Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,075

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#134992 Jul 28, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 16:19 (KJV)
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
The keys are only for those who are citizens of heaven. The claim is not empty and it answers a part of 'why' things are to the extent that they are.
Those who have not been called by God are injuring people and they add using the church to make money, have mercy...they will be held accountable.
1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 (KJV)
Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
1 Thessalonians 5:20-21 (NLT)
Do not scoff at prophecies, 21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good.
1 John 4:1-6 (NLT)
Discerning False Prophets
Dear friends, do not believe everyone who claims to speak by the Spirit. You must test them to see if the spirit they have comes from God. For there are many false prophets in the world. 2 This is how we know if they have the Spirit of God: If a person claiming to be a prophet[a] acknowledges that Jesus Christ came in a real body, that person has the Spirit of God. 3 But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here. 4 But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world. 5 Those people belong to this world, so they speak from the world’s viewpoint, and the world listens to them. 6 But we belong to God, and those who know God listen to us. If they do not belong to God, they do not listen to us. That is how we know if someone has the Spirit of truth or the spirit of deception.
1 John 4:1-6 (KJV)
Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. 5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. 6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-1-john-4-1-... (2).htm
http://www.answers2prayer.org/bible_questions...
Again, claiming there is a key, does not mean a key exists.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134993 Jul 28, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 16:19 (KJV)

Those who have not been called by God are injuring people and they add using the church to make money, have mercy...they will be held accountable.
Ten percent of all earnings is a lot of money, thus is a lot of motive to be deceptive. No matter who you believe will be held accountable after death does not change the reality of the motive and the things in which they produced.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134994 Jul 28, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Sin cannot enter heaven.
Free will in heaven...good question.'I would say', while we are in these bodies on earth we make our choice of our eternal destination. Once we leave this earth, whatever decision we have made, is our decision and is received.
There is no evil in heaven. Allotment of what one has chosen would be more like it. Who said free will could not exist in a world without evil? God made it so.
Evil is on the earth because mankind brought it into the earth, along with sickness, death, etc.
I don't think it was me who mentioned "being tested" but please don't punch the baby goat, he or she is innocent.
Interesting how just a few posts ago you did not wish to speak for god, and now you do just that.
What I interpret you saying here is, free will does not exist in heaven.
If we are what we decided when we die, then we must have decided perfectly on all things in order for no evils to be in heaven. And thus all in heaven must fully agree upon what evil is on all accounts. All must be exactly like minded.
The twilight zone comes to mind when thinking about the horrors of such a place.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#134995 Jul 28, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you could find nothing to refute, so you just diverted to finding something you find as odd.
I rarely see the atheists here mocking Jesus, but they do show how it is unlikely he was a deity. Is that mocking in your book?
Either way, even if we did mock Jesus, it makes the claims of Jesus no less of a liberal sort.
Saying Jesus should not be labeled is no reason to not label him. Your demands are reasonless.
As usual,having nothing to say,yOU HAD TO SAY SOMETHING
WHAT A KLUTZ

The A Team had Mr.T

The Atheists have the 4 T's T wits T werps T rolls and T ramps

I had to say that LOL

BTW You atheists put a label on Jesus when attempting to defend your illconceived faith as a matter of convenience and based on your human nature.
Jesus made it very plain that His teachings were from The Father and not based on being either conservative or liberal, That is your misguided interpretation of His Mission...
Try and remember His Saying " Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all it's righteousness and all these things WILL BE added on to you.
So I say, put your rebuttals in proper perspective, not based on your misleading atheist faith
That is precisely what you did with atheist Rose's illconceived and deceptive question,as you well know...
Good riddance to bad rubbish, even if it sticks around

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134996 Jul 28, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>

Freedom OF Religion
The First Amendment to the Constitution PROTECTS freedom OF (OF, OF, OF) religion by banning Congress from passing any law respecting an establishment of religion and FROM PROHIBITING people from freely exercising their religion.
AS in
You forgot to capitalize one of the "from" here, and that one is the from that protects you from religion.

How did you miss that?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134997 Jul 28, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual,having nothing to say,yOU HAD TO SAY SOMETHING
WHAT A KLUTZ
The A Team had Mr.T
The Atheists have the 4 T's T wits T werps T rolls and T ramps
I had to say that LOL
BTW You atheists put a label on Jesus when attempting to defend your illconceived faith as a matter of convenience and based on your human nature.
Jesus made it very plain that His teachings were from The Father and not based on being either conservative or liberal, That is your misguided interpretation of His Mission...
Try and remember His Saying " Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all it's righteousness and all these things WILL BE added on to you.
So I say, put your rebuttals in proper perspective, not based on your misleading atheist faith
That is precisely what you did with atheist Rose's illconceived and deceptive question,as you well know...
Good riddance to bad rubbish, even if it sticks around
Just because Jesus did not label gods ideas as liberal or conservative, does not mean I cannot.
I could care less where he got his ideas, but I do not believe they are of a god.

Fact is, you have still yet to show what values Jesus had that were conservative, nor has any other Christian here.
All I hear you doing is running from the debate.
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#134999 Jul 28, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting how just a few posts ago you did not wish to speak for god, and now you do just that.
What I interpret you saying here is, free will does not exist in heaven.
If we are what we decided when we die, then we must have decided perfectly on all things in order for no evils to be in heaven. And thus all in heaven must fully agree upon what evil is on all accounts. All must be exactly like minded.
The twilight zone comes to mind when thinking about the horrors of such a place.
I think I have tried to converse with you before Mike. Anyway you have things all confused. One of the reasons I'm sure is there are reported to be over 40,000 different religions all claiming to be Christian not to count the other religions scattered all over the globe. The Bible only allows for ONE TRUE RELIGION. Its like 2+2=4 but how many wrong answers could you put to that? But it don't how many wrong answers you put or how many believe the wrong answer it don't change anything 2+2 still equals 4 and that is universal.
The TRUTH from the Bible is the same way as a matter of fact Jesus said at John 8:31,32 that if you remain in his word you will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free.
I'm just curious Mike, have you had the opportunity to discuss these things with Jehovah's Witnesses? If the answer is no then you should make the time to talk to them. Then they can answer all of your questions
You can go to www.jw.org and find answers to the majority of your questions there.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#135000 Jul 29, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us guess...you mutt be one dem that mo'ron imbecilic, pitchforked gossip type journalisTic type Dirtbags...with a penchant for anything TRASHlike on anybody else.
Maybe one of these days, schools that HAVE to teach miscreants like you, will once again return to the fundamentals of the three R's---and FORCE some actual comprehension into the public sectors again....and introduce for the first time eva (for some you ghetto gutter types anyway)...a little thing called ETHICS
Now pay attention little clueless miscreant...DUHMED down and SIMPLIFIED...
Freedom OF Religion
The First Amendment to the Constitution PROTECTS freedom OF (OF, OF, OF) religion by banning Congress from passing any law respecting an establishment of religion and FROM PROHIBITING people from freely exercising their religion.
AS in
"Freedom of religion is a political principle guaranteeing freedom of belief and freedom of worship for individuals and groups. It is generally recognized to include related freedoms applied to the religious sphere, such as the freedoms of speech (evangelism), press (production and distribution of literature), travel for pilgrimages and meetings, and public assembly for religious purposes. Also included is the right not to follow any religion and to deny or doubt the existence of any deity" (Encyclo New World).
As in:
U.S. Constitution - Amendment 1
Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment >OF< religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
>As in "OF"< NOT!!! "from".
Now deal with THAT REALITY, miscreant.
You and many other Americans don't realize , it is impossible for an atheist to have freedom of religion . They have freedom FROM religion .
Get. your conservative head out of your a$$. You truly showed what a closed -minded person you are..

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#135001 Jul 29, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You and many other Americans don't realize , it is impossible for an atheist to have freedom of religion . They have freedom FROM religion .
Get. your conservative head out of your a$$. You truly showed what a closed -minded person you are..
It is impossible for atheists to have freedom from religion because many of the religious devote themselves to dominating society. How many times have you seen it (erroneously) written, "America was founded as a Christian country"?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135002 Jul 29, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I have tried to converse with you before Mike. Anyway you have things all confused. One of the reasons I'm sure is there are reported to be over 40,000 different religions all claiming to be Christian not to count the other religions scattered all over the globe. The Bible only allows for ONE TRUE RELIGION. Its like 2+2=4 but how many wrong answers could you put to that? But it don't how many wrong answers you put or how many believe the wrong answer it don't change anything 2+2 still equals 4 and that is universal.
The TRUTH from the Bible is the same way as a matter of fact Jesus said at John 8:31,32 that if you remain in his word you will know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you free.
I'm just curious Mike, have you had the opportunity to discuss these things with Jehovah's Witnesses? If the answer is no then you should make the time to talk to them. Then they can answer all of your questions
You can go to www.jw.org and find answers to the majority of your questions there.
The Bible was written by the Catholics, not the Jehovah's Witnesses. It seems that 2+2=4 exemplifies the boundaries of your comprehension. Stop spamming for your cult.
SNYB

Manchester, KY

#135004 Jul 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're caught in a feedback loop. Stop re-reading your own posts.
Ohhhhh noooo ya don't chumpy...nope....I'll claim my fair share of--but not letting ya by with dumping ALL the stupidity within this thread on one.

So you can just forget that NON-sense!
SNYB

Manchester, KY

#135005 Jul 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to capitalize one of the "from" here, and that one is the from that protects you from religion.
How did you miss that?
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFlip if I know!

(lucky for you, you won't have to huh?)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135006 Jul 29, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhhhh noooo ya don't chumpy...nope....I'll claim my fair share of--but not letting ya by with dumping ALL the stupidity within this thread on one.
So you can just forget that NON-sense!
I didn't say you were responsible for others' stupidity.
SNYB

Manchester, KY

#135007 Jul 29, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Try a Reading Comprehension 101 for beginners course... pull your OWN head out of your OWN azz of dark age narrow mindedness and try REALITY.

The CONSTITUTION was written for ALL people--NOT just atheists and it SAYS- "OF."
As in NO twisted DISTORTIONS needed.

OF, OF OF. Not "F"rom..BECAUSE OF (OF, OF) is already inclusive to mean "from" as has shown to you (and anyone else that had read this thread) REPEATEDLY, in plain and simple texts

Freedom OF!

NO lame commieTicish distorted rewrites or pea brain translations needed!!

OF.
OF.
OF.

Amendment 1 - Freedom >>>>>OF<< <<< Religion, Press, Expression

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment OF religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereOF; or abridging the freedom OF speech, or OF the press; or the right OF the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress OF grievances.

OF...As in..(and OF, as in pertaining to atheists "allergic to religion")

OF- preposition \&#601;v, before consonants also &#601;; &#712;&#601;v,

—used as a function word to indicate something from which a person or thing is delivered <eased of pain> .....OF..
(Merriam Webster.)

OF...NOT(!) from!!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135008 Jul 29, 2014
Flint hill bandit wrote:
<quoted text>
Another wasted day of preaching!
Get a life!
Trolling every thread in Kentucky would be a better use of my time... 0.o
SNYB

Manchester, KY

#135009 Jul 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is impossible for atheists to have freedom from religion because many of the religious devote themselves to dominating society. How many times have you seen it (erroneously) written, "America was founded as a Christian country"?
Just like it is impossible to have freedom "from" terms like "bust a sag" and the stupidity of the trip over yew own britches attire that goes along with it...that people have to endure daily, whether they personally like it or not.

Say Chrumolio...I bet you think stop signs were made for any and everyone else...Except for yew..eh chumpy?

WRONG.

(worm)
SNYB

Manchester, KY

#135010 Jul 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say you were responsible for others' stupidity.
You better not either, thank you very much.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135011 Jul 29, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like it is impossible to have freedom "from" terms like "bust a sag" and the stupidity of the trip over yew own britches attire that goes along with it...that people have to endure daily, whether they personally like it or not.
Say Chrumolio...I bet you think stop signs were made for any and everyone else...Except for yew..eh chumpy?
WRONG.
(worm)
Fashion is not religion. Street signs are not religion. Your analogies are false, unless you are talking about purdahs and DL photos.
The amendment was written to prevent the government from adopting an official religion, such as the British Empire had with the Church of England. Hence, neither Christianity by denomination or in general is the official religion of the government of the United States and Christianity cannot enjoy special consideration by legislators, officials or courts - but certainly does. What part of that dichotomy escapes your notice?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#135012 Jul 29, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
You better not either, thank you very much.
I have said that you were a sycophant when you hypocritically praised others' posts of sheer stupidity - but that doesn't make you responsible for them.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#135013 Jul 29, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen it written and said to many times to count. The amount of religion that still exists in our government is inexcusable . The Constitution now only pertains to the religious according to some people. I guess you can have religious freedom, but only if you have a religion .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 9 min DITCH MITCH 5,650
big dog pawn 15 min Funny 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min GOTP 154,072
What happened at Stinking Creek? 19 min know 95
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 29 min dannylee 3,541
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 42 min BIG_STEVIE 26,284
how is moms cooking ? 48 min ARSH 5
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 5 hr Ref 10
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 6 hr Love it 21
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 14 hr record 10
kC principal injured 19 hr Sarah J 7
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs