Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 165659 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#132754 Jun 21, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
You have made it clear, you blindly accept the rules of the wow because you feel they come from a perfect being.

Mike Duquette wrote:

<quoted text>So hot drinks being off limits is a required rule in your book? It is a rule added that is not really all that required in my opinion. I guess you feel all the Mormon rules were required?

Do you see no comparison still?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#132755 Jun 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well by that standard, one cannot use the OT to help determine any philosophical debate.
Not that you even tried to tell me what is different about faith in OT times.
I have no idea what you use to introspect your beliefs. Evidently you do not use the OT.
You act if people back then were aliens.

And so what if we were in heaven, as we have zero memories of it? You are not telling me about heaven due to anything you learned there.
It isn't "OT times" that we were talking about. We were talking about the people that left Egypt with Moses. The other thousands of years are different people that had different experiences and most did not physically see evidence of the power of God.
The OT is relevant to us if we understand it. We are not held accountable to Mosaic laws anymore. But the OT is much more than just the Mosaic law.

No I don't remember being in Heaven before coming here, but we have been told about it through the scriptures. None of us were there for the civil war but we can learn about it through the writings of people that were there. In this case, our scriptures speak of Heaven through what Jesus or the prophets said about it. The difference is that Jesus tells us that faith is necessary to get back there.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132756 Jun 21, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Very rarely. But when I do I seek until I find a satisfactory answer.
There is an apologetic answer to most any question of religion. Religion has been working on it for thousands of years. I see you accept them very readily. You have shown how you go to the web sites of your church looking for the official answer.
You have shown some of your standards today. You rule out OT logic and philosophy. You accept anything the prophets says is of a god.
So your standards do not seem very strict at all. In fact, I see them as double standards. Pretty easy to find an answer when your standards are like this.
It is why I do not believe. I suppose I have higher and consistent standards.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132757 Jun 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
In my mind,if science were to create life, which atheist scientists believe needs no creator, it would totally destroy their beliefs, Simple as that.
And yes , I have given some thought to your atheist beliefs that intelligence is not needed to create life and all this nonsense about nature churning . I don't have the faith to believe such nonsense. Again , the gaps you are trying to fill in comprises an impossible task.
It is the God that I worship that has the recipe for life . It can not be found in nature , no matter how many millions of years you wnat to fiull that gap with.
What you are saying is that nothing ,lifeless,senseless ,unintelligent and nonconscious was somehow able by means of a random unknown process to construct a cell that contains more inforemation than 200 volumes of the encyclopedia Britanica and no one knows has this information was created and attained......Your atheist faith leaves you no choice than to believe that which is irrational ,illogical and nonsencical.
Of course you see nothing wrong with your illogic and because of your foolishness,which you call wisdom you can not accept how ridiculouis and absurd your beliefs are..
We been down that road and you have yet to give your version of how these events have taken place by natural means other than your toothless excuses...
My God ,in whom I believe , reigns , Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour ,in whom I believe,lives.....
And it matters not what the absurd,unrealistic and impossible beliefs of atheists are.
I make no apologies nor do I create nonsensical excuses for my beliefs.
Now be a good boy and go have a donut as your Logic has been proven to be the result of an unsound mind
And, if men in white coats and nets approch you,run like the wind , cause they are intending to make your permanent residence a rubber room where you will cease to being a threat to yourseldf and others
Yes, filling all gaps of knowledge is likely impossible. So you will always have a gap in which to insert your god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132758 Jun 21, 2014
curious wrote:
The road to foolishness begins when one is wise in his own eyes
How ironic. Look at the post preceding the comment you made here. It is full of hubris. You start most every post by calling someone less than wise, implying you feel you are more wise.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132759 Jun 21, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess this makes you a fool.
Hey Running Bare,put on your breechcloth, your guesswork is far off base and your smoke signals are incomprehensible....

BTW You did not have to admit that you use multiple monikers as all the atheiists on this forum are addicted to that practice.
UMM was fond of posting things and then changing monikers and responding to his own post in a favorable manner ,, JUST LIKE YOU DID...
whatta TWIT....... tHAT'A WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SEND OUT MISLEADING SMOKE SIGNALS AND Smoke Gets In Your Eyes The Platters 1959

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132760 Jun 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
In my mind,if science were to create life, which atheist scientists believe needs no creator, it would totally destroy their beliefs, Simple as that.
And yes , I have given some thought to your atheist beliefs that intelligence is not needed to create life and all this nonsense about nature churning . I don't have the faith to believe such nonsense. Again , the gaps you are trying to fill in comprises an impossible task.
It is the God that I worship that has the recipe for life . It can not be found in nature , no matter how many millions of years you wnat to fiull that gap with.
What you are saying is that nothing ,lifeless,senseless ,unintelligent and nonconscious was somehow able by means of a random unknown process to construct a cell that contains more inforemation than 200 volumes of the encyclopedia Britanica and no one knows has this information was created and attained......Your atheist faith leaves you no choice than to believe that which is irrational ,illogical and nonsencical.
Of course you see nothing wrong with your illogic and because of your foolishness,which you call wisdom you can not accept how ridiculouis and absurd your beliefs are..
We been down that road and you have yet to give your version of how these events have taken place by natural means other than your toothless excuses...
My God ,in whom I believe , reigns , Jesus Christ, my Lord and Saviour ,in whom I believe,lives.....
And it matters not what the absurd,unrealistic and impossible beliefs of atheists are.
I make no apologies nor do I create nonsensical excuses for my beliefs.
Now be a good boy and go have a donut as your Logic has been proven to be the result of an unsound mind
And, if men in white coats and nets approch you,run like the wind , cause they are intending to make your permanent residence a rubber room where you will cease to being a threat to yourseldf and others
Almost every sentence here is claiming me or all atheists unwise.

The road to foolishness begins when one is wise in his own eyes.

You are so hypocritical, it constantly astounds me.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132761 Jun 21, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't "OT times" that we were talking about. We were talking about the people that left Egypt with Moses. The other thousands of years are different people that had different experiences and most did not physically see evidence of the power of God.
The OT is relevant to us if we understand it. We are not held accountable to Mosaic laws anymore. But the OT is much more than just the Mosaic law.
No I don't remember being in Heaven before coming here, but we have been told about it through the scriptures. None of us were there for the civil war but we can learn about it through the writings of people that were there. In this case, our scriptures speak of Heaven through what Jesus or the prophets said about it. The difference is that Jesus tells us that faith is necessary to get back there.
Well it seems you missed my point again. I am speaking of the Exodus, and used it as an example to prove your claim wrong. The golden calf worshippers supposedly did see evidence of god, yet rejected him. You claimed this could not happen. It is a contradiction in your philosophy.
Why would I use any examples that do not claim the people had seen evidence? That would make no sense.

Can you back up your claims of heaven with scriptures? If so, it sure seems strange you did not just post the scripture.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132762 Jun 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, filling all gaps of knowledge is likely impossible. So you will always have a gap in which to insert your god.
My God does not need to be inserted to fill any gaps , He fills the Universe, the gaps in your mind can not be filled by natural means,in spite of your futile attempts to do so.
In effect, your attempts merely serve to create bigger gaps which have in effect,left you in a mindless state
Comprende Tu si babu
BTW , What hoopened to the BOX, has he been captured and incarcerated?
And Per K where he be? Has he lost track of time ? LOL

Location hidden

#132763 Jun 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The Mormon church went to great lengths to make sure homosexuals could not marry, thus by your reasoning, they are causing problems.
They ensured a rule that is not logical. I might follow the rules of our land, but I will certainly question them, and ask the reasons they exist, especially when they are clearly unjust.
I will try to have them changed instead of automatically defending them as you do.
America is not a dictatorship because they are immoral and unjust. The bible god and the prophets of the bible are dictators. It is a lesson of an unjust and immoral way to run a society.
Would you not expect a group of people to stand up for what they believe in? Or would you expect them to cave in the moment someone disagrees?

You can ask all you want about laws. Have you ever got one to change? Try getting a speed limit raised on a highway. Use the argument that other states do something different.
Anyway, you know full well that you may not get an answer for a long time about why a particular law is a law, but until you get an answer, and even after you get an answer, you are held accountable to follow that law, whether you understand why or not.
Comparing God and the government of a country is apples and bananas. A country didn't create its people.

Location hidden

#132764 Jun 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You have made it clear, you blindly accept the rules of the wow because you feel they come from a perfect being.

Mike Duquette wrote:

<quoted text>So hot drinks being off limits is a required rule in your book? It is a rule added that is not really all that required in my opinion. I guess you feel all the Mormon rules were required?

Do you see no comparison still?
I follow it because it makes sense to abstain from those products that are harmful to the human body. And it came from the one that created the human body. I also have a tendency to follow owners manuals of equipment that I buy because I expect the people that made it know more about it than me.

Location hidden

#132765 Jun 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is an apologetic answer to most any question of religion. Religion has been working on it for thousands of years. I see you accept them very readily. You have shown how you go to the web sites of your church looking for the official answer.
You have shown some of your standards today. You rule out OT logic and philosophy. You accept anything the prophets says is of a god.
So your standards do not seem very strict at all. In fact, I see them as double standards. Pretty easy to find an answer when your standards are like this.
It is why I do not believe. I suppose I have higher and consistent standards.
In many cases I do go to those sites because thousands of others have already had the same question. I also go to message boards for issues troubleshooting electronics for the same reason. You still have to weigh the answer to decide if you agree with it or not. And in both cases I would post a link rather than trying to do it from scratch.
You don't know much about my standards on anything beyond a few topics, because you have only harped on a very few things. And even on those you still don't understand my stance, so you call it double standards if you wish.

We have both made our choice. And we have both decided to stick with our choice. I am full ready to accept the consequences of my choice.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132766 Jun 21, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's go over this again. Lucifer was in the presence of God and got mad that his plan wasn't chosen. This rebellion is referred to as the War, or Council, in Heaven. His judgment came immediately and he was cast out of Heaven along with those that agreed with Lucifer. They gave up their chance to come to earth and receive a body.
The ones that turned from God after witnessing His power first hand, also received their judgment immediately. Moses tried to change God's mind until he realized how right God was that they had turned from Him and started worshipping something they created themselves.
In the case of someone after Judgment Day rejecting God, I'm sure their consequence will be the same and will be cast out of His presence. I don't think this will be a widespread issue though. I would think it would be rare.
Sorry I don't spend that much time on here and can't always remember every post during multiple conversations.
So now you are changing your position so it is not a contradiction? You claimed earlier one could not reject god in heaven. Now you claim it is rare.
I fully understand you feel putting people to death for rejecting god is moral. I am sure the 9/11 hijackers felt the same. I have no doubt that the hijackers felt the people in the towers rejected god.
All you are doing here is justifying killing for religious reasons. I get you do not realize this. You do it in complete ignorance. It is one large reason I debate religion.

Personally, I do not think Moses had a debate with a god. He may have debated himself, and claimed it was a god he debated.
Why blindly accept the claims of Moses?

Location hidden

#132767 Jun 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well it seems you missed my point again. I am speaking of the Exodus, and used it as an example to prove your claim wrong. The golden calf worshippers supposedly did see evidence of god, yet rejected him. You claimed this could not happen. It is a contradiction in your philosophy.
Why would I use any examples that do not claim the people had seen evidence? That would make no sense.

Can you back up your claims of heaven with scriptures? If so, it sure seems strange you did not just post the scripture.
No dude. You missed my point. You spoke of the people of Moses as OT times which isn't accurate. That group of people that you call calf worshipers doesn't come close to encompassing all the people of OT times. So I clarified that we were only talking about the people that left Egypt with Moses. And I never claimed it wasn't possible for people to see evidence of God and turn from Him. I said it was unlikely to happen in Heaven once Judgment Day has passed. Because at that point people will have seen what happened to lucifer (and will remember their time in Heaven in the pre-existence as the veil will have been lifted) and they will have seen what happened to the ones that denied God on earth. Highly unlikely anyone would turn from Him at that point, but not impossible.
Which claims on Heaven? That it exists? Pre-existence? Which claims do you want scriptures on?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132768 Jun 21, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
In many cases I do go to those sites because thousands of others have already had the same question. I also go to message boards for issues troubleshooting electronics for the same reason. You still have to weigh the answer to decide if you agree with it or not. And in both cases I would post a link rather than trying to do it from scratch.
You don't know much about my standards on anything beyond a few topics, because you have only harped on a very few things. And even on those you still don't understand my stance, so you call it double standards if you wish.
We have both made our choice. And we have both decided to stick with our choice. I am full ready to accept the consequences of my choice.
I am judging your standards by your posts. What is it you feel I do not understand? Maybe if you work a bit harder at explaining, instead of diverting, I would understand you better.

I see constant contradictions from you and the other Christian posters here. I see constant double standards. It is a trend I cannot ignore. It does help me in confirmation of my choice.
I am flu ready to accept the consequences of my choice. Even if that means a fundamentalist will kill me in belief of Deuteronomy 13.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132770 Jun 21, 2014
Mike D wrote:
<quoted text>And what is that recipe?
All god of the gaps arguements as always.
The recipe for creating life is in the possesion of my God. He is the Creator of that recipe.
Others,like yourself,have tried to create that recipe which contains the instructions for creating life, consciousness and intelligence.
As far as I can ascertain from your postings , your futile recipe is based on nothing creatind something from nothing . This something that was created by notrhing is unintelligent, nonliving
and non conscious , then according to you,it is possible that " the churning of nature" whatever that means, over a period of millions of years,somehow ,in some unexplicable manner,was able to create living,conscious and intelligent matter,,,,,,,,,,

Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss , Gap filler,gap filler you need some more gap filler , your foundation is crumbling get some more gap filler

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132771 Jun 21, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I follow it because it makes sense to abstain from those products that are harmful to the human body. And it came from the one that created the human body. I also have a tendency to follow owners manuals of equipment that I buy because I expect the people that made it know more about it than me.
It makes sense to abstain in some or most circumstances, but as I showed, of these can be medically helpful. So your supposed creator obviously failed to know absolute claims on these are not correct.
You keep insisting it is rules from a god, yet that cannot be known. It is simply something you trust. You trust your leaders to always tell the truth. That seems dangerous as I have shown in many examples.
When your prophet asked god to give him some help on Cancer cures, and that works out, let me know. Until then, I do not believe you have a link to a being that created humans.
SNYB

Mount Vernon, KY

#132772 Jun 21, 2014
Mike D wrote:
<quoted text>If I actually ever said that, you would be correct to scoff. But you simply lied that I said it. You only argue straw men you imagine.
I was correct, you're the liar.

Now doesn't that just make you want to puke?

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#132773 Jun 21, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Running Bare,put on your breechcloth, your guesswork is far off base and your smoke signals are incomprehensible....
BTW You did not have to admit that you use multiple monikers as all the atheiists on this forum are addicted to that practice.
UMM was fond of posting things and then changing monikers and responding to his own post in a favorable manner ,, JUST LIKE YOU DID...
whatta TWIT....... tHAT'A WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU SEND OUT MISLEADING SMOKE SIGNALS AND Smoke Gets In Your Eyes The Platters 1959
I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation ,whose purposes are modeled after our own --a God , in short who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his own body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or rediculous egotisms.
Albert Einstein

Location hidden

#132774 Jun 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So now you are changing your position so it is not a contradiction? You claimed earlier one could not reject god in heaven. Now you claim it is rare.
I fully understand you feel putting people to death for rejecting god is moral. I am sure the 9/11 hijackers felt the same. I have no doubt that the hijackers felt the people in the towers rejected god.
All you are doing here is justifying killing for religious reasons. I get you do not realize this. You do it in complete ignorance. It is one large reason I debate religion.

Personally, I do not think Moses had a debate with a god. He may have debated himself, and claimed it was a god he debated.
Why blindly accept the claims of Moses?
I'm not changing my position. Please find the post where I said that people could not reject God while in Heaven.

I also have never said I support killing people for rejecting God, now did I? I have concluded it is you that does not know how to debate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Secrets to Raising good Kids 54 min Fyi 6
The Specialist Therapy Sessions for the sexualy... 1 hr Wensday guy 10
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chris Jarvis 8272 792
Looking for Kenny Saunders (Aug '16) 2 hr Gulf Side 8
Hey christy (Nov '13) 2 hr I wanna see 5
Arthur Frank Miller Jr, Barbara Stapleton 2 hr Thug Life 2
New club 2 hr User Name 2
Police and Ambulance 3 hr Therealbitchplease 103

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages