Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151988 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#129823 May 5, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Tell that to the Mozilla CEO,
cake bakers, B&B's, and wedding photographers....
It's searchable.... check it out!
Do you have a point? The Mozilla CEO, cake bakers, B&B managers and wedding photographers are (presumably) knowledgeable about their professions. So what?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#129824 May 5, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give ya a point for that ":any rational person....." comment though Duquette...
(obviously...talk about a dysfunctional part missing a few nuts and bolts.)
So you are admitting you are not rational? You use absolutes often. You seem to feel anti Semitism played no part in the holocaust. You try to sell this idea by not discussing it and diverting to other issues involved with the war(s).
Now just keep posting things that have nothing to do with anything we are discussing.
You sound like the crazy guy on the street corner talking to himself.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129825 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Wonder of wonders ,,, You , like duket ,interpret every response to your posts as being indicative as agreeing with your absurd postings.
Again,take your candy ass to brunei and lodge your complaints against Sharia laws to the mullahs.
Unfortunately for you, they will not deal with you in the same manner as Christians AND that is precisely the reason why you will not travel there...
Instead , you will remain in your hideout and secret location in your homeland ,,Kertucky America USA..........
You are a troll and a twit which makes you a T T Gasp...
YIkessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssss
"every post"? That is an absolute. And it is an absurd claim to make.
Do you refuse to address our every post? If so, then it would make your claim a bit more true. But the issue is, you are diverting from the topic. If you run from a debate, then you are forfeiting.

I await for you to tell us just what is Christian about freedom of religion?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129826 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Desperate times call for desperate measures,,, And it is obvious that you are in desperation mode .
So , you ask a nonsensical hypothetical question in an attempt to defend your calamitous faith..........
Let me ask you this
What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the voice of Chris Hitchens and he informed you that all his blatherings while on earth were wrong, that he now knows that God is real Would you then believe in God?
What is nonsensical about his hypothetical? Just claiming it is nonsense means nothing. Use logic and reason for once in your life, please?
BTW, when Yes and amen was asked this, he said he would kill his daughter if he thought god wanted him to do so.
I find the question very important.
Personally, I think you would kill for your god, without question.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#129827 May 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Now then curious.
Seeing as I habe your attention,
How about answering one of the many questions I've asked that you keep running away from?
Let's try the one about the Muslims.
What do you think about Muslims who slice off their womens clitorisis?
What do you think about Muslims who kill women who want an education?
What about Muslims who behead, stone and amputate people for a range of minor infractions?
When you see such barbarism what are your honest thoughts?
No,you don't have my attention and no,since I am not a Muslim and that is not my Faith,I am not going to get into a discussion on that subject with an atheist....Stick to the topic.
I am talking about atheism and it's many maladies.
You need to discuss the Muslim religion with the Mullahs and hope you catch them in a good mood before they declitorise you....LOL
You are a blooming idiot. Stay on Topic.
I know that you are unable to legitimately defend the maladies that afflict the members of your faith and are trying by any and all means to avoid doing so.
Any faith that can only be defended by avoiding the truth is not worth defending
Disinvertebrate,it is the solution......
Slinkies are spineless and not worth emulating

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129828 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Desperate times call for desperate measures,,, And it is obvious that you are in desperation mode .
So , you ask a nonsensical hypothetical question in an attempt to defend your calamitous faith..........
Let me ask you this
What if you heard a voice from heaven and you were convinced that it was the voice of Chris Hitchens and he informed you that all his blatherings while on earth were wrong, that he now knows that God is real Would you then believe in God?
Let me show you how to use reason to demonstrate a poor hypothetical.
Lets use your hypothetical here.
If I were convinced the voice was coming from heaven, then it shows I have already accepted the believe of heaven. So it would stand to reason I would accept the god in heaven.

You see, we do not believe voices are coming from heaven. Why would we?

But your hypothetical is claiming if we presented actual evidence of a heaven, would we believe in a god. Well I think we have been saying all along, if we were presented evidence, we would believe. We keep asking you for evidence, but you cannot present any.
Then you claim we must just have faith without evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129829 May 5, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
What amazes me is the fact that mankind in general believed in creation by an intelligent creator that is till Darwin came long and introduced the theory of evolution that different ones began to believe the big bang theory that nobody can prove.
There is evidence for the big bang, and the theory of evolution. No evidence will ever convince someone who accepts the creation story with zero evidence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129830 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,you don't have my attention and no,since I am not a Muslim and that is not my Faith,I am not going to get into a discussion on that subject with an atheist....Stick to the topic.
You need to discuss the Muslim religion with the Mullahs and hope you catch them in a good mood before they declitorise you....LOL
I know that you are unable to legitimately defend the maladies that afflict the members of your faith and are trying by any and all means to avoid doing so.
Any faith that can only be defended by avoiding the truth is not worth defending
We are aware you are obsessed with atheism and cannot stray from that topic.
But if you think about it, that topic concerns Islam. 9/11 lead to my atheism. The demonstration of mass murder by those who are believers of a god that has zero evidence made me realize my own belief of god was evidence free. You see, 9/11 made me question my beliefs. I see you refuse to question your beliefs. You run from the discussion of Islam, because you must know it is very much like your own beliefs. And of course that would show your beliefs as wrong, and you do not admit when you are wrong.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#129831 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is obvious that in your world my God has preferred billing above any other Being , idea or faith.
It is my God, whom you constantly talk about, not zeus or odin.
It is my God that is constantly in your thoughts,not zeus, not odin ,not your wife,kids or parents.
It is my God that causes you to go to your computer each and everyday in order to make mention of His name,which you can not help yourselves, as He has A GRIP ON YOUR MIND THAT YOU FIND IMPOSSIBLE TO BREAK.
Please , do not bring up the topic of backbone , I've been using that same example to poitn out the fact that you atheists need to Disinvertebrate.........
BTW The new Slinkys in yellow go on sale this week at Walmart.
Be sure to buy one for all your atheist friends in honor of their spineless faith
What is that old 3 dog night hit of the 70's
Disinvertebrate , disinvertebrate and dance to the Music
Rest assured if there were any believers in the Greek and Norse gods in here I would treat them far better than you get treated.

Why?

Because they don't try to scare people into believing in their myths by threatening them with eternal torture.

As for being spineless:

The lack of a backbone is entirely yours as you repeatedly refuse to answer the questions asked of you.

Why?

Because you don't like what you see in yourself and you're too much of a coward to face up to it.

Cambridge, UK

#129832 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I should have known that you'd side with the Muslims,; after all, they are your brothers-in-delusion.

Unlike civilised people, you fail to be revolted by female circumcision.

We can see that you agree wholeheartedly with the stonings, beheadings and amputations.

What about killing girls who want an education? "Bitches deserve it" is what youi think.

After all, how can you possibly disagree with what Allah wants given that he and your god are one and the same?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129833 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you my honest answer...First of all, I believe your hypothetical question is nonsensical,more or less, atrick question,based on your umbelief.
There is absolutely no reason that I could imagine ,as to why My Lord,Jesus Christ,would ask me to kill anybody..
All evidence points otherwise.
" I have come so they may have life and have it more abundantly'"
" Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
I have come to give my life as a ransom for many
Killing my children would serve no useful purpose.
Moreover , if someone were to ask me to do so, whoever that someone may be, I believe that I would know whether that someone is Jesus or not....
Now ,if we choose to address thatt issue in Science fiction terms, we can use Dracula as an example.
Dracula comes around ,sucks on someones neck ,as a result they become part of the undead and in order to get them out of their misery,you gotta drive a stake through their heart...
So, If my Lord asked me to commit such a deed, I am sure that he would provide me with
a reason and an objective as to why I should perform his commands.
If he ever asks me, then He and I will discuss those reasons.
Could be that , like Abraham, He may be testing my faith...
Yet , Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac....
Just in case you ask..........
I am pleased to hear you would at least ask for logic and reason. And the lack of logic and reason is why I do not believe your god is real, or the commandment in the bible are of a god. They lack logic and reason.

What concerns me is, what logic do you need to kill your children? If the god told you that they will one day be atheists, and thus be your enemy, would that be enough logic? What if he claimed it would ultimately slow his goals of having all worship him? You know, like the reasons for Moses having his followers kill three thousand of their own people, men women and children. You keep claiming their was logic and reason behind that slaughter. I really do not see it being moral.
So logic or reasons do not equate to being moral logic, or moral reasons.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129834 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me give you my honest answer...First of all, I believe your hypothetical question is nonsensical,more or less, atrick question,based on your umbelief.
There is absolutely no reason that I could imagine ,as to why My Lord,Jesus Christ,would ask me to kill anybody..
All evidence points otherwise.
" I have come so they may have life and have it more abundantly'"
" Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
I have come to give my life as a ransom for many
Killing my children would serve no useful purpose.
Moreover , if someone were to ask me to do so, whoever that someone may be, I believe that I would know whether that someone is Jesus or not....
Now ,if we choose to address thatt issue in Science fiction terms, we can use Dracula as an example.
Dracula comes around ,sucks on someones neck ,as a result they become part of the undead and in order to get them out of their misery,you gotta drive a stake through their heart...
So, If my Lord asked me to commit such a deed, I am sure that he would provide me with
Just in case you ask..........
Abraham did not expect god to supply logic or reason. He just went off to kill his son. He answered the hypothetical. He would do as god asked, no matter what.
The same question we are asking is the one god asked Abraham. You said it was a stupid hypothetical. Are you saying god asked a stupid hypothetical? Are you saying Abraham was wrong not to expect logic and reason from god?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129835 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
My bad....You were asking about killing the little girl next dooor../
I used my children as an example....
I don't have a little girl living next door
Just as the bible used Abrahams own child as the example to teach you how to act.
The bible surely tells this story to teach you to just do as god demands, and do not expect logic and reason. If not, then what is the lesson?

Cambridge, UK

#129836 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We are aware you are obsessed with atheism and cannot stray from that topic.
But if you think about it, that topic concerns Islam. 9/11 lead to my atheism. The demonstration of mass murder by those who are believers of a god that has zero evidence made me realize my own belief of god was evidence free. You see, 9/11 made me question my beliefs. I see you refuse to question your beliefs. You run from the discussion of Islam, because you must know it is very much like your own beliefs. And of course that would show your beliefs as wrong, and you do not admit when you are wrong.
Absolutely - by running away he's showing he's lost.

Yesterday I asked him if he would kill a child if his god commanded him to.

You had to dig for his response among the rest of the rubbish he posted but he said this....
curious wrote:
If my Lord asked me to commit such a deed, I am sure that he would provide me with
Any decent civilised person wouldn't hesitate to refuse to kill a helpless child. However, not curious.

I found it hard to believe I was seeing this so I drew him out and gave him an opportunity to explain himself. He just repeated himself again.

By curious' own admission he is a potential child killer.

It's clear to see that he now realises what he's said and how sick it makes him look because he refuses to discuss this any further.

He is one warped and twisted individual.

Cambridge, UK

#129837 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> I am pleased to hear you would at least ask for logic and reason. And the lack of logic and reason is why I do not believe your god is real, or the commandment in the bible are of a god. They lack logic and reason.
What concerns me is, what logic do you need to kill your children? If the god told you that they will one day be atheists, and thus be your enemy, would that be enough logic? What if he claimed it would ultimately slow his goals of having all worship him? You know, like the reasons for Moses having his followers kill three thousand of their own people, men women and children. You keep claiming their was logic and reason behind that slaughter. I really do not see it being moral.
So logic or reasons do not equate to being moral logic, or moral reasons.
I very much doubt you'll get an answer from him on this.

His faith has let him down and he's been found wanting.

The measure of his fundie beliefs amounts to so much of nothing.

Cambridge, UK

#129838 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Abraham did not expect god to supply logic or reason. He just went off to kill his son. He answered the hypothetical. He would do as god asked, no matter what.
The same question we are asking is the one god asked Abraham. You said it was a stupid hypothetical. Are you saying god asked a stupid hypothetical? Are you saying Abraham was wrong not to expect logic and reason from god?
Nice points - all of which will be added to the long list of unanswered questions trailing behind curious as he makes his hasty getaway from these issues.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129839 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Hey Bifocals, put on your hearing aids so you can see what you are reading'
I answered your trick question, obviously not the answer you were hoping to get
"So, IF my Lord asked me to commit such a deed, I am sure that he would provide me with
IF he ever asks me, then He and I will discuss those reasons.
Just in case you ask.."
........See the IF in there..........
BTW Chroe is very concerned about your mental state,,,Something about you hearing voices
from heaven/////////
What passage in the bible indicates that Abraham knew full well that he would not have to sacrifice Isaac? Are you claiming he just carried Isaac up to the alter and pulled out his knife and raised it up in some sort of act, and was not going to obey gods order?
Sorry, but that is not what the bible says. Do you have some different bible?

Abraham did not get any reasons from god. He just obeyed him.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129840 May 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're absolutely right
If you're hearing hearing voices it's odds on that you're having psychiatric problems.
And note how Curious scoffs at the suggestion.
At least Curious would ask for logic and reason. It is the first time I heard him expect logic and reason, much less from a god.
I am glad he does not assume god knows more than he and would not just do as god says without a reason or logic. Now I am not sure of his standards of logic, but it is a start.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129841 May 5, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct....And ample reasons and their objectives were given for those commandments ,which were specifically given to the Jewish congregation........As yoiu wellknow......
Do you care to elaborate on the reasons and objectives of God's commands pertaining to HIS instructions to the Jewish nation
Do you care to elaborate on them?
If god told you to kill your children for those reasons, would you do it?

Cambridge, UK

#129842 May 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And note how Curious scoffs at the suggestion.
At least Curious would ask for logic and reason. It is the first time I heard him expect logic and reason, much less from a god.
I am glad he does not assume god knows more than he and would not just do as god says without a reason or logic. Now I am not sure of his standards of logic, but it is a start.
That's what it boils down to - curious has admitted that he knows more than his god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Annual east 80 sale in london ky 1 hr Concerned 1
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 1 hr well 41
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 1 hr mediater 23
outlaws 1 hr well 19
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 1 hr well 13
karla back 1 hr well 2
No regrets 1 hr well 10
Education 1 hr Quantummist 20
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 8 hr Ricky 57

Barbourville Jobs