Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148328 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135628 Aug 9, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out where I said I was stating a fact.
You obviously noticed that I was stating my opinion.
Are you naturally this stupid or does it take an effort?
I never said you were stating a fact . I know bwtter than that.
I said you were stating an opinion andtrying to pass it off as a fact.
Were you born stupid or were you taught by atheists
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135629 Aug 9, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put
It seems that animals aren't just the souless meatbags that Christians take them for.
Quite a few possess intelligence and some appear to be more empathic than we are.
That a few if not many animals posses intelligence is more than I can say for the mentally unstable atheists who do not believe and also in God(S)
And I am assuming that when you state that" some appear to be more empathic than we are"
you are reffering to those of the atheist persuasion

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#135630 Aug 9, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I would have to go back and look through all that mess,, but it was something to do with a single cell mixing it up with pond scum, and then laying out on a rock to catch some sun rays, he didn't say if his rock was male or female, or what it ever bred to get another rock!! LOL!!!! Not sure where the rock came from, or for that matter where the pond scum, single cell or sun came from, but he supposedly knows,, maybe he'll enlighten us on it,, because the way I tell it makes it sound pretty silly!!
But a invisible being picking up a bit of dirt and blowing on it to make a fully formed man don't sound silly at all ....
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135631 Aug 9, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some diversion. I am just debating what you said. I see you cannot debate what I say, so you debate straw men.
WOWWEE First you had an affinity toward Moses ,could not stop mentioning his name.
Now, everyone who debates you has a strawman argument.

You better go growl at that poster of the scarecrow from the wizard of Oz that you keep near your bedside.
You still on that narcissistic and arrogant mode where you have self proclaimed yourself as one whose logic is incomparable and can not be debated?
HOGWASH////////// LOL
Whatanincompoop
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135632 Aug 9, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
But a invisible being picking up a bit of dirt and blowing on it to make a fully formed man don't sound silly at all ....
That is quite a simpleton explanation there,Q, intended to be misleading.

It is highly impossible that life,consciousness and intelligence emanated from nothing or even
no thing that does not have or know about those properties.

Much to the chagrin and dismay of atheists,it is clearly stated in the Bible that God has life within Himself. Having that property or quality, He has the ability and knowledge to pass it on to others.
He didnot pick up a bit of dust and blow into itto make a fully formed man.
He formed man from the dust on the ground and breathed life into his nostrils.
Moreover, is it not you who has stated that we are made of stardust?
And what is stardust? Is it not the dust on the ground? It is ,according to atheists.
You been on this board when there were only 6000 and some postings, now we are up in the mid 100 thousands. When are you thinking or retiring?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaah don't retire I like your obtuse sense of humor
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135633 Aug 9, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no need for a god in social hierarchy. But I do see many who claim a link to a god to have hierarchy over others. The money, power, and choice of sexual partners are often the motive.
As I have said, it is natural to assign imaginary beings to fill the gaps of knowledge man has. Those who claim to have some of these answers usually get the hierarchy over others. So again the strong motive to make up things like gods to get rewards.
Interesting opinion you have there. Do you have any facts to support that opinion, specifically how it would pertain to the author and finisher of our faith, Our Lord,Jesus Christ.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#135634 Aug 9, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said you were stating a fact . I know bwtter than that.
I said you were stating an opinion andtrying to pass it off as a fact.
Were you born stupid or were you taught by atheists
----------
I THINK it comes from the childhood memories of the mother and father figures.

I THINK they seem like they are Hovering over us... nourishing, protecting, caring for and loving us.... more powerful than us.
I THINK That is a child's impression of adults, also an adult's impression of a "god."

I THINK It gives a sense of security to believe in a "god."
I THINK Some people need it.
I THINK Some of us grow up and have the confidence to face reality and believe in ourselves.
----------
Is this how it has to be typed so you don't (intentionally) misunderstand?
Geesh...what an idiot.

I realize when YOU are posting that you are only posting YOUR opinions.
Because there certainly aren't any facts in them.
You wouldn't know a fact if it bit you on the ass.
:-)
AAA

United States

#135635 Aug 9, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you agree with "Mike" that time he TRIED to prove evolution by posting a link that said the T-Rex evolved into the chicken of today??

That is no joke,,, he thinks the dinosaurs evolved into birds,, and now the T-Rex is a chicken!! Yeah,, that doesn't sound a bit silly!!
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135637 Aug 9, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
So I guess you agree with "Mike" that time he TRIED to prove evolution by posting a link that said the T-Rex evolved into the chicken of today??
That is no joke,,, he thinks the dinosaurs evolved into birds,, and now the T-Rex is a chicken!! Yeah,, that doesn't sound a bit silly!!
The Bedrock Herald today reported that a tragic accident had befallen the family of fred Flintstone.
Unbeknownst to them, their pet dinosaur,Dino, evolved into a chicken, which they barbecued at the family picnic.
Fred, Wilma and Bam Bam are beside themselves and are spearheading a campaign to boycott Colonel Sanders...
AAA

United States

#135638 Aug 9, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bedrock Herald today reported that a tragic accident had befallen the family of fred Flintstone.
Unbeknownst to them, their pet dinosaur,Dino, evolved into a chicken, which they barbecued at the family picnic.
Fred, Wilma and Bam Bam are beside themselves and are spearheading a campaign to boycott Colonel Sanders...
Lol.!! I was going to ask if anyone wanted to meet at Kentucky Fried T-Rex,, Mike's buying!

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#135639 Aug 9, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Exodus 7:9-12
How does a piece of wood turn into a snake ?
You find a plausible explanation for that.

The connection between a dinosaur and a bird are real.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#135640 Aug 9, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Good post. Timothy shows she is practicing a heresy with evidence you showed. Will she continue to stumble those who might believe someday by not obeying 1 Timothy 2:11-15?
I wonder what her defense would be to that verse?
No doubt there'll be some piece of apologetics to be quoted.

The Bible is so full of error and contradiction that christian apologetics is a booming industry.

Cambridge, UK

#135641 Aug 9, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.!! I was going to ask if anyone wanted to meet at Kentucky Fried T-Rex,, Mike's buying!
From a Christian discussion forum.....

"There was an unfortunate fight that broke out in the back of my new church last weekend. The dispute was over the pregnancy of a young girl who was legitimately raped (Deuteronomy 22:28-29) by a young man in the congregation. The young man's father was trying to pay the appropriate amount to the girl's father, but her mother was not having it. She reached over and grabbed the young man by his seed bearing jewels, and brought him to his knees.

Fortunately, God's Word contains the lessons we need to help these good Christian folks. God inspired men like Moses to write into law a way to mediate these kinds of moral grey areas with the wisdom of the Holy Spirit.

So, we cut off the wife's hand according to Deuteronomy 25:11, and we were in the process of marrying the happy couple when the police showed up. We tried to explain that we were just exercising our religious freedom, but now we're sitting in the police station while they trump up some charges.

Christian persecution is real my friends. We need to stand together now or our Christian nation will crumble under the moral corruption of a society that disrespects God's Holy Word."

Cambridge, UK

#135642 Aug 9, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post! I'll have to remember that one.

Their answer of course is "Magic!"

It's the foundation of their ju-ju and underpins their entire faith and beliefs.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#135643 Aug 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
How does life come from non life?
Is it like a cake recipe? Just knowing the right amount of Ingredients to add and the right timing In adding them?

Cambridge, UK

#135644 Aug 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
How does life come from non life?
Is it like a cake recipe? Just knowing the right amount of Ingredients to add and the right timing In adding them?
We don't know the answer to that yet.

There's nothing wrong with not knowing something - at least we are honest.

What's dishonest is positing your magical god of the gaps as an answer when you don't know the answer yourself.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135645 Aug 10, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.
Not even close.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135646 Aug 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't know the answer to that yet.
What's dishonest is positing your magical god of the gaps as an answer when you don't know the answer yourself.
No, you don't know the origins of life,but the theories proposed by atheists as to how life originated are science fiction based.

Thomas Heinz
Many atheists understand, but purposely side step the really difficult question which is,“Where does the information in cells come from?” They substitute made up stories about where one of the materials that carries information might have come from. But there is no way that chance, clay,“organic soup,” or natural selection could invent the chemical code of a first cell, and use it to write information instructing the cell to make just the right proteins, fold them properly, and send each one to the only place in the cell where it will fit.

Professor Werner Gitt, who works in the field of information science writes:“There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to information, neither is there any physical process or material phenomenon known that can do this.”{Werner Gitt, In the Beginning Was Information, 1997, p. 79} This statement, if true, destroys the whole basis of the idea that no intelligent mind was involved in the formation of the first life. Is his statement true? All languages, alphabets, and codes that we know of, as well as the information spoken or written in them, originated in minds. The blind faith of the atheist that the first life was an exception is contrary to all known evidence.

De Duve, a Nobel Prize winning scientist writes:

“{In all modern organisms, DNA contains in encrypted form the instructions for the manufacture of proteins. More specifically, encoded within DNA is the exact order in which amino acids, selected at each step from 20 distinct varieties should be strung together to form all of the organism’s proteins.”{Christian de Duve,“The Beginning of Life on Earth,” American Scientist, Vol. 83, Sept-Oct. 1995, p. 430} Information never happens apart from intelligence, yet cells contain huge amounts of information. I believe this is the most important single evidence that life came from the mind of an intelligent Creator rather than from dumb chemicals.

BTW PreK, As is common with you guys,you are attempting to mislead.
We,as Christians,do not claim to KNOW, We Believe ,based on our personal experiences.

Atheists are the ones that believe in magicasl miracles..
They claim that nonintelligence has succeeded where intelligence has failed..
Non intelligence is the creator of life ,consciousness and intelligence.
Going on that premise we can conclude that nonintelligence has some supernatural abilities which intelligence has been unable to attain
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135647 Aug 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo, you are not being honest, You are being evasive in order to defend your faith

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135648 Aug 10, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you don't know the origins of life,but the theories proposed by atheists as to how life originated are science fiction based.
Thomas Heinz
Many atheists understand, but purposely side step the really difficult question which is,“Where does the information in cells come from?” They substitute made up stories about where one of the materials that carries information might have come from. But there is no way that chance, clay,“organic soup,” or natural selection could invent the chemical code of a first cell, and use it to write information instructing the cell to make just the right proteins, fold them properly, and send each one to the only place in the cell where it will fit.
Professor Werner Gitt, who works in the field of information science writes:“There is no known natural law through which matter can give rise to information, neither is there any physical process or material phenomenon known that can do this.”{Werner Gitt, In the Beginning Was Information, 1997, p. 79} This statement, if true, destroys the whole basis of the idea that no intelligent mind was involved in the formation of the first life. Is his statement true? All languages, alphabets, and codes that we know of, as well as the information spoken or written in them, originated in minds. The blind faith of the atheist that the first life was an exception is contrary to all known evidence.
De Duve, a Nobel Prize winning scientist writes:
“{In all modern organisms, DNA contains in encrypted form the instructions for the manufacture of proteins. More specifically, encoded within DNA is the exact order in which amino acids, selected at each step from 20 distinct varieties should be strung together to form all of the organism’s proteins.”{Christian de Duve,“The Beginning of Life on Earth,” American Scientist, Vol. 83, Sept-Oct. 1995, p. 430} Information never happens apart from intelligence, yet cells contain huge amounts of information. I believe this is the most important single evidence that life came from the mind of an intelligent Creator rather than from dumb chemicals.
BTW PreK, As is common with you guys,you are attempting to mislead.
We,as Christians,do not claim to KNOW, We Believe ,based on our personal experiences.
Atheists are the ones that believe in magicasl miracles..
They claim that nonintelligence has succeeded where intelligence has failed..
Non intelligence is the creator of life ,consciousness and intelligence.
Going on that premise we can conclude that nonintelligence has some supernatural abilities which intelligence has been unable to attain
I find it supremely ironic that the religious feel the overwhelming need to overlay an Almighty >>HUMAN-Like<< Intelligence and manipulation over every single aspect of both existence and non-existence and revere without question the alleged writings and actions of ancient humans, yet condemn "humanists" as radicals.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Diagnostic Review 1 hr Truth 3
Drumming Noise Downtown Barbourville 6 hr Blake 9
Roads in Whitesburg Hollow involving Three Oaks (Jun '14) 7 hr Blake 22
N e one houses get broke into 8 hr trouble 5
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 9 hr Princess Hey 1,395
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 10 hr Jus me 3,841
fred mitchell 15 hr JustMe 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages