Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156440 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#134689 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Christ even died for her....
The problem is, how could Rose, or any other person WANT, no DEMAND
that Their Loved-ones go to Hell even if there'd be a slight chance that
they were wrong about an afterlife, and the destination of our own choosing?
They think that gay sex, or murdering Babies in their Mothers wombs now
are more important than their punishment later!
Pray for them always.... Amen :-)
No he didn't. If the wages of sin is eternal punishment in Hell, then Jesus would have to be eternally punished if in fact He died for my sins.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#134690 Jul 24, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
To reiterate, there is a DIFFERENCE between FACT and opinion, and those that cannot differentiate between the two, lack credibility, in my opinion, because EVERYONE has an opinion, including the less than credible--even when they do NOT have all the Facts, which then turns "opinions" into nothing more than personal ASSUMPTIONS....which granted are-- many times, ILLogical at best ..and often Wrong as well.
Same holds true for those who when presented with data based upon FACT, who then choose to ignore (out of Ignorance) to acknowledge presented FACTS, for whatever reason. ILLogical and irrational as well.
BOTH are examples of Nothing more than Ignorance in action.
Even worse though-- is to then perpetuate the IGNORANCE even further, when after ignoring presented FACTS and denying the existence thereof (in ignorance), is to make some egomaniacal "almighty" claim to "know for a fact" the variables of the UNKNOWN to start with....thus then turning the nothing but Ignorance..into ABJECT Ignorance...which follows with, it just doesn't get any more Ignorant than THAT.
Because that's not debating Anything relevant, that's just heaping more piles, of nothing more, than just More, ABJECT IGNORANCE!!!
Now, would like to jump on the bandwagon of IMMORAL IGNORANCE Ignoramuses and make claim that you know for a FACT, that there are no other dimensions to this life, in this world as we know it, in some sort of egomaniacal, delusional, self appointed, narcissistic type "know-it-all" speaker for everyone and everything form???
Please do feel free to, herd packs of are always sniffing around for more ways to perpetuate such...
brainless IGNORANCE.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th...
(and there's YOU sign!!!!)
No part of Church doctrine is evidence of fact or is built upon verifiable or even plausible facts - quite the opposite. The evidence which >does< exist and has been thoroughly discussed throws the whole shebang into near absolute doubt lock, stock and barrel. There is >nothing< to indicate it is anything more or less than an intentionally cultured delusion. Whose fault is the abject ignorant fantasy imperiously created in the fourth-sixth century? Agnostics? Atheists? Bring your facts on that proposal - otherwise all you've got are strings of words like popcorn on a garland.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#134691 Jul 24, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
Dear Atheists,
Lately, I have been catching unusually large amounts of information regarding evolution and it has not been the case to this date. Not through research but just catching the tail end of certain interviews and discussions regarding evolution and the place it holds with many atheists. I am sure this is the hand of God because he loves all of you very much but many of you may say differently.
At this moment, I have two questions:
1. How was evolution introduced into the public school system?
2. Is it true that the sea beds do not support the million year
earth theory?
To be helpful, provide a link for your sources to these questions

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#134692 Jul 24, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
earth theory?
1. That would vary based on the public school system in question. Some still don't teach it.
2. You'll have to be more specific. What about sea beds?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134693 Jul 24, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
Dear Atheists,
Lately, I have been catching unusually large amounts of information regarding evolution and it has not been the case to this date. Not through research but just catching the tail end of certain interviews and discussions regarding evolution and the place it holds with many atheists. I am sure this is the hand of God because he loves all of you very much but many of you may say differently.
At this moment, I have two questions:
earth theory?
First, I think it would behoove you to realize that atheism/agnosticism//theism/de ism/monothesm etc. have nothing to do with the Theory of Evolution or Geology. Science is not religion's bugaboo. Objectivity, critical thinking and knowledge are. Most religions (even the most prominent Christian colleges) do not oppose either an old Earth or the ToE.

Evolution was introduced here and there in US public schools in the 1910's and 20's but it was not by any decree - if that's what you were getting at. Increased high school attendance in the 1920's caused a wider awareness of the theory, and in 1925 the "Scopes Monkey Trial" not only publicized religious contention of it as national spectacle, it also exacerbated the rifts between the sciences and religious fundamentalism.
I have never heard of "the million year Earth theory", but by the sound of it I surmise that core samples from the sea beds do dispute it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#134694 Jul 24, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The reason no Christian will answer it is because it is a trick question concocted by an atheist
Take your trickery and chicanery and deposit it in the Circular file. And take your trolling to another forum
Good riddance to bad rubbish.
How is it a trick question? Are we to simply trust it is a trick question in the way we are demanded to simply trust the story of your Jesus or go to hell?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134695 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No...
Just a precursor to the big one!
The reason most conservatives watch Fox...
we're tired of the left handed spin, and lies of Liberal media!
We may not get ALL the truth from Fox (ie Obama: I didn't know anything
about the IRS targeting the Tea party!) but they put enough truth together
to make an informed decision!
It is the MOST trusted news source in America!
Being the most trusted enables them to lie and be sure you will not fact check their claims. The same way you have such trust in the bible.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134696 Jul 24, 2014
get real wrote:
<quoted text>
Only a liberal would hear such a well spoken and reasonable comment and say that. If you don't want to have faith, then don't, but those of us who do, and want to have that effect our children in any way we can are allowed to do that, and vote that way, in a free country.
There is however a seperation between chuch and state that has to be respected, and if it can be done without stepping on this then great, but if not, then it shouldn't be done.
In that case I would recommend home schooling or more private schools.
It was neither well spoken nor reasonable. YaA completely misconstrued and reversed the question >explicitly< in order to change the paradigm and avoid it. Anyway, I have more than one reason for declaring him "not sane."
You completely misconstrue "liberal" in order to use it as an insult. Jesus was a liberal. Redefining the word for your personal sociopolitical satisfaction or denying the evidence of it as recorded in the New Testament does not make that truth vanish.
Within reason and the boundaries of law, you can teach your own children your religion as you see fit. You cannot do so with "our" children. If you expect Mrs. Joe Bob to teach her kids calculus and Creation Theory in the living room, you'll get what you pay for. If you want to send your kids to a private school, fine. Don't cry for "giverment" vouchers to pay for it - I didn't.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134697 Jul 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The examples are endless.
Gott mit uns.
Just watched a good documentary on Netflix,Imaginary Witness: Hollywood and the Holocaust.
It was interesting to learn that Hollywood was pressured to not make movies that showed the Germans in to harsh a light due to Americas attempt to make Germany a democracy and buy our products.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134698 Jul 24, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Spaced out. Who made you,an atheist, a spokesperson for what Christians believe.
Another wacko that needs bid a fond a'dieu
You probably used one of your other nicks to ask an imbecilic question which only the same imbecile could answer by changing monikers...
So you could not answer the question, so you called it a trick question, then accused it of being a conspiracy? Is that tin hat comfortable?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134699 Jul 24, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Spaced out. Who made you,an atheist, a spokesperson for what Christians believe.
Another wacko that needs bid a fond a'dieu
You probably used one of your other nicks to ask an imbecilic question which only the same imbecile could answer by changing monikers...
I doubt one single person is responsible for making anyone an atheist. One person make one realize the story may be false, then person looks for the actual truth. This is why I would never claim to have converted anyone.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134700 Jul 24, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion-may have something to do with people having "free will" of personal CHOICES, and stuff.
And as for your second talking point-me thinks that would be according to whom was reading it.
Ok, so you are praying to god he does not lead you temptation. Whether you have free will or not, the god is still leading the person astray.
Is it impossible for you to debate a philosophical question?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134701 Jul 24, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The atheists don't need me to demonize them,they do a very good job of demonizing themselves
You are a heavy contributor to that sordid state of affairs
Good Riddance to bad rubish
If I am doing so well at it, then why do you do it?
Am I going somewhere? It really does not make sense to say "good riddance to someone who is going to be around for a while. Are you wishing I go to hell or something?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134702 Jul 24, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If Heaven and the Lake of Fire are real, the scenario is real and should be of some concern from a theological standpoint, so how is it a trick question? If you go to Heaven and your beloved wife or mother does not, how can your soul rest in peace - unless your immortal soul is a sociopath by living standards? Are you simply reluctant to address an uncomfortable question, so you defer and blame it on those "damnable" atheists? That doesn't seen courageous or ethical - but then, you've never been accused of either.
That must be it, Curious does not actually believe in heaven and hell. This is why he is obsessed with atheism.
Maybe he wants to be a full on atheist, but he is scared of not having all the answers to the universe, or he might be scared he would commit suicide at the thought no god loves him.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134703 Jul 24, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
ASK YOUR GIRLFRIEND , SEE IF SHE KEPT COUNT?
YOUR BRAIN IS TRULY IN A DIFFERENT PLANET URANUS
Statistically she would have to been given the "in god we trust" words in her g string mostly by Christians.
I see you again dodged the claim and went straight for the insults as usual.. I realize it is offensive, but sometimes the reality should be pointed out. I would say Christians have put billions of "in god we trust" into g strings. I wonder if a single Christian ever thought about it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134704 Jul 24, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
lol duckit, We know what a great debater you are,you have been selfproclaiming yourself as a great debater for many moons now
We also know no one can refute your logic, you have so informed us on many occasions
You are what is known as a humble fool,whom at every opportunity,will tell us how great he is.
Usually turns out to be a deadbeat rather than a debater...Myhumble opinion of course.
But let us dabate the following, so you can demonstrate your talents, Question
Do you walk to work or pack a lunch?
Liar. I never once claimed I am a great debater. But at least I try to debate instead of running and constantly resorting to personal insults as you do.
The only time I would claim you cannot refute my logic, is when you do not even try. You know, like when you run and just personally insult instead of trying to debate the topic, just as you are doing now.

Since: Jul 14

Location hidden

#134705 Jul 24, 2014
ky girl wrote:
this would be a good thing.when i went to school we had a lady come once a week, she didnt teach religion, she told bible stories,it was a good break,she told the stories with pictures, also the first thing in the morning, we sang songs said the pledge for about 15 minutes.it set the tone for the day,as a child grows into adult hood,they will adopt their own beliefs,this is a stepping stone. they will believe in something, why not let them start with the goods things, if they dont hear good things when they are small, they wont know they have a choice.as i got older and heard different things,i choose what was to me the best,our children need a good positive in their lives.for some it will be the only time they will hear the name god, jesus, lord.at least they will have a choice.
yes

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134706 Jul 24, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>How could you go to hell, and "WANT" your Loved ones go there too???
People... all people have a CHOICE
The Glory of God will cause us to be peaceful with "Their" choices!
Just as I am now... KNOWING that few of my family, and friends
have made that choice!
So be it... Come quickly Lord!
At least you did try to answer the question. Curious chickened out and resorted to his usual onslaught of personal insults.

I have no idea how the glory of god will make you at peace with your loved ones being tortured for eternity. I guess he can just magically shut down your empathy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#134707 Jul 24, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong as usual chumpy...I don't have any problem what so ever-with Moral atheists.
Just idiot, rather immoral sounding, bigoted ignorant ones, like you.
Can you name what I do that is immoral?
I have a problem with bigoted ignorant Christians. And when I air those problems, you whine and stomp your feet like a child. You clearly have no problem with bigoted ignorant Christians who make broad based claims of the horrors of atheism. But of course that is your normal double standard showing.

I see you do not deny running from the accusation of running and resorting to the personal insults.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#134708 Jul 24, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Just watched a good documentary on Netflix,Imaginary Witness: Hollywood and the Holocaust.
It was interesting to learn that Hollywood was pressured to not make movies that showed the Germans in to harsh a light due to Americas attempt to make Germany a democracy and buy our products.
Naw, the media doesn't manipulate anything...the public is smart enough to see right through it.
Sinkhole in a farmer's field, dog has 21 puppies and football team wins. News at 6 followed by new episode of Honey BooBoo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School buses 4 hr smh 3
Knox Schools 6 hr Truth 11
Recounts what happens next a civil upheaval? 6 hr swampfoot 14
knox county bus garage (Aug '09) 7 hr Kim 40
Grays Pallet Store Drug Dealing ? 8 hr Bad 10
Geesh (Jun '16) 9 hr Babywipes 6
Hail trump 16 hr Wow 13

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance