Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 172896 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132818 Jun 22, 2014
That was curious ,sacagawea was meant for the self proclaimed native American Justice... Who also lays claim to many other monikers.
Native American and does not know how to send a smoke signal that is grammatically correct without misspelling some of the words.
Whatta twit..........
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132819 Jun 22, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words..you can't answer me? Huh? That's what I thought. lol
Foolishness does not require an answer...You are about as useful as a braless breechcloth that has been attacked by moths..........
And don't forget ,brilliant Einstein's lights are out and he now knows how wrong he was.
Now go , gather your other monikers and go play in traffic.........
Good riddance to bad rubish..........LOL
Can you imagine that , An indian who sends out smoke signals when it is raining....
Cochise would have banned you from his camp and you would have had to join Geronimo
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#132820 Jun 22, 2014
sacagawea wrote:
<quoted text>
As yoiu know,I was alluding to atheists and we know more about you than we care to know.
Some things are better off not known.. For example, your belief that under your small window,as you call it , you find it acceptable for your son and daughter to have an incestuous relationship , your son and his mother to have an incestual relationship and your son and your mother tohave an incestual relationship...
In Moses day ,those who held those beliefs and those who practiced them would have been put to death as that kind of behaviour would not be permitted to contaminate the congregation.
Those who worked on a Friday night would have been put to death.
(Exodus 35:2)
sacagawea wrote:
Of course that is why you and "DUKERT" rail so much against Moses and God.
As you ststed" If that's what lights your candle , do it.
Moses would have seen to it that your candle would not be lit.
Morality based on personal degenerate desires was not acceptable to a congregation whose duty was to be an example of righteous living.....
An act can only be immoral if there is a non consenting party.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#132821 Jun 22, 2014
The buy-bull should only be studied in public schools as fiction.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#132822 Jun 22, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Foolishness does not require an answer...You are about as useful as a braless breechcloth that has been attacked by moths..........
And don't forget ,brilliant Einstein's lights are out and he now knows how wrong he was.
Can you imagine that , An indian who sends out smoke signals when it is raining....
Cochise would have banned you from his camp and you would have had to join Geronimo
You lost your point. Still haven't answered any question . I do find you sad, and what's with all the diversion ? It's just a simple analogy . Jesus never wrote anything ...everything was interpretation from many years of translations and editing . I think I hit a nerve with you when I quoted Einstein . You have a strange way of defending your thoughts . You repeat yourself over and over and add meaningless insults that show how vulnerable your mind is. Concentrate ..find some sort of integrity with your answers .
SNYB

Manchester, KY

#132823 Jun 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You, nor any of the rest of us, have a clue what Einstien knew, or didn't know, as far as that goes. We can only read of his quotes, like any other, and hypothesis.
----------

Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.

Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it.

Example isn't another way to teach, it is the only way to teach.

Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.

Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.

When the solution is simple, God is answering

Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully, have been Kindness, Beauty, and Truth ... The trite subjects of human efforts - possessions, outward success, luxury - have always seemed to me contemptible

We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.

Albert Einstein quotes

He certainly must've been an interesting person however, and there's nothing "wrong" about that.
SNYB

Manchester, KY

#132824 Jun 23, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"An act can only be immoral if there is a non consenting party"...

Why it is abjectly ignorant, woefully insane and just down right morally WRONG for any consentee to cast ANY kind of stone at another, in "parties of consent".

Or..

The best thing hypocrites can learn, is some self restraint.
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#132825 Jun 23, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it a funny thing?
I don't believe in the Bible God.. It doesn't define the true meaning of the Great Spirit .
What must I do for your great spirit to enter paradise?
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#132826 Jun 23, 2014
Proverbs
9:9 Give [instruction] to a wise [man], and he will be yet
wiser: teach a just [man], and he will increase in learning.
9:10 The fear of the LORD [is] the beginning of wisdom: and the
knowledge of the holy [is] understanding.

Liberals are not wise...
They still see no wrong in Obama!
They do not understand his evil!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#132827 Jun 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Those babies were the same ones that their parents would burn alive as a sacrifice to their god moloch,with which you ,in your hypocricy,have no problem . You , in your hypocricy condone abortions.
Those babies,when grown ,would continue the practices of their parents,assuming they weren't burned alive first.
The cancer had to be removed in it's entirety for the wellbeing of the entire congregation, in spite of yoiur hypocritical and inane rantings........
Also....
Like the legion, demons can go from person to person, and persons to animals!
That is why everything was to be killed!
And... Thanks be to God, that the innocent went to Heaven!
Amen :-)
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#132828 Jun 23, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My God only ashares with his son and my Lord Jesus Christ.
There are no gaps, you have to invent them so as not to have to address the gaps that your faith
has encumbered you with , for which you can not provide a plausible explanation
How did nothing create something from nothing? You can't explain
How did the nonliving create Life?
You can't explain
How did nonintelligence create intelligence? You can't explain
How did nonconsciousness create consciousness? You can't explain
However, you fill inthose gaps with the request that science be given millions of years to see if they can figure out a solution...LOL
That gap is a bottomless pit which is unfillable......Especially in the atheist's case where they try to fill that gap with unreliable nonsense.
Your faith has tied you up and chained you with unbreakable chains, both mentally and physically.....
The fruits of atheism
Unchain my mind , atheism won't set me free
I live in a world, depressing as can be .
Each passing day is full of misery
and I don't know what's happening to me
I need God ,to show his mercy
and set me free..Lord set me FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEE
Great post :-)
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#132829 Jun 23, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So....
A baby in a womb consents to be ripped apart, and suck out?
Or a young man "Seduced" into homosexual acts buy perverts considered "Moral"?
No!
Right is Right, and
Wrong is Wrong...
Not buy your standings, but God's!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#132830 Jun 23, 2014
"by"... LOL
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#132831 Jun 23, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
The buy-bull should only be studied in public schools as fiction.
More so
"The Origin of Species
by Means of Natural Selection,or
The Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life"

People hide how Racist Derwood was!
Yes and Amen

Versailles, KY

#132832 Jun 23, 2014
All Glory belongs to the Lord, as
man was stupid enough to elect Obama twice!

You all have a Great day :-)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#132833 Jun 23, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not God.
Duly noted, since I don't believe the biblical god ever existed outside of imagination. I said that a charismatic "prophet" could convince followers to murder in God's name. Please tell me that hasn't happened... I DARE YOU.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132834 Jun 23, 2014
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
The congregation agreed to the terms of the covenant and if those terms included not working on a Friday night then they should do their work on Friday during the day or wait till saturday morning,,,, Wouldn't you agree?
So you are from California? You wouldn't be the same one using the monoker Spaced out?
You atheists are known for using multiple monikers.
"An act can only be immoral if there is a non consenting party"
So you ,like Pre K, have no problem with a brother sister committing incest as long as it is consensual, mother son or grandmother grandson.....?
Well, California has been known to have their share of fruitcakes,,,,
The fruits of atheism, any perverted behaviour is acceptable as long as" it lights the perpetrators candle"

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#132835 Jun 23, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Justification and understanding the way someone else thought are not the same thing, at all. If you don't understand that, I can talk more about that.
Smith was not a Biblical hero, and I'm not sure who has ever said that.
As far as the story in Moses goes, how do you know it wasn't commanded by God and that part just wasn't written down as part of the story?
We (LDS) will not be asked to kill anyone. We follow Jesus Christ who gave to us a higher law than those that lived in OT times. As He said in His parable, it is better to let the wheat and the tares grow together. You should know the rest.
I know the difference between justification and empathy - and I don't try to confuse them to obfuscate the point. Smith was one of your biblical heroes - there is no doubt about that since you see his writings as direct appendages to the Bible.
I could INVENT all kinds of things about the stories in the Bible. I do not do so. I admit that I'm completely baffled as to why that would be a problem for you. Do you think that I'm the reincarnation of Joseph Smith or something?
I could quote early LDS sermons that refute your statements about killing, but given the depth of your denial I see little profit in it.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#132836 Jun 23, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What must I do for your great spirit to enter paradise?
We are not in exile here: we are at home . I believe, it is only here that we will ever get a chance to see paradise face to face.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132837 Jun 23, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You lost your point. Still haven't answered any question . I do find you sad, and what's with all the diversion ? It's just a simple analogy . Jesus never wrote anything ...everything was interpretation from many years of translations and editing . I think I hit a nerve with you when I quoted Einstein . You have a strange way of defending your thoughts . You repeat yourself over and over and add meaningless insults that show how vulnerable your mind is. Concentrate ..find some sort of integrity with your answers .
`
Naaah , did not lose my point and you did not hit a nerve with Einstein .
Einstein was extremely brilliant , a genius ,yet he could not explain the origins of life,intelligence and consciousness. As a matter of fact,if I am not mistaken, he claimed that the universe had to be intelligently designed.
Jesus did not write down his teachings , He instructed His Apostles to go and presch the gospel throughout the world , which they did, successfully,in spite of being persecuted,risking life and limb....Obviously,they experienced something that caused them to
take such risks after he'd been crucufied and put to death... "Ressurection is the only plausible explanation . TRead what Gamaliel said to the Pharisees in the Book of Acts.
Einstein was a very bright mortal , not to be compared in any way ,shape or form to the Son of God..
Is there a God "ID" that is eternal or is no thing eternal. If no thing is eternal that would mean that nothing created something out of nothing.. That is a ludicrous,inept and illogical beleif.. Something had to exist from eternity,before the Universe was created " God"
Why do I believe that The Bible makes it very clear ,even before the issue of the origin of life was discussed.
Inthe begining,God created the heavens and the earth....Nowhere does it state that God was created, but God does state, Tell them I AM That I Am sent you.The Prophets talk about Him who is fro Everlasting.
Christ confirms that the Father has life in Himself....
atheists ,because of their unbelief , call that the God of the Gaps.
On the other hand , the atheists' faith forces atheists to defend their illogical position that nothing created something out of nothing And then, they don't even defend their position or explain how this is possible ... They say I ignore science . I don't ignore science, science does not have an answer....So the atheist has to rely onthe hope that science will find an answer and has the faith that Science will do so,,,in a few million years....That is the answer that atheists like you bombard us with.
Fact is, you believe in nothing and can provide nothing to defend your beliefs, other than inane excuses ,like you did with Eistein, which I mock and get under your skins.
I take my God very seriously,however , I have also stated on numerous occassions that atheists are my Entertaimnment Center.
With all the nonsencical excuses that you all provide,evasive tactics ,use of many monikers,there is much that I can mock.....You all provide me with much ammunition and I take advantage of it.
For example , UMM posted some nonsense twice , when challenged , he went awol , has not been heard from since ,, The other yam fam " Haven't forgotten" has forgotten and hightailed it out of town , the Box seems to have run into a herd of cats and there is where they go when nature calls...Witchettys broom ha smalfunctioned and she can no longer travel to this forum.
Pre K has a huge problem telling time , got himself boxed into a situation where he condones incest ,under certain circumstances that he calls a small window. That small window allows for brother /sister sex , mother /son sex and grandchild/ grandmother sex.
In essence he condones his son having sex with his sister,mother and grandmother.
He justifies this behaviour on the basis it makes his skin crawl...
The fruits of atheism..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey! Quantummist. 11 min lose some weight ... 24
Joseph Burley elliott 12 min Knox 1
How do you determine your True Enemies? 50 min Polyester 26
Narcissist living the lie 1 hr Polyester 28
James mills 1 hr Shonda 22
Biggest wh*re in barbourville 1 hr Quizzes 18
Messers 1 hr Hmmm 1
Barbourville police dept ends threats on school... 9 hr Yep 14
What is Bob Corey running for?? Sat Agenda Finder 42

Barbourville Jobs