Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
124,461 - 124,480 of 130,246 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

SistaNonYor wrote:
<quoted text>
1. I've answered them all, it is not my problem if you don't have what it takes within yourself, to comprehend the answers.
2. I've never "imitated" that the Bible as a whole is "correct", especially when dealing with dolts who would like to ignorantly insist that it is meant to be read literally verbatim .(because it's just discussion over then..lights are on ..but nobodys home type of thing).
3. I'm not the one trying to "reconcile a perfect deity with a faulty book"...you are.
4. I attest that spoon feeding "delusion" type stuff... is YOUR excuse...to try and further manipulate YOUR own mere opinion because...
5. doing so is just like having underdeveloped minds in a classroom, void of any actual REAL critical and deeper thinking skills, and trying to "CONvince" them they are brilliant and perfect, via handing out perpetual perfect scores, no matter the MANY FAULTS or lack of content in the perpetually, non-changing preformatted and often already been stated elsewhere and then recycled papers of....all for the sake of petty little egos, snake oil type bartering and circus style amusement .
Is that specifically clarified enough, as to my "personal perspective" on such?
1) You have not.* 2)The word was intimated, not imitated and I don't ever remember you >ever< criticizing a Christian literalist/fundamentalist. 3)I don't try to reconcile an imaginary being with an imperfect book. 4) Delusion is what it is. I'm not among the proponents of teaching kids fairy tales. 5)That made no sense. I'm not among the proponents of teaching kids fairy tales, snake oil handling and circus tent revivals so that they can grow into good little sheep of the flock devoid of critical thinking and condemning them to writhe in eternal torture if they don't think like the petty little egotistical preacher tells them to.
No, it is not, hypocrite.* You make somewhat more than vague and disorganized overtures toward your "personal perspectives" and then lambaste others for misinterpreting them. That's no one's fault but your own.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

SistaNonYor wrote:
<quoted text>
And deny the TRUTH of what it WAS--an act of political terrorism, performed by religious psychopaths with a jihadist agenda of caliphate?
Idiot, ignorant athiests.
You contradicted yourself in one sentence . Bravo..

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What? You accuse me of putting words in your mouth, but you do the same to me? Hypocrisy is ok then?
I didn't say anyone would be struck down at the first sign of doubt now did I? I'll save you the trouble of looking back. No I never said that or anything like it.
Ok, it was the conclusion of the ideas you spoke of. Just how am I wrong about it, as you failed to explain or clarify?
The calf worshippers doubted and built an idol. They were immediately struck down, and you said they had to be killed. And I repeating the story incorrectly? If so, I apologize. But if I am, and you do not correct what I said wrong, how am I to know it is not what you think?

But again, if I did misstate your belief, I apologize.

BTW, I never claimed it was something you said.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

SistaNonYor wrote:
<quoted text>
If I were Noah, traumatized and documenting what I saw happen during a major flood, I might've written in the exact same manner.
What is about metaphors, allegories etc, rather than verbatim, that you just do NOT seem to comprehend?
And as for "inspirations"-
I personally find this one to be DIVINE.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
New International Version (NIV)
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.
Noah didn't write the Pentateuch. Neither did Moses. The flood story was likely lifted from Sumerians, and their version of the story was different enough to BE a different story.

Paul the PR guy was not divine. That message is nice overall (sans the metaphysical crap)- but so are Carl Sagan's, Og Mandino's and Khalil Gibran's.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Jesus say any of His teachings would be easy to understand? In fact some of the most knowledgable people of the scriptures didn't understand His teachings. It makes total sense that you need to understand the fundamentals before you can understand the deeper doctrines. It really isn't dissimilar to math, or physics, or chemistry. My 6 year old is learning addition and subtraction but is not learning division or multiplication yet, and certainly not algebra.
You keep failing to tell us what the fundaments are? I feel I am well in touch with the fundamentals of Christianity. I was a Christian for longer than you were likely alive. So when you keep claiming we are just ignorant of the fundamentals and cannot back up the accusation, then you have nothing. It is another claim with zero evidence.
BTW, I continue to study Christianity even as an atheist.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Foreordained is different than predestined.
Like I said before. The Lord sometimes lets us see things for ourselves when we continue to refuse to take His answer.
Someone once said, "A difference not worth mentioning is no difference at all."
As I've said before. You have no evidence whatsoever of the veracity of your mystical rhetoric. You should stop couching your talk-talk as though it were truth, with or without a capital "T".

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Con artists rarely willingly die for their lies.
JS willingly died? That is not how I read the story. He may have put his life at risk for his con, but all con artists are taking large risks when bilking people out of their hard earned money based upon lies. I am sure many have died due to their acts of scamming.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's more important the right to be American and stand behind the constitution , or the right to be a Christian and stand behind a cross? That's all it boils down to.
Hey atheist without backbone,,
There is a huge difference between standing behind the constitution and hiding behind the constitution by filing an ill conceived ,malintentioned and deceitful lawsuit based on your calamitous faith...
That is what it boils down to..........
The courts are not standing behind the cross , the courts clearly ststed that the lawsuit was without merit.
Everyone , other than the atheists readily agress that the cross is NOT intended to represent Christiamity, it is what it is, a historical relic.
Certainly the Jews do not believe it is a Christian symbol, nor Muslims, nor Hindus
The only ones that make that baseless claim are the atheists like yourself....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if God knew he would do it, or if He just needed to show Abraham that he had that much faith. The way it is written makes it seem to me He was testing Abraham's faith before pouring out a blessing on him, allowing him the choice to be obedient or not. Seems like a lesson in obedience and trust in God over what we think we know now.
Ok, well I am getting confused of what Christian claimed what of Abraham. I think Curious believes Abe was never prepared to kill his son.
Someone claimed god already knew what was in Moses' heart. Was that you? If so, then would it not follow that god knew Abe's heart and needed no test? Does god just kinda sorta know what is in a persons heart? You know, in the way humans kinda sorta know what the other person is thinking, or what his likely intentions are?
It sounds like your god is a man, not a god.
And the fact you and Curious seem to contradict each other is not helping.
If I have something wrong, please elaborate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious but why are you against incest if protection is used?
"Against it"? You mean like make it illegal? I think that is taking freedom away. But freedom has its consequences. If someone has incest, it is highly likely to leave mental scars.
The bible fails to give any reasoning incest is bad. Good philosophy gives reasons.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
If he can do one, then why not all?
Tens of thousands of children die every week from famine, disease or being killed by other humans.
Maybe he could start by just curing cancer, or something big like this that kills so many innocents.
But the Christians seem to think there is a good reason all these innocents are dying of cancer, even as children. They see it as a good thing, not a bad thing.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey atheist without backbone,,
There is a huge difference between standing behind the constitution and hiding behind the constitution by filing an ill conceived ,malintentioned and deceitful lawsuit based on your calamitous faith...
That is what it boils down to..........
The courts are not standing behind the cross , the courts clearly ststed that the lawsuit was without merit.
Everyone , other than the atheists readily agress that the cross is NOT intended to represent Christiamity, it is what it is, a historical relic.
Certainly the Jews do not believe it is a Christian symbol, nor Muslims, nor Hindus
The only ones that make that baseless claim are the atheists like yourself....
Okay so those people want the cross displayed cause it's pretty ?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Sniff , sniff ,smells like bullshet....
I can glean tons by your nonresponse to what you called" just because some atheists said or did somethings that you disapprove of"
clearly indicates that YOU did not voice your disaproval and clearly indicates that you believe that type of behaviour to be inconsequential...
You only condemned them when I put you up against the wall and pointed a sword at your heart, you condemned them out of convenience , not your personal moral cose
As a matter of fact , in your forced condemnation , you intentionally left out the immoral behaviour of Hitchens and refused to address his admission that while married , he participated in 2 homosexual affairs and refused to address Madalyn O'hairs immoral belief that girls ,begining at the age of 10 should be allowed to have free and unreined sex with whomever ,whenever ans wherever they choose with no restrictions.
So yes, much can be gleaned from your answer , nothing good.
The rest of your post is the same nonsencical and baseless lies that you are wont to repeat
as a diversion every time you are asked to STAND UP and defend your faith,
I have noted that, not able to and ashamed to defend your atheist faith you now claim to be a humanist..........
Yokessssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Where will it end?
Bullshit you say?

So when I claim that you support the divine sanction killing homosexuals in the OT, you say I'm talking bullshit.

So you don't support it then?

Why don't you just say so?

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL So, you ,justice and the other atheists are still licking their wounds over the fact that the lawsuit filed by AA org and which all you atheists endorsed was thrown out by the courts
As a result of the filing of that lawsuit which claimed that as a result of the existence of said cross,the defendants are duffering inter alia from Dys PEPSI a, Anxiety,depressiom ,mental anguish headaches and other maladies.
While the rest of the countruy and the world were grieved and in mourning over these tragic events,the atheists were feeling dyspepsided over a cross beam ,that as a result of this tragedy, took the form of a cross..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSS
what a revolting development that turned out to be..........
Post the lies you claim or crawl back into your dingleberry paradise
It was never going to win but what was encouraging was that it got as far as it did.

A sure sign that things in America are looking up as the talons of Christianity start losing their grip.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
9/11 must have been a good day for you. Thousands of people lost their loved ones and millions of people were traumatized .. But you think that day and its ripple effect on our economy is all about some debris that fell in the form of a cross ? Yea that's exactly why everyone was so traumatized you a*s. You bask in the opportunity to make this a twisted, distorted point about your hate for atheism.
. C.P.syndrome strikes again
Christians in here are certainly defined by their hatred

curious is no exception.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always been a little odd to me that A&E ate from the tree and thus learned right from wrong - and knowing right from wrong as the heavenly host did they were susceptible to sin. Along comes God with 400 +/- commandments and He proceeds to break many of them without sinning Himself.
Briefly consider one of the stories: Mary was virginal and married (which is peculiar to begin with). By impregnating her and plotting that the resultant child be killed and resurrected, just how can YHWH be innocent of adultery, murder and necromancy?
Under the insane bible god's law, Mary should have been stoned.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

SistaNonYaforsure wrote:
Talk about a load of twisted and distored CRAP
Oh, OK, seeing as you ask.

I'd like to talk about Christianity and the Bible.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And your personal moral code easily comes unwound when the facts are presented.
That which you call your moral code is like the clouds , changes as the wind blows.
A morass as the foundation anda feeble mind as it's author..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
That is one revolting deverlopment you got yourself into
The fruits of atheism have carried over to secular humanism converts
Morality should change.

Moral relativism is what it's all about as opposed to the dumb absolutes you adhere to.

It's alright, don't try to understand it - it'll only make your brain hurt.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your ineptness ignorance and gullibility that has permitted me to out you 3 times.
Now we know that duket/Prek are one and the same. It was your ineptness that got you trapped
visiting the Nations Capital which you did not deny when I asked you and trfused to address my question, Then you claimed tht you meant the capital of England....That has also been proven to be alie, then you fellhook ,line and sinker by devuiging the time , based on your location, which I DO Believe is the State of South Carolina....Heh heh Heh..........
Your ineptness is further evidenced by your futile effort to con me with you post, which you have readily admitted has failed..........
As Ray Charles clearly stated in his hit song you were " Born to Lose"
Truth is, I did a real good job of fooling you.

I'm laughing at you.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

SistaNonYor wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What then differentiates humanity from the rest of the mammal kingdom, if not for such?
.....Introduction of moral codes
When did ethics begin and how did it originate? If one has in mind ethics proper—i.e., the systematic study of what is morally right and wrong—it is clear that ethics could have come into existence only when human beings started to reflect on the best way to live. This reflective stage emerged long after human societies had developed some kind of morality, usually in the form of customary standards of right and wrong conduct. The process of reflection tended to arise from such customs, even if in the end it may have found them wanting. Accordingly, ethics began with the introduction of the first moral codes......
"Ethics". Encyclopedia Britannica. last accessed 5/0/2014.
< http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/194... ;
Try and ask a question that's at least relative to the post you're attempting to answer.

If you can't do that, it's best you just shut up.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 31 min Republicans Are S... 16,129
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 40 min Republicans Are S... 149,917
Need 10 dozen Praches and Cream Corn 40 min friend 2
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 1 hr Your fan 1
Exposing the UNITE ponzi pyramid scheme! 2 hr no why 4
Churches 3 hr Preached 3
Melinda and Anthony affair 4 hr Hung 7

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000