Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148982 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#135613 Aug 9, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Continued<<<
(2) a complete renunciation of the Christian faith, which results in a full abandonment of Christ.
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/apostasy.html#ixz...
Religion may also call those who part from them apostates.
I found this source:
Understanding What Apostasy Is - And Is Not
"The truly loving response to apostasy is not to ignore it, but to confront it. As Paul told the Ephesian believers, "Have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them" to the light of the truth as it is found only in Christ (Ephesians 5:12-14). In order to do that, you as a believer need to understand five things that will equip you to do what God says you must do. We briefly outlined these five keys to a Biblically loving response to apostasy in our last article. Today we shall begin discussing them in more detail.
The first key to a Biblically loving response to apostasy is this: You must be able to define and identify apostasy. You need to understand the Biblical boundaries. You need to understand what constitutes apostasy, and what is not apostasy, according to Scripture.
2 Timothy 4:3-4 tells us that apostasy begins with the acceptance of teaching that is contrary to the Word of God:
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
Sometimes this acceptance of untruth begins in subtle ways, but the evidence will accumulate. Apostasy becomes more apparent when it manifests itself in a departure from a focus on Christ's twofold purpose for the church. Those purposes are to evangelize the lost through the preaching of the one true Gospel, and to edify the saints through the expositional preaching of the entire Word of God. Sometimes this departure from the two commands of the Great Commission is gradual, but often in our time the slow beginnings lead to a rapid downgrade.
Continued>>> see source in next
Interesting that you quote Timothy.

Do you also agree that it's not enough that women accept Jesus to be saved?

"11. A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."

1 Timothy 2:11-15

There you have it. For women to be saved they must have babies. Faith isn't enough.

Cambridge, UK

#135614 Aug 9, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice....I recognize some. It's a good variety, as well Senegalese music ...thanks for sharing.
You're welcome

Cambridge, UK

#135615 Aug 9, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is no enemy.
One can only trust science to a degree because there are still so much science cannot explain. As well, the same issue that exists with religion exists with some sciences because people are involved. There are scientists who make false claims, studies, findings, etc. for fame, honor, prestige, etc.
There are indeed scientists who make false claims.

The beauty of science is that eventually they will be exposed for the frauds they are.

Science monitors itself and is self-correcting.

Cambridge, UK

#135616 Aug 9, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
God also works through the doctors; thus hospitals are still needed, but prayer is needed too. We are to read the Bible daily, fast and prayer for one another and be there for one another. For those who are not yet believers, we are suppose to stand in the gap for them and pray to God on their behalf.
This is a fallen world and suffering is here but there is also good here too. We just have to get to doing more of the good for one another.
I'm sorry but this is a classic example of how Christianity disesteems the great work done by humans.

You dishonour and disregard the many years of hard work doctors and medical staff put in and instead you choose to credit an imaginary and unproveable being.

If your god works through the doctors then why does he let doe-eyed kids die from leukemia?

Cambridge, UK

#135617 Aug 9, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
Please, I do not recall any account where God tells someone to lie...will you provide the scripture?
Bible prophets are supposed to speak for God.

Check out Elisha – he’s one of the heroes of the Bible.

“And Elisha said unto him, Go, say unto him, Thou mayest certainly recover: howbeit the LORD hath shewed me that he shall surely die.”

2 Kings 8:10

Here is a deliberate lie. Elisha’s official prophecy was that Ben-hada was going to live even though Elisha knew he would die. That makes him a liar.

Here are some more lies that originate from God:

"Now, therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets, and the Lord hath spoken evil concerning thee."
1 Kings 22:23

"Now therefore, behold, the Lord hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of these thy prophets."
2 Chronicles 18:22

"Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people."
Jeremiah 4:10

"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived."
Jeremiah 20:7

"And if a prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet."
Ezekiel 14:9

"For this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie."
2 Thessalonians 2:11

Cambridge, UK

#135618 Aug 9, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand on the foundation for my beliefs. I do not sway back and forth, claiming that I beleive in God and then claiming that there is a possibility God does not exist..
My God lives.
It is you and those like you, doubleminded, once Atheists, now Agnostics aznd you also claimed to be a secular humanist.
Those changes have taken place when your faith as an atheist and that of other atheists was challenged.
And we were talking about is the origins of life,consciousness and intelligence.
Now you also have atheists such as Hitchens and Dawkins attempting to distance themselves from their atheist beliefs.
Dawkins allows for the possible existence of God(S) and allows for the possibility that we may have been CREATED by a race of beings with superior intelligence,. Does that not point to Gods?
Hitchens claimed he believed that our planet was the dumping grounds of a superior race
who considered us undesirables and placed us here on Earth.
So what do we have, Atheists claiming that we may have been Created,not evolved,by a superior civilization'
The claim is also made by atheists that we were formed from Stardust.
What is Stardust?
The dust on the ground, exactly as stated in Genesis..And you call those strawman arguments?
Seems that atheists are most assuredly backing off their faith,although reluctantly and not willing to admit it
Sorry curious but your religion is the divinity of doubt.

As read in that lexicon of futility known as the Bible.

Cambridge, UK

#135619 Aug 9, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So you aare still regurgitating the same nonsense, expressing your misguided opinions based on nonfacts.
God has provided us with the formula,found in the Bible, as to how one may come to Know Him.
He clearly states how to make it happen... You ignore that formula and concoct ill conceived excuses so as not to follow His instructions and in order to justify your very shaky faith.
Willing to bet that you will respond with one of yourmany illconceived excuses.
Does that formula entail me believing in a creation story that includes a talking snake and a disobedient woman?

Cambridge, UK

#135620 Aug 9, 2014
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
that sounds sensible. depending on your definition of a god or gods, which would include intentinality. if there is a sort of god that is best described as pantheism, it would not necessarily know what it is, since it would be everything, and yet not necessarily in touch with all of itself, not even all of its seemingly mental aspects. I think it would be a good accomplishment if we could teach people, great apes., border collies, and dolphins to communicate with each other through means of picture boards. I heard about a great ape that asked for watermelon by punching two signs, one for fruit and one for water, without being coached (allegedly). But I can't imagine what a bird or caterpiller thinks. bad enough I try to say what a collie thinks! I might be mistaken!
Nicely put

It seems that animals aren't just the souless meatbags that Christians take them for.

Quite a few possess intelligence and some appear to be more empathic than we are.

Cambridge, UK

#135621 Aug 9, 2014
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
by appear to be I hope you mean that some folks make a claim for them. I certainly am appalled at the person who thinks he or she would fall into lots of traps and behave badly if he/she did not believe in a God. I think many people behave much more viciously because of the religion they believe in. Crusades being an example, and current events revealing more of them. Even Mormon behavior in one famous instance out west - and Fundy Mormonism even now, in the abuse of women. Let alone some Catholic priests and the higherups who protected them. And various Protestant type ministers who take advantage in similar ways, or economic ways.
Absolutely.

There are many different books which men claim have been authored/inspired by the creator of our universe.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#135622 Aug 9, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting that you quote Timothy.
Do you also agree that it's not enough that women accept Jesus to be saved?
"11. A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man; she must be quiet. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not the one deceived; it was the woman who was deceived and became a sinner. 15 But women will be saved through childbearing—if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety."
1 Timothy 2:11-15
There you have it. For women to be saved they must have babies. Faith isn't enough.
Good post. Timothy shows she is practicing a heresy with evidence you showed. Will she continue to stumble those who might believe someday by not obeying 1 Timothy 2:11-15?

I wonder what her defense would be to that verse?
SNYB

London, KY

#135623 Aug 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Let there be light my friend, which In the beginning is just what the big bang would have been, when that massive explosion of energy happened it would have been LIGHT! so looking at it from that perspective science validates what the Bible already said, don't you think?
Exactly.
SNYB

London, KY

#135624 Aug 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When we are talking about parochial schools we're referencing K-12 and if you didn't realize that you should have. Community churches create and run those schools alongside public schools "because they can" is not a reason.
YES, it is.

(and I used to look out the windows of a state school EVERY day at one, and twice a day at another one as the bus drove by it.)

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#135625 Aug 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about the Bible and not my personal belief right?
fact is that if you atheist think life came from non life, you're a lot more faithful and religious about your belief than I am mine..
That is some diversion. I am just debating what you said. I see you cannot debate what I say, so you debate straw men.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#135626 Aug 9, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty , I was pleased to see that you introduced your posting with the words" I think it comes" making it perfectly clear that you are spouting a nonfactual opinion which you are trying to pass off as factual..
Another illconceived attept to mislead
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssss
Please point out where I said I was stating a fact.

You obviously noticed that I was stating my opinion.

Are you naturally this stupid or does it take an effort?
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135627 Aug 9, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry curious but your religion is the divinity of doubt.
As read in that lexicon of futility known as the Bible.
Those are the opinions of one who is as useful as a lawnmower during a snowstorm.

Now, go check and see if the rocks in your head have spontaneously come to life.
Whataidiot
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135628 Aug 9, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Please point out where I said I was stating a fact.
You obviously noticed that I was stating my opinion.
Are you naturally this stupid or does it take an effort?
I never said you were stating a fact . I know bwtter than that.
I said you were stating an opinion andtrying to pass it off as a fact.
Were you born stupid or were you taught by atheists
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135629 Aug 9, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nicely put
It seems that animals aren't just the souless meatbags that Christians take them for.
Quite a few possess intelligence and some appear to be more empathic than we are.
That a few if not many animals posses intelligence is more than I can say for the mentally unstable atheists who do not believe and also in God(S)
And I am assuming that when you state that" some appear to be more empathic than we are"
you are reffering to those of the atheist persuasion

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#135630 Aug 9, 2014
AAA wrote:
<quoted text>I would have to go back and look through all that mess,, but it was something to do with a single cell mixing it up with pond scum, and then laying out on a rock to catch some sun rays, he didn't say if his rock was male or female, or what it ever bred to get another rock!! LOL!!!! Not sure where the rock came from, or for that matter where the pond scum, single cell or sun came from, but he supposedly knows,, maybe he'll enlighten us on it,, because the way I tell it makes it sound pretty silly!!
But a invisible being picking up a bit of dirt and blowing on it to make a fully formed man don't sound silly at all ....
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135631 Aug 9, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
That is some diversion. I am just debating what you said. I see you cannot debate what I say, so you debate straw men.
WOWWEE First you had an affinity toward Moses ,could not stop mentioning his name.
Now, everyone who debates you has a strawman argument.

You better go growl at that poster of the scarecrow from the wizard of Oz that you keep near your bedside.
You still on that narcissistic and arrogant mode where you have self proclaimed yourself as one whose logic is incomparable and can not be debated?
HOGWASH////////// LOL
Whatanincompoop
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#135632 Aug 9, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
But a invisible being picking up a bit of dirt and blowing on it to make a fully formed man don't sound silly at all ....
That is quite a simpleton explanation there,Q, intended to be misleading.

It is highly impossible that life,consciousness and intelligence emanated from nothing or even
no thing that does not have or know about those properties.

Much to the chagrin and dismay of atheists,it is clearly stated in the Bible that God has life within Himself. Having that property or quality, He has the ability and knowledge to pass it on to others.
He didnot pick up a bit of dust and blow into itto make a fully formed man.
He formed man from the dust on the ground and breathed life into his nostrils.
Moreover, is it not you who has stated that we are made of stardust?
And what is stardust? Is it not the dust on the ground? It is ,according to atheists.
You been on this board when there were only 6000 and some postings, now we are up in the mid 100 thousands. When are you thinking or retiring?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaah don't retire I like your obtuse sense of humor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just Wondering!! 9 min Just Wondering 1
Yolanda 21 min truth 4
tara 24 min Lol 18
JR SMITH snitch 37 min Flat-Lick 16
Three liquor stores in bville 1 hr john 14
Live music june 30th at the oven mitt knox stre... 1 hr john 1
TreadzTireCenter 1 hr BigDawg 12
KCHS principal 8 hr Gravy 29

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web