Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138064 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#134670 Jul 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason no Christian will answer it is because it is a trick question concocted by an atheist
Take your trickery and chicanery and deposit it in the Circular file. And take your trolling to another forum
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
You don't believe in hell? If not you are in a tiny minority among Christians.

The question the poster asked could also be phrased in a different way without hell:

If you survive a plane crash while 200 other people died can you truly "thank god" for rescuing you while killing everyone else?

Or another way:

You are healthy. Your family is healthy. You give thanks to god because just this morning you read a story about a baby who was born with a terrible defect, lived in pain and agony for a day or two, then died.

Thank god...?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#134671 Jul 23, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
That ...from another ignoramous that cannot even distinguish fact from opinion.
Get a clue silicon conolioman, your atheism does NOT entitle you (or your pile of dookie acting sidekick) to judge others anymore than anyone else, OR address others disrespectfully OR immorally...ESPECIALLY towards others.
Only your IGNORANCE allows you that choice.
Sounded like he was judging a type of thinking or opinion, not a person.

To borrow a bit from the other poster's post...if you believe the Moon landing was a hoax you have given up your sense of reason for insanity. Your opinion about the Moon landing is demonstrably inferior to someone who accepts that the Moon landing really took place...because it did.

Everyone has an opinion but not all opinions carry an equal weight of credibility.
jamie

Clintwood, VA

#134672 Jul 24, 2014
Bible study would be good
SNYB

London, KY

#134673 Jul 24, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounded like he was judging a type of thinking or opinion, not a person.
To borrow a bit from the other poster's post...if you believe the Moon landing was a hoax you have given up your sense of reason for insanity. Your opinion about the Moon landing is demonstrably inferior to someone who accepts that the Moon landing really took place...because it did.
Everyone has an opinion but not all opinions carry an equal weight of credibility.
To reiterate, there is a DIFFERENCE between FACT and opinion, and those that cannot differentiate between the two, lack credibility, in my opinion, because EVERYONE has an opinion, including the less than credible--even when they do NOT have all the Facts, which then turns "opinions" into nothing more than personal ASSUMPTIONS....which granted are-- many times, ILLogical at best ..and often Wrong as well.

Same holds true for those who when presented with data based upon FACT, who then choose to ignore (out of Ignorance) to acknowledge presented FACTS, for whatever reason. ILLogical and irrational as well.

BOTH are examples of Nothing more than Ignorance in action.

Even worse though-- is to then perpetuate the IGNORANCE even further, when after ignoring presented FACTS and denying the existence thereof (in ignorance), is to make some egomaniacal "almighty" claim to "know for a fact" the variables of the UNKNOWN to start with....thus then turning the nothing but Ignorance..into ABJECT Ignorance...which follows with, it just doesn't get any more Ignorant than THAT.

Because that's not debating Anything relevant, that's just heaping more piles, of nothing more, than just More, ABJECT IGNORANCE!!!

Now, would like to jump on the bandwagon of IMMORAL IGNORANCE Ignoramuses and make claim that you know for a FACT, that there are no other dimensions to this life, in this world as we know it, in some sort of egomaniacal, delusional, self appointed, narcissistic type "know-it-all" speaker for everyone and everything form???

Please do feel free to, herd packs of are always sniffing around for more ways to perpetuate such...
brainless IGNORANCE.

http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th...

(and there's YOU sign!!!!)
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#134674 Jul 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is at fault for their own actions and Hamas is at fault for theirs. Hamas is not Palestine and yes, there absolutely are many Palestinian innocents who have been wounded and died, just as there have been Israeli innocents who have been wounded and died. I'd guess you tie this "pinpoint operation" into some doomsday Revelation prophecy and that Fox News is therefore somehow sanctioned by God. You are not sane.
No...
Just a precursor to the big one!

The reason most conservatives watch Fox...
we're tired of the left handed spin, and lies of Liberal media!
We may not get ALL the truth from Fox (ie Obama: I didn't know anything
about the IRS targeting the Tea party!) but they put enough truth together
to make an informed decision!
It is the MOST trusted news source in America!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#134675 Jul 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not against the god of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I'm against willful ignorance and wanton delusion.
I'm also against using news of someone's death as an opportunity to gloat.
Excuse me?
I thought you had proof he/she died... I wasn't gloating... just stating
a fact that "IF" Lodi was dead... he'd know where he made his mistakes,
as we ALL will!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#134676 Jul 24, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason no Christian will answer it is because it is a trick question concocted by an atheist
Take your trickery and chicanery and deposit it in the Circular file. And take your trolling to another forum
If Heaven and the Lake of Fire are real, the scenario is real and should be of some concern from a theological standpoint, so how is it a trick question? If you go to Heaven and your beloved wife or mother does not, how can your soul rest in peace - unless your immortal soul is a sociopath by living standards? Are you simply reluctant to address an uncomfortable question, so you defer and blame it on those "damnable" atheists? That doesn't seen courageous or ethical - but then, you've never been accused of either.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134677 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me?
I thought you had proof he/she died... I wasn't gloating... just stating
a fact that "IF" Lodi was dead... he'd know where he made his mistakes,
as we ALL will!
You and I both know what your >INTENT< was then. Now, this self-serving attempt to save face while overlaying >your< worldly religion over an acquaintance's mortal tragedy is unconscionable. The information is that he died. Whether this is factual or not makes no difference to your original flippant remark or your excuses now.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#134678 Jul 24, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
A question no Christian will answer. I've asked the question in many different forums, but no Christian will answer it!
How could you be happy in Heaven knowing people you care about are being tortured in Hell?
How could you go to hell, and "WANT" your Loved ones go there too???

People... all people have a CHOICE
The Glory of God will cause us to be peaceful with "Their" choices!

Just as I am now... KNOWING that few of my family, and friends
have made that choice!
So be it... Come quickly Lord!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#134679 Jul 24, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Christ even died for her....
The problem is, how could Rose, or any other person WANT, no DEMAND
that Their Loved-ones go to Hell even if there'd be a slight chance that
they were wrong about an afterlife, and the destination of our own choosing?

They think that gay sex, or murdering Babies in their Mothers wombs now
are more important than their punishment later!
Pray for them always.... Amen :-)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134680 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No...
Just a precursor to the big one!
The reason most conservatives watch Fox...
we're tired of the left handed spin, and lies of Liberal media!
We may not get ALL the truth from Fox (ie Obama: I didn't know anything
about the IRS targeting the Tea party!) but they put enough truth together
to make an informed decision!
It is the MOST trusted news source in America!
You have stated nothing to refute any part of my post. All you have done is exhibit an unwarranted faith in a television channel that borders on idolatry and obsession. The "Liberal media" also investigated and thoroughly condemns the Obama/IRS conduct, but in your mind anything that is not spun far to the right is spun to the left. You are not sane.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#134681 Jul 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have stated nothing to refute any part of my post. All you have done is exhibit an unwarranted faith in a television channel that borders on idolatry and obsession. The "Liberal media" also investigated and thoroughly condemns the Obama/IRS conduct, but in your mind anything that is not spun far to the right is spun to the left. You are not sane.
Now they are getting to it, as Obama is loosing
his standing of the flavor of the month...
Hats off to CNN for breaking the VA scandal, but
a 10 sec spot, with NO culpability does not a condemnation make!
BTW... Fox is not my only source, as I like to see both sides...
Funny how MSNBC likes to spin stuff... damn Idiotic really!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#134682 Jul 24, 2014
God is real...
eternity is forever...
Salvation is at hand....
Repent, TURN from your sin,
Teach your children well, and KNOW...
that you did all you could to help them
go to Heaven... you'll be glad you did!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134683 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>How could you go to hell, and "WANT" your Loved ones go there too???
People... all people have a CHOICE
The Glory of God will cause us to be peaceful with "Their" choices!
Just as I am now... KNOWING that few of my family, and friends
have made that choice!
So be it... Come quickly Lord!
Turning the question inside out makes no sense and DOES NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION. If you are incarcerated for either just or unjust cause, why would you want your loved ones in prison, too? There are over 400 laws in the Bible and Jesus said if you break the least of them you shall be least in Heaven. How many do you think "Christians" have to choose to habitually, knowingly and willingly break to not get in at all? "Many will be called but few will be chosen." You are not sane.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134684 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Now they are getting to it, as Obama is loosing
his standing of the flavor of the month...
Hats off to CNN for breaking the VA scandal, but
a 10 sec spot, with NO culpability does not a condemnation make!
BTW... Fox is not my only source, as I like to see both sides...
Funny how MSNBC likes to spin stuff... damn Idiotic really!
Here is some of what the Liberal MSNBC is saying:
MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow:“There is a reasonable fear by all of us, by any of us, that the kind of power the IRS has could be misused,” she further said that this scrutiny of Tea Party groups was “not fair.”
MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough:“This is tyranny,” and talked of “unspeakable” abuses by the IRS. "This time it’s real.” "“You know, if George W. Bush or any Republicans had an IRS member that went after Democrats and then there was an internal investigation launched, you would not have time or space on the front page to talk about [other] issues,”“This really is a scam!”
MSNBC's Mark Halpern: "Because the – when a government -- the government – any government agency particularly one as powerful as the IRS engages in something that even people sympathetic to the admission say looks weird and suspicious, it's incumbent upon on all of the national media to aggressively ask more questions. The Republicans in Congress are asking questions. I think with a different administration, one that was a Republican administration, this story would be a national obsession and, instead, it's getting coverage here and a few other places, but it really deserves a lot more questions."

You have written nothing that refutes any of my previous statements.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134685 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Christ even died for her....
You are not sane.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134686 Jul 24, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
That ...from another ignoramous that cannot even distinguish fact from opinion.
Get a clue silicon conolioman, your atheism does NOT entitle you (or your pile of dookie acting sidekick) to judge others anymore than anyone else, OR address others disrespectfully OR immorally...ESPECIALLY towards others.
Only your IGNORANCE allows you that choice.
You really shouldn't bring up ignorance or how to address others, sistahypocrite.
Why did I have to point out to you the difference between fact and opinion? You didn't bring it up. You even argued for a couple week over whether women pee through the birth canal. Maybe you should stick with your trademark unintelligible baby babble.
get real

Holland, MI

#134687 Jul 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not sane.
Only a liberal would hear such a well spoken and reasonable comment and say that. If you don't want to have faith, then don't, but those of us who do, and want to have that effect our children in any way we can are allowed to do that, and vote that way, in a free country.

There is however a seperation between chuch and state that has to be respected, and if it can be done without stepping on this then great, but if not, then it shouldn't be done.

In that case I would recommend home schooling or more private schools.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#134688 Jul 24, 2014
Dear Atheists,

Lately, I have been catching unusually large amounts of information regarding evolution and it has not been the case to this date. Not through research but just catching the tail end of certain interviews and discussions regarding evolution and the place it holds with many atheists. I am sure this is the hand of God because he loves all of you very much but many of you may say differently.

At this moment, I have two questions:

1. How was evolution introduced into the public school system?

2. Is it true that the sea beds do not support the million year
earth theory?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#134689 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Christ even died for her....
No he didn't. If the wages of sin is eternal punishment in Hell, then Jesus would have to be eternally punished if in fact He died for my sins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scotty Powell catron sq dealer 25 min Joker 2
Knox county marijuana petition starting !!! 34 min Knox Resident 4
Who is your man Boo ? 2 hr Inquiring minds 1
burger king service sucks!! 4 hr cracker jack 8
Christella H 5 hr All mine 1
tess fisher (Nov '10) 6 hr NoGod 14
Suspicious Activity in Cranes Nest area on 1803... 8 hr Lmao 4
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE