Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149546 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#131100 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh look, you 're dumber than a cockroach during menstruation.
Yes I capitalized the Cross . The Cross in question is the one found at Ground zero. To Christians the Cross does symbo;ize Christianity.
However ,said Cross is not being placed at the 9/11 museum as a way of promoting Christianity . It is being ,placed there as a historical artifact for the role it played during the 9/11 rescue efforts....
To me,it is just a Cross , and it neither enhances nor decreases my Faith.
Thanks to you atheists , who are claiming that the Cross has supernatural powers , the Cross has gotten much more publicity than it should.
As your atheist gumbadys have claimed " the existence of said Cross has caused the AA org. members,interalia , to be afflicted by dyspepsia , anxiety , depression , headaches and mental anguish...That is the Power that the Cross holds over unbelieving atheists. And that fact is based on their own public confession...
BTW You are making the same argument about the Cross as Duket is.
I need not wonder why........
A redneck moron from South Carolina with at least 2 monikers.....
You can't even tell time , prove me wrong and tell me what time it is... LOL
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssss
Ricky Retardo is aLIVE AND WELL IN SOUTH CAROLINA.........
Well I am quite sure the cross of 9/11 represents Christianity to you, as it does to any Christian. Heck, it even represents Christianity to none Christians. Wake up. It promotes Christianity.
karl

Winter Garden, FL

#131101 May 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got serious issues . I almost feel sorry for the fact that these kind of responses are the only things that cross your mind. You sound like a very sexually repressed man...
Curious does not have any serious issues.He is a figment of my imagination.
However,it is atheists who brought up the malevolent issue of consensual incest. I am merely pointing out how misguided they are in their selfish attempts to justify the unjustifiable...
Seems to me you agree with their philosophy on incest
karl

Winter Garden, FL

#131102 May 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
No.To be quite frank you ,a supposed Christian , has opened my eyes to the actual bigotry of a believer and their depths of hatred . You've been a good example of what faith can lead to.
You speak of mental disorders too often ...there's a connection there somewhere .
There you go again , making unsubstantiated statements...I have many faults ,hatred nor bigotry
are not 2 of them...
Seems that you atheists get very defensive when your dirty linen is made public.
The mental maladies that I have mentioned atr not figments of my imagination, they are the conclusions reached by Independent studies and attested by one of your atheist leaders.
You atheists love to attack the beliefs of those who believe in God,when you come under attack for your beliefs and those of your leaders you all tend to whine a lot and then expect a pity party to soothe your feelings. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131103 May 20, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is not a problem.
The Bible inspires rational thought. How do you conclude otherwise?
Because the bible promotes rules to be followed without rational reasons to follow said rules.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#131104 May 20, 2014
karl wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious does not have any serious issues.He is a figment of my imagination.
However,it is atheists who brought up the malevolent issue of consensual incest. I am merely pointing out how misguided they are in their selfish attempts to justify the unjustifiable...
Seems to me you agree with their philosophy on incest
These are tactics to avoid the truth. I won't buy into the diversion . It gets tough for Christian to rely on common sense , so they resort to distractions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131105 May 20, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware of the crime statistics. As well some years ago I took a criminal justice course which shared the same information. I said in class, what I am sharing here. I do not believe the crime rate is going down. People are only being lulled into thinking that it is.
The first four of the 10 Commandments are still good for everyone. If money, self, etc. is made gods, then people will commit terrible acts against others in the name of these gods. And, why would anyone want to serve a god that did not create them, or a god that does not want the very best for them? Worshiping money, self, etc. usually leads to criminal acts against other people, innocent people. Regarding making graven images, this just puts a person's priorities out of wack in a bad way. Placing images, statues, etc. above people, etc. Why would anyone want to take the one that created them and use their name as a cuss word? Is it respectful? Would you like it people began using your own name in place of a cuss word? The Sabbath Day is a day of rest. It is wise for everyone to take at least one day of rest each week. It is good for the body physically and in many other ways.
The Bible is inspired by God through man. I believe I answered this elsewhere, but we have to agree to disagree regarding the classification of Christianity. Christianity is not a religion.
Yes, I am aware many eyewitnesses are mistaken, perceive wrongly and do lie. But, if there are 20 witnesses and 17 of those witnesses say essentially the same thing, one can ascertain what took place. Though, the witness I speak of is a living witness and can only speak what is true.
Regarding the authors...yet, the Bible has a single theme that changes lives in a most positive and amazing way, etc. How? Because, the ultimate author is God.
Ok, so you do not believe the stats, and you do not believe the definition of Christianity is as the dictionary says.
Now just how many people actually believed in Jesus in the day of Jesus and how many did not? Most did not corroborate the story of a few.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131106 May 20, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well I am quite sure the cross of 9/11 represents Christianity to you, as it does to any Christian. Heck, it even represents Christianity to none Christians. Wake up. It promotes Christianity.
You are sure of a lot of things that aren't true , so that is not surprising.
Again, the only ones that are complaining are belligerent atheists.
The Cross will be placed in the museum as a historical artifact whether atheists like it or not.
If it causes them dyspepsia they need to stock up on pepto bismol , headaches,take tylenol, mental anguish , see a psychiatrist and anxiety take prozac...
Best I can do for ya....The rest is up to you as you know what the solution is.
Say hello to Pre K , for one who claims to live in Nottingham he sure is familiar with the daily goings on in America......LOL......
BTW Thanks to atheists the Cross of 9/11 has received more publicity than it merits.
You guys have done more to promote Christianity with your nonsencical lawsuit than the Cross has.... Good job can result from bad intentions..........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131107 May 20, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct....some scientists do support creationism no matter the percentage.
When Noah began building the ark, no one else believed he was correct in doing so but the truth always prevails.
Truth is prevailing, this is why you Christians are so angry the truth of evolution is being taught in schools.
I understand you dispute stats, and have no respect for what they mean.

Now if you only had evidence the ark was real, and the supposed flood actually happened.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#131108 May 20, 2014
karl wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again , making unsubstantiated statements...I have many faults ,hatred nor bigotry
are not 2 of them...
Seems that you atheists get very defensive when your dirty linen is made public.
The mental maladies that I have mentioned atr not figments of my imagination, they are the conclusions reached by Independent studies and attested by one of your atheist leaders.
You atheists love to attack the beliefs of those who believe in God,when you come under attack for your beliefs and those of your leaders you all tend to whine a lot and then expect a pity party to soothe your feelings. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight.
Don't forget to load that gun and learn how to aim it . Your opponent can slice your hand off before you get a chance to pull that trigger if you don't know her capabilities . I don't follow any religious leaders, even if you call them atheist .

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131109 May 20, 2014
chinwendu1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Circle also means sphere. Some people interpret is as like a frisbee or pancake.
Looking at the rest of the statement, who says one cannot put things under a ball or sphere?
The limitations presented here are perceived by man. It is God who created the universe and everything in it. What we think does not limit God.
Lets see, you deny the definition of religion, you deny the definition of circle, you deny stats.........

Denial is the key to faith.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131110 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are sure of a lot of things that aren't true , so that is not surprising.
Again, the only ones that are complaining are belligerent atheists.
The Cross will be placed in the museum as a historical artifact whether atheists like it or not.
If it causes them dyspepsia they need to stock up on pepto bismol , headaches,take tylenol, mental anguish , see a psychiatrist and anxiety take prozac...
Best I can do for ya....The rest is up to you as you know what the solution is.
Say hello to Pre K , for one who claims to live in Nottingham he sure is familiar with the daily goings on in America......LOL......
BTW Thanks to atheists the Cross of 9/11 has received more publicity than it merits.
You guys have done more to promote Christianity with your nonsencical lawsuit than the Cross has.... Good job can result from bad intentions..........
The only ones who are pushing for the symbol of Christianity to be put in the museum are Christians, as it is the symbol of their religion.
Now keep running from that truth.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131111 May 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
These are tactics to avoid the truth. I won't buy into the diversion . It gets tough for Christian to rely on common sense , so they resort to distractions.
The tacticians of untruthfulness are found among the atheists that make an appearance on this eorum on a daily basis in order to discuss what they do not believe in.
They have been presenting the same nonsensical arguments time and again , under different monikers with absolutely no visible results.
Fruitless and failed.... Methinks their purpose is to convince themselves that their beliefs are valid...Certainly have not persuaded anyone else.
They were here with the same inane arguments long before I got here and no doubt will still be here long after I am gone, regurgitating the same nonsense day in and day out.
For my own curiosity I went back and found that Q came on boaed when only some 6000 messages had been posted , although he hasn't posted under that moniker for several weeks, we are now over 125,000 postings.
And he has repeaterdly posted the same thing time and over again
Under any and all circumstances , That is a revolting development

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#131112 May 20, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
So just because you think the Catholic Church had it wrong, does that mean God doesn't exist?
I was raised Catholic and then Mormon. We have raised many reasons we do not feel god exists, yet you ask this question as if we only asked questions that apply to Catholicism?

The continued avoidance of answering the hard questions is reason to believe god does not exist. Not as if this is the only reason.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131113 May 20, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The only ones who are pushing for the symbol of Christianity to be put in the museum are Christians, as it is the symbol of their religion.
Now keep running from that truth.
Well,what have we here, another lie in defense of your faith..........
Any faith that has to be defended by lies is not a faith ,it is a webb of deceit
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131114 May 20, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to load that gun and learn how to aim it . Your opponent can slice your hand off before you get a chance to pull that trigger if you don't know her capabilities . I don't follow any religious leaders, even if you call them atheist .
Well , you follow the dictates of your human nature , that is what has dulled your mind and lefft you in a confused mental state....
The guns and knives I am fairly familiar with ,having grown up in the Allentown section of Buffalo , where the Road Vultures and mafia wannabes ruled....
That is why I say, don't come to a gunfight armed with a knife ,as most assuredly someone will put a hole in your kiester..........
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#131115 May 20, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I was raised Catholic and then Mormon. n.
And failed at both

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#131116 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that you refused and were unable to refute what posted , knowing full well that your insidious defense would convict you..........
You don't have the courage to come out and say it , but youe beliefs speak for themselves.
A father who uses his authority as a father to persuade his daughter to have sex with him
has for all intents and purposes seduced her...
You can come up with more immoral and illconceived excuses in order to justify your beliefs , the fact that you find that type of behaviour makes your skin crawl speaks volumes of your hypocricy ,immorality and perverted behaviour.
That the innocent child will probably be psychologically damaged does not matter to you.
The horrible consequences for the entire family once this behaviour comes to light does not matter to you.What if the daughter were to get pregnant?
Then, you have the unsrupupous audacity to state that you are against child abuse....
Hypocrite does not aptly describe you , Lecherous and degenerate seems more appropriate.
Hey! El Stupido!

A father who uses his authority to seduce his child is certainly not taking part in a consensual act. Anyone who is coerced, pressured, guilt-tripped, etc, into doing something that someone else wants is actually being abused. That is child abuse

How many times do Inhave to say it before you understand what I've been saying for weeks now?

Child abuse is wrong on all levels.

Whether the abuse is heterosexual, homosexual or whether it is incestual.

You seem to want to disagree with me on this and that makes you the one with the problem.

But then we already knew that seeing that you openly support slavery, genocide, killing gays, etc.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#131117 May 20, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , let us revisit your view that sex has to be consensual..
The majority of incest cases involve children between the ages of 7 - 17. with which you agree..
How can you justify as consensual that a 7 year old girl consents to sex with her father?
Here is an opportunity for you to concoct another incredible excuse.....
I know that you will claim you never said such , but, your own admission condems you.
You are still a perverted degenerate, morally lacking and willing to defend a father who seduces his child.....Excuse me , that is called rape..........
Where did I ever say that a young child having sex with her father was consensual?

That's just one more of your many strawmen you insist on inventing because your arguments lack the strength to stand up on their own.

You make these statements up then you end up believing them yourself. How very similar to you believing the god you have also made up.

Now, either show me exactly where I claimed that a parent having sex with their child is consensual or shut up.

By the way, you're the one who refused to deny you wouldn't kill your child if your god ordered you to do so. That hardly puts you in any position to talk about betraying a child's trust.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131118 May 21, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
See, Box? I told you so just a few hours ago... I think this might be a new oblivious record for a fundie .
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
LOL! In history class? ROFL! As a side by side comparison with the other creation myths, perhaps. Certainly not by any stretch of the imagination as any kind of valid historical record by itself.
I'm outside the box...thank you very much.

Fundie? It this not a derogatory word?

Yes, history, to include the historical and archaeological discoveries in regards to the course subject, creation.

A stretch of one's imagination is the theory of evolution.

Do you know without a doubt that what some scientists have told you regarding there theory of evolution is true? How do you know? Did you complete each experiment and investigate each finding for your own self? If not, then how do you know what they tell you is true? Let me just say, it takes great blind faith to believe in the theory of evolution that is not proven and ignore God's existence, especially since God's handiwork is everywhere.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#131119 May 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
What about those prophecies that were wrong?
Jonah's prophecy that Nineveh would be destroyed. It never happened.
Huldah prophesied that King Josiah would die peacefully. He died violently in battle.
Isaiah prophesied that Ahaz would triumph in battle over Rezin, the king of Syria. 2 Chronicles 28:5 tells us that Ahaz lost the battle and was smote and carried away with a great multitude of captives.
I'm sure there are plenty more.
Personally, I like Jeremiah. Especially the bit where he says:
"Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! surely thou hast greatly deceived this people and Jerusalem, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul."
Jeremiah 4:10
Here we have one of the main prophets claiming that God has deceived people. There was me thinking that deception was the devil's department.
Not so, according to Jeremiah.
At this point, I wouldn't say wrong but a misunderstanding...but I am researching it and will respond asap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jill's job 30 min Cover 5
KCHS girls coach 50 min Criscrose 5
What's best place to get front end alignment? (Mar '13) 1 hr Curious 23
Where can you get non-ethonal gas around B'ville? 1 hr NonEthanol 4
why why 2 hr asdfghjkk 1
Where is the Rodney Bullock post? 2 hr patty 5
all dads 6 hr Cant-fix-stupid 9
Wreck!! 7 hr Cant-fix-stupid 7
Who hung them self in town? Thu Justin 9

Barbourville Jobs