Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149567 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#129906 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Is it all due to homosexuality? By your reasoning, anyone who rapes someone of their own sex is doing so due to their heterosexuality. And of course that makes absolutely no sense. But of course you rarely ever make any sense, as you are an idiot, as your post is evidence to.
I think that point is lost on curious.

His hatred and bigotry are so deep rooted it would have gone right over his head.

Cambridge, UK

#129907 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
But we were not talking about islam ,we were talking about the maladies of atheism.
I've been likening your beliefs to Islamic beliefs and you freely accept the comparison.

A few hours ago I compared you to Abubakar Shekau and you also accepted the comparison.

Cambridge, UK

#129908 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What is nonsencical about Pre K's hypothesis is obvious even to the untrained eye.
That you are quite unable to discern it speaks volumes about your faulty reasoning abilities, of which you have self proclaimed how great they are.....
If you can not understand the obvious, explaining it to you would be an effort in futility,as you would still not be able to grasp it..........
BTW The one that brought up the subject about hearing voices from heaven was Pre K.
Must be he heard Orson's voice calling him.....
Mork from Ork nanu nanu..........
You say the reasoning is faulty but then fail to explain why.

Yet the fact remains that you have admitted you would kill a child.

Cambridge, UK

#129909 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh oh , The atheist is getting cantankerous . Must be his hemmorhoids.
So you now again are claiming that no one can refute any of your points, which must include the one in your noggin.
Whatta hamhock?
You claim that you want to be provided evidence of God's existence and youare told how this evidence can be attained.
You want it to be handed to you in a silver platter,being too lazy to seek it yourself.
Somehow you fail to realize that you have to look so you can find.
Have you ever heard of" seek and ye shall find"
You have failed in your efforts due to your failure to look.
Not only that,but you have expended much effort in the futile attempt to deconvert new members into your faith, there,by your own admission,you are a total failure.
Your only consolation is to make the arrogant and self serving claim that no one can refute
your inane points.......
The fruits of atheism will always lead you to winning the CONSOLATION PRICE in the game of life..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
In a contest between 2 contestants, the atheist will always place 3rd..........LOL
Still no refutation then.

Cambridge, UK

#129910 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
Mikey dear, you forgot to change monikers and are responding to what I posted as a response when you were using the Khatru moniker.
The following posts are self explanatory of your deceitful tactics.
I been keeping my eye on you for quite a while , especially when I tricked you by having you post the time and you gave an EST
when you claim to be posting from the UK......
Like they say,give a fool enough rope and he will hang himself.
I suspected you were also Khatru due to the fact that you tend to respond to many of the postings that are addressed to your moniker of Khatru under your moniker of Mike Duquette.
Figured it was a matter of time before you screwed up and gave yourself away.....
Can't wait to hear your excuse and make the claim that I can not refute your point.....Ya nitwit
Post 129854
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#129854
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're saying that Abe knew all along it wasn't for real and that he was just humouring God?
More like Abe was lying to his servants. If he told them he was going to kill his son, the servants would have stopped Abe.
<quoted text>
Abe was lying to Isaac. If Abe told Isaac he was intending to cut his throat, Isaac would have run off and Abe would have been too old and slow to catch him.
Curious wrote
Thanks for confirming that you are a FOOL in wolves clothing.
You are blind as an atheist bat and like their droppings your atheist faith is very toxic.
Thereby your need to defend it by any deceitful manner you can imagine,as youhave done up to now..........
DISINVERTEBRATE AND YOU WILLFEEL GREAT..........
Now, go worship your yellow slinky idol and don't worry about bending backwards to do so.
With that lack of backbone , Ican well understand how you managed to get your head up your (*)
Post 129867
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#129867
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confirming that you are a FOOL in wolves clothing.
You are blind as an atheist bat and like their droppings your atheist faith is very toxic.
Thereby your need to defend it by any deceitful manner you can imagine,as youhave done up to now..........
DISINVERTEBRATE AND YOU WILLFEEL GREAT..........
Now, go worship your yellow slinky idol and don't worry about bending backwards to do so.
With that lack of backbone , Ican well understand how you managed to get your head up your (*)
Duquette wrote
Would it not be easier for you to just say "I cannot refute your points"? Again, as usual you spoke to no points made. Run like a chicken shit because you have no answers.
LOL

You're tied up in your own knots again.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#129911 May 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You see what happens when yo dig a whole for yourself?
You get crapped on.
You highlighted Abe's words in uppercase as below:
<quoted text>
and
<quoted text>
The point you were trying to make was that Abe knew he wouldn't have to kill Isaac so he just played along with your god.
I guess you don't believe all that stuff about Abe's faith being tested.
Yeah , you posted at about 1;00 am est or 6;am London time...
Been waiting for you to give yourself away again, just like you did with dukette moniker.
So you would have us believe that you are an early riser and get up at 5;am to discuss the topic of God ,,, Caught you twice in a tme span odf about 2 hrs.
Duket , you were a FAILURE AS A MORMON, A catholic , an atheist and as a conman troll pretending to be more than one......
Duket has been caught in his own snare , So much for your reasoning ans logic. LOL
Moreover , the capitalized portions of my posting was to point out what your illiterate mind would not be able to comprehend....... I was wrong , your illiterate and deceitful minds are unable to comprehend even the simplest and obvious facts......
Anyhow , your inane excuses again fail you.
Basically, your atheism has caused you to fail in anything you attempt.
Moreover , I still suspect that Duquette and Khratu are your only monokers, I suspect there is at least one more...
We shall see if I can trap you on that one or if your foolish arrogance will give you away.
Disinvertabrate , build a backbone and discontinue your deceitful tactics, they have failed you and have proven that atheists are deceptive and can not be trusted.....
The shame of it all, your arrogance and self righteousness have caused your downfall, Sound familiar..........
Now ,based on your deceptive nature , you must attempt to lie your way out of this horrible mess that your faith has gotten you into
Pride cometh before the fall.... time in florida is now 1;51am normally I am in bed by now, but I been tracking Khartu/ Duquette hoping to get evidence to unmask him and I did
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssss
Elementary ,my dear Watson, I am cooler than a cucumber and better than Sherlock Holmes..........LOL......
In reality , I must confess ,it was no big deal as DUquette/ Khartu gave himsel away by his ignorance and arrogance,,, That was his downfalll ,for which I can not take credit......

Cambridge, UK

#129912 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah , you posted at about 1;00 am est or 6;am London time...
Been waiting for you to give yourself away again, just like you did with dukette moniker.
So you would have us believe that you are an early riser and get up at 5;am to discuss the topic of God ,,, Caught you twice in a tme span odf about 2 hrs.
Duket , you were a FAILURE AS A MORMON, A catholic , an atheist and as a conman troll pretending to be more than one......
Duket has been caught in his own snare , So much for your reasoning ans logic. LOL
Moreover , the capitalized portions of my posting was to point out what your illiterate mind would not be able to comprehend....... I was wrong , your illiterate and deceitful minds are unable to comprehend even the simplest and obvious facts......
Anyhow , your inane excuses again fail you.
Basically, your atheism has caused you to fail in anything you attempt.
Moreover , I still suspect that Duquette and Khratu are your only monokers, I suspect there is at least one more...
We shall see if I can trap you on that one or if your foolish arrogance will give you away.
Disinvertabrate , build a backbone and discontinue your deceitful tactics, they have failed you and have proven that atheists are deceptive and can not be trusted.....
The shame of it all, your arrogance and self righteousness have caused your downfall, Sound familiar..........
Now ,based on your deceptive nature , you must attempt to lie your way out of this horrible mess that your faith has gotten you into
Pride cometh before the fall.... time in florida is now 1;51am normally I am in bed by now, but I been tracking Khartu/ Duquette hoping to get evidence to unmask him and I did
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssss
Elementary ,my dear Watson, I am cooler than a cucumber and better than Sherlock Holmes..........LOL......
In reality , I must confess ,it was no big deal as DUquette/ Khartu gave himsel away by his ignorance and arrogance,,, That was his downfalll ,for which I can not take credit......
I think it's hilarious watching you get tangled up in knots.

You're not just obsessed with atheism you're also obsessed with me and Mike.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#129913 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
What is obvious to those who diligently seek ,is hidden from fools.....
16 I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.”
17 Abraham fell facedown; he laughed and said to himself,“Will a son be born to a man a hundred years old? Will Sarah bear a child at the age of ninety?” 18 And Abraham said to God,“If only Ishmaelmight live under your blessing!”
19 Then God said,“Yes, but your wife Sarah will bear you a son, and you will call him Isaac.[a] I will establish my covenant with him as an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him. 20 And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.21 But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah will bear to you by this time next year.”
5 He said to his servants,“Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then We WILL COME BACK TO YOU.”
6 Abraham took the wood for the burnt offering and placed it on his son Isaac, and he himself carried the fire and the knife. As the two of them went on together, 7 Isaac spoke up and said to his father Abraham,“Father?”
“Yes, my son?” Abraham replied.
“The fire and wood are here,” Isaac said,“but where is the lamb for the burnt offering?”
8 Abraham answered, GOD HIMSELF WILL PROVIDE THE LAMB FOR THE BURNT OFFERING And the two of them went on together.
Why would. a just God pick only a few certain people to be the "Chosen Ones "?`` They were the only people he cared about ? Then after being so favored , God asked them to sacrifice the gift he gave them.. Why would he need reassurance . I don't believe any of it.. It is all a feeble attempt to gain power by claiming "God told them they were to create an army of followers ".
It was an ancient use of scare tarics and control ,

Cambridge, UK

#129914 May 5, 2014
By the way, curious.

Despite your smokescreens, my atheism has caused you to run away from pretty much every question I've asked you in the last day or so.

Cambridge, UK

#129915 May 6, 2014
Just to remind people of the mess that curious got into yesterday.

First he claimed that, like Abraham, his god may be testing his faith..
curious wrote:
Could be that , like Abraham, He may be testing my faith...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...

Then in his very next sentence, curious claims that Abe knew it was a test and that he wouldn't have to kill Isaac...
curious wrote:
Yet , Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac....
He then supported his assertion that Abe saw right through God's test by saying...
curious wrote:
He said to his servants,“Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then We WILL COME BACK TO YOU.”
and
curious wrote:
Abraham answered, GOD HIMSELF WILL PROVIDE THE LAMB FOR THE BURNT OFFERING And the two of them went on together.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...

So, even though the Bible and untold expert commentators claim that God was testing Abe's faith, curious believes that Abe saw right through God's test and just played along with it in order to humour God.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#129916 May 6, 2014
Gene Robinson, the first openly gay Bishop of the Episcopal church, publicly announced he is divorcing his husband, Mark Andrew, on May 3.
The couple had been married since 2010, when New Hampshire legalized gay marriage. The union created an international uproar, and many Episcopalians broke away from the main church.
"As you can imagine, this is a difficult time for us - not a decision entered into lightly or without much counseling," Robinson wrote in a letter to the Diocese of New Hampshire. "We ask for your prayers, that the love and care for each other that has characterized our relationship for a quarter century will continue in the difficult days ahead."
The retired bishop left his wife and two children when he openly declared he was gay in 1986. He entered into a civil union with Andrew in 2008.
In 2012, the Episcopal Church voted to allow bishops to permit priests to bless same-sex marriages.
Robinson, 66, is currently a fellow at the Center for American Progress in Washington, D.C.

CBN

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#129918 May 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
"History" has never been able to refute any event in the Bible
History shows you are wrong.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#129919 May 6, 2014

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#129920 May 6, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would. a just God pick only a few certain people to be the "Chosen Ones "?`` They were the only people he cared about ? Then after being so favored , God asked them to sacrifice the gift he gave them.. Why would he need reassurance . I don't believe any of it.. It is all a feeble attempt to gain power by claiming "God told them they were to create an army of followers ".
It was an ancient use of scare tarics and control ,
You're so sexy talking that :)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#129921 May 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing Pal, are you expecting me to believe you are a DNA expert?
There is no detectable universal genetic bottleneck from c. 4500 years ago There are no signs of "the Great Flood" in ice cores, sedimentary deposits, dendrochronology, fossils, distribution of species, continuity of civilization,... There is no evidence of a "Great Flood" anywhere at all.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#129922 May 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
"History" has never been able to refute any event in the Bible
The Bible refutes itself historically. Luke and Matthew disagree about when Jesus was born.

Matthew says < 4 BC.
Luke says > 6 AD.

At least one has to be wrong.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#129923 May 6, 2014
curious wrote:
Here we are again, the begining of a new week and as is customary, the atheists are out en massse,prepared to devote their time and energy to debate a topic which they claim not to believe in and which they claim is nonexistent.
Seems that type of behaviour is an exercise in futility,however, when God is so deeply imbedded in one's mind that you are consumed by HIM,then one is left no choice......
I can't get Him out of my mind
I've failed to do so , time after time
I keep on denying,my mind says I'm lying
and I can't get Him out of my mind
So true!
They prove God, and the Bible true with every post, but keep on posting :-)

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#129924 May 6, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
No credible Historian will buy any of that crap about the Jews
Virtually all historians reject the Old Testament as accurate history.
SevenTee wrote:
The Great Flood can not be proven or disproven.
It has been disproven. Over and over again. It's a story that even small children realize is a myth.

Millions of animals on a boat. lol
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#129925 May 6, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point? The Mozilla CEO, cake bakers, B&B managers and wedding photographers are (presumably) knowledgeable about their professions. So what?
The point was... They don't want to be just normal...
They want to hurt people that do not believe in gay marriage, as it is sin!
Instead of just getting along... let's stick a knife in their backs!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#129926 May 6, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us put your trick question,based on your atheist beliefs, in perspective.
You are implying,as I understand it, that my God would ask me to kill some little girl that lives next door.
I have absolutely no reason to believe my God would make such a request, therefore your question is based on your ignorance and therefore does not merit an answer.
But , let us take it further.
Why would God make such a request?
What reason could He give that would persuade me to OBEY His command.
I CAN NOT THINK OF ANY SITUATION WHERE THAT WOULD OR COULD OCCUR.
But if He Did, then , as He did in deuteronomy, He would explain the reasons and objectives for His Commandments, where He stated that sex outside of marriage defiles a person, homosexuality defiles a person,incest defiles a person and the list goes on.....The objective was for the Jews to lead a holy life and be an example to the surrounding nations where immorality was rampant.
Today we clearly see what He meant by defilement among homosexuals , their disatrous lifestyle in their personal lives and their calamitous effect on society.
Some,like yourself, would claim that stoning them, as stated in the OT is immoral. But today we all know that homosexuals invite their own deaths by their immoral lifestyle,which you condone.
We also know the disatsrous effects of sex outside of marriage,incest and beastiality among others.
God intended for mankind to lead holy lives, which man,in order to fulfill his sinful desires,rebels against.
Now, atheists do nort believe in sin, they seek to condone this type of behaviour as being normal.
That is why some atheists seek to justify incest, homosexuality , sex outside of marriage and other ills that afflict society as being permissible.
Does the God I worship want those who He created to live such decrepit and immoral lives, No
Christ came so we can have life and have it more abundantly, He came with a plan that would free us from the slavery to sin.
As He said, Come to me,those who are heavily laden, for my Yoke is easy and I will give you rest.
That is what I have found in my life and I believe that is what Yaa has found in his life,for which he credits God.
Of course ,atheists will mock us for our beliefs,but we knew that beforehand.
And,as people like to say, the proof is in the pudding.
Those who have accepted Christ and continue to follow His teachings ,rejoice and their mind is renewed.
They are no longer slaves to their human desires, whereas ,those who deconvert can not make the same claims.
They are afflicted by the many maladies that studies indicate afflicts them as enumerated by one of your leaders.
Instead of being free from such immoral and destructive behaviour as incest, sex outside of marriage,homosexuality etal they seek to justify such behaviour in order to satisfy their immoral conduct '
Therefore feeing justified in arrogantly and self righteously claiming that " they have never committed an act for which they need feel ashamed......
If you are unable to glean an answer to your question from that which I have posted,then your atheistic faith has put you in a worse mental state than I imagined..........
I do not pattern my lifestyle based on the philosophies of such as Madalyn O'hair , Peter Singer, Krauss , Nambla , Hitchens or Dawkins........
Great post!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 34 min whit 67
Where can you get non-ethonal gas around B'ville? 2 hr Fioler 5
Tires in River at Park 2 hr Randy 10
What's best place to get front end alignment? (Mar '13) 4 hr The best 25
KCHS girls coach 4 hr oh geez 6
Jill's job 5 hr Parent 5
Where is the Rodney Bullock post? 13 hr patty 5
Wreck!! 17 hr Cant-fix-stupid 7
Who hung them self in town? Jul 21 Justin 9

Barbourville Jobs