Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 134,337

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#130438 May 11, 2014
SistaNoneYor wrote:
<quoted text>
And in this nation, we certainly have the freedom to do so.
Yes we do, and we can even show the negatives of it. Of course you condemn this except when you do it. Well actually you condemn it when you do it, you just do not realize you are condemning yourself.
If you wish to show the positives of it, fine. It is good to have both sides of the story. To bad you do not like that or see the positive value in it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130439 May 11, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You fooled me allright . I didn't think you'd be inept ald gullible enough to fall into my traps
and by your own admission your nonsencical and inept attempt to get back at Failed.
You ain't laughing , you are "Drowning In a Sea of Tears" Don Gibson " 1958
Gimme your address in South Carolina and I will Email you a life preserver C/O Mike Duket
zipitydoodah,,,,,,,,,,LOL
You must bind your wounds
and dry your tears
As you have been outed
After all these years..........
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss
It was pretty clear to me he used sarcasm, as evidenced by the lol. But you never were able to pay attention to detail.
Look up the word 'delusional", as Du what focused on the part about many being conspiracy theorists and feeling everyone is after them.
Oh, and I would like to point out how you keep claiming victory here.

Words every Christian needs to learn about; hypocrisy, contradiction, delusion, irony.
You and most every Christian on this thread are guilty of at least one of these with most every single post.
It is a good reason to think your ideas are wrong.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#130440 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>There is no historical indication that the bible god and its writings began earlier than a few hundred years BCE.
Not of the biblical god in the priests' own images but there is the epic of Gilgamesh, so there is historical indication of much earlier plagiarism.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130441 May 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is, I did a real good job of fooling you.
I'm laughing at you.
Wait.......you mean you are not me?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130442 May 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not of the biblical god in the priests' own images but there is the epic of Gilgamesh, so there is historical indication of much earlier plagiarism.
Well religions pretty much always plagiarize from other religions and mythical stories. It is human nature.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130443 May 11, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey atheist without backbone,,
There is a huge difference between standing behind the constitution and hiding behind the constitution by filing an ill conceived ,malintentioned and deceitful lawsuit based on your calamitous faith...
That is what it boils down to..........
The courts are not standing behind the cross , the courts clearly ststed that the lawsuit was without merit.
Everyone , other than the atheists readily agress that the cross is NOT intended to represent Christiamity, it is what it is, a historical relic.
Certainly the Jews do not believe it is a Christian symbol, nor Muslims, nor Hindus
The only ones that make that baseless claim are the atheists like yourself....
Wait, you are bitching about deceit and you claim the cross is not about Christianity? What? You must be joking?
First, we here are not a part of the law suit, so we used no deceit as you charged. But you just used deceit in claiming the cross is not intended to represent Christianity.
Hypocrite. Look up the word please.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130444 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>JS willingly died? That is not how I read the story. He may have put his life at risk for his con, but all con artists are taking large risks when bilking people out of their hard earned money based upon lies. I am sure many have died due to their acts of scamming.
Hey me, I just had an epiphany. I think Joseph Smith had the same realization. If your scam is called a religion, it is not considered a crime in America.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#130446 May 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>I am not calling you the name "delusional," I'm describing the practice of living out a fantasy.
It is not my "opinion" that plants were not created before the sun, that Jonah did not survive 3 days in a fish, that a deity did not part the Red Sea or that a social reformer did not literally and miraculously walk on water. Neither is it my "opinion" that the sky is up, that water is wet or that fire is hot.
You make statements that are completely unsubstantiated and play games with words to avoid being accountable for substantiating those statements - because YOU CAN'T and you CAN'T because they are not grounded in reality. That is what I read of your experiences, views and clues and it is the same as what any other rational intelligent thinking person would. If you find that insulting, stop saying inane things.
I really don't care if you think I'm not a rational intelligent thinking person. I really don't care if you think in delusional. I really don't care if you want to be insulting while acting like you aren't. Call my beliefs fantasy if you want to. You apparently can't have a respectful conversation with someone that believes differently than you do. More power to you

Location hidden

#130447 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You can feel you have answered all my questions, but that is delusional. I can show questions you have not answered, as I keep doing so, and you keep avoiding. You deny something that has evidence.
What am I denying that has evidence?

Location hidden

#130448 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>How many times must I repeat myself? I am fully aware that you believe you have been given evidence even though you claim it is not needed. You are simply repeating yourself and not answering the questions. I fully understand your statement. Any parts that I am confused about, I will ask about. And for some reason you keep avoiding those questions, and just keep repeating the same Thing over and over.
Why do you answer the same post twice differently as if it were two different conversations?

Also why do you suppose an answer can only be given that you find acceptable?

Location hidden

#130449 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am sure the 9/11 hijackers have the same exact philosophy.
I wouldn't know

Location hidden

#130450 May 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>You are reading both more and less into it than the story tells you. You forget that (or are delusionally oblivious to), this was written by the human Jewish priests for the human Jewish people. No deity need apply.
Seriously, what kind of response are you expecting to get from this?

Location hidden

#130451 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Despite the propaganda of atheists never actually trying this, I have asked the god, and he does not answer.

I do not feel this forum is complete waste of time, as I learn more and more of why people believe in gods. You take me into your mind, as you try to justify mass murder. I am better able to understand the mass murder of 9/11. I need to understand, and you have been helpful in this understanding.
You show me how you deny factual evidence, and simply accept the claims of the holy books without question.
Yeah this is what I mean. You don't really want to know God. You wish to understand the minds of us simpletons that believe in Him. What you described is not the same as what I said.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#130452 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Hey me, I just had an epiphany. I think Joseph Smith had the same realization. If your scam is called a religion, it is not considered a crime in America.
You're right take a look a the list of christian sects we may have to debate one day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christia...
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#130453 May 11, 2014
The Making of a Moonie: Choice or Brainwashing? is a 1984 book written by British sociologist Eileen Barker

The Unification Church:

"The Lord of the Second Advent is to be born on the earth as the King of Kings...We are not to expect the return of Jesus himself, but another Messiah - a man who will be born in Korea...

Barker writes that she rejects the "brainwashing" theory as an explanation for conversion to the Unification Church, because, as she wrote, it explains neither the many people who attended a Unification Church recruitment meeting and did not become members, nor the voluntary disaffiliation of members.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Making_of_a_...

Location hidden

#130454 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If one denies and has not seen evidence, then why should he be punished for doing so?
And why expect one to believe with no evidence?
Why is this one denying? Because of lack of evidence? What type of evidence? What effort has this one made in trying to contact God?

Most humans at one point in their life will wonder why we are here on this earth, and how did we get here. Many ask what is the purpose of life, and wonder if there is more than what they now know. My opinion is because their spirit is eternal, they feel they are a part of something bigger than just what they see in today's world.
Why it must be without evidence goes back to what I said about removing the free will to believe in Him or not if He were to prove to all of us that He exists. He wants us to follow Him because we want to, not because we are afraid of consequences if we don't.

Location hidden

#130455 May 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well if Jesus did show himself, and a person still denied him, then he is in delusion. But if the Jesus does not show himself, or evidence, then their is no delusion.
I hope you have read the definition of the word.
But you have yet to tell us why one should believe when no evidence is there? You have touted some theories as to the problems of evidence, but that does not explain why one is expected to believe with no evidence. They are two different paradigms. One does not explain the other, no matter if you "feel" it does or not.
Even your first sentence has a flaw. Peter denied Jesus, but it was not because he was delusional.

Yeah, it does answer the question. I have told you God's plan and what would happen to this plan if He did as you wish Him to.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#130456 May 11, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't care if you think I'm not a rational intelligent thinking person. I really don't care if you think in delusional. I really don't care if you want to be insulting while acting like you aren't. Call my beliefs fantasy if you want to. You apparently can't have a respectful conversation with someone that believes differently than you do. More power to you
I'm not being insulting. If you were 4'11" and 275 lbs, you'd be short and obese. Maintaining against all rational conversation that you were tall and skinny would be a delusion. If you are blonde you're blonde, bald you're bald or Irish you're Irish. It is what it is and no amount of denial changes anything. You maintain that what has overwhelming amounts of correlated data and incontrovertible evidence is an opinion and that the completely unsubstantiated and unfounded theology of your sect is factual. If you were rational or thinking you would never have made those claims.
Delusion. It's what's for supper.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#130457 May 11, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is this one denying? Because of lack of evidence? What type of evidence? What effort has this one made in trying to contact God?
Most humans at one point in their life will wonder why we are here on this earth, and how did we get here. Many ask what is the purpose of life, and wonder if there is more than what they now know. My opinion is because their spirit is eternal, they feel they are a part of something bigger than just what they see in today's world.
Why it must be without evidence goes back to what I said about removing the free will to believe in Him or not if He were to prove to all of us that He exists. He wants us to follow Him because we want to, not because we are afraid of consequences if we don't.
Their are Mormons who are born in convent who belong to the LDS faith well into senior years and served a leaders of your wards. Later they rejected the church as false and no longer believed the doctrines of the LDS. Some where missionaries in foreign lands.

The story sounds similar to your leaving the Methodist or protestant church for the same reason they left the Mormon faith. Do you see a connection as why this happened?

Did they not also pray in earnest to God to lead them to truth with decades of service and teaching the Mormon faith. Then to discover that it was for nothing. What do you think about these ex brothers and sisters of yours that could make them change their minds?
ship space

Monticello, KY

#130458 May 11, 2014
U people off topic!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brenda Shupe 56 min bit_h ur wrong 5
fire station or not 1 hr concerned 7
CSC starting pay (Nov '11) 3 hr Seriously 17
wreck in flat lick 5 hr Lol 5
dustin patterson 5 hr Crazy 2
Buster Townsley 13 hr ritty 2
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 17 hr Princess Hey 635
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Sun Physics_Works 71

Winter Storm Warning for Knox County was issued at March 03 at 4:24PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:58 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:58AM
Vince Young Registered at NFL Vet Combine