Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,411

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#129744 May 3, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey , if Sharia law bothers ya, complain to the Mullahs, Get your candy ass out of Kentucky
and head out to Brunei and voice your protest....
But remember, by leaving Kentucky you will be forfeiting the rights provided you by a Christian nation, Freedom of religion and which fully protect your homosexual rights.
I n Brunei , atheism and homosexuality can lead you into that which you fear , Beheadings,stonings and amputations.....
That is why you will not leave America and the protection it affords you based on It's Christian principles and head for Brunei....Where you will become DEAD MAN WALKING
I'll take your complete failure to answer the question as your agreement that I'm right.
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#129745 May 3, 2014
People who swallow this stuff as literally true are delusional. Trying to argue with them is futile.
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129746 May 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take your complete failure to answer the question as your agreement that I'm right.
LOL Wonder of wonders ,,, You , like duket ,interpret every response to your posts as being indicative as agreeing with your absurd postings.
Again,take your candy ass to brunei and lodge your complaints against Sharia laws to the mullahs.
Unfortunately for you, they will not deal with you in the same manner as Christians AND that is precisely the reason why you will not travel there...
Instead , you will remain in your hideout and secret location in your homeland ,,Kertucky America USA..........
You are a troll and a twit which makes you a T T Gasp...
YIkessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssss
i wanna know

Monticello, KY

#129747 May 3, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
I check with YAA and Du Whut... that Jehovah and Jesus are one in the same. That means that Jesus is the homicidal God of the old testament. Hitler was a Catholic, By your logic you must hate Catholics, Mormons and the protestants because they followed Hitler who murdered millions only on a smaller scale the Jehovah aka Jesus. So you are wrong in your thinking. It's Jehovah in a Jesus suit.
why do you talk so stupidly?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#129748 May 3, 2014
i wanna know wrote:
<quoted text>why do you talk so stupidly?
You call that a rebuttal, lol. If you cannot refute what I said that is your problem.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129749 May 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you've not been asked.
However, what if you were?
What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the god of the Bible talking to you?
What if that voice told you to go and kill the family across the road because they were unbelievers and had offended your god?
Would you obey?
Desperate times call for desperate measures,,, And it is obvious that you are in desperation mode .
So , you ask a nonsensical hypothetical question in an attempt to defend your calamitous faith..........
Let me ask you this
What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the voice of Chris Hitchens and he informed you that all his blatherings while on earth were wrong, that he now knows that God is real Would you then believe in God?
TommyDale

Greensburg, KY

#129750 May 3, 2014
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
I hope your sons and daughters are forced into bible studies in public schols. They will have to study the Muslim's Koran, The Buddahists Book, The Hindi Book, Cow worship, statue worship, Mary worship, idol worship, satan worship, earth wiccan worship, etc...... you open the door baby... and that is what u will get... everyone will have their turn of teaching their own religion. u can't just say one religion. ha ha ha... this will be a hoot!! i cant wait to watch u drown in your own stupidity. You will scream for religion to be removed from the public school,. lol lol..... i cant wait to see you get a dose of your own medicine.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#129751 May 3, 2014
"One outlet is one outlet!"

Brilliant! Oh, wait.....no, it isn't. It makes no sense at all.
***chuckles***
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129752 May 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>My custom? First, I did not respond to my post, I made a statement in reference to my post. Second, how often do I do this? And third, you sure are not debating my posts.
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup , you made a statement in reference to your post,where you agreed with yourself that you were right..........Self righteousness..........
In essence
" Iam agreeing with my statement that I am right, "
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssss

I
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129753 May 3, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"One outlet is one outlet!"
Brilliant! Oh, wait.....no, it isn't. It makes no sense at all.
***chuckles***
Ok Chucklehead ,so what is your point?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#129754 May 3, 2014
What amazes me is the fact that mankind in general believed in creation by an intelligent creator that is till Darwin came long and introduced the theory of evolution that different ones began to believe the big bang theory that nobody can prove.

Nottingham, UK

#129755 May 3, 2014
Anti-gov wrote:
F*ck the bible...
Yeah, I guess if you've got the inclination and a drill, you could do that.

Nottingham, UK

#129756 May 3, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Wonder of wonders ,,, You , like duket ,interpret every response to your posts as being indicative as agreeing with your absurd postings.
Again,take your candy ass to brunei and lodge your complaints against Sharia laws to the mullahs.
Unfortunately for you, they will not deal with you in the same manner as Christians AND that is precisely the reason why you will not travel there...
Instead , you will remain in your hideout and secret location in your homeland ,,Kertucky America USA..........
You are a troll and a twit which makes you a T T Gasp...
YIkessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssss
And why is it that Christians don't deal with you like Muslims do? After all Christians and Muslims are practically identical.

Just like you, they justify murder and mayhem by referring to their holy book.

Anyway, back to my question.

It wasn't that long ago when Christians would indeed deal with you like the Muslims do today.

Fortunately, free thinkers and secularists have declawed the Christian tiger. Now all it can do is purr and crap in your garden.

Nottingham, UK

#129757 May 3, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Desperate times call for desperate measures,,, And it is obvious that you are in desperation mode .
So , you ask a nonsensical hypothetical question in an attempt to defend your calamitous faith..........
Let me ask you this
What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the voice of Chris Hitchens and he informed you that all his blatherings while on earth were wrong, that he now knows that God is real Would you then believe in God?
My honest answer is that if I was convinced it was Hitchens talking to me then I would think that there is something out there. However, I would hedge my bets on which god it was till I saw for myself.

There, I've been honest with you - now you be honest with me.

If you were convinced your god was ordering you to kill the little girl next door, would you obey?
inspector

United States

#129758 May 3, 2014
What
Bad Mammy Jammy

Greensburg, KY

#129759 May 3, 2014
Sue wrote:
Our school was founded on beliefs of the bible. Schools began in churches. How could it be wrong to teach morals? To me, it's unconstitutional to not teach what our founding fathers believed so much in.
Sue, you poor pitiful fool. schools began in the churches? ha ha ha. where did u find this info? sorry to disappoint you, but u are wrong again. The founding fathers? Have you researched those founding fathers? ha ha ha. U really are ignorant. These fathers were whoremoungers, slave owners, racists, masons that believe in satanic worship.... you have been brain washed with american propaganda. research the founding fathers!! ha ha ha
if you allow religion and outward display of prayer in the tax supported public school,, then your old child will have to pray a muslim prayer, a satanic prayer, a wiccan prayer, a catholic prayer to Mary, and all of the other religions prayers. You cant just pick and choose what prayers and religions u will allow. have fun.... u and your old child will really be *F* up. ha ha ha. u get what u deserve when u destroy the separation of church and state.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#129760 May 4, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me ask you this
I can't speak for Khatru, but if I hear auditory hallucinations I'm going to seek medical advice. You might be readily convinced that they are voices from heaven or ghostly spirits, but that just illustrates my point.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#129761 May 4, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
What amazes me is the fact that mankind in general believed in creation by an intelligent creator that is till Darwin came long and introduced the theory of evolution that different ones began to believe the big bang theory that nobody can prove.
It doesn't take much to amaze you, does it? Would you care to elaborate on how you think the BBT and the ToE are related or provide "proof" of an intelligent creator?
People used to think that lightening was thrown by Zeus or Thor or was a direct punishment from Jehovah. Now we know it is a static discharge - or do you still think Jehovah throws magic bolts?
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129762 May 4, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
My honest answer is that if I was convinced it was Hitchens talking to me then I would think that there is something out there. However, I would hedge my bets on which god it was till I saw for myself.
There, I've been honest with you - now you be honest with me.
If you were convinced your god was ordering you to kill the little girl next door, would you obey?
Let me give you my honest answer...First of all, I believe your hypothetical question is nonsensical,more or less, atrick question,based on your umbelief.
There is absolutely no reason that I could imagine ,as to why My Lord,Jesus Christ,would ask me to kill anybody..
All evidence points otherwise.
" I have come so they may have life and have it more abundantly'"
" Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I have come to give my life as a ransom for many

Killing my children would serve no useful purpose.
Moreover , if someone were to ask me to do so, whoever that someone may be, I believe that I would know whether that someone is Jesus or not....
Now ,if we choose to address thatt issue in Science fiction terms, we can use Dracula as an example.
Dracula comes around ,sucks on someones neck ,as a result they become part of the undead and in order to get them out of their misery,you gotta drive a stake through their heart...
So, If my Lord asked me to commit such a deed, I am sure that he would provide me with
a reason and an objective as to why I should perform his commands.
If he ever asks me, then He and I will discuss those reasons.
Could be that , like Abraham, He may be testing my faith...
Yet , Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac....
Just in case you ask..........
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129763 May 4, 2014
My bad....You were asking about killing the little girl next dooor../
I used my children as an example....
I don't have a little girl living next door

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Nick Mandel and Amy Gray 12 min losers 4
Social security 32 min John 3
Amanda Jordan 32 min looking 3
knox co. needs mike baker for jailer 54 min Gray Citizan 1
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 1 hr Flat Licker 1
Free Goat 3 hr Sunshine 3
Where's Susie hibbard 4 hr Jessie 4
who will you vote for as jailer 6 hr Please stay on track 41
who got arrested at bville walmart? 10 hr Ky Resident 4
Barbourville Dating