Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 163753 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130227 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I ever say anything even similar to that? Of course there was a King Herod, and there almost as certainly was a man named Jesus - but "like Jesus"? By what kind of "logic" do you conclude that he must have walked on water and came back from the dead?
By what kind of "logic to you conclude"... to think that would literally be anythingthing I conclude??
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130228 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is your point, tea party hypocrite? That working for the industrial barons at the barely livable wages and conditions they set was better or worse than starving to death in Ireland or southern Italy?
No, actually that was not the point. Try another?
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130229 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're in no position to offer any psychological diagnoses or comment on intelligence, SistaIndependentPsycho.
Too " SPOT ON" for the swallowing ?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#130230 May 9, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
By what kind of "logic to you conclude"... to think that would literally be anythingthing I conclude??
Because you are alluding to "everything in a book must be true if one thing in the book is true".
That is inductive logic. It's what you do.
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130231 May 9, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so defensive ....don't you know "a slap in the face"...it's a figure of speach.
Cleopatra and Complex...what an oxymoron ....your such a Googliar..lol
e
Like said-I just find some figures of speEch abusive, dripping with vileness.

Never use the googtool for tools..it lacks a lot in content as well

(and I didn't name the psychological complex, I just referenced it).

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130232 May 9, 2014
CM wrote: "What is your point, tea party hypocrite? That working for the industrial barons at the barely livable wages and conditions they set was >>better or worse<< than starving to death in Ireland or southern Italy?"
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually that was not the point. Try another?
Shake away your mental fog and read it again. I did not state any point, I queried you about yours.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130233 May 9, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Too " SPOT ON" for the swallowing ?
I haven't seen any evidence that Justice has a Cleopatra complex. Perhaps you project one through being intimidated and jealous?
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130234 May 9, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I will give you that. So have you read the book of Mormon? I would wager you have not, and have read at least most of the book of your parents belief. I am sure you do not read outside your box.
Actually yes, I did give it a look through many years ago.

Dude, I keep trying to tell you dolt types, it was science books and papers at my house growing up....with a lot of other books melded in. My parents encouraged that type of thing, as they weren't some sort of commie dictators with some sort of freakish brainwashing or book banning agenda.
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130235 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
CM wrote: "What is your point, tea party hypocrite? That working for the industrial barons at the barely livable wages and conditions they set was >>better or worse<< than starving to death in Ireland or southern Italy?"
<quoted text>
Shake away your mental fog and read it again. I did not state any point, I queried you about yours.
You did..and that was not the point.

The point was wide spread, all aboard the band wagon propoganda of the FALSE kind.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130236 May 9, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
You did..and that was not the point.
The point was wide spread, all aboard the band wagon propoganda of the FALSE kind.
You have not answered either of the questions I asked. What is your point and do you think the European immigrants were better or worse off?
What "false" bandwagon propaganda, Malthusian tea bagger? That the robber barons took advantage of the immigrants to work their mills and factories? Not a few of them were immigrants themselves and for them the streets >were< lined with gold.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#130237 May 9, 2014
Joel
2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward,[that] I will pour out
my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters
shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men
shall see visions:
2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those
days will I pour out my spirit.
2:30 And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth,
blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
2:31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into
blood, before the great and terrible day of the LORD shall
come.
2:32 And it shall come to pass,[that] whoever shall call on the
name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in
Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in
the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

His Spirit is upon ALL flesh....
We have many people believing in God, or gods, and
a few that refuse to believe in a god for un-righteous reasons!

Now... if you refuse to know God is real....
is it because you're just blind, or
because you are part of the enemy???
Are you damned from the gate, or just ignorant???
I'd want to know if that was the case!
Am I damned, and doomed, or....
do I have a chance for salvation???
In the last verse....
"whoever shall call on the
name of the LORD shall be delivered"!
If you really want to know.... Call on the name of the Lord...
You'll be glad you did!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130238 May 9, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Like said-I just find some figures of speEch abusive, dripping with vileness.
Never use the googtool for tools..it lacks a lot in content as well
(and I didn't name the psychological complex, I just referenced it).
Don't get your panties in a wad over how something is said when you are routinely clueless about what was said.
Google is primarily a search engine. If you aren't savvy enough to assemble a proper query string and discern the relevant results, it's no one's defect but your own.
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130239 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't seen any evidence that Justice has a Cleopatra complex. Perhaps you project one through being intimidated and jealous?
There has to be one that is applicable for your tenacious ability of twisting and distorting every thing to backwards and opposite too.
I would look, but that would require time, and I choose not to waste such so...how about you just stop being so petty.
(Whats a matter chump, the real truth about some things doesn't fit your spoon fed, stereo type of dark age supposed to be miserable? TOO bad on You!!!)
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130240 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get your panties in a wad over how something is said when you are routinely clueless about what was said.
Google is primarily a search engine. If you aren't savvy enough to assemble a proper query string and discern the relevant results, it's no one's defect but your own.
I find it's priorities to be severely lacking at times, full of holes, thus time wasteful, as well as containing over flows of nothing but disease replicating garbage.

And I continue to stick to what I said about abusive and violent overtones.
SistaNoneYa

Elyria, OH

#130241 May 9, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You have not answered either of the questions I asked. What is your point and do you think the European immigrants were better or worse off?
What "false" bandwagon propaganda, Malthusian tea bagger? That the robber barons took advantage of the immigrants to work their mills and factories? Not a few of them were immigrants themselves and for them the streets >were< lined with gold.
With trim colored paint of tenement houses, packed wall to wall and elbow to elbow, stand in line for the flush?

Worse off than in comparison to what? The black plague? Streets lined with open ditches, implemented for the soup du jour toss of the day?

A lot of places in the early days of the 19th century, weren't all that much different, from that of industrialized Europe, when anyone considers the REAL America of the time.

You know, before the days of fwee and libuhrulTic type welfare and slackerism.

Lovely weather today-no cow patties required.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#130242 May 9, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't recall a lot of sh*t...Especially that I'm not an Atheist ...!!'
And , I am awaiting for you to provide evidence that I lied
Perhaps you are referring to the maladies that the AA org. claimed were afflicting them

You already know about the lawsuit filed by the American Atheists challenging the cross, claiming that their plaintiffs are experiencing " dyspepsia depression, headaches, anxiety, and mental pain and anguish" - not from the devastating destruction of life caused by the terrorists on 9/11 - but as a "direct and proximate result of the unconstitutional existence of the cross.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#130243 May 9, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
let us see if you stated that you did not condone that type of behaviour
I listed the following
It would take a highly intelligent atheist like Lawrence Krauss to defend incest and necrophelia
It would take an intelligent atheist like Madalyn O'hair to suggest that 10 year old girls should be given free rein to have sex with whom ever and whenever
It would take an intelligent atheist like Peter Singer to condone beastiality , with the animals consent of course
It would take an intelligent atheist like Hitchens to condone his behaviour of having 2 homosexual affairs while married. to his wife.
To which you responded
Pre K So you've listed the names of some atheists who have said/done things of which you disapprove.
Certainly you did not condem that behaviour, you tried to brush it off as things of which I disapprove.....
Now, as is your custom, when you get caught with your pants down , you offer an intentionally misleading and deceitful excuse that" I know full well that you don't condone incest ,necrophelia ,etc etc,
No, I don't know that , you never claimed to condone it when you had the opportunity to do so..........Only after the fact..........Lying hypocrite..
The rest of your posting you know full well is inaccurate and misleading , We have dealt with that issue and you continue spouting the samemisleading lies.
There isnot much I can do abvout that ,as a pathological liar will continue his lies ...
Your lies are all based on defending your faith..........
Any faith that has to be defended by lies is not worth defending......
Pre K...

Should read(No, I don't know that , you never claimed to condemn it when you had the opportunity to do so..........Only after the fact..........Lying hypocrite..

And you did not condemn the sex begining at age 10 for girls as espoused by Ohair and certainly had nothing to say about Mr. Hitchens 2 illicit homosexual affairs while married to his wife..........

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#130244 May 9, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Because people who don't think like you, do believe in it.
You didn't give me a reason.
do whut wrote:
They work together by first having faith, then the rest makes more and more sense the more you learn. Why things are the way they are, start coming together. Milk before meat
To be blunt: that doesn't make any sense. This isn't true of any form of knowledge.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#130245 May 9, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he told everyone what happened and followed His commands even through all the many obstacles.
A con artist would have made the same choices. That isn't evidence that he believed his own stories.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#130246 May 9, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it's priorities to be severely lacking at times, full of holes, thus time wasteful, as well as containing over flows of nothing but disease replicating garbage.
And I continue to stick to what I said about abusive and violent overtones.
ITS priorities are lacking? It's going to provide links to what you asked for. If you don't like the answers you get, either put on your big boy panties and face the facts or ask relevant questions.
There is really a pretty simple remedy to your issues with Google results being disease replicating garbage..
Stop typing search strings like: "SistaNoneYa wrote"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who did the city cops ram tonight next to rt 11 40 min loser 3
Does the Bible really teach Free Will? 1 hr Rebecca 5
James Patterson 1 hr Laugh at it all 28
lawsuit against cops 1 hr Citizen 7
Matt Smith 3 hr Jess 6
Davenport family... 4 hr jacob 9
ginseng 4 hr Veritas 6
Darren k West Voted Knox co Biggest FOOL ! 5 hr tax payer 31
jerry garlands estate (Jun '11) Mon Wondering 40

Barbourville Jobs