Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149000 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Ana Garcia Tolete

Lynn, MA

#132698 Jun 19, 2014
I am from the Dominican Republic and we are a lot of attendants in our medium size place of worshiper.
The principle from our priest is that:
He who farts in the Church
sits in its own pew.
Everybody before the service and before siting to hear the service as I was saying, everybody farts at her heart contents outside in the garden.
Not long ago I went to another CatholicChurs and to my dismay I coulnt help but notice that the people fart in the church with no respect for the statues or the people that went there to take the holy Communion. You do not fart in the House of God, How do you like that "friends that go to your house for a visit start farting siliently yes but the smell is disgusting. Can you imagine in our church with everybody having beans a nigth before how smelly con the church be?
We dominicans are very respectful or the hOUSE of the Lord and if we are invited to your house we won't fart in your house. We 'l ask permision and go out to fart. Ok?

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#132699 Jun 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The only gaps I am aware of are the ones in your head, your teeth and your faith for which you have asked for millions of years ,hoping that science can prove your assertions and making the claim that they may never be able to prove such.
Moreover , science is futily attempting to create that which they claim does not need a creator.
That kind of logic will get you committed into an overpopulated mental facility in order to protect you and the public at large.
Fools rush in and are then unable to exit
"Faith" is not in fact a rejection of reason but simply a lazy acceptance of bad reason . "Faith" is the pseudo justification that some people trot out when they want to make claims without the necessary evidence .
The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by "faith" but by verification .
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132700 Jun 19, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
"Faith" is not in fact a rejection of reason but simply a lazy acceptance of bad reason . "Faith" is the pseudo justification that some people trot out when they want to make claims without the necessary evidence .
The man of science has learned to believe in justification, not by "faith" but by verification .
Hello , So you are back..........eith more nonsense.
The atheist man of science claims that life does not need a creator .And how does he ago about proving hi theory , By trying to create life in the laboratory, where he and his theories have failed miserably,,,,And,were he to succeed, he would only manage to disprove his adamant atheist theory... Life does need a creator , which believers already know.
Life,intelligence and consciousness can not arise from nonlife,nonintelligence and nonconsciousness.
That is the quandry that atheists like yourself have boxed themselves into.
Not you,or any other atheist has attempted to explain how life could arise without ID. Not able to deal with that issue you continue filling internet space with nonsencical excuses and EVASIVE answers . Those are the fruits of atheism,rotten and falling off the tree.
As I remember,I asked you to provide your beliefs on that issue.
Please respond before I get called to the happy hunting grounds, then it will be too late,
as You will not be able to contact me ,even by smoke signals........
Conchita Quemada cacaseca

Lynn, MA

#132701 Jun 19, 2014
Mike D wrote:
<quoted text>"the rules were needed"? Living in a moral society has its risks as freedoms can allow for dangerous people to live among us.
I do not think worshipping a golden calf makes for a dangerous person, but even if it did, it is not right to kill anyone for it.
But you think it was good.
It is not the point if you feel people should do it today. The point is, I cannot accept your judgments on morality due to you believing this was ever good.
I'll give you a law obseerva in the Ctholic Church where I belong and thanks to this rule we get along each othe even americans that are so gross and rude an fat.
He who farts in the Church
sits in its own pew.
This apply too when visiting houses.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132702 Jun 19, 2014
Ana Garcia Tolete wrote:
I am from the Dominican Republic and we are a lot of attendants in our medium size place of worshiper.

. Ok?
If that is where you are from , avanza y largate, antes que el Border Pstrol chases you down aand ships you back for entering the country illegally
Anmdale ,andale ,the Migra is on it's way..
A juyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiir todo el mundo
You twit
Croe que los federales te conocen por el nombre de MariJuana the nonmedical type
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#132703 Jun 19, 2014
Meeeeeera , antes que se me olvide , Cart of these atheists with you when you head back home My regards to Sammy Sosa.....
wasntme

Scottsburg, IN

#132704 Jun 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The atheist man of science claims that life does not need a creator .And how does he ago about proving hi theory , By trying to create life in the laboratory, where he and his theories have failed miserably,,,,And,were he to succeed, he would only manage to disprove his adamant atheist theory... Life does need a creator , which believers already know.
Life,intelligence and consciousness can not arise from nonlife,nonintelligence and nonconsciousness.
Not you,or any other atheist has attempted to explain how life could arise without ID. Not able to deal with that issue you continue filling internet space with nonsencical excuses and EVASIVE answers . Those are the fruits of atheism,rotten and falling off the tree.
Please respond before I get called to the happy hunting grounds, then it will be too late,
as You will not be able to contact me even by smoke signals........
Your looking at the issue on a kindergarten level .Why do think only in terms of human existence ? Maybe just maybe we EVOLVED to intelligence and consciousness. It doesn't mean that life can only exist on these terms.That's the problem with your "boxed " interpretation of creation.Why does it have to be so human ? Scientists spend millions on technology to bring mankind closer to understanding where we came from. Do you think they should just toss all that to the side and pick up a Bible and sit blindly in the closet like you? You and others. like you follow contradictory words from the past. I will listen to scientific proof...and learn more about the future .
I think you should refrain from using derogatory statements towards people because of their heritage . You are proven to be a racist by several of your remarks . Besides the Native Americans ..everyone is an immigrant ..you don't know if that women is an American now, you are an as§ for saying that to her.

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#132705 Jun 19, 2014
Sorry, I was not logged in on my account that last post was from me "Justice". So you know Curiass.
SNYB

Newark, OH

#132706 Jun 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So the bible story is worthless?
No, SOME of us actually learn some WISDOM from within it's pages.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#132707 Jun 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right , I'm still trying to figure out how their inane mind functions,to no avail.
They are quite incapable and unable to explain how the nonliving can create life ,the nonintelligent can create intelligence and the nonconscious can create consciousness...
They hope and have the faith that Science may be able to explain it someday,,, in a couple mikllionn years...By that time, my Social Security will have expired and I'll have to stand on a street corner with a tin cup.....Assuming I live that long.
That is what oneight call a HUMONGOUS GAP on steroids
The fruits of atheism..........
With all that's going on in this world...
I don't feel that we'll be around for SSI...
I look for a peace treaty with Iran, and Israel this year....
God Bless :-)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#132708 Jun 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing... you cannot truly verify anything in science
that says there is no God!
Yet... if you SEEK God...(With TRUE desire) You WILL FIND HIM!
Fact is... You do not want to!
God is REAL, and you have been told!
(YES.... I USED a LOT of CAPS....)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#132709 Jun 20, 2014

“Justice Sweet”

Mount Vernon

#132710 Jun 20, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing... you cannot truly verify anything in science
Why is it a funny thing?

I don't believe in the Bible God.. It doesn't define the true meaning of the Great Spirit .

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#132711 Jun 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The only gaps I am aware of are the ones in your head, your teeth and your faith for which you have asked for millions of years ,hoping that science can prove your assertions and making the claim that they may never be able to prove such.
Moreover , science is futily attempting to create that which they claim does not need a creator.
That kind of logic will get you committed into an overpopulated mental facility in order to protect you and the public at large.
Fools rush in and are then unable to exit
So you think people are put in mental facilities for calling out your god of the gaps? Are you really that dumb, or are you just trying to make a joke?
You have yet to show a single reason you believe in god that is not a god of the gaps argument. If you are going to claim my logic is flawed, then demonstrate what is wrong with my logic.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132712 Jun 20, 2014
SNYB wrote:
<quoted text>
No, SOME of us actually learn some WISDOM from within it's pages.
Yet you condemned me for posting a story from the bible. Deuteronomy 13

12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying,“Let us go and worship other gods”(gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely,[b] both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt, 17 and none of the condemned things[c] are to be found in your hands. Then the Lord will turn from his fierce anger, will show you mercy, and will have compassion on you. He will increase your numbers, as he promised on oath to your ancestors— 18 because you obey the Lord your God by keeping all his commands that I am giving you today and doing what is right in his eyes.

There is a lesson to be learned here, unfortunately the fundamentalists here think this command was good.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132713 Jun 20, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing... you cannot truly verify anything in science
Kind of hard to prove an imaginary being does not exist. No one can prove Thor is a myth. Does that mean Thor is real? Nope.
If your desire is to believe, I am sure you will find a god in which to believe in. Does it mean you found a real god? Nope. It means you fulfilled your desire with your imagination. It is a delusion. Just as I am sure you feel Muslims and Hindu's are in a delusion. They desire to find the god of their culture. They found that god. It does not mean the god is real.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#132714 Jun 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
as You will not be able to contact me ,even by smoke signals........
So in your mind, even if science created life, it would prove your god true? You stacked the deck. You want it both ways.
Ever think intelligence is not all that is needed to create life? It might just take time and a lot of nature churning. Life occurred on earth about a billion years after earth formed. You wish a person to mimic a billion years worth of nature in a lab?
You act as if it would be easy. Clearly you do not understand science, or nature.
You simply desire for a god. You desire that your god made all. You cannot show this god, nor how the god can do anything. It is simply a belief that has zero evidence. It is a god of the gaps.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#132715 Jun 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>I asked you straight up, if you ever had a doubt about about your religion , you never answered me.
Yes I did. I told you that is how I ended up converting

Location hidden

#132716 Jun 20, 2014
Mike D wrote:
<quoted text>Well thank you for finally addressing the main point I have been making for days.
I will accept your decision even though I see it as a glaring contradiction.
You have made it clear you refuse to see any wrongs in your religious beliefs. I assume the Pharisiees had the same mental block.
I see the rules about hot drinks as adding more than which is needed. So we disagree, but at least you stated your position after have been asked several times.
You accept what decision?

Location hidden

#132717 Jun 20, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>So how do you explain Satan?

He would have experienced God in ways that you can't possibly imagine yet he chose to turn from God.

Here's someone who was the brightest being in all creation (bar God). Satan would have experienced first-hand the absolute goodness and omnipotent authority god has. Why would Satan want to rebel against such unmediated love? Satan would have known more than anyone, the utter futility of trying to defy God

Yet he chose to rebel against such goodness and light?

Nothing can be that stupid ergo he doesn't exist.

Lacking reason? Well, that comes from trying to present Satan as real, when, by your own admission, there's no reason for those who have experienced to turn from God.
This was not a matter of faith. He was in God's presence. This was a matter of greed. Lucifer wanted God's glory for himself. What he failed to understand is that if he would have just followed God's plan he would inherit all that God has one day.
I was speaking of humans in this mortal existence. The pre-existence is an entirely different situation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
stinking creek 1 hr yes 86
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Princess Hey 3,852
Three liquor stores in bville 5 hr Quantummist 26
Merrill speaks out, where? 6 hr Aaahh 6
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 7 hr TuQuick4You 13
Msc topic disappeared wonder why lol??? 7 hr Amy 15
Yolanda 9 hr nasty girl 11
Jessie J. Mills 18 hr Basketball man 4
KCHS principal Wed Tax payer 30

Barbourville Jobs