Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152048 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#130979 May 19, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What? How did you draw that conclusion? Science is fine, but you must know that the evidence is not in on everything, which is why some things remain theories.
Theories never become anything other than theories. There is nothing "higher" in science than a theory.
SistaNoneYa

Twinsburg, OH

#130980 May 19, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>http://www.youtube.com /watch?v=C8Be1on3JHkXX
Words YaA, I don't strange vid--ee-yo's.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#130981 May 19, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Theories never become anything other than theories. There is nothing "higher" in science than a theory.
You do realize that no matter how many times or places this is told to the religies, they will continue posting "that's just a theory" or "that's just your theory" - as if they had anything that even qualifies as a hypothesis.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130982 May 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Curly from the 3 stooges
I remember that quote - Maurice Switzer wrote it.
So which is it you aspire to, curious? Being a fool or being a stooge?
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#130983 May 19, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Smh
The higher law was instituted with Adam. It wasn't taken away until the period before Moses. The lesser law was instituted after the Exodus. Remember?
You don't understand the scriptures beyond scratching the surface, but you don't really listen after you have asked a question. You just look for the next thing to try to pick apart or discount.
Their was no higher law. See below

Romans 5:13
" Yes, people sinned even before the law was given. But it was not counted as sin because there was not yet any law to break."

Matthew.
20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

No Mormon can exceed the strict laws followed by the scribes and Pharisees, no Christians or Jewish. They are theocratic laws .. in secular society you cannot burn witches alive any more. Until you can burn witches alive and take slaves you will not make it to heaven.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#130985 May 19, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember that quote - Maurice Switzer wrote it.
So which is it you aspire to, curious? Being a fool or being a stooge?
Who was it that said? " We tend to remember those things that remind us of ourselves.
As for me , I aspire to neither , I am not an atheist..........

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130986 May 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was it that said? " We tend to remember those things that remind us of ourselves.
As for me , I aspire to neither , I am not an atheist..........
Not an atheist? Since when? You can't stop talking about them and you embody every negative trait you attribute to them. I think someone is in denial about their true faith.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#130987 May 19, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would you find more trustworthy ? A group that admits doubt or a group that denies doubt ?
Atheists are distrusted because of their beliefs and personal moral code. They don't doubt , they believe God does not exist.
Moreover, their morals are based on their personal selfish desires.
They try to justify incest between and their child as being acceptable as long as protection is used and both parties consent.
They consider this behaviour to be" icky" , thereby attempting to givie it the appearance that it is nonconsequential.
A child learns at an early age to bond to his/her parents, to trust them and are led to believe that the parent will never intentionally act against the child's best interest.
The parents are the protectors and authority figures in their lives.
For anyone to justify sex between a parent and his/her child as moral ignores the fact that the child trusts his/ her parent , that they wield power over their children.
Why would a daughter willingly have sex with her father?
Out of fear? Out of respect?
Out of the belief that she trusts her father not to do her wrong? Is that sacred trust not violated in order to fulfill the Father's desires?
Parents have a sacred duty to protect their children, not to seduce them and rape them based on the authority and power they wield over them...
However , that is what Yiago and PreK espouse.....and you probably do also
That is not consent, that is manipulating your child in order to fulfill one's immoral and selfish needs..........
To answer your question,when it comes to morals, I do not trust atheists.
The reasons why I would not trust an atheist is very plain....
Given their justification for incest , beastiality , necrophelia and unbridled and unsupervised sex with anyone at any time ,I would not trust them with my children , the dead or my pets

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130988 May 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are distrusted because of their beliefs and personal moral code. They don't doubt , they believe God does not exist.
Moreover, their morals are based on their personal selfish desires.
They try to justify incest between and their child as being acceptable as long as protection is used and both parties consent.
They consider this behaviour to be" icky" , thereby attempting to givie it the appearance that it is nonconsequential.
A child learns at an early age to bond to his/her parents, to trust them and are led to believe that the parent will never intentionally act against the child's best interest.
The parents are the protectors and authority figures in their lives.
For anyone to justify sex between a parent and his/her child as moral ignores the fact that the child trusts his/ her parent , that they wield power over their children.
Why would a daughter willingly have sex with her father?
Out of fear? Out of respect?
Out of the belief that she trusts her father not to do her wrong? Is that sacred trust not violated in order to fulfill the Father's desires?
Parents have a sacred duty to protect their children, not to seduce them and rape them based on the authority and power they wield over them...
However , that is what Yiago and PreK espouse.....and you probably do also
That is not consent, that is manipulating your child in order to fulfill one's immoral and selfish needs..........
To answer your question,when it comes to morals, I do not trust atheists.
The reasons why I would not trust an atheist is very plain....
Given their justification for incest , beastiality , necrophelia and unbridled and unsupervised sex with anyone at any time ,I would not trust them with my children , the dead or my pets
It appears that you have issues with religious cult behaviors, not atheists. Have you considered that with English as your second language you just have some terminology confused?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#130989 May 19, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not an atheist? Since when? You can't stop talking about them and you embody every negative trait you attribute to them. I think someone is in denial about their true faith.
Wrong again,nipplenose..
I DO Not advocate incest,beastiality,necrophelia or unbriidled and unreined sex for children begining at age 10 with anyone at any time......
It is true , I do make a point of discussing the real maladies that afflict atheists...
atheists,on the other hand , can not stop talking about a Being that they claim is nonexistent,
ignoring the fact that God is so imbedded in their psyche , that being the reason they are unable to stop mentioning His name...
My God lives and is deeply imbedded in the Psyche of those who outwardly claim His nonexistence

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#130990 May 19, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>Can you be more specific about what you'd like to see?
What you said you had

Location hidden

#130991 May 19, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>Think? What excuse does your Mormon brother "Cliven Bundy" have for not thinking? The Mormons have a militia ready to fight the government for land grabbing like the Russians?
What are you asking? I fail to see the relevance

Location hidden

#130992 May 19, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>If you were to say that I'm ignorant of the life and message of Jesus the nazarite (he wasn't called "Christ" until after he was martyred), it would be a falsehood. BTW, there is no "Gospel of Jesus Christ." There is no record that he ever wrote one. The canonized gospels are the first four books of the NT, being Mark, Matthew, Luke and John. There are other gospels of the period that were not included in the NT for various reasons - nothing from the BSOM qualifies.
I can't be sorry that you disdain the description of delusional because I believe it it is largely your choice. If it isn't your choice you deserve to be informed of the condition the same way you might advise someone to have their tinea treated.
Please tell us what you think the message is that He taught.
Gospel means good news. I said nothing about any book that He wrote.

I still don't know what bsom is. Do tell.

You should have your ego treated

Location hidden

#130993 May 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is a reason I use words like "likely". I am fully aware these events do not automatically keep your religion reliant, thus I used the word, likely. I look at the big picture of events and see likelihoods to determine truths.
The probability of your religion surviving without the crusades and inquisitions is low. As evidenced by your converts, they are mostly of the Christian faith before becoming Mormon.
Without the invasions in South America by Christian conquistadors, forcing religion upon the people, Mormon populations down there would be very low.

You can ignore the events of history and how they made your religion, but I cannot.
Play ball

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130994 May 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again,nipplenose..
I DO Not advocate incest,beastiality,necrophelia or unbriidled and unreined sex for children begining at age 10 with anyone at any time......
It is true , I do make a point of discussing the real maladies that afflict atheists...
atheists,on the other hand , can not stop talking about a Being that they claim is nonexistent,
ignoring the fact that God is so imbedded in their psyche , that being the reason they are unable to stop mentioning His name...
My God lives and is deeply imbedded in the Psyche of those who outwardly claim His nonexistence
Those are the kinds of things acted on by cult leaders and their followers - so now you are finally coming out against religious cults?

Location hidden

#130995 May 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Troasa answered 6 years ago

1- Stellar aberration.
2- Stellar parallax.
3- The Doppler Effect.
4- Retrograde motion of planets.
5- Phases of Venus.
What is this list supposed to represent?

Location hidden

#130996 May 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Everytime you dodge a question(which is daily) you put yourself behind.
?? Whatever

My more important priorities don't allow me to be on here as much as some of y'all

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#130997 May 19, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What you said you had
It was a pretty broad post covering numerous areas of science, so I was hoping you might like to focus on one, but I can give a brief overview of some of them.

In terms of archaeology, we have numerous civilizations, like the Egyptians, that have constant history throughout the period that flood supposedly occurred. This is like my example of the meteor hitting the US in the 1970s. There should be really obvious evidence that the culture was wiped out. For their history to simply continue unaffected contradicts the flood story. The same can be said of cultures like early native American groups or ancient China. Did Noah's small family engage in some form of super-breeding where they made millions of kids in a few years, genetically mutated them into different races and ethnic groups, and had them travel all over the world where they then continued the cultural practices of the people who had been wiped out, that they never knew?

In terms of geology, there's simply no record of a global flood, or a flood of that magnitude. The size of a flood necessary to fit the story of Noah's ark would be absurdly large, and it's effects on the geological record would be undeniable. We're talking about an event that supposedly wiped out 99.9999+% of life on Earth in rapid water burial. There should be a strata with an incredible amount of fossils showing this. There isn't.

In terms of logistics, there's no way to gather, store, or feed all the animals necessary on the ark. It's simply impossible.

A 600 year old man gathers all the animals on Earth into a boat. This is myth-making at its most obvious.

Location hidden

#130998 May 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So here you are today, fully believing that your prophet speaks to god, but you somehow are sure if you lived then, you would not believe the prophets spoke to god? How would you know?
Lived when? At what other time after the death of Jesus did there claim to be prophets that led His church?

Location hidden

#130999 May 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You often waste time telling me why you are not going to answer my questions, when you could spend that time trying to clarify your statements.
Sorry, your excuses for running do not hold water.
Answers to questions of faith aren't as cut and dry as math. The many, many, many times I have answered your questions don't appease you because there is no simple answer. I have repeatedly tried to explain to you the purpose of life here and why faith is important to His plan. Instead of trying to figure these answers out that you don't understand, you just announce that no answer has been given. I've even tried to get you to read scriptures (any of them) but you refuse because I can't give you a good enough reason (as if understanding what they are about isn't enough of a reason). God helps those who helps themselves. If you want to understand Him or His plans, put effort into doing so. You will never understand what I have told you unless you make the effort

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 2 hr Donald 58
KC Has a new Basketball Coach!!! (Jul '15) 3 hr panther 66
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 4 hr Quantummist 36
All the junky dead beats 10 hr Totally 1
Lice in bounce house bouncers ! 10 hr Party mom 6
No regrets 10 hr Good life 12
house cleaner wanted 12 hr justin 12

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance