Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163200 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SNYB

London, KY

#133281 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet I articulate the harms it does to others, and you continuously ignore those claims.
Such as in the case of withholding marriage privileges to homosexuals. Du What even claimed it was dangerous to have sex outside of marriage, yet is in an organization that promotes many not to be able to marry.
Sorry, but I do not buy your claim that belief is harmless. And every time I address this, you run for the hills. So spare me your holier than though bull. Your words are loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and juvenile.
Do you think being a Christian gives someone a right to be loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and juvenile? If not, then why do you constantly attack atheists and leave the Christians alone?
Why are you so loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and juvenile? What gives you the right?
Such unrefined, broad base paintbrush lines of quacky liberal yapping points Duquette.

Should those who prefer same gender marriages for themselves, desire such...there are many places that now address and offer the civil service of such. Of course, such is not with out problems and issues as well...just as any type of thing.

Civil services as should be, because why would any rational persons expect such services from a religious organization that holds different beliefs? Especially if such would be in direct conflict with same beliefs, thus rendering the same as being nothing more than a sham?

Rational people wouldn't, only people that wish to terrorize others WITH their different lifestyle choices, would expect such.

Which would be the same as any one standing outside a civil, secular service, demanding that such not be performed, based upon their beliefs.

The difference between you and I Duquette...is that you attack others, individually and grouped together based upon stereotypes, personally and directly, as if they all were of the same mind.
I take issue with the ignorance of offending behaviors, individually, because I know BETTER.

So, if you're asking me to lump and label any and all those who might refer to themselves as "Christians", or as having some principles in their lives based upon the tenets of...for attacking purposes.... pardon me while I decline a seat on that sinking boat of idiotocracy.

And the same thing as far as "atheists and atheism" goes, I refuse to lump and label those who choose to see things differently, as being "all the same"...especially just for the most ignorant and deplorable reason of just having something to attack, and hate upon.

Count me OUT...of that "loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and MOST juvenile" dance of the thoughtless and demented, please, as it such is not my "cup of tea" as in NO thank you!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#133282 Jul 1, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
I said if figured you'd take your reply to the low level of (the mindless of such) and that Watching the piped in similar types of hollywierd and whineduhm entertainment...requires no brain activity----and it doesN'T.
Reality again, proves how much you TWIST and DISTORT away from Reality...one of things hollywierd and whineduhm type stuff often does best.
And your response is abjectly typical, of that of a yellow journalisTic, no class, gutter snipe!
What I said is that a 12 year old dumbfounding the temple priests was a telling reflection on their mental prowess. You are the one who took that to mean Art Linkletter (Kids Say the Darndest Things) was Hollyweird and whinedom entertainment that requires no brain activity.
I get it. You hate children because you were teased or somehow felt inferior as one and you are insulting and nasty now (with a need to believe you are morer cleverer) because you built up defensive walls. NONE of that is my fault.
SNYB

London, KY

#133283 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Keep arguing with straw men, as I never claimed my opinion is the only opinion.
Now do you think your opinion of speaking out about religion is the only opinion, or the only correct opinion?
Fact is, you would not know a contradiction if your life depended upon it.
Fact IS-I see right through CONs..And thier -tradictions, daily, Duquette.

And the rest of your nonsense, I already addressed, and gave you MY personal opinion only, of.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#133284 Jul 1, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Such unrefined, broad base paintbrush lines of quacky liberal yapping points Duquette.
Should those who prefer same gender marriages for themselves, desire such...there are many places that now address and offer the civil service of such. Of course, such is not with out problems and issues as well...just as any type of thing.
Civil services as should be, because why would any rational persons expect such services from a religious organization that holds different beliefs? Especially if such would be in direct conflict with same beliefs, thus rendering the same as being nothing more than a sham?
Rational people wouldn't, only people that wish to terrorize others WITH their different lifestyle choices, would expect such.
Which would be the same as any one standing outside a civil, secular service, demanding that such not be performed, based upon their beliefs.
The difference between you and I Duquette...is that you attack others, individually and grouped together based upon stereotypes, personally and directly, as if they all were of the same mind.
I take issue with the ignorance of offending behaviors, individually, because I know BETTER.
So, if you're asking me to lump and label any and all those who might refer to themselves as "Christians", or as having some principles in their lives based upon the tenets of...for attacking purposes.... pardon me while I decline a seat on that sinking boat of idiotocracy.
And the same thing as far as "atheists and atheism" goes, I refuse to lump and label those who choose to see things differently, as being "all the same"...especially just for the most ignorant and deplorable reason of just having something to attack, and hate upon.
Count me OUT...of that "loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and MOST juvenile" dance of the thoughtless and demented, please, as it such is not my "cup of tea" as in NO thank you!
And you still wonder why you are deemed a hypocrite...
SNYB

London, KY

#133285 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, if everyone was like this, then everyone would be like SNYB and the world would be.......
looks pretty nice out there today....

DUHmmy.

(being as you want to remain at the juvenile sandbox level.)
SNYB

London, KY

#133286 Jul 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said is that a 12 year old dumbfounding the temple priests was a telling reflection on their mental prowess. You are the one who took that to mean Art Linkletter (Kids Say the Darndest Things) was Hollyweird and whinedom entertainment that requires no brain activity.
I get it. You hate children because you were teased or somehow felt inferior as one and you are insulting and nasty now (with a need to believe you are morer cleverer) because you built up defensive walls. NONE of that is my fault.
Idiot assume what?

(Wrongly!!!!!!! as ever...)

I like kids---kids are great--like little budding plants...when in good environments, are unscathed by the blights that harm them...at the trusting mercies of those who are SUPPOSED to know better, and protect them.
Therefore, I do take offense, at anything that harms them...especially and without a doubt, intentionally.

Are you done with chewing your own bullchit of warped and false accusations and spitting them out onto others now?
SNYB

London, KY

#133287 Jul 1, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
And you still wonder why you are deemed a hypocrite...
NO, I don't.

Because I know BETTER.

Another "Wrong again chew and spew some more ignorance moment" for you-chumpy.

Say, did anyone ever explain to you the meaning of the word "assumed"?

As in..."You assume soooo Wrongly...and then, as if to seal a stamp of ignorance upon your forehead...you spew it, as if if it were some sort of virtue."

I'm certain you can find the word in any decent dictionary, should you so desire to further ponder it's meaning.
SNYB

London, KY

#133289 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am not trying to be disrespectful, but I do realize that calling someone's beliefs a myth, can sound that way. But I find it hard to debate such an issue an not ever offend someone.
Can I ask, when you call people names, do you feel you are being respectful? What gives you the right? I just have a hard time taking such criticisms from a person who is so blatantly disrespectful.
I fully respect the right to believe in a god, unlike Moses who would have the calf worshipers killed and all the Christians here who think likewise.
You see, I think such a belief is harmful, and leads to acts such as 9/11. Have you not heard a word I have said here?
Yes, I have.

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely" doesn't it Duquette.

And so does corruption, as well as a lot of other vile, lacking of any real moral, humane or decent , unethical type behaviors.
SNYB

London, KY

#133290 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>+Very telling you blatantly ignore the main point of the golden calf worshipers being killed for what they happen to believe in.
And ironically you feel it is some sort of prophesy that you may also be killed for what you believe in. And Deuteronomy says you must kill others for what they ask you to believe in.
Now run from all these contradictions as faith demands. Sista thinks it harmless. Guess she knows nothing of 9/11.
Let's not go there, that's just far to ignorant...and wayyyyy out of the realms of any REAL truth. Okay Duquette?
SNYB

London, KY

#133291 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you complain only about the opinion that is not yours.
I fully agree everyone does not have my opinion, yet never once claimed they are doomed to eternal torture for doing so. The Christians here claim otherwise, but of course you give them a pass due to inconsistent standards.
Oh I would quite disagree with those that only wish to manipulate and con others, by using dark age, vile fear tactics...what ever their label, or LACK of label, of choice is.

I find those who resort to such tactics, to be epitomes of Ignorance.

I think we reap what we sow, right here on this earth.
SNYB

London, KY

#133292 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So do you have character or not? Do you have opinions that differ from others? I do not condemn you for airing them, but try not to be so hypocritical about them, as it shows you are likely wrong.
The Thinking world is comprised of So much more..... than just a simpletons realm of "right or wrong" Duquette.

Although sometimes, somethings are quite obviously, just plain WRONG.

Those are the "easy calls".
SNYB

London, KY

#133293 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well if Curious is the voice of truth, then dogs are getting better treatment than many humans, as so many humans suffer being separated from their parents and no god helps them to reunite.
Excellent point Duquette...excellent point.

And no amount of church going, or prayers to whatever, can atone for sins such as those.
SNYB

London, KY

#133294 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So what rights am I disrespecting? It is not as if I am trying to deny their privilege of marriage, as you and other literal readers of the bible are trying to do.
I see you and evangelicals trying to keep privileges from certain groups, thus I contend you are a problem of our society.
You claim you and said literal readers of the bible are harmless, and I disagree.
You wish me to stop speaking out about such problems. Well I feel that is more of problem than you realize.
Stop... you're making a fool of yourself with the little idiotic games of falsehoods, pitchforks and stone throwing.

You nor I, will ever change the opinions of all people. The best we can do is to be examples of what is good and right, rather than hypocritical stone throwers at others of what is Wrong.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#133295 Jul 1, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot assume what?
(Wrongly!!!!!!! as ever...)
I like kids---kids are great--like little budding plants...when in good environments, are unscathed by the blights that harm them...at the trusting mercies of those who are SUPPOSED to know better, and protect them.
Therefore, I do take offense, at anything that harms them...especially and without a doubt, intentionally.
Are you done with chewing your own bullchit of warped and false accusations and spitting them out onto others now?
If you act around kids as you act around here, I'd advise you to remove your bullchit blight from their presence - you do nothing to promote a good environment.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#133296 Jul 1, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
On the contrary , they can identify a contradiction if it has to do with losing 37 percent of their members (members money).
The 1.8 million -member PCUSA voted to allow pastors to perform gay marriages in states where it is legal . Delegates , also approved new language about marriage , altering references "a man and woman" to "two persons " in their Book of Order.
Imagine that..a religion changing its policy to fit , in their words, "a rapidly shifting culture ".
They are not the first. Others include :
Episcopal
Evangelical Lutheran
United Church of Christ
I was reading about Mathew 8:5-13 and Luke 7:1-10. The Christians argue about whether or not Jesus affirmed a gay couple . They are most interested in debating the word "pais"..which some claim was used in ancient Greek to refer to same gender partner .
Now I wonder,how many times has religion conformed or twisted things in fear of losing the interest (money) of " rapidly shifting "cultures ?
Hi :) so sexy, I love reading your post..
Madalyn Murray Ohair

Lexington, KY

#133297 Jul 1, 2014
127,315 comments about the bible being taught in schools? If anyone can prove that the god of the bible is even real over Odin or Zeus then yeah maybe, we should put in into history classes. Have you people even read the bible cover to cover? I have and it's what made me an atheist.
wwwcurious

Winter Garden, FL

#133298 Jul 1, 2014
Madalyn Murray Ohair wrote:
127,315 comments about the bible being taught in schools? If anyone can prove that the god of the bible is even real over Odin or Zeus then yeah maybe, we should put in into history classes. Have you people even read the bible cover to cover? I have and it's what made me an atheist.
LOL You are a lyimg troll . You ain't madelyn. She been dead for many years and I am sure that she and Hitchens are now fully aware of what fools they were while they were on this earth.
Getouttatown and stop changing your moniker..........Ya twit..........
Whatta scrumbum..........

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#133300 Jul 1, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd better teach your son not to adhere to your immoral code, otherwise atheism will bless you with a disatrous family
Abraham and Sarah in an incestuous marriage.

What does the Bible god say about this?

He says that Abraham is righteous - that's what he says.

A sinner is righteous.

Does the Bible god command that they cease their incestuous relationship?

Not at all - in fact he actively encourages them to carry on with their incest.

Clearly, Jehovah is in favour of Abe and Sarah's incest.

So are you and that makes you a hypocrite.

You have no business condemning incest when you actually support it.

Cambridge, UK

#133301 Jul 1, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
Another shietferrbrains immerses himself into a topic for which his faith has left him defenseless
and for which he can only concoct ill conceived excuses........
Get back in yout environment where the cats can put you to good use when nature calls.
My story may sound stupid to an atheist fact of the matter is that in my view atheists are stupid....Thereby your inability to grasp which leads to your inability to explain, which leads to the conclusion that your groudless faith has left you defenseless and hung you out to dry.
Which you need because you are all wet..........
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssss
What a stink is raised when decomposing atheist minds are at work...LOL
Looks like your god valued your dog over and above the three Israeli students that were found killed.

And you people say that the Israelites are his chosen race?

Yeah, right.

Cambridge, UK

#133303 Jul 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is very clear your mind is made up, and you refuse to introspect those beliefs.
You are certain your dog was found by way of a godly miracle, and no other natural reasons could be possible.
He's far too dishonest and cowardly to introspect his beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sav a lot 40 min Judy 13
Who's tractor Sherman Lawson Steal ??? 49 min Aum 22
Missing? 1 hr Missing 1
Cumberland Falls 2 hr Dumbasses 7
Blue Huron Mine Trestle by Q 2 hr Quantummist 1
A Dew moments of Zen by Q 2 hr Quantummist 2
KEA in Knox is not a Goodin 2 hr voters are not dumb 11
I would like to know if any Knox county teacher... 12 hr Huh 59

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web