Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143163 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#132923 Jun 25, 2014
politics forsale wrote:
Only if they give Darwinism and its followers equal time trying to figure out which came first the chicken or the egg.
Apparently the snake laid an egg and a chicken popped out, wait no that isn't right!
Ah FK IT! will that question ever be answered?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#132924 Jun 25, 2014
where is my sweet justice?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#132925 Jun 25, 2014
politics forsale wrote:
Only if they give Darwinism and its followers equal time trying to figure out which came first the chicken or the egg.
Egg...

Manchester, KY

#132926 Jun 25, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And just how does Satan trick a person? Does he use magic?
Theatrical Makeup....

Manchester, KY

#132927 Jun 25, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Apparently the snake laid an egg and a chicken popped out, wait no that isn't right!
Ah FK IT! will that question ever be answered?
You really don't have to go back that far.... Chickens were bred into existence by Humans... Before they were called Chickens they were wild game birds... Humans caught them and selective bred them to the point they Named them Chickens... Eggs have been found long before the Chicken existed...
do tell

Campbellsville, KY

#132928 Jun 25, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"appear more righteous"?
No... I am a Wretched Sinner, a Perverted Homo
Saved by Grace, and Justified by the Blood of Jesus Christ!
KNOWING Right from Wrong... we speak out!
Killing babies in their Mother's womb for fornication
is Sin upon Sin...
But EVEN these Mothers, fathers, doctors, and nurses
who allow this can be forgiven, and most Mothers REPENT
their actions when they wake up from the Liberal fog.
No... their actions will not keep me out of Heaven, but
Not speaking out about it..... might make me like it less!
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You sound like you've killed your baby...
Satan tricks many people into thinking Wrong is Right, and
Right is Wrong.... You know in your heart what is True!
You can be forgiven!
Repent, turn from your sins, and TURN towards God!
You WII be glad you did!
You are a sinner but people that sin differently are worse. Hypocrite. I automatically am an aborter of babies because I dont agree with you? I "sound" like I've killed a baby?....just another example of how backwards your righteous assumptions are. I've never had to abort a child. Other than what the bcp kicks out every month.
Everyone can be forgiven. Just not by you.

Luke 18:9-14

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous,and treated others with contempt:“Two men went up into the temple to pray,one a Pharisee and the other a taxcollector. The Pharisee,
standing by himself,prayed thus:‘God,I thank you that I am not like other men,extortioners,unjust,adulte rers,or even like this taxcollector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.’ But the taxcollector,standing far off,would not even lift up his eyes to heaven,but beat his breast,saying,‘God,be merciful to me,a sinner!’

Romans 14:1
As for the one who is weak in faith,welcome him,(((((but not to quarrel over opinions.))))

1 John 4:19
We love because he first loved us. If anyone says,“I love God,” and hates his brother,he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#132929 Jun 25, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Those babies were the same ones that their parents would burn alive as a sacrifice to their god moloch,with which you ,in your hypocricy,have no problem . You , in your hypocricy condone abortions.
Those babies,when grown ,would continue the practices of their parents,assuming they weren't burned alive first.
The cancer had to be removed in it's entirety for the wellbeing of the entire congregation, in spite of yoiur hypocritical and inane rantings........
Listen to yourself.

You are actually defending the slaughter of babies.

You know your defence is fragile, so in desperation, you invent a strawman argument and accuse me of being in favour of abortion.

Nottingham, UK

#132930 Jun 25, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,of course you are a hypocrite. You claim you would have a problem with incest and it makes your skin crawl, however, you see nothing immoral in that type of behaviour. You are talking out of both sides of your mouth,you condem and condone all in one breath.
In effect , your son could have an incestuous relationship with your daughter , your wife and your mother and morally speaking , you'd have no problems with as far as morally speaking.
But ,your skin would crawl.... Why?
The fruits of atheism, where each individual can decide for himself , depending on his peraonal needs,what is morally justifiable and what isn't.
Ns d your last lie , My God did not encourage incest as you well know,but insist on denying
No need to explain it again,as I've already done so.....
Your lies will find you out and they have
I'll accept responsibility for what I have said - not what you think I have said.

Nottingham, UK

#132931 Jun 25, 2014
curious wrote:
Science has no answers either
You are also without an answer

"Goddidit" is not an answer.

It's a shrug of your shoulders.

It's an "I dunno" dressed up in magic and superstitious mumbo jumbo.

Nottingham, UK

#132932 Jun 25, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your lame excuse for justifying your beliefs" small window" would permit your son to have an incestuous relationship with his sister" your daughter , with his mother" your wife and with his grandmother" your mother.. That is not a mall widow ,that is a window of canyonesque proportions and that is the argument that you want to avoid....
Stop trying to justify yourself by claming that I took your argument as cart blanche.
Your lies will find you out
There you go with your strawman argument again: making out I approve of the actions you've stated above.

You accuse people of being hypocritical but when it comes to being two-faced, you take the biscuit.

Your false anger and outrage about incest doesn't fool anyone.

We all know you are fully supportive of incestual relationships with your half sister.
wwwcurious

Ocoee, FL

#132933 Jun 25, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is very likely the story was created decades after Jesus' death. So all the claimed witnesses would be hard to find, if not dead. I have little doubt the movement grew only by those who made these fantastic claims much latter. The historians back this up by showing nothing appears to be written of the resurrection until decades after the supposed event.
Seems it is not much different than Joseph Smith claiming he found a book. It is all claims and no evidence. It is all faith based.
Like I've said before, Your faith has left you defenseless and scrambling aroud for ill conceived excuses, not only you ,also Box and the other atheists.
You start of by claiming that" it is very likely that the story was created" you provide no evidence to support your statement...It is BS
Then you follow that up with more nonsense as you state" I have little doubt the movement grew only by those who made these fantastic claims much latter" Another baseless opinion,unsupported by any facts
The evidence all poits otherwise,your atheist faith will not permiyr you to look at the facts objectively, so off you go,concocting up lame excuses in order to justify your baseless faith
You have provided no evidence ,you have provided much nonsense as usual.
And don't deviate ,Joseph Smith is not part of this conversation.

Nottingham, UK

#132934 Jun 25, 2014
sacagawea wrote:
Morality based on personal degenerate desires was not acceptable to a congregation whose duty was to be an example of righteous living.....
Yes, we all know what your god considers *righteous behaviour*

Being prepared to kill your child on command ranks pretty high in the annals of Jehovah's righteousness.

Nottingham, UK

#132935 Jun 25, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
All Glory belongs to the Lord, as
man was stupid enough to elect Obama twice!
You all have a Great day :-)
Obama was appointed by your god.

Nottingham, UK

#132936 Jun 25, 2014
pitbullie wrote:
Its pretty obvious that Christianity has "borrowed" from other religions. Its pretty ironic that in the KJ Bible Jesus complains about people misquoting him. IMHO, its almost completely misquotes. Made up as it were
There was a historical Jesus, according to the Romans, A Zealot who was Crucified for wanting to over throw the Roman govt.
All this gentle Jesus meek and mild was made up later so the government would be more tolerant of the new religion.
Many early Christians, like the Cathars, actually believed Jesus was a Man and no more. They were exterminated for their "heresy". So much for all that "love"
Nicely put.

Christianity is Judaism spiced with paganism.

Nottingham, UK

#132937 Jun 25, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is that a quote from Hitler?
It certainly sounds like it.
wwwcurious

Ocoee, FL

#132938 Jun 25, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is large motive to fabricate such a story. The idea is to fight the powers that be with a new deity. Also the OT predictions needed to be filled. And if your Jesus died, the predictions would not be met. So a lie had to be created. If not for the lie, the movement would have ended quickly.
It is as if you have put zero thought into this.
There are many plausible explanations for claims like this. Just as there are plausible explanations for lost dogs to be found with news paper ads. Non need require the supernatural.
Claims of eyewitnesses that you cannot produce mean nothing. That is why our courts demand they show up to testify for it to be admissible.
You simply show why you are so easily swayed by claims like this. It is called being gullible.
Again , your faith has hung you out todry and defenseless, another ill conceived excuse for which you provide no evidence.... Present evidence, not your atheist opinion...
Stop muttering at the Moses wanted poster you have next to your computer..
Each time you post something you sound more incoherent
The fruits of atheism
Parent

London, KY

#132939 Jun 25, 2014
I have 2 children that will attend perry central this year and i want prayer in class. AMEN.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#132940 Jun 25, 2014
wwwcurious wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I've said before, Your faith has left you defenseless and scrambling aroud for ill conceived excuses, not only you ,also Box and the other atheists.
What excuses? We take a rational position. You're the one appealing to magic.
wwwcurious wrote:
You start of by claiming that" it is very likely that the story was created" you provide no evidence to support your statement...It is BS
We need evidence to support the position that religious people make things up? How about Luke making up a Roman census that never happened? How about Matthew making up an earthquake and town full of zombies that never happened? How about large portions of the OT like Exodus which we know never happened?
wwwcurious wrote:
The evidence all poits otherwise
No evidence points otherwise. You have nothing.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#132941 Jun 25, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you are,begging for time and having the baseless faith and hope that Science may someday be able to create life, which atheist scientists claim needs no creator.
What terrifying truth are you referring to that are supposed to frighten me?
Present it,if you can, otherwise don't attempt to fill your gaps with nonsense.
Moreover , atheist scientissts are attempting to create life from ingredients that already exist, God created all the ingredients necessary for the creation of life.
So you see,I have noreason to fear and you have all the reason for not wanting to give your plausible explanation that I have been asking you and the other atheists to provide and are both unable and enwilling to do so.
Your faith has placed you in the untenable position of defending the undefensible and you all are running away from having to explain the impossible.
But carry on in your futile headlong effort to avoid the issue as I will not let it rest.
You believe in nothing and can only provide evasive fill the gaps arguments that do nothing to justify your beliefs
The fruits of atheism
BTW Do not attempt to create another moniker in order to deviate from the topic...
I am wise to that atheist MO
I don't get it. You base your theory on an old book that has many contradictions. You would be fine with something outdated to give you answers to life's biggest questions. These people would add, mistranslate, and out right lie to control the people of yesteryear. Science is based on years of research and very detailed studies of today . A weak mind lets others do all the answering for them.You are afraid of what the truth is. The truth is not in the Bible . I can give you several contracting scriptures in Genisis alone about creation. These people only wrote for their own gain. You back up liars . Losing team your backing up there curious . By the way I told you about the Step Theory for a reason and I think that has a lot do with origins of our universe. You need to look it up...stop ignoring the answers you don't like.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#132942 Jun 25, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
YAA is a christian poster like yourself. The bible says god is evil and good, he gives and takes away. God has the offspring of adam and eve to suffer because of their disobedience. Then he commits fratricide drowning innocents ones in the flood. I could go on and on how god says he is evil.
Today Christians will say "America must turn back to God" or God will bring hurricanes, tornadoes and flooding killing many people to punish us for being a unchristian nation. God will allow our enemies to conquer america destroy it. Read bad not as bad as the flood. God has gotten weak, I think.
NTCC, That the "New Testament Christian Church." I think 7 tee said he belongs to that, not sure, the stories change day to day. Some of the websites claim they are some type of controlling cult.
What the legal name of the church you go to. They all have a name of the organization on their tax exemption form. Tell me and I might dig up some dirt on them on another thread.
Well, if that is the definition of YAA, I definitely am not a YAA.

There are so many areas covered in your comment but mixed into one. It is sad to see that your impression of God has been grossly misconstrued.

My church family is Calvary Worship Center. We all make mistakes...but God's love still remain

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sixty minutes asking questions about Knox court... 3 min Kit 18
I hate almost Everyone. 52 min rightbackatche 2
Woman ran-over in Mcdonald's parking lot. 56 min Happy Meal 13
Hubbards 1 hr Unknown 4
Who is a woman thats up for a good time? 3 hr assman 21
Sarah tye (Mar '15) 4 hr From barbourville 26
Harvey Cain 4 hr from barbourville 7
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 6 hr lost my faith 20
Shooting at Walmart??? 12 hr sunshine 54
More from around the web