l
Thanks for providing us with non information, I clicked on that website and a message came up that that page is no longer avaiable,, I wonder why? generally those types of pages are deleted for nonsencical content.

You have stated that
"However, before humans evolved, we were egg laying reptiles and the yolk genes were active'
So you are saying that at some point in the past, your ancestors laid an egg...
LOL I can believe that,and the yolk is on you.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we are descendants of snakes, others claim we are descendants of apes.......
And,no one can tell us how the first egg came into existence..
Answer can be found in atheist book of nonsencical mythology or in the disembodied mind of PreK
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss
SNYB

Twinsburg, OH

#136088 Aug 16, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>1 Peter
2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I
lay in Sion a chief corner-stone, elect, precious: and he that
believeth on him shall not be confounded.
2:7 To you therefore who believe [he is] precious: but to them
who are disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed,
the same is made the head of the corner,
2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense,[even to
them] who stumble at the word, being disobedient: to which also
they were appointed.
2:9 But ye [are] a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy
nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the
praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his
marvelous light:
2:10 Who in time past [were] not a people, but [are] now the
people of God: who had not obtained mercy, but now have
obtained mercy.
The stone y'all hate!
One of the MAIN compositional traits of decency, ethics, and HUMANITY, of a CIVIL society, which INCLUDES extending such towards OTHERS as well (not JUST to self), eh YaA?

mercy
[mur-see]

noun, plural mercies for 4, 5.
compassionate or kindly forbearance shown toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one's power; compassion, pity, or benevolence:

the disposition to be compassionate or forbearing:

the discretionary power of a judge to pardon someone or to mitigate punishment, especially to send to prison rather than invoke the death penalty.
an act of kindness, compassion, or favor:

something that gives evidence of divine favor; blessing:

"Mercy".

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#136089 Aug 16, 2014
Curious wrote:
Our God lives,Our God Reigns and Jesus Christ is Lord
You believe in two gods?

Cambridge, UK

#136090 Aug 16, 2014
Curious wrote:
If those scientists were alive today, their faith would be much stronger.
Wrong, the very fact that the article had to go back a few hundred years to find their scientists demonstrates that you are wrong again.

Cambridge, UK

#136091 Aug 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
That'll do just fine! people like you don't deserve to live and given the chance and license, I'd do away with you...happily!
I Vote Me, pusherman
For President
Prove life from non life you lying POS!
Is this the peace that surpasseth all understanding?

Cambridge, UK

#136092 Aug 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
So you do not believe in the science of evolution, nor the big bang. Any other sciences you do not trust? How about plate tectonics'? And I am not being sarcastic here. Fact is, I have no idea what you feel is reality/
Wood turning into a snake!

He believes that.

Cambridge, UK

#136093 Aug 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
I need not prove what I do not claim. Seems you cannot prove what you claim, thus you threaten to kill humans for what they believe.
Why do you hate religious freedom?
He'd be right at home with those IS fighters who slaughtered 80 people because they refused to convert to Islam

Hell, Christians are only a camel and turban away from being Muslims anyway.
AlbertEinstien

Twinsburg, OH

#136094 Aug 16, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, the very fact that the article had to go back a few hundred years to find their scientists demonstrates that you are wrong again.
So umm...whatya think about NON-scientific type theories-- like promoting "stuff" like MERCY--maybe even on an international scales.
Too bad anyone couldn't bottle something like that and sprinkle it on sadistic, bomb lobbing, terrorist types daily huh?

:-)

Cambridge, UK

#136095 Aug 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are making an absolute predication of what cosmologists predict?
Reality is only allowed to be as defined by curious.

Cambridge, UK

#136096 Aug 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah but the laws of Kentucky do Not..
There you have it.

Proof that man's laws are better than the laws of the Bible god.

Cambridge, UK

#136097 Aug 16, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion is the reason for oppression . Men are the reason why these women suffer , men that worship an old outdated book.
You can proudly boast that women had no hand in writing the books of the Bible.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#136098 Aug 16, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for providing us with non information, I clicked on that website and a message came up that that page is no longer avaiable,, I wonder why? generally those types of pages are deleted for nonsencical content.
You have stated that
"However, before humans evolved, we were egg laying reptiles and the yolk genes were active'
So you are saying that at some point in the past, your ancestors laid an egg...
LOL I can believe that,and the yolk is on you.
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, we are descendants of snakes, others claim we are descendants of apes.......
And,no one can tell us how the first egg came into existence..
Answer can be found in atheist book of nonsencical mythology or in the disembodied mind of PreK
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss
Why do you lie so much. I had no problem with the link. If you didn't try so hard to miss it you might have seen the advanced search option .
If you do not educate yourself with all the facts there is no reason for anyone to waste time debating you.
I know what your going to say....that web site is not factual .You never read it. You never wanted to.
Why are many atheist/non bible believers so well versed with scriptures ? You can't make good decisions if you don't allow yourself to learn about both sides of any argument .
Do you think God created the exact same animals 6000 yrs ago that are still here today ? Was the penguin and the polar bear on the arc too?

Cambridge, UK

#136099 Aug 16, 2014
Seeking Knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you say I made it up? I told you I am a Christian and have been. You honestly believe I made up being lied only Christians? Really? You think they are infallible? please. Talk about delusional. You wrote the book on it. You must be like the Christians I've encountered. Not surprisingly, the atheists responded to me with more kindness than you, sister Christian. I bet Jesus is proud of you huh? Shit head.
Nicely put.

The chances of getting a kind response from curious are zilch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lay Principal 20 min Illegal 3
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 39 min Best practices 45
Where TC go 1 hr go girl 8
Ronnie Jackson 18 yrs old 4 hr tax payer 3
Police: Woman arrested after passing out in car 4 hr Big Daddy 12
Where is Crystal Woolum 12 hr someone 2
Higher Property Taxes 13 hr taxpayer 17

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance