Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148132 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Ocoee, FL

#130397 May 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's more important the right to be American and stand behind the constitution , or the right to be a Christian and stand behind a cross? That's all it boils down to.
Hey atheist without backbone,,
There is a huge difference between standing behind the constitution and hiding behind the constitution by filing an ill conceived ,malintentioned and deceitful lawsuit based on your calamitous faith...
That is what it boils down to..........
The courts are not standing behind the cross , the courts clearly ststed that the lawsuit was without merit.
Everyone , other than the atheists readily agress that the cross is NOT intended to represent Christiamity, it is what it is, a historical relic.
Certainly the Jews do not believe it is a Christian symbol, nor Muslims, nor Hindus
The only ones that make that baseless claim are the atheists like yourself....

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#130398 May 10, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if God knew he would do it, or if He just needed to show Abraham that he had that much faith. The way it is written makes it seem to me He was testing Abraham's faith before pouring out a blessing on him, allowing him the choice to be obedient or not. Seems like a lesson in obedience and trust in God over what we think we know now.
Ok, well I am getting confused of what Christian claimed what of Abraham. I think Curious believes Abe was never prepared to kill his son.
Someone claimed god already knew what was in Moses' heart. Was that you? If so, then would it not follow that god knew Abe's heart and needed no test? Does god just kinda sorta know what is in a persons heart? You know, in the way humans kinda sorta know what the other person is thinking, or what his likely intentions are?
It sounds like your god is a man, not a god.
And the fact you and Curious seem to contradict each other is not helping.
If I have something wrong, please elaborate.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130399 May 10, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious but why are you against incest if protection is used?
"Against it"? You mean like make it illegal? I think that is taking freedom away. But freedom has its consequences. If someone has incest, it is highly likely to leave mental scars.
The bible fails to give any reasoning incest is bad. Good philosophy gives reasons.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#130401 May 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
If he can do one, then why not all?
Tens of thousands of children die every week from famine, disease or being killed by other humans.
Maybe he could start by just curing cancer, or something big like this that kills so many innocents.
But the Christians seem to think there is a good reason all these innocents are dying of cancer, even as children. They see it as a good thing, not a bad thing.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#130402 May 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey atheist without backbone,,
There is a huge difference between standing behind the constitution and hiding behind the constitution by filing an ill conceived ,malintentioned and deceitful lawsuit based on your calamitous faith...
That is what it boils down to..........
The courts are not standing behind the cross , the courts clearly ststed that the lawsuit was without merit.
Everyone , other than the atheists readily agress that the cross is NOT intended to represent Christiamity, it is what it is, a historical relic.
Certainly the Jews do not believe it is a Christian symbol, nor Muslims, nor Hindus
The only ones that make that baseless claim are the atheists like yourself....
Okay so those people want the cross displayed cause it's pretty ?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#130403 May 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Sniff , sniff ,smells like bullshet....
I can glean tons by your nonresponse to what you called" just because some atheists said or did somethings that you disapprove of"
clearly indicates that YOU did not voice your disaproval and clearly indicates that you believe that type of behaviour to be inconsequential...
You only condemned them when I put you up against the wall and pointed a sword at your heart, you condemned them out of convenience , not your personal moral cose
As a matter of fact , in your forced condemnation , you intentionally left out the immoral behaviour of Hitchens and refused to address his admission that while married , he participated in 2 homosexual affairs and refused to address Madalyn O'hairs immoral belief that girls ,begining at the age of 10 should be allowed to have free and unreined sex with whomever ,whenever ans wherever they choose with no restrictions.
So yes, much can be gleaned from your answer , nothing good.
The rest of your post is the same nonsencical and baseless lies that you are wont to repeat
as a diversion every time you are asked to STAND UP and defend your faith,
I have noted that, not able to and ashamed to defend your atheist faith you now claim to be a humanist..........
Yokessssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Where will it end?
Bullshit you say?

So when I claim that you support the divine sanction killing homosexuals in the OT, you say I'm talking bullshit.

So you don't support it then?

Why don't you just say so?

Nottingham, UK

#130404 May 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL So, you ,justice and the other atheists are still licking their wounds over the fact that the lawsuit filed by AA org and which all you atheists endorsed was thrown out by the courts
As a result of the filing of that lawsuit which claimed that as a result of the existence of said cross,the defendants are duffering inter alia from Dys PEPSI a, Anxiety,depressiom ,mental anguish headaches and other maladies.
While the rest of the countruy and the world were grieved and in mourning over these tragic events,the atheists were feeling dyspepsided over a cross beam ,that as a result of this tragedy, took the form of a cross..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSS
what a revolting development that turned out to be..........
Post the lies you claim or crawl back into your dingleberry paradise
It was never going to win but what was encouraging was that it got as far as it did.

A sure sign that things in America are looking up as the talons of Christianity start losing their grip.

Nottingham, UK

#130405 May 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
9/11 must have been a good day for you. Thousands of people lost their loved ones and millions of people were traumatized .. But you think that day and its ripple effect on our economy is all about some debris that fell in the form of a cross ? Yea that's exactly why everyone was so traumatized you a*s. You bask in the opportunity to make this a twisted, distorted point about your hate for atheism.
. C.P.syndrome strikes again
Christians in here are certainly defined by their hatred

curious is no exception.

Nottingham, UK

#130406 May 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It's always been a little odd to me that A&E ate from the tree and thus learned right from wrong - and knowing right from wrong as the heavenly host did they were susceptible to sin. Along comes God with 400 +/- commandments and He proceeds to break many of them without sinning Himself.
Briefly consider one of the stories: Mary was virginal and married (which is peculiar to begin with). By impregnating her and plotting that the resultant child be killed and resurrected, just how can YHWH be innocent of adultery, murder and necromancy?
Under the insane bible god's law, Mary should have been stoned.

Nottingham, UK

#130407 May 10, 2014
SistaNonYaforsure wrote:
Talk about a load of twisted and distored CRAP
Oh, OK, seeing as you ask.

I'd like to talk about Christianity and the Bible.

Nottingham, UK

#130408 May 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
And your personal moral code easily comes unwound when the facts are presented.
That which you call your moral code is like the clouds , changes as the wind blows.
A morass as the foundation anda feeble mind as it's author..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
That is one revolting deverlopment you got yourself into
The fruits of atheism have carried over to secular humanism converts
Morality should change.

Moral relativism is what it's all about as opposed to the dumb absolutes you adhere to.

It's alright, don't try to understand it - it'll only make your brain hurt.

Nottingham, UK

#130409 May 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your ineptness ignorance and gullibility that has permitted me to out you 3 times.
Now we know that duket/Prek are one and the same. It was your ineptness that got you trapped
visiting the Nations Capital which you did not deny when I asked you and trfused to address my question, Then you claimed tht you meant the capital of England....That has also been proven to be alie, then you fellhook ,line and sinker by devuiging the time , based on your location, which I DO Believe is the State of South Carolina....Heh heh Heh..........
Your ineptness is further evidenced by your futile effort to con me with you post, which you have readily admitted has failed..........
As Ray Charles clearly stated in his hit song you were " Born to Lose"
Truth is, I did a real good job of fooling you.

I'm laughing at you.

Nottingham, UK

#130410 May 10, 2014
SistaNonYor wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What then differentiates humanity from the rest of the mammal kingdom, if not for such?
.....Introduction of moral codes
When did ethics begin and how did it originate? If one has in mind ethics properói.e., the systematic study of what is morally right and wrongóit is clear that ethics could have come into existence only when human beings started to reflect on the best way to live. This reflective stage emerged long after human societies had developed some kind of morality, usually in the form of customary standards of right and wrong conduct. The process of reflection tended to arise from such customs, even if in the end it may have found them wanting. Accordingly, ethics began with the introduction of the first moral codes......
"Ethics". Encyclopedia Britannica. last accessed 5/0/2014.
< http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/194... ;
Try and ask a question that's at least relative to the post you're attempting to answer.

If you can't do that, it's best you just shut up.

Nottingham, UK

#130411 May 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Fact, every Christian here is following a book that details instructions to kill people for things that are not a crime today in America.
Fact, every Christian here has defending killing for things that are not crimes in America.
That's right.

Which is why man's secular laws are so much better than the laws of the bible god.

Nottingham, UK

#130412 May 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You contradicted yourself in one sentence . Bravo..
LOL

The bible does that a lot

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#130413 May 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>de·lu·sion·al [dih-loo-zhuh-nl]

having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions: Senators who think they will get agreement on a comprehensive tax bill are delusional.

Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness: He was so delusional and paranoid that he thought everybody was conspiring against him

The word used to describe what you are doing fit the definition. It is not an opinion that you deny the facts of the matter, you are denying the facts that have evidence. Thus they name is not an opinion.
What facts am I denying? Your beliefs are just as much opinion as mine are. You saying my beliefs are false and that I am delusional is nothing more than an insult and that's the way you mean it when the word is used. I guess now you are saying I am mentally insane now too?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#130414 May 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So Aaron was given the same supposed evidence of god that the calf worshippers did, yet he was spared. That contradicts your earlier claim that these people had to die due to the loss of free will of belief.
You made an absolute claim, then showed that it was not absolute.
It is a contradiction. Contradictions show flaws in ideas.
Maybe you should just claim god and Moses wanted them to be killed, instead of claiming they had to be killed.
There is no morality in the story, no matter how you try to spin it, so at least try to make a statement that is not full of contradictions.
We don't have much detail on this part of the story. We don't know if maybe Aaron was forced to do it. Or tricked into doing it. We have no clue. For all we know they had Aaron's wife or mother with a blade to her neck. I bet God wishes you could look for the truth as well as you look for reasons to deny it.
SistaNonYor

Manchester, KY

#130415 May 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
1) You have not.* 2)The word was intimated, not imitated and I don't ever remember you >ever< criticizing a Christian literalist/fundamentalist. 3)I don't try to reconcile an imaginary being with an imperfect book. 4) Delusion is what it is. I'm not among the proponents of teaching kids fairy tales. 5)That made no sense. I'm not among the proponents of teaching kids fairy tales, snake oil handling and circus tent revivals so that they can grow into good little sheep of the flock devoid of critical thinking and condemning them to writhe in eternal torture if they don't think like the petty little egotistical preacher tells them to.
No, it is not, hypocrite.* You make somewhat more than vague and disorganized overtures toward your "personal perspectives" and then lambaste others for misinterpreting them. That's no one's fault but your own.
Well you finally got some thing correct-I am NOT into pitchforking OR "lambasting" others, because generally that's a HUGE waste of time, of dopey people with nothing better to occupy themselves with...unless of course, they some how INcorrectly and arrogantly assume THEIR perceptions are the ONLY perceptions.
Then, yes, I might have a couple things to say--like too bad-"gong and WRONG"..

Peabrain.
SistaNonYor

Manchester, KY

#130416 May 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You contradicted yourself in one sentence . Bravo..
No, I did not. YOU just misinterpreted something wrong.

GONG.
SistaNonYor

Manchester, KY

#130417 May 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah didn't write the Pentateuch. Neither did Moses. The flood story was likely lifted from Sumerians, and their version of the story was different enough to BE a different story.
Paul the PR guy was not divine. That message is nice overall (sans the metaphysical crap)- but so are Carl Sagan's, Og Mandino's and Khalil Gibran's.
And you find that mentionable worthy, why? Because of the historical precedence in relation to the origins of the Sumarians, and contextual edits prior perhaps?

Did I say "Paul" was "divine"? NO, I said that particular stanza as directed to the Coriinthians, was "divine"...and the rest of the literature you referenced would be, as anything else of a similar nature-personal preference and MERE Opinion, because certainly, there are others, that would vehemently DISagree with you on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenny bucannon mills 7 min Concerned 6
Cindy Carnes and all her job opportunuties (Jun '15) 8 hr The Industry 13
City school prom sucked 10 hr Dee sprinkles 1
229 black Chevy trailblazer 10 hr Wondering 6
Board Meeting 10 hr New in town 54
morgan grant 11 hr fed up 30
Jennifer Jordan 14 hr June 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages