Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 137853 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#133184 Jun 30, 2014
Objective Onlooker wrote:
Once upon a time there was nothing, and then there was everything. Now here we are on Topix arguing about how it happened.
I wonder if this topic will cause Topix to break. This one topic has received 133,143 replies as of this one, and is 6,359 pages long. How much Jesus can the Topix servers take, I wonder,:P
Can't we all just get along and stop treating ancient fairy tales like they are historical fact? It hasn't gotten us anywhere in 6,359 pages. Some people like the comfort of the myth, and that's fine as long as they don't try to force it on others through legislation. You can worship the moon for all I care, just don't start writing letters to the publicly funded schools demanding your child be allowed to miss class-time so they can go pray to Luna, and don't demand that I alter my lifestyle habits because you don't like them. If we could all follow those rules, I think the world might be OK even with religion in it. The problem is, religious people are under orders to spread the word, or die trying in some philosophies, and they're doing a pretty good job of it out of a conscious effort to fulfill their own prophecies.
If you reply to something I've said here and I don't answer, I'm not ignoring you, but Topix no longer lets me know that this topic has new replies for some reason, so I don't always see them until I go looking for them.
But as you might note, this threads main topic is about believers who are writing letter to get the government to teach their holy book in schools on our dime. May I note, it is at the exclusions of other holy books. Thus a respect for a particular religion is being favored by government.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#133185 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
Between 8;30AM and 9;00 AM a series of events are taking place for which neither I or the lady in question have an explanation.
She decided to look in the paper,a thought that had never occured to her until that Friday, at the same time that I was praying for my dog . She calls my home at exactly 9;00 am , the time that I walked out of church, hoping to have an answer. She called me, out of a number of other ads,none of which she believed fit the description of the dog in question.
Due to the fact I was not home,she did not reach me and decided to call me again later on that day...
She could not explain what caused her to act in a manner that does not conform to normal human behaviour...
So what we have here is, those who experienced these events, are not able to account for them and those who were not participants claim they have the answers...
Expalin to me how this has a natural explanation, not based on your atheist opinion, but cite some actual examples of how this could have occured...
Let chroe try it to....
AND BTW your statement that"We questioned you on this event, and you avoided the debate." is AN OUTRIGHT LIE and know it...Show evidence that I avoided the debate, which you can not provide as YOU ARE LYING.
Moreover , give a natural explanation for the 8;30 to 9;am time frame in both instances.
Explanation as to why the lady in question had not bothered ,for 2 weeks to make any effort to find ownwer and only did so on day and time when I was praying,
Why did she,in spite of not believing that description fit my dog , called me not once but twice...
Don't give me your opinions, show me where there is evidence that these were natural events
Hey, I said that I was glad you got your dog back. Why are you trying to drag me back into your "timely coincidences are the miracles of God's communiques" delusion debate? I thought we were all done with that months and months ago.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133186 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG AGAIN..and ignorant as usual ...obammer jackboot velveteenage poster licker Loser.
And the Golden Rule is a fine one...provided it is practiced with KINDNESS, decency AND humanity.

Unfortunetly, not everyone is capable of applying such to that rule either.

I knew that hypocritical post would come in handy.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#133187 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how often you demonstrate your lack of knowledge regarding what is written in scripture
""Then they will hand you over for persecution, and they will kill you.... and shall kill you; and ye will be hated of all the nations for my name's sake.."
There you have it , your ignorance is again unmasked.. There is no contradiction , it is a figment of your atheist faith
Man you sure changed your tune when challenged.

In a number of your posts you have recently quoted Jesus as saying that if you let him into your life he will lighten your load and give you rest.

Now you're saying that Jesus said you'll be persecuted, hated and killed.

Jesus doesn't need Paul to contradict him when he does so himself.

What's more, you are a liar.

You claim that Jesus said you'll be persecuted and killed if you come to him but you failed to mention this. Instead, you sweep it under the carpet and hope nobody notices while you trot out that nonsense about lightening your load and giving you rest.

Now you claim that Jesus said "Then they will hand you over for persecution, and they will kill you.... and shall kill you; and ye will be hated of all the nations for my name's sake."

Make your mind up.

Nottingham, UK

#133188 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaah
That is hardly my best shot, that merely points out your ineptness.
A better shot is how you have backtracked , threw up smokescreens and concocted ill conceived excuses in order to defend your views on incest between brother and sister, mother and son and grandmother and grandson. You twisted yourself into knots and wrecked your back in uncontrollable contortions.
You claimed such behaviour made your skin crawl, and a lot of other nonsense only to admit that , morally speaking you found no fault in that type of degenerate and perverte behaviour
as long as it was consensual , legal age and protection was used....
Then, you absurdly claim that I don't understand yout point of view . However you were quite unable to explain what it is that I do not understand.
Your beliefs are quite clear and you are trying to concoct an excuse to cover up your immoral beliefs.
I was merely pointing out your hypocricy by using your own words which you are futily trying to disavow.....
That'll be why you failed to refute my recent post here:

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/robinson-cree...

You just bring up the same tired old strawman argument which, unfortunately for you, no one is buying except you.

You also chose the cowards option when I demonstrated that you are in favour of incest when it's at your god's behest.

You were offered the chance to refute me but you chose to run away instead.

Still, I'm an understanding guy so let's give you another chance at this....
Khatru wrote:
Now, tell me why you refuse to comment on the incest approved and encouraged by Jehovah.

Are you vehemently opposed to that as well?

The floor is yours

Be honest and refrain from hypocrisy.

Or be a coward.
wwwcurious

Ocoee, FL

#133189 Jun 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hey you fkn loser, don't be posting your jealous BS lies!!
tell us where and let us see for ourselves, or go play In traffic fool!!
LOL , Like Marvin Gay, I Heard it Through the Grapevine and I'm just about to lose my mind.
Now that I told you where, I need not go play in traffic , that can be detrimental to my health
But thanks for the thought

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#133190 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that most police investigations are carried out by ignoring relevant facts and in their place, inserting misguided and absurd opinions,,,,,,,,,,As you atheists are wont to do..... All due to the fact that your faith leaves you no choice, defenseless and hung out to dry
You think that most police investigations begin with preachers? So far as I'm aware, law investigation and enforcement is secular, not religious. If it were otherwise, the majority of convicted felons wouldn't be Christians, would they? Come to think of it, how many police investigations are officially ruled "miracle?" Before you say it - "Act of God" in law does not literally mean an occurrence is an "act of God."

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133191 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought I'd humor your one brain cell a little...so you could get your holier/smarter than thou cheap thrill(s) for the day on...even though such confuses you.
Let's see...how to simplify down to a level you might comprehend...
Art Linkletter..Bill Cosby..never knew either one personally, so...wouldn't pass any sort of major judgement..except on an "entertainment" ratings scale.
Both were/are pleasant enough to watch..as far as no brain thought required, commercially piped entertainment goes.
But then, I am NOT one that places any amount of priority in anything such as that, as having much of anything "constructive" to offer as far as any sort of REAL world (ie: NON hollywierd and whineDuhm worlduh of make believe)stuff, having found that such often Twists and distorts the same afore mentioned real world...amongst the peabrained and bobbleheaded.
As in..knowing BETTER (than that make believe duhmazz chit.)
Simple enough?
Yet you put out a blanket judgment on Hollywood when Art Linkletter was mentioned? You judged an entire industry. And for some strange reason you justify it by claiming it was not a "major judgment" or personal.
Then on this post, you just how many brain cells the poster has. Seem pretty personal here.
Seems pretty much contradictory to other philosophical ideas you claim to have. Thus making you a hypocrite.'

I wonder who gave you that book to read you mentioned earlier? Have you ever tried to apply the principles it holds, or do you just like to demand others do it?
wwwcurious

Ocoee, FL

#133192 Jun 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Man you sure changed your tune when challenged.
In a number of your posts you have recently quoted Jesus as saying that if you let him into your life he will lighten your load and give you rest.
Now you're saying that Jesus said you'll be persecuted, hated and killed.
Jesus doesn't need Paul to contradict him when he does so himself.
What's more, you are a liar.
You claim that Jesus said you'll be persecuted and killed if you come to him but you failed to mention this. Instead, you sweep it under the carpet and hope nobody notices while you trot out that nonsense about lightening your load and giving you rest.
Now you claim that Jesus said "Then they will hand you over for persecution, and they will kill you.... and shall kill you; and ye will be hated of all the nations for my name's sake."
Make your mind up.
All that I have posted is given a clear explanation in the Gospels. That you aptly demonstrate your inability to comprehend is obvious with each of your postigs. That you can not grasp what is written is due to your atheist faith. You neeed not blame anyone else.
And IHAVE MADEUP MY MIND
My God is alive , My God reins and jesus Christ is my Lord , all that despite the blatherings of atheists..........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133193 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
Print it,frame it and store it in a secure place, Some day it may be classified as a valuable historical document......
However,donot do the same with Pre K's postings on his beliefs on morality, Those will be stored in the National Hall of Shame..........
BTW Pusherman has been arrested for trolling for minors on the internet,
Did you drop a dime on Him? LOL
Gossip is why so many leave the churches these days.
A friend I was talking to just yesterday spoke of why he left his church. He got a divorce and the self righteous judging was over the top.
He does a lot of questioning on religion now.
I probably should say, keep up the good work running people away from religion, but your charge was so out of line.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133194 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that most police investigations are carried out by ignoring relevant facts and in their place, inserting misguided and absurd opinions,,,,,,,,,,As you atheists are wont to do..... All due to the fact that your faith leaves you no choice, defenseless and hung out to dry
Relevant fact, you put an ad out for your lost dog. Relevant fact, someone answered that ad. Absurd opinion, you feel that is a miracle.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133195 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of the lady who found the my dog and whom had seen him briely one time, was having her breakfast and reading the paper,as was her custom. During the 2 week period that she had found out about the lost dog, it had never crossed her mind to attempt to seek it's owner. She believed it was a stray. The add had been in the paper for a full week and it had never occured to her to looki in the lost pet section of the paper.
On that Friday , for reasons she could not explain, she decided to look in the lost pet section. After doing so, she concluded ,based on her brief look at my dog that he didnot fit the description, moreover, when she read the other adds that were posted,she reached the same conclusion, none of the adds fit the description of the dog she had seen briefly.
In spite of not believing that the dog did not fit any od the descriptions, she decided to call Me anyway...
The time that she called my house was 9;00 AM exactly the time that I was leaving the church....I foud that out afterwards when she again called me later that afternoon in an attempt to inform me , thatalthough she did not believe the dog in question was my dog, she felt she had to call me.
So, what do we have here.
You claimed to never have asked why she called. So your investigation ended to quickly to make a judgment based on complete effort to find natural answers. You assume there was no good reason for her to call, yet you cannot know this, as you failed to ask the million dollar question to the relevant person.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#133196 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
Don't give me your opinions, show me where there is evidence that these were natural events
Not a single event listed is anything other than natural.

Woman who recently saw a Found dog checks Lost and Found section of the newspaper? WOWWWWW

Woman finds listing similar to the Found dog and calls the number? WOWWWWWW

The only part of your story that doesn't make any sense is your claim that the post you put in the newspaper *didn't match your dog*. Why would you put up a Lost Dog ad that didn't fit the description of your dog? Answer: you didn't. You made it up to make your story sound mysterious. However, your invention failed: it only makes your story sound stupid.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#133197 Jun 30, 2014
Hey everyone, my pet iguana was lost last week, so I posted an ad in the newspaper for a lost cat.

A blind and deaf man had recently heard an iguana in his truck, and he was reading the newspaper. He saw my ad for a lost cat and decided to call me, for reasons he cannot explainnnnnn.

I was reunited with Iggy the iguana shortly afterwards. Thank you, Allah.

Nottingham, UK

#133198 Jun 30, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The bible is not worried about being contradictory, as we can see here, believers cannot identify contradictions. So the bible simply covers any feelings you may have, and claim god wanted it that way. It is gods plan, so suck it up.
Nicely put and so very true.

The Bible is riddled with contradictions. Page after page is strewn with contradiction.
wwwcurious

Ocoee, FL

#133199 Jun 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That'll be why you failed to refute my recent post here:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/robinson-cree...
You just bring up the same tired old strawman argument which, unfortunately for you, no one is buying except you.
You also chose the cowards option when I demonstrated that you are in favour of incest when it's at your god's behest.
You were offered the chance to refute me but you chose to run away instead.
Still, I'm an understanding guy so let's give you another chance at this....
<quoted text>
Hey , coffee drinker , your postings were addressed way back when ,look them up
Just because you could not refute them and did not like my answers does not mean they were addressed your so called claim that incest is at God's behest. You misinterpreted Abraham's having been married to his half sister and claimed it was ordained by Go...Gibberish and nonsense,as you well know...
Now , go have a cup of coffee while your so called Englishmen compatriots feast on Tea and crumpets Tell them your views on incest,and pray and hope they don't tar and frather you for your immoral beliefs,from which you are futily trying to backtrack....

Nottingham, UK

#133200 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
All that I have posted is given a clear explanation in the Gospels. That you aptly demonstrate your inability to comprehend is obvious with each of your postigs. That you can not grasp what is written is due to your atheist faith. You neeed not blame anyone else..
You claimed that Jesus lightens your load and brings rest.

I quoted a scripture from Paul that contradicted what you said.

Then you quote a scripture from Jesus that supports the scripture I posted and further contradicts your original post.

Man, you're in a real mess of contradiction.
wwwcurious wrote:
And IHAVE MADEUP MY MIND.
You haven't made up your mind. Like a good little sheepie, your mind has already been made up for you. Saves you the trouble of honest scepticism and enquiry.
wwwcurious wrote:
My God is alive , My God reins and jesus Christ is my Lord , all that despite the blatherings of atheists..........
Reins? They'll be the ones he keeps you in check with.

If Jesus Christ is your lord where does that leave God?

Nottingham, UK

#133201 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , coffee drinker , your postings were addressed way back when ,look them up
Just because you could not refute them and did not like my answers does not mean they were addressed your so called claim that incest is at God's behest. You misinterpreted Abraham's having been married to his half sister and claimed it was ordained by Go...Gibberish and nonsense,as you well know...
Now , go have a cup of coffee while your so called Englishmen compatriots feast on Tea and crumpets Tell them your views on incest,and pray and hope they don't tar and frather you for your immoral beliefs,from which you are futily trying to backtrack....
Oh, a partial answer!

Are you coming out of your shell?

Abraham and Sarah had an incestuous marriage yet he was considered righteous.

What's this? Someone who commits incest is righteous?

Not only was Abe deemed to be righteous but your god encouraged Abraham and Sarah to continue having incestuous sex

" I will bless her, and I will give you a son by her."

Genesis 17:16

Instead of commanding Abe and Sarah to stop sinning, your god motivated them to carry on with their incestuous sex.

Now, given your self-professed hatred of all incest, let's see you condemn this incest that was sanctioned by Jehovah.

The floor is still yours......
wwwcurious

Ocoee, FL

#133202 Jun 30, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claimed to never have asked why she called. So your investigation ended to quickly to make a judgment based on complete effort to find natural answers. You assume there was no good reason for her to call, yet you cannot know this, as you failed to ask the million dollar question to the relevant person.
Just as I thought
Much nonsense which avoids dealing with the questions involved Take your nonsencical excuses to someone who cares That someone is not me......
wwwcurious

Ocoee, FL

#133203 Jun 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, a partial answer!
Are you coming out of your shell?
Abraham and Sarah had an incestuous marriage yet he was considered righteous.
What's this? Someone who commits incest is righteous?
Not only was Abe deemed to be righteous but your god encouraged Abraham and Sarah to continue having incestuous sex
" I will bless her, and I will give you a son by her."
Genesis 17:16
Instead of commanding Abe and Sarah to stop sinning, your god motivated them to carry on with their incestuous sex.
Now, given your self-professed hatred of all incest, let's see you condemn this incest that was sanctioned by Jehovah.
The floor is still yours......
Yup,we went over that and you still do not understand,,,
You got that right , the floor is all mine and I'm mopping it up with you.
Duket, I am sure , will come to your defense with more of his atheist nonsense...
LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy Brock 30 min Say what 13
Thompson park splash pad OPEN !!! 2 hr sam 9
Anna Gail Collins 2 hr Humm 4
Go fund me scams 3 hr Been There 9
computers 4 hr ttwarewolf 8
Charles Arthur Wombles II (Mar '14) 5 hr true 26
any bi-guy in barbourville (May '12) 5 hr gagme 52
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE