Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158054 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Sharrian

Winter Garden, FL

#135831 Aug 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is not the only way to reproduction of a species. Fish don't have sex. Need I supply more examples your claim is false?
Excellent point.
Sex is not the only way to reproduction of a species and you accurately state that fish don't have sex.

Where you are wrong is in stating that my claim is false.
I stated that sex is the only way for reproduction of the species.
If you go back and read what I wrote you will note that I was alluding to the human species.
There is no other way that humans can reproduce , other that by sex ,artificial insemination or a test tube baby .
In all cases male sperm and the female egg are mandatory and one has to fertilize the other.
If memory serves me correctly, the same applies to fish.
The female lays the eggs and the male fertilizes them
That fact has evolutionists in a quandry which they can not intelligently address.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#135832 Aug 12, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
"Theory is the next best thing" to fact!!
But it's not FACT though, is it??
"Far more likely"!!
Far more likely is NOT FACT either!!
"Best explanation"
NOT FACT!!
It was said on here that someone could provide proof/fact of evolution of species!!
Still waiting,, not only have they been TRYING to pass of THEORY as FACT, they've been passing off other people's theories,,, not even their own!!!
You know what else isn't fact?

Yours or indeed anyone else's god.

They are not even theory

They are failed hypotheses - theories are much better than that.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#135833 Aug 12, 2014
AAA wrote:
It was said on here that someone could provide proof/fact of evolution of species!!
Still waiting,, not only have they been TRYING to pass of THEORY as FACT, they've been passing off other people's theories,,, not even their own!!!
Bacteria evolve into species that are resistant to antibiotics.

Do you deny that?

Finch evolution has been directly observed and gene frequencies in their gene pools has been measured, multiple times.

Do you deny that?

Evolution is fact. Evolution is "gene frequency change in gene pools over time." This has been objectively measured in the lab and tested, measured and observed in nature time and time again. To deny this is to deny reality - religion is quite good at that.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135834 Aug 12, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Bacteria evolve into species that are resistant to antibiotics.
Do you deny that?
What Does It Really Prove?
The mechanisms of mutation and natural selection aid bacteria populations in becoming resistant to antibiotics. However, mutation and natural selection also result in bacteria with defective proteins that have lost their normal functions.

Evolution requires a gain of functional systems for bacteria to evolve into man—functioning arms, eyeballs, and a brain, to name a few.

Mutation and natural selection, thought to be the driving forces of evolution, only lead to a loss of functional systems. Therefore, antibiotic resistance of bacteria is not an example of evolution in action but rather variation within a bacterial kind
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135835 Aug 12, 2014
Sharrian wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent point.
Sex is not the only way to reproduction of a species and you accurately state that fish don't have sex.
Where you are wrong is in stating that my claim is false.
I stated that sex is the only way for reproduction of the species.
If you go back and read what I wrote you will note that I was alluding to the human species.
There is no other way that humans can reproduce , other that by sex ,artificial insemination or a test tube baby .
In all cases male sperm and the female egg are mandatory and one has to fertilize the other.
If memory serves me correctly, the same applies to fish.
The female lays the eggs and the male fertilizes them
That fact has evolutionists in a quandry which they can not intelligently address.
Ask 'em which came first,the chicken or the egg?
They'll tell you "neither" The dinosaur came first,from whence,who knows
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss

atheists confuse me with their illogical minds.
Are we out of dinosaurs because they all evolved into chickens?
And ,is that process reversible?
Why we got so many chickens and none has evolved into a dinosaur?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#135836 Aug 12, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask 'em which came first,the chicken or the egg?
Eggs came before chickens.
Curious wrote:
Are we out of dinosaurs because they all evolved into chickens?
Most dinosaur species died off.
Curious wrote:
And ,is that process reversible?
Potentially.
Curious wrote:
Why we got so many chickens and none has evolved into a dinosaur?
There is no selective pressure for chickens to evolve into dinosaurs. Chickens are generally bred for egg laying ability or size (for larger breasts/thighs/etc) to eat.
AAA

United States

#135837 Aug 12, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what else isn't fact?
Yours or indeed anyone else's god.
They are not even theory
They are failed hypotheses - theories are much better than that.
So you must think the Bible nor evolution of species should be taught as fact??
AAA

United States

#135838 Aug 12, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Eggs came before chickens.
<quoted text>
Most dinosaur species died off.
<quoted text>
Potentially.
<quoted text>
There is no selective pressure for chickens to evolve into dinosaurs. Chickens are generally bred for egg laying ability or size (for larger breasts/thighs/etc) to eat.
You should actually be trying to prove to you fellow atheist you have proof/fact of evolution of species,, before you TRY to convince a believer!

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#135839 Aug 12, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>You should actually be trying to prove to you fellow atheist you have proof/fact of evolution of species,, before you TRY to convince a believer!
Why? You're the ignorant one.
Kid Rock

Richmond, KY

#135840 Aug 12, 2014
Hey guys its me, Kid Rock. Just wanted to remind all of you all to smoke meth and hail satan. And dont forget, my new album drops next week.
AAA

United States

#135841 Aug 12, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? You're the ignorant one.
Why??
Because they are saying just the opposite of you,,,
Spine Splitter

Monticello, KY

#135842 Aug 12, 2014
wow idiots who come back and judge thread as spam or clueless or nuts. what nerd herd are you worthless scum? how qu*er you have to be to have time to judge a thread? lmfao!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#135843 Aug 12, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
C'mon you old codger. Stop trying to be slick and deceitful.
She was not referring to all species
She was referring to the Human species
"Sexual reproduction is clearly the only way for the continuation of THE species
I oughta slap you upside your head for being so conniving,
C'mon,get your head closer to the computer screen,,,closer,closer SLAAAAAP)
There,you feel that? LOL
Again ..Nope...Homosapians today do not require sex for the continuation of the species...
Lucifer

United States

#135844 Aug 12, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again ..Nope...Homosapians today do not require sex for the continuation of the species...
They require a sexual act. It's heresy. Man made for woman, woman for man. All else should burn. Degeneration of the human race.
god

Chicago, IL

#135845 Aug 12, 2014
Well if you going to teach maybe you should reamber freedom of religion i mean thats what sunday schooh and church for you all awasy trying push some dum shit on kids maybe you sgould get off your ass and take that money you spend on dum shit and put in for kids have stuff to do
Horatio

United States

#135846 Aug 12, 2014
At least teach the mythology. Man does not become angels after death, The angels are a different species. Learn about Michael, and tge rest of the arch angels. They are soldiers not the idea people have of angels. They are soldiers and tough. It is a great read. Check it out.
AAA

United States

#135847 Aug 12, 2014
god wrote:
Well if you going to teach maybe you should reamber freedom of religion i mean thats what sunday schooh and church for you all awasy trying push some dum shit on kids maybe you sgould get off your ass and take that money you spend on dum shit and put in for kids have stuff to do
So do you consider yourself an atheist?
Lucifer

United States

#135849 Aug 13, 2014
god wrote:
Well that's the longest sentance ever. Ever heard of punctuation? Looks like they could use that money on YOU YOURSELF an education by the look of this post! Lmfao. Weirdos.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135850 Aug 13, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
So, are you still confused as to how you wish to be labeled?
<quoted text>
You're not the only one on here who claim to be atheist,, but leave the door open that there could be a god!
Another self proclaimed atheist on here even thinks there is a god, just not the God of the Bible!!!
If you all are so confused about if there is or isn't a God, god, or gods, why should anyone believe your evolution scheme?? In all actuality you can't believe your own evolution pitch,, if you're leaving the God door open!!
I see you still cannot comprehend a simple definition. Not my problem.
Many Christians and other believers of gods also believe in evolution. Are you claiming they lack faith?

Leaving the door open for you or someone to produce a god does not mean I believe it will ever happen. I seriously do not think it will happen. But I am not so arrogant as to claim something that cannot be absolutely known. The existence of a god cannot be absolutely known.

But how is a person who cannot understand definitions to understand what I just said? I have little hope you can even comprehend my words.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135851 Aug 13, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly my point, evolution or science does not answer all questions.
The Bible answers every question one needs to know about receiving 'life'...in every sense of the word.
Your thinking in regards to my rejecting science is simply not the case...I do not reject science. I reject some of what is use to say science proves it, when it does not.
Are you a scientist? You don't seem to be either, thus you should reason also that you have no good insight as to what the evidence says...correct? I believe in creation as God says it happened, not that I am a majored creationist. What I do not know or understand, I research and find out; then test, and make or reserve a decision.
I did not claim one had to be a scientist to understand science. But if you are not a scientist, claiming science is wrong is problematic. That was my point. It is like trying to tell a rocket scientist his rocket will never work, when you have no understanding of rocket science. It is arrogant, and ignorant to do.
The bible does not come close to answering all the questions of life, or even of receiving life. Science has already found more information than the bible has on the subject, and science shows the bible is wrong about many claims of life. You simply reject any claims of science that contradict what the bible claims. I am sure you have no ability to test what science claims. I am sure you have extremely limited understanding of the evidence. I can plainly see you do not even understand the basics of evolution, much less have the level of information to dispute the sound scientific theory.

If you are not a creationist, does that mean you reject what the bible claims of creation?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 1 min Not 5
Looking for work 2 min Ginger 10
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 5 min Refer 112
Talk about deleting post? 7 min Topic 1
Martha and randy 10 min shocked 20
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 12 min Nash 3,954
rats (Dec '10) 13 min Truth 24
Bullock Busted 15 min Alex Engle 22
Knox st Liquor Going Broke ! 1 hr Creeper 28
affairs !!!!!!! 6 hr Cheaters 5