Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 138039 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#129839 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Hey Bifocals, put on your hearing aids so you can see what you are reading'
I answered your trick question, obviously not the answer you were hoping to get
"So, IF my Lord asked me to commit such a deed, I am sure that he would provide me with
a reason and an objective as to why I should perform his commands.
IF he ever asks me, then He and I will discuss those reasons.
Could be that , like Abraham, He may be testing my faith...
Yet , Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac....
Just in case you ask.."
........See the IF in there..........
BTW Chroe is very concerned about your mental state,,,Something about you hearing voices
from heaven/////////
What passage in the bible indicates that Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac? Are you claiming he just carried Isaac up to the alter and pulled out his knife and raised it up in some sort of act, and was not going to obey gods order?
Sorry, but that is not what the bible says. Do you have some different bible?

Abraham did not get any reasons from god. He just obeyed him.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129840 May 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right
If you're hearing hearing voices it's odds on that you're having psychiatric problems.
And note how Curious scoffs at the suggestion.
At least Curious would ask for logic and reason. It is the first time I heard him expect logic and reason, much less from a god.
I am glad he does not assume god knows more than he and would not just do as god says without a reason or logic. Now I am not sure of his standards of logic, but it is a start.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129841 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct....And ample reasons and their objectives were given for those commandments ,which were specifically given to the Jewish congregation........As yoiu wellknow......
Do you care to elaborate on the reasons and objectives of God's commands pertaining to HIS instructions to the Jewish nation
Do you care to elaborate on them?
If god told you to kill your children for those reasons, would you do it?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#129842 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And note how Curious scoffs at the suggestion.
At least Curious would ask for logic and reason. It is the first time I heard him expect logic and reason, much less from a god.
I am glad he does not assume god knows more than he and would not just do as god says without a reason or logic. Now I am not sure of his standards of logic, but it is a start.
That's what it boils down to - curious has admitted that he knows more than his god.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129843 May 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Just answer the question you started to answer but decided to stop.
You said that if your god asked you to kill a child you would listen to his reasons.
What then?
Do you obey your god or do you reject his authority and refuse to carry out his orders?
Let us put your trick question,based on your atheist beliefs, in perspective.
You are implying,as I understand it, that my God would ask me to kill some little girl that lives next door.
I have absolutely no reason to believe my God would make such a request, therefore your question is based on your ignorance and therefore does not merit an answer.
But , let us take it further.
Why would God make such a request?
What reason could He give that would persuade me to OBEY His command.
I CAN NOT THINK OF ANY SITUATION WHERE THAT WOULD OR COULD OCCUR.
But if He Did, then , as He did in deuteronomy, He would explain the reasons and objectives for His Commandments, where He stated that sex outside of marriage defiles a person, homosexuality defiles a person,incest defiles a person and the list goes on.....The objective was for the Jews to lead a holy life and be an example to the surrounding nations where immorality was rampant.
Today we clearly see what He meant by defilement among homosexuals , their disatrous lifestyle in their personal lives and their calamitous effect on society.
Some,like yourself, would claim that stoning them, as stated in the OT is immoral. But today we all know that homosexuals invite their own deaths by their immoral lifestyle,which you condone.
We also know the disatsrous effects of sex outside of marriage,incest and beastiality among others.
God intended for mankind to lead holy lives, which man,in order to fulfill his sinful desires,rebels against.
Now, atheists do nort believe in sin, they seek to condone this type of behaviour as being normal.
That is why some atheists seek to justify incest, homosexuality , sex outside of marriage and other ills that afflict society as being permissible.
Does the God I worship want those who He created to live such decrepit and immoral lives, No
Christ came so we can have life and have it more abundantly, He came with a plan that would free us from the slavery to sin.
As He said, Come to me,those who are heavily laden, for my Yoke is easy and I will give you rest.
That is what I have found in my life and I believe that is what Yaa has found in his life,for which he credits God.
Of course ,atheists will mock us for our beliefs,but we knew that beforehand.
And,as people like to say, the proof is in the pudding.
Those who have accepted Christ and continue to follow His teachings ,rejoice and their mind is renewed.
They are no longer slaves to their human desires, whereas ,those who deconvert can not make the same claims.
They are afflicted by the many maladies that studies indicate afflicts them as enumerated by one of your leaders.
Instead of being free from such immoral and destructive behaviour as incest, sex outside of marriage,homosexuality etal they seek to justify such behaviour in order to satisfy their immoral conduct '
Therefore feeing justified in arrogantly and self righteously claiming that " they have never committed an act for which they need feel ashamed......
If you are unable to glean an answer to your question from that which I have posted,then your atheistic faith has put you in a worse mental state than I imagined..........
I do not pattern my lifestyle based on the philosophies of such as Madalyn O'hair , Peter Singer, Krauss , Nambla , Hitchens or Dawkins........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129844 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I answered your question , you don't like the answer as it does not fit in with your disdainful, ignoble and onerous faith.
So you still insist in asking tricky and misleading questions ,all in an attempt to justify
the faith that is known to cause many mental and physical maladies as I have previously documented many times..........
The problem you face is that You ASKED a dishonest question and my honest answer
is more than you can handle....
Your lack of morals and lack of integrity is made very obvious in the dishonest and devious wording of your question....
However, your lack of morals and deviousness does not come as a surprise,as you have made those abundantly clear in your postings.
The question is the same as the one god asked of Abraham. You answered very differently than Abraham. And your answer contradicts what you have previously said of your god. So it is reasonable to question your honesty.
And it matters not if we like your answer. But you should expect we would ask for clarity. Why would you expect no follow up questions? You act like a politician who gives a statement and runs from follow up questions. It is a sign of dishonesty.

But again, I am glad you question god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129845 May 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice points - all of which will be added to the long list of unanswered questions trailing behind curious as he makes his hasty getaway from these issues.
Curious vanishes when the hard questions come. We know he is reading them. We know he is not doing anything important. We know he is simply running. He surely knows his answers would reveal his beliefs as flawed. The question is, why does he ignore his own understanding of this?
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#129846 May 5, 2014
Schools DID begin in the Churches. They educated ONLY future priests and members of royalty. They kept everyone else ignorant and blinded by religion and docile and easily controlled.

Thank evolution that's not true today. Anyone who is interested can walk into a library and read for themselves.
Bad Mammy Jammy wrote:
<quoted text>
Sue, you poor pitiful fool. schools began in the churches? ha ha ha. where did u find this info? sorry to disappoint you, but u are wrong again. The founding fathers? Have you researched those founding fathers? ha ha ha. U really are ignorant. These fathers were whoremoungers, slave owners, racists, masons that believe in satanic worship.... you have been brain washed with american propaganda. research the founding fathers!! ha ha ha
if you allow religion and outward display of prayer in the tax supported public school,, then your old child will have to pray a muslim prayer, a satanic prayer, a wiccan prayer, a catholic prayer to Mary, and all of the other religions prayers. You cant just pick and choose what prayers and religions u will allow. have fun.... u and your old child will really be *F* up. ha ha ha. u get what u deserve when u destroy the separation of church and state.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129847 May 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said the Bible is a history book. It is the inspired word of God.
The Bible is an eye witness account of historical events without error
So you assume the men who wrote the bible are perfect?
If you think the bible is telling a history, with some perfection, I think one could call that a book of history. But I really do not expect any consistency from you. I fully expect glaring contradictions, as you just made.
Do you think the Koran is an eye witness account of historical events without error?
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#129848 May 5, 2014
Lots of people are only pretending to go along. They know the religious nuts will boycott their businesses and hamstring them any way they can to prove that they are "right".

Think about this example. No atheist or agnostic has ever been elected to a major public office in America. The religious morons pick their candidates by trying to decide which one is the most religious. That's why stuff is so f*cked up.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129849 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What passage in the bible indicates that Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac? Are you claiming he just carried Isaac up to the alter and pulled out his knife and raised it up in some sort of act, and was not going to obey gods order?
Sorry, but that is not what the bible says. Do you have some different bible?
Abraham did not get any reasons from god. He just obeyed him.
What is obvious to those who diligently seek ,is hidden from fools.....

16 I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.”

17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself,“Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?” 18 And Abraham said to God,“If only Ishmaelmight live under your blessing!”

19 Then God said,“Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac.[a] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.”

5 He said to his servants,“Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then We WILL COME BACK TO YOU.”

6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham,“Father?”

“Yes, my son?” Abraham replied.

“The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said,“but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”

8 Abraham answered, GOD HIMSELF WILL PROVIDE THE LAMB FOR THE BURNT OFFERING And the two of them went on together.

Nottingham, UK

#129850 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
You are implying,as I understand it, that my God would ask me to kill some little girl that lives next door.
I have absolutely no reason to believe my God would make such a request, therefore your question is based on your ignorance and therefore does not merit an answer.
But , let us take it further.
Why would God make such a request?
What reason could He give that would persuade me to OBEY His command.
I CAN NOT THINK OF ANY SITUATION WHERE THAT WOULD OR COULD OCCUR.
But if He Did, then , as He did in deuteronomy, He would explain the reasons and objectives
So the answer is you would kill the child.

Why don't you just say so.

Now you need to be kept away from children and sharp objects.

By the way, you do realise you're no different to Abubakar Shekau?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-272833...

He has kidnapped over 200 schoolgirls and is selling them into slavery.

Why?

"God instructed me to sell them, they are his properties and I will carry out his instructions," he said.

That's what the man says.

Nottingham, UK

#129851 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
5 He said to his servants,“Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then We WILL COME BACK TO YOU.”
So you're saying that Abe knew all along it wasn't for real and that he was just humouring God?

More like Abe was lying to his servants. If he told them he was going to kill his son, the servants would have stopped Abe.
curious wrote:
6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham,“Father?”
“Yes, my son?” Abraham replied.
“The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said,“but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”
8 Abraham answered, GOD HIMSELF WILL PROVIDE THE LAMB FOR THE BURNT OFFERING And the two of them went on together.
Abe was lying to Isaac. If Abe told Isaac he was intending to cut his throat, Isaac would have run off and Abe would have been too old and slow to catch him.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129852 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>What is nonsensical about his hypothetical? Just claiming it is nonsense means nothing. Use logic and reason for once in your life, please?
BTW, when Yes and amen was asked this, he said he would kill his daughter if he thought god wanted him to do so.
I find the question very important.
Personally, I think you would kill for your god, without question.
Duckit
Personally , I don't care what you believe since it is obvious from your aberrational beliefs that you are not of a sound mind.
Facts you have been unable to refute and that those who share your aberrational beliefs are afflicted by.
Suicide and suicidal tendencies, deep depression, anxiety , loneliness,feeling abandoned,
turning to drugs and alcohol as a way to escape from aforementioned maladies....
Confirmed by many reputable studies,including a candid admission by one of your atheist leaders and to an extent, confirmed by A A org. in their lawsuit.......
having said that, It would be extremely difficult to rely on your beliefs as some type of moral guide....Forget the difficult ,replace that with IMPOSSIBLE under any and all circumstances.......
And I can sense the frustration you , Pre K , Box , Chroe , Lodi and Yiago must expereience on a daily basis in attempting to convince yourselves that your erratic beliefs are correct while at the same time being unable to convince those that believe that their beliefs are wrong.
You all are truly , Failed Atheists..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
DISINVERTEBRATE AND DANCE TO THE MUSIC,INSTEAD OF ATTEMPTING TO BURDEN OTHERS WITH YOUR AFFLICTIONS
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#129853 May 5, 2014
Crazy people almost invariably yammer and yammer about religion. There are a few of them who go on and on about ET, instead though. Seriously, get a clue.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Duckit
Personally , I don't care what you believe since it is obvious from your aberrational beliefs that you are not of a sound mind.
Facts you have been unable to refute and that those who share your aberrational beliefs are afflicted by.
Suicide and suicidal tendencies, deep depression, anxiety , loneliness,feeling abandoned,
turning to drugs and alcohol as a way to escape from aforementioned maladies....
Confirmed by many reputable studies,including a candid admission by one of your atheist leaders and to an extent, confirmed by A A org. in their lawsuit.......
having said that, It would be extremely difficult to rely on your beliefs as some type of moral guide....Forget the difficult ,replace that with IMPOSSIBLE under any and all circumstances.......
And I can sense the frustration you , Pre K , Box , Chroe , Lodi and Yiago must expereience on a daily basis in attempting to convince yourselves that your erratic beliefs are correct while at the same time being unable to convince those that believe that their beliefs are wrong.
You all are truly , Failed Atheists..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
DISINVERTEBRATE AND DANCE TO THE MUSIC,INSTEAD OF ATTEMPTING TO BURDEN OTHERS WITH YOUR AFFLICTIONS
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129854 May 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that Abe knew all along it wasn't for real and that he was just humouring God?
More like Abe was lying to his servants. If he told them he was going to kill his son, the servants would have stopped Abe.
<quoted text>
Abe was lying to Isaac. If Abe told Isaac he was intending to cut his throat, Isaac would have run off and Abe would have been too old and slow to catch him.
Thanks for confirming that you are a FOOL in wolves clothing.
You are blind as an atheist bat and like their droppings your atheist faith is very toxic.
Thereby your need to defend it by any deceitful manner you can imagine,as youhave done up to now..........
DISINVERTEBRATE AND YOU WILLFEEL GREAT..........

Now, go worship your yellow slinky idol and don't worry about bending backwards to do so.
With that lack of backbone , Ican well understand how you managed to get your head up your (*)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#129855 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Billions are not convinced of your god. In fact, a tiny minority believes in the Mormon god. Most humans on earth do not believe in the Christian god. Most humans on earth do not believe in the bible. Why? Well one reason is an absolute lack of proof. I think that is reason enough that a real god would present actual evidence.
I ask again, is it fair to condemn a person for not believing in something that is completely lacking any actual evidence? I have asked you this several times, you refuse to answer it.
Clearly the answer is, no, it is not fair, or just. Thus your concept is immoral, and unjust. I seriously doubt an unjust god is actually real.
Now run along and avoid my questions because I know you have no answers.
I've answered this before. You just don't like the answer.
God has shown Himself or His power to many, but the results did not include obedience by those individuals, or their posterity. So in other words, if God spoke directly to you, what would it change? Either you would be laughed at and ridiculed when you told people, or you would just keep it to yourself, or you would push on and keep telling people what happened until someone kills you or has you committed.
So really you want God to show Himself to many people so it isn't just you that saw it. Similar consequences would follow as the previously mentioned scenarios.
So if God proved to everyone that He exists, to the point that there is no room for doubt, then it becomes a situation where you really don't have a choice to believe in Him anymore, and now it is just Him being the active police over all His rules. You wouldn't be learning and progressing anymore, just learning how to be compliant, not self sufficient. Your only choice is whether or not to obey what you already know you should be doing and reaping those consequences, depending on your choices. That isn't the plan because He didn't want little robot clones. He is testing us to find out which will choose wisely and act righteously and progress on to become like Him and inherit all that He has. Those that choose not to, inherit far less.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#129856 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So god saved you even when you did not believe in him? Contradicts "Du whats theory.
Not necessarily. God intervenes when He needs to to ensure His plans move forward on some things. Like Paul/Saul
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129858 May 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely - by running away he's showing he's lost.
Yesterday I asked him if he would kill a child if his god commanded him to.
You had to dig for his response among the rest of the rubbish he posted but he said this....
<quoted text>
Any decent civilised person wouldn't hesitate to refuse to kill a helpless child. However, not curious.
I found it hard to believe I was seeing this so I drew him out and gave him an opportunity to explain himself. He just repeated himself again.
By curious' own admission he is a potential child killer.
It's clear to see that he now realises what he's said and how sick it makes him look because he refuses to discuss this any further.
He is one warped and twisted individual.
LOL The bats that inhabit that toxic space between your ears have deposited more bat droppings than your simple mind can handle.....
It is you,that by your own confession ,pose a threat to little boys.
What was it you said "I have no problems with homosexual priests"
WOW Of course you don't ,Birds of a feather flock together....
Seems that law enforcement and the world at large has problems with homosexual priests
Look at all the damage and pain they have caused,all due to their homosexuality.
I know that in your response,you may well attempt to cover your tracks and claim that YOU are opposed to those who abuse children,,,,Good try , but we gotcha.
I don't remember your ever having denounced NAMBLA.?
Wanna do it now ,out of convenience.?
LOL
Your disconsolate faith has you tossing and turning like the guy in a poison ivy patch.....
Can't scratch enough to get rid of the itch........
Or in your case, your futile and long battle to deny God has caused you to spend endless days and nights trying to extract that which is so deeply imbedded in your mind..........
But, cest la vie....
There are those masochists who enjoy the pain and anguish that atheism inflicts on them on a daily basis..........
Remenber , when the pain becomes intolerable, disinvertebrate..........
curious

Ocoee, FL

#129859 May 5, 2014
pitbullie wrote:
Crazy people almost invariably yammer and yammer about religion. There are a few of them who go on and on about ET, instead though. Seriously, get a clue.
<quoted text>
Hey ,thanks for providing the clue. You just described atheism in action , crazy atheists yammering on and on about a God they don't believe exists and when pressed they will claim that it was ET who brought life to this planet....
Hitchens and Dawekins have rederred to those possibilities....
If I am not mistaken , I do remember Pre K and duckit making the same allegations.
Thanks for reminding me of that , With all the gibberish that the fools bombard us with , it is difficult to remember it all

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tess fisher (Nov '10) 35 min curious 9
Jeff gray 55 min eslie 7
Amy Mckeehan (Apr '12) 3 hr the REAL facts bo... 30
meth heads 3 hr lolo 2
Noah gray on meth 3 hr Someone 1
Next KCHS Basketball Coach? 5 hr Info 1
holiness man makes food at burger king 6 hr ky best 15
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE