Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
123,901 - 123,920 of 129,042 Comments Last updated 54 min ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You seemingly and WRONGLY propagate and CONfuse "anti-semetics" with the Ottoman/Christian type wars.
2. You WRONGLY lump and label WW1 as being "anit-semetic religion" based, when in actuality and FACT, the "Great War aka WW1 of Europe and Hilters era-- was far less based on tha of "antisemetics" that you are CONfusing with imperialism, anglo-saxism and the INhumanity of social Darwinism of the 18th century...and were in FACT-far MORE based upon militarism and ARMS RACES, Nationalismm and European countries and thier alliances in he quests of imperialism in Europe, in quests of power and control.
And
3. The initial post on Roosevelts plan to help alleviate the horrors of scapegoated populations during the WW1 stage--ALREADY blew your "anti-semite" crap out of the water anyway.
So if the primary cause of the war was not anti-Semitic, then anti Semitism cannot be charged as a motivator in the killings?
Talk about narrow minded black and white thinking.
Wars are complex. To narrow the cause of them to one thing is ignorant.
You guys seem to do this on many subjects.
Roosevelt is one man. Are you generalizing the sentiments of an entire peoples based upon the sentiments of one man?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

John wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it dude. You got schooled. I got better things to do then argue with evolutionary bums. Good luck trying to convince people the New Testament was written by murderous dictators.
Claiming victory for yourself? Curious will think you feel you are perfect.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Just can't ADMIT it can you...that you had your Ignorance-stamped with a big red X on it-- handed back to you on a FACT FILLED platter.
Sounds like a personal problem..as in YOURS.
Claiming victory for yourself? Curious will think you feel you are perfect.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Did not..that was included in the (NON-semetic, FALSE propoganda crappola) of OTHER.
So there.
Not sure how you equate that to a claim of it being JUST anything. Do you know what the word "just" means?
You guys keep making claims you cannot back up.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean when you made a bunch of irrelevant posts that had nothing to do with the discussion at hand?
Me: 2+2 = 4
You: WRONG! Springfield is the Capital of Illinois!
<quoted text>
The problem is on your end. You can't even follow a conversation.
Face it, Roosevelt helped the Jews, thus no Americans were anti Semitic. Hitler was anti Semitic, thus no Germans were anti Semitic. Why can you not follow that basic pattern of logic?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a plaskit globe and some lessons in four digit numbers too?
I have no idea what "plaskit" is, and what a globe is going to teach me about the history of anti Semitism?

Mike Duquette wrote:

<quoted text>If you wish me to believe Christians do not have a long history of anti Semitism, you have a lot of selling to do.
Calling us names is not selling your claims.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "Blind faith"...
Not since God saved me!
No... the Human world will not self destruct....
It's going to be wiped clean by the one who created it!
I was set straight... in 04!
Thank you Jesus!
You might have hit bottom and gone straight in '04, but the rest is just collateral damage talking.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the Mozilla CEO,
cake bakers, B&B's, and wedding photographers....
It's searchable.... check it out!
Do you have a point? The Mozilla CEO, cake bakers, B&B managers and wedding photographers are (presumably) knowledgeable about their professions. So what?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give ya a point for that ":any rational person....." comment though Duquette...
(obviously...talk about a dysfunctional part missing a few nuts and bolts.)
So you are admitting you are not rational? You use absolutes often. You seem to feel anti Semitism played no part in the holocaust. You try to sell this idea by not discussing it and diverting to other issues involved with the war(s).
Now just keep posting things that have nothing to do with anything we are discussing.
You sound like the crazy guy on the street corner talking to himself.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Wonder of wonders ,,, You , like duket ,interpret every response to your posts as being indicative as agreeing with your absurd postings.
Again,take your candy ass to brunei and lodge your complaints against Sharia laws to the mullahs.
Unfortunately for you, they will not deal with you in the same manner as Christians AND that is precisely the reason why you will not travel there...
Instead , you will remain in your hideout and secret location in your homeland ,,Kertucky America USA..........
You are a troll and a twit which makes you a T T Gasp...
YIkessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssss
"every post"? That is an absolute. And it is an absurd claim to make.
Do you refuse to address our every post? If so, then it would make your claim a bit more true. But the issue is, you are diverting from the topic. If you run from a debate, then you are forfeiting.

I await for you to tell us just what is Christian about freedom of religion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Desperate times call for desperate measures,,, And it is obvious that you are in desperation mode .
So , you ask a nonsensical hypothetical question in an attempt to defend your calamitous faith..........
Let me ask you this
What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the voice of Chris Hitchens and he informed you that all his blatherings while on earth were wrong, that he now knows that God is real Would you then believe in God?
What is nonsensical about his hypothetical? Just claiming it is nonsense means nothing. Use logic and reason for once in your life, please?
BTW, when Yes and amen was asked this, he said he would kill his daughter if he thought god wanted him to do so.
I find the question very important.
Personally, I think you would kill for your god, without question.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
Now then curious.
Seeing as I habe your attention,
How about answering one of the many questions I've asked that you keep running away from?
Let's try the one about the Muslims.
What do you think about Muslims who slice off their womens clitorisis?
What do you think about Muslims who kill women who want an education?
What about Muslims who behead, stone and amputate people for a range of minor infractions?
When you see such barbarism what are your honest thoughts?
No,you don't have my attention and no,since I am not a Muslim and that is not my Faith,I am not going to get into a discussion on that subject with an atheist....Stick to the topic.
I am talking about atheism and it's many maladies.
You need to discuss the Muslim religion with the Mullahs and hope you catch them in a good mood before they declitorise you....LOL
You are a blooming idiot. Stay on Topic.
I know that you are unable to legitimately defend the maladies that afflict the members of your faith and are trying by any and all means to avoid doing so.
Any faith that can only be defended by avoiding the truth is not worth defending
Disinvertebrate,it is the solution......
Slinkies are spineless and not worth emulating

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Desperate times call for desperate measures,,, And it is obvious that you are in desperation mode .
So , you ask a nonsensical hypothetical question in an attempt to defend your calamitous faith..........
Let me ask you this
What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the voice of Chris Hitchens and he informed you that all his blatherings while on earth were wrong, that he now knows that God is real Would you then believe in God?
Let me show you how to use reason to demonstrate a poor hypothetical.
Lets use your hypothetical here.
If I were convinced the voice was coming from heaven, then it shows I have already accepted the believe of heaven. So it would stand to reason I would accept the god in heaven.

You see, we do not believe voices are coming from heaven. Why would we?

But your hypothetical is claiming if we presented actual evidence of a heaven, would we believe in a god. Well I think we have been saying all along, if we were presented evidence, we would believe. We keep asking you for evidence, but you cannot present any.
Then you claim we must just have faith without evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
What amazes me is the fact that mankind in general believed in creation by an intelligent creator that is till Darwin came long and introduced the theory of evolution that different ones began to believe the big bang theory that nobody can prove.
There is evidence for the big bang, and the theory of evolution. No evidence will ever convince someone who accepts the creation story with zero evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,you don't have my attention and no,since I am not a Muslim and that is not my Faith,I am not going to get into a discussion on that subject with an atheist....Stick to the topic.
You need to discuss the Muslim religion with the Mullahs and hope you catch them in a good mood before they declitorise you....LOL
I know that you are unable to legitimately defend the maladies that afflict the members of your faith and are trying by any and all means to avoid doing so.
Any faith that can only be defended by avoiding the truth is not worth defending
We are aware you are obsessed with atheism and cannot stray from that topic.
But if you think about it, that topic concerns Islam. 9/11 lead to my atheism. The demonstration of mass murder by those who are believers of a god that has zero evidence made me realize my own belief of god was evidence free. You see, 9/11 made me question my beliefs. I see you refuse to question your beliefs. You run from the discussion of Islam, because you must know it is very much like your own beliefs. And of course that would show your beliefs as wrong, and you do not admit when you are wrong.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that in your world my God has preferred billing above any other Being , idea or faith.
It is my God, whom you constantly talk about, not zeus or odin.
It is my God that is constantly in your thoughts,not zeus, not odin ,not your wife,kids or parents.
It is my God that causes you to go to your computer each and everyday in order to make mention of His name,which you can not help yourselves, as He has A GRIP ON YOUR MIND THAT YOU FIND IMPOSSIBLE TO BREAK.
Please , do not bring up the topic of backbone , I've been using that same example to poitn out the fact that you atheists need to Disinvertebrate.........
BTW The new Slinkys in yellow go on sale this week at Walmart.
Be sure to buy one for all your atheist friends in honor of their spineless faith
What is that old 3 dog night hit of the 70's
Disinvertebrate , disinvertebrate and dance to the Music
Rest assured if there were any believers in the Greek and Norse gods in here I would treat them far better than you get treated.

Why?

Because they don't try to scare people into believing in their myths by threatening them with eternal torture.

As for being spineless:

The lack of a backbone is entirely yours as you repeatedly refuse to answer the questions asked of you.

Why?

Because you don't like what you see in yourself and you're too much of a coward to face up to it.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have known that you'd side with the Muslims,; after all, they are your brothers-in-delusion.

Unlike civilised people, you fail to be revolted by female circumcision.

We can see that you agree wholeheartedly with the stonings, beheadings and amputations.

What about killing girls who want an education? "Bitches deserve it" is what youi think.

After all, how can you possibly disagree with what Allah wants given that he and your god are one and the same?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you my honest answer...First of all, I believe your hypothetical question is nonsensical,more or less, atrick question,based on your umbelief.
There is absolutely no reason that I could imagine ,as to why My Lord,Jesus Christ,would ask me to kill anybody..
All evidence points otherwise.
" I have come so they may have life and have it more abundantly'"
" Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
I have come to give my life as a ransom for many
Killing my children would serve no useful purpose.
Moreover , if someone were to ask me to do so, whoever that someone may be, I believe that I would know whether that someone is Jesus or not....
Now ,if we choose to address thatt issue in Science fiction terms, we can use Dracula as an example.
Dracula comes around ,sucks on someones neck ,as a result they become part of the undead and in order to get them out of their misery,you gotta drive a stake through their heart...
So, If my Lord asked me to commit such a deed, I am sure that he would provide me with
a reason and an objective as to why I should perform his commands.
If he ever asks me, then He and I will discuss those reasons.
Could be that , like Abraham, He may be testing my faith...
Yet , Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac....
Just in case you ask..........
I am pleased to hear you would at least ask for logic and reason. And the lack of logic and reason is why I do not believe your god is real, or the commandment in the bible are of a god. They lack logic and reason.

What concerns me is, what logic do you need to kill your children? If the god told you that they will one day be atheists, and thus be your enemy, would that be enough logic? What if he claimed it would ultimately slow his goals of having all worship him? You know, like the reasons for Moses having his followers kill three thousand of their own people, men women and children. You keep claiming their was logic and reason behind that slaughter. I really do not see it being moral.
So logic or reasons do not equate to being moral logic, or moral reasons.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you my honest answer...First of all, I believe your hypothetical question is nonsensical,more or less, atrick question,based on your umbelief.
There is absolutely no reason that I could imagine ,as to why My Lord,Jesus Christ,would ask me to kill anybody..
All evidence points otherwise.
" I have come so they may have life and have it more abundantly'"
" Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
I have come to give my life as a ransom for many
Killing my children would serve no useful purpose.
Moreover , if someone were to ask me to do so, whoever that someone may be, I believe that I would know whether that someone is Jesus or not....
Now ,if we choose to address thatt issue in Science fiction terms, we can use Dracula as an example.
Dracula comes around ,sucks on someones neck ,as a result they become part of the undead and in order to get them out of their misery,you gotta drive a stake through their heart...
So, If my Lord asked me to commit such a deed, I am sure that he would provide me with
a reason and an objective as to why I should perform his commands.
If he ever asks me, then He and I will discuss those reasons.
Could be that , like Abraham, He may be testing my faith...
Yet , Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac....
Just in case you ask..........
Abraham did not expect god to supply logic or reason. He just went off to kill his son. He answered the hypothetical. He would do as god asked, no matter what.
The same question we are asking is the one god asked Abraham. You said it was a stupid hypothetical. Are you saying god asked a stupid hypothetical? Are you saying Abraham was wrong not to expect logic and reason from god?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2014

Judged:

curious wrote:
My bad....You were asking about killing the little girl next dooor../
I used my children as an example....
I don't have a little girl living next door
Just as the bible used Abrahams own child as the example to teach you how to act.
The bible surely tells this story to teach you to just do as god demands, and do not expect logic and reason. If not, then what is the lesson?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 18 min I think 23
New club in Barbourville? 21 min Wally 14
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 48 min JOE NASTY 147,249
Teresa Johnson and Rex 7 hr wondering 5
john sowders 8 hr Lay student 10
Please Ladies answer this question for me 8 hr LMAO 7
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 hr Gfm 81,565
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••