Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149709 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SNYB

London, KY

#133249 Jun 30, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk, tsk. Your tantrums are blase, child.
You referred to Art Linkletter as "low level Hollywierd and whineduhm", so you directly passed judgement on one you admit you do not know then proceed to condemn the bodies of his and Cosby's works as "no brain thought required, commercially piped entertainment." Reality again proves you wrong.
Your post had nothing to do with humor or provoking thought. It was - as the above is also, purely your typical insipid spiteful and malicious gibberish with no relevance to much of anything.
I said if figured you'd take your reply to the low level of (the mindless of such) and that Watching the piped in similar types of hollywierd and whineduhm entertainment...requires no brain activity----and it doesN'T.
Reality again, proves how much you TWIST and DISTORT away from Reality...one of things hollywierd and whineduhm type stuff often does best.

And your response is abjectly typical, of that of a yellow journalisTic, no class, gutter snipe!

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#133250 Jun 30, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I ain't biting.
He knows that was BS! Just shows how mature he is, I have never posted to the guy.
I come here to say hi to justice and flirt with her a little, not to get into any drama with him..
Peace..
Well we knew it was surely more of the lies of Curious the Christian, trying to be holier than thou and diverting from the topic as always. He really tries hard to break the ten commandments at every chance he has. He is bound and determined to prove the bible true by going straight to hell.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133251 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
Duclet, you have provided o evidence as to how these events may have happened naturally
As I have told you time and again, your faith has placed you in a position where you are unable to defend your claims and left you hanging out to dry.
You lied when you said that I had refused to debate, You had no choice but to make that intentionally deceitful claim. Your faith dictates that you have to lie in order to defend your groundless faith..........
If your faith forces you to lie in order to defend it, that faith is not worth defending
Do you think this is a debate of what I said? If so, then I understand why you feel you debated the topic.
SNYB

London, KY

#133252 Jun 30, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You seem to hate it when atheists express disagreement with Christians, and you express that with nastiness at a high level. Your silence is deafening when the Christians express their disagreements.
Yes, I express disagreements. Now what does that contradict? How is that a double standard? Do you even know what a double standard is? You showed a few here.
You claimed you are not nasty? What a joke, as you post more nasty posts than any other poster here. Why are believers so self righteous?
I think it is good to give advice. Some of it may be unsolicited, but I think that is ok in some circumstances. If you disagree, that is understandable, as humans do not all think alike, as you said. But for some reason you feel your position is the only one that is sane. Again another double standard.
You see, I actually point out the double standard, you simply make the charge and throw stones.
I think you need to read that book again, as it did not take to well.
Expressing disagreements is one thing-disrespecting others beliefs when they are not hurting any one with them, is a whole other issue.

Why do you feel yourself so worthy, as to fault Christians for having beliefs of their own, that differ from yours, providing they are not harming anyone else --in any way?

I *personally Think* atheism does NOT give anyone any sort of "right" to treat others disrespectfully, no matter what you might think. In fact, I personally find that type of bad behavior-loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and juvenile....ot of anyone...UNlike yourself.
And there's YOUR double standard, Duquette. I make no exception, where as YOU seem to.

I think you just need to worry about reading that book yourself, because you seemed to miss some really major parts of it.

NO double standard exceptions...as in applies to ALL... not just some (and especially not to those who just narcisissitically deem themselves above Respecting the RIGHTS of Others, Not just themselves.)

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133253 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
I said if figured you'd take your reply to the low level of (the mindless of such) and that Watching the piped in similar types of hollywierd and whineduhm entertainment...requires no brain activity----and it doesN'T.
Reality again, proves how much you TWIST and DISTORT away from Reality...one of things hollywierd and whineduhm type stuff often does best.
And your response is abjectly typical, of that of a yellow journalisTic, no class, gutter snipe!
So you added an "if" to weasel your way out? Pretty slick. Such class you display.

While much of what comes out of Hollywood does not demand much thought, if one does apply thought, much can be learned of what it produces. Much of it makes one question the status quo of religion. Probably why believers demean it so much. They hate thought.
SNYB

London, KY

#133254 Jun 30, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, different opinions can sound offensive sometimes. We are not robots, and thus have different opinions. I know you hate it when people express opinions when it offends the sensitive. Good think all humans do not think as you, as it would lead to a very small exchange of information. It would lead to much ignorance.
Good thing not everyone is a loud mouth twit that think their opinion is the only opinion either...because that type of Ignorance IS the cause of much Ignorance...and if everyone were like that...the world would be in constant headache and misery.

Which there's already plenty enough of as is, in this old world...because that type of stuff takes absolutely NO character what so ever...because EVERYone has an opinion-not just some.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133255 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Expressing disagreements is one thing-disrespecting others beliefs when they are not hurting any one with them, is a whole other issue.
Why do you feel yourself so worthy, as to fault Christians for having beliefs of their own, that differ from yours, providing they are not harming anyone else --in any way?
I *personally Think* atheism does NOT give anyone any sort of "right" to treat others disrespectfully, no matter what you might think. In fact, I personally find that type of bad behavior-loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and juvenile....ot of anyone...UNlike yourself.
And there's YOUR double standard, Duquette. I make no exception, where as YOU seem to.
I think you just need to worry about reading that book yourself, because you seemed to miss some really major parts of it.
NO double standard exceptions...as in applies to ALL... not just some (and especially not to those who just narcisissitically deem themselves above Respecting the RIGHTS of Others, Not just themselves.)
Yet I articulate the harms it does to others, and you continuously ignore those claims.
Such as in the case of withholding marriage privileges to homosexuals. Du What even claimed it was dangerous to have sex outside of marriage, yet is in an organization that promotes many not to be able to marry.
Sorry, but I do not buy your claim that belief is harmless. And every time I address this, you run for the hills. So spare me your holier than though bull. Your words are loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and juvenile.
Do you think being a Christian gives someone a right to be loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and juvenile? If not, then why do you constantly attack atheists and leave the Christians alone?
Why are you so loathesome--ignorant, crude, rude and juvenile? What gives you the right?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133256 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing not everyone is a loud mouth twit that think their opinion is the only opinion either...because that type of Ignorance IS the cause of much Ignorance...and if everyone were like that...the world would be in constant headache and misery.
Which there's already plenty enough of as is, in this old world...because that type of stuff takes absolutely NO character what so ever...because EVERYone has an opinion-not just some.
Keep arguing with straw men, as I never claimed my opinion is the only opinion.
Now do you think your opinion of speaking out about religion is the only opinion, or the only correct opinion?
Fact is, you would not know a contradiction if your life depended upon it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133257 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if everyone was like this, then everyone would be like SNYB and the world would be.......

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133258 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you feel yourself so worthy, as to fault ATHEISTS for having beliefs of their own, that differ from yours, providing they are not harming anyone else --in any way?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133259 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not trying to be disrespectful, but I do realize that calling someone's beliefs a myth, can sound that way. But I find it hard to debate such an issue an not ever offend someone.

Can I ask, when you call people names, do you feel you are being respectful? What gives you the right? I just have a hard time taking such criticisms from a person who is so blatantly disrespectful.

I fully respect the right to believe in a god, unlike Moses who would have the calf worshipers killed and all the Christians here who think likewise.

You see, I think such a belief is harmful, and leads to acts such as 9/11. Have you not heard a word I have said here?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133260 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
No knucklehead , I am not giving my opinion , I have presented the facts as they occured , which atheists have claimed that they could give a natural explanation..........
Instead , they have produced gibberish ,nonsense and avoided addressing the facts that I have posted from the begining.
Your atheist faith has failed you again, it has left you defenseless and hung out to dry with the need to lie in order to attempt to defend yourself.........
The fruits of atheism..........a barrel full of rotten apples
No knucklehead

really?
Prove it?
, I am not giving my opinion
Really? Prove it?
, I have presented the facts as they occurred
Really" Prove it"
, which atheists have claimed that they could give a natural explanation.....
Really? Prove it?
Instead , they have produced gibberish ,nonsense and avoided addressing the facts that I have posted from the begining.
Really? Prove it?
Your atheist faith has failed you again
Really? Prove it?
, it has left you defenseless and hung out to dry with the need to lie in order to attempt to defend yourself.....
Really? Prove it?
Really? Prove it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133261 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if they did. You need address that question to the " wanted Poster of Moses" that you mutter at every night..........&#*#@
+Very telling you blatantly ignore the main point of the golden calf worshipers being killed for what they happen to believe in.
And ironically you feel it is some sort of prophesy that you may also be killed for what you believe in. And Deuteronomy says you must kill others for what they ask you to believe in.

Now run from all these contradictions as faith demands. Sista thinks it harmless. Guess she knows nothing of 9/11.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133262 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
No knucklehead , I am not giving my opinion , I have presented the facts as they occured , which atheists have claimed that they could give a natural explanation..........
Your atheist faith has failed you again, it has left you defenseless and hung out to dry with the need to lie in order to attempt to defend yourself.........
Just what facts are we avoiding? How am I to know you are giving any facts? You presented zero evidence. Not even a simple newspaper ad or picture of said dog. How am I to know your claim of an ad you wrote does not describe said dog? How am I to know the woman had no thoughts of taking a chance at calling the wrong ad?
Do you know what a fact means?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133263 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you also put an ad in the paper for your lost brain ..........
Anyone ever tell you that lying is a sin?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133264 Jun 30, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What it seems to me we have here is a women who felt she had no other avenue to find the owner of the lost dog other than call someone who posted an ad for a lost dog. Ok, so your description of your dog was written so poorly that it did not seem to match. So what? She was out of options and took a chance. Her conscious was likely feeling the helplessness and she rolled the dice on your ad. Maybe it did actually sound somewhat like your dog, as I would hope you could describe your own dog. It probably matched the closest compared to the other ads.
You evidently feel it absolutely must be an act of god, not chance or the idea that your ad did actually describe what your dog looked like.
I asked what your ad said, and you refused to answer. I would think if you really thought it was an act of god, that ad would be framed and hung on your wall.
I would think you would be friends with this woman now, as she was a part of a miracle you observed.
But as with claimed miracles, no evidence is around for anyone to see. It is but a claim of your childhood memories. As if children are so great at discerning the evidence. Maybe we should make kids detectives.
I see you still have yet to refute my logic.
It is very likely she took a chance at answering your ad due to lack of results of doing nothing. Seeing as how she habitually looks at ads in the paper, it is reasonable to assume she one day may answer one.
You have not yet once disputed what is a reasonable assumption here.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133265 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
A friend of the lady who found the my dog and whom had seen him briely one time, was having her breakfast and reading the paper,as was her custom. During the 2 week period that she had found out about the lost dog, it had never crossed her mind to attempt to seek it's owner. She believed it was a stray. The add had been in the paper for a full week and it had never occured to her to looki in the lost pet section of the paper.
On that Friday , for reasons she could not explain, she decided to look in the lost pet section. After doing so, she concluded ,based on her brief look at my dog that he didnot fit the description, moreover, when she read the other adds that were posted,she reached the same conclusion, none of the adds fit the description of the dog she had seen briefly.
In spite of not believing that the dog did not fit any od the descriptions, she decided to call Me anyway...
The time that she called my house was 9;00 AM exactly the time that I was leaving the church....I foud that out afterwards when she again called me later that afternoon in an attempt to inform me , thatalthough she did not believe the dog in question was my dog, she felt she had to call me.
So, what do we have here.
Ad as you write it as *add* is wrong English, as is *od* should be *odd*. I know you have a lot of trouble with English words, so I understand your confusion.
Just please understand you have no comprehensive understanding of English, and we can move on from your claims that atheism is a faith.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133266 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
because EVERYone has an opinion-not just some.
Yet you complain only about the opinion that is not yours.

I fully agree everyone does not have my opinion, yet never once claimed they are doomed to eternal torture for doing so. The Christians here claim otherwise, but of course you give them a pass due to inconsistent standards.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#133267 Jun 30, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
Between 8;30AM and 9;00 AM a series of events are taking place for which neither I or the lady in question have an explanation.
She decided to look in the paper,a thought that had never occured to her until that Friday, at the same time that I was praying for my dog . She calls my home at exactly 9;00 am , the time that I walked out of church, hoping to have an answer. She called me, out of a number of other ads,none of which she believed fit the description of the dog in question.
Due to the fact I was not home,she did not reach me and decided to call me again later on that day...
She could not explain what caused her to act in a manner that does not conform to normal human behaviour...
So what we have here is, those who experienced these events, are not able to account for them and those who were not participants claim they have the answers...
Expalin to me how this has a natural explanation, not based on your atheist opinion, but cite some actual examples of how this could have occured...
Let chroe try it to....
AND BTW your statement that"We questioned you on this event, and you avoided the debate." is AN OUTRIGHT LIE and know it...Show evidence that I avoided the debate, which you can not provide as YOU ARE LYING.
Moreover , give a natural explanation for the 8;30 to 9;am time frame in both instances.
Explanation as to why the lady in question had not bothered ,for 2 weeks to make any effort to find ownwer and only did so on day and time when I was praying,
Why did she,in spite of not believing that description fit my dog , called me not once but twice...
Don't give me your opinions, show me where there is evidence that these were natural events
Well who was answering the dogs prayers ? It ran away, changed its appearance , and sat quietly for a few weeks in hopes of not returning .

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#133268 Jun 30, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you have character or not? Do you have opinions that differ from others? I do not condemn you for airing them, but try not to be so hypocritical about them, as it shows you are likely wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Local Deputy and Constable Named HEROs 1 hr Fear 50
electronic harassment 2 hr Quantummist 19
Care giver 3 hr NeedHelp 7
Please support our local police 6 hr Bill McConnell 51
I don't know what it is......................... 9 hr The Specialist 1
Wreck!! 11 hr Cant-fix-stupid 9
outlaws 15 hr xxx 10
Knox County Grand Jury Indictments list July 2016 Mon jerry roark 5

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web