Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 169072 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#135783 Aug 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does Satan appear a few times in the OT as a member of God's heavenly court?
To have free will, you must have the ability to commit an evil act.
Otherwise, you're certainly not free and you definitely don't have free will.
Satan was going about to see who he could devour...who/what he could steal, kill or destroy.

True and we have free will. We are accountable for the words we say and our actions.

Location hidden

#135784 Aug 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So a god said all this? Did a god say any of this? Of course not, as it is not even written as if a god said it. Can you even show a scripture that claims a god is speaking about heaven?
Seems to me, you simply believe whatever the bible says, is of what your god actually wants, as if none of it may be the imaginations of want man wants. That is just unrealistic, and I think very dangerous.
Yes, God said all of this.
The Bible is God's word...and there is so much more to this.

God also tells us to test all things to see whether they are from Him and this is what we do. It is also in the Bible that spiritual things will be foolishness to those who are not spiritually alive.

Have you personally performed all necessary scientific experiments, tested theories and hypothesis, etc. to know what you have placed your faith in is true? What if they are wrong?

Location hidden

#135785 Aug 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Then show credible evidence the earth is not 4.54 billion years old? You say the bible contradicts that date yet again, but you have yet to show it does.
If a few scientists disagree with the date, they must supply the evidence to prove it. Being scientist does not grant you the authority to make a claim that should be considered credible, evidence does.
Please see previous post which answers this questions.

I responded previously that I have not found where the Bible gives an actual date of the earth;s age. To me, in the grand scheme of things, it is not life or death information. There are many scientists who date the earth as being younger than 4.54 billion, there is also the Jewish calendar which dates the earth younger than 4.54 billion years, etc. This television interview that I caught the end of, was speaking on this subject...it is interesting.

I agree with your last sentence.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#135786 Aug 11, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
The lake of fire is for satan, the demons, death, etc. and was not made for mankind.
Are you spreading more apostasy jam? Look, Jesus shows that Lake of fire was for fools and infidels, Pastorette.

Matt: 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister,'Raca,' is answerable to the court. And anyone who says,'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

C'mon.
warlord

United States

#135787 Aug 11, 2014
Mike you need to get a life! My god. Atheists hate the idea of God cause they hate being wrong. They hate guilt and they hate the idea of punishment for those wrongs. If this werent true you wouldnt LIVE in this site, posting crap after crap "science blah blah evolution blah blah" one after another. Id be ashamed that my life sucked, that bad. And I'm a Satanist by the way. Not a pasy q*eer Hollywood Satanist. I worship a literal being. Get out of the basemet, get a girlfriend and a life and drop posting "blah blah blah God don't exist or the Devil blah blah science proof proof proof" and or croak. Or Die. Whatever. When the pit in the Euphrates is opened by Apollyon , and the horrible horseman are released, what a grand day that will be as millions nonbelievers are crushed. Yes.:[
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#135788 Aug 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That the adulteress was Mary Magdalene is a cultivated misconception.
We all know that YaA would have been in the crowd with the stones and if someone had thrown the first one, he would have thrown the second.
You really know nothing at all... do ya?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#135789 Aug 12, 2014
Romans
10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
and shalt believe in thy heart that God hath raised him from
the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10:10 For with the heart man believeth to righteousness; and
with the mouth confession is made to salvation.
10:11 For the scripture saith, whoever believeth on him shall
not be ashamed.

Repent!
You've got little time!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#135790 Aug 12, 2014
Robin Williams had it all...
Fame, fortune, and family....
If ONLY he had Jesus!

The only true cure for depression!
URWarped

London, KY

#135791 Aug 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
They have schools because the fund themselves? The constitution doesn't specify anything about parochial schools at all. If there was no first amendment there might be restrictive laws or there might be more permissive laws... that is legislative, not constitutional.
You don't seem to want to address the intent of the question. It isn't "How do/can churches build and operate schools?", it is >why< do they?
I ALREADY answered you that---remember--"because the Constitution allows for such"... except now your repost of your question of "intent" actually just makes me want to say--

"Churches" DON'T build and operate schools anyway--PEOPLE do.

So >why< would you even ask such a DUHM question?
SNYB

London, KY

#135792 Aug 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<shrug> It's obvious from your preoccupation with creatard bloggers that you aren't going to pay any attention to anything science says on the matter. Instead, you are going to cling to the creationist rhetoric you are emotionally vested in and keep parroting words like "something from nothing", "random chance" and nonsensical idiocy like "invention of irrational animals" or "why are there still chimpanzees?". I have no incentive to hold a serious discourse with the delusional and there is no purpose in my spending time and effort linking articles on the matter with someone who will emotionally and absolutely dismiss them with extreme prejudice.
If you were at all interested in biological explanations you wouldn't be doting on myths in a raggedy old book. Your own pretense makes no sense - you have a fallacy in claiming that both sexes were created in the image of a single sexed entity that had no origin (sexually, biologically or otherwise) itself. The faithful aren't even logically consistent within their own stories.
and you DUHmmy types, have T-Totally (and/or conveniently?) left out the biggest equation in ANY and of ALL of it

E-mc2

WHY is THAT??????(because that's really kind of pathetic ya know)

Is it too DIFFICULT for yew to comprehend, or is it that it just does NOT align with your own actual inner little duhhuh phallic (no) PEA braincell (required) motive(s).

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH-Mmy(s).
SNYB

London, KY

#135793 Aug 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not make claim to how life started. I simply spoke of how it may have. I guess you c
I guess I cannot fathom some being that needed no creating force that is more intelligent than man, and can make humans in a day.
You have demonstrated no willingness to learn about the sciences in question. So it seems pretty clear you are just on a mission to mock science. Everything you say about science seems to be negative. You are clearly on a war with science, although you may deny that charge, I think you are in a war you do not know you are in. I think you are oblivious to many things.
Ummmm..hmmmm...let's see here...

When one actuall THINKS depper scientifically..on the equational theory of E-Mc2...well....there goes you wankers and you god mutt be a weiner theories.

DUHMmmmy(s).
SNYB

London, KY

#135794 Aug 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Sex is not the only way to reproduction of a species. Fish don't have sex. Need I supply more examples your claim is false?
That one kind of blows that lamebrainwankerweiner theory all to heck too lol.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135795 Aug 12, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you very much...and there is the reject; trying to push theories as fact.
Theories ARE built on facts and often reveal facts. Yet, you try to push the Bible as fact. Myopic.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135796 Aug 12, 2014
URWarped wrote:
<quoted text>
I ALREADY answered you that---remember--"because the Constitution allows for such"... except now your repost of your question of "intent" actually just makes me want to say--
"Churches" DON'T build and operate schools anyway--PEOPLE do.
So >why< would you even ask such a DUHM question?
I said it is for purposes of indoctrination and you are running from it. Why is that, Sista?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135797 Aug 12, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
and you DUHmmy types, have T-Totally (and/or conveniently?) left out the biggest equation in ANY and of ALL of it
E-mc2
WHY is THAT??????(because that's really kind of pathetic ya know)
Is it too DIFFICULT for yew to comprehend, or is it that it just does NOT align with your own actual inner little duhhuh phallic (no) PEA braincell (required) motive(s).
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH-Mmy(s).
Einstein couldn't have come up with relativity without first knowing 1+1=2, so which is more important? Will you ever write a post that has a point?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135798 Aug 12, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You really know nothing at all... do ya?
I know I don't know - they say that is the path to wisdom. It is the fundies who claim to know everything.
You think that the adulteress was Mary Magdalene or that you don't throw stones on a regular basis?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135799 Aug 12, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed this one....
If someone says that the planet is a different age and has evidence to prove it, why would it be a waste of time watching the person?
There is the key -..."AND HAS THE EVIDENCE TO PROVE IT." Creationists have not produced any credible evidence to prove their claims - but they have finagled a lot of lies. A LOT of lies. What purpose would it serve me to watch a crackpot seriously make wild claims about people riding stegosauruses or Noah's flood creating the tapeats sandstone layer when both are complete and utter fantasy?
If I posted a video of myself proclaiming roses are actually horned toad lizards because they both have thorns, I would encourage you not to waste your time watching it.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135800 Aug 12, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No contradiction.
No.
Then either you don't know what a contradiction is or you are in deed, deep denial.
Lucifer

San Mateo, CA

#135801 Aug 12, 2014
Mike you need to get a life! My god. Atheists hate
the idea of God cause they hate being wrong.
They hate guilt and they hate the idea of
punishment for those wrongs. If this werent true
you wouldnt LIVE in this site, posting crap after
crap "science blah blah evolution blah blah" one after another. Id be ashamed that my life sucked,
that bad. And I'm a Satanist by the way. Not a pasy
q*eer Hollywood Satanist. I worship a literal being.
Get out of the basemet, get a girlfriend and a life
and drop posting "blah blah blah God don't exist
or the Devil blah blah science proof proof proof" and or croak. Or Die. Whatever. When the pit in the
Euphrates is opened by Apollyon , and the
horrible horseman are released, what a grand day
that will be as millions nonbelievers are crushed.
Yes.:[
Lucifer

San Mateo, CA

#135802 Aug 12, 2014
atheists. The most worthless form of human beings alive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
omg ! tractor supply is great 4 min keepemhonest 62
Who knows Deborah sanders 41 min No name 31
Niki Reynolds/Brett Ledford 53 min Lol 8
I Actually need some kind hearted advice. 58 min look over this way 31
jfk 1 hr look over this way 16
Knox Teachers embarrassed by Teachers Remarks ! 1 hr Basketball man 69
new BBQ place opening soon in barbourville! 5 hr Hungry 3
New Speedway Coming.... YES... 6 hr john 59

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web