Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 134,254

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#129528 May 1, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to articulate better. The genes of one species (the snake) can evolve into a different species (the bird). Or visa-versa. Then the genes of one species would have to be able to form a completely different DNA.
If there are so many commonalities in life why are there so many different species? Isn't it within reason to venture that all life came from one source?
Well again, snakes did not evolve into birds, and birds did not evolve into snakes.
Your children's DNA is not exactly like your own. There is a measurable difference in them. And the longer the chain of ancestors, the more variation of DNA. That variation tells us we are related, and yes we may very well have all come from one source. If you could only show your claim of a source, that would show evidence of a god. But of course evidence of a god is impossible if no god exists. Likely why no evidence of a god can be had.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129529 May 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever you want to believe is your business.
I never expected you to actually debate me, as is the trend for your team. Cowards.

Mike Duquette wrote:

<quoted text>Not sure what you consider a "Christian army" for one. Care to share what you consider one to be before I show you many examples of what I see as Christian armies invading countries?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129530 May 1, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't write the scriptures. Bad parallel.
Not my religion, also not a good parallel. Compare Mormons in education in the same country with another religion in said country and that would be a decent parallel.
So you did not write the scriptures, nor care to defend the crap it spews.
It was a perfect parallel, and you failed to show why it was not. You just claim with zero evidence, logic or reasoning. This is why I do not believe in your god, or your cult.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129532 May 1, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on how you look at it. Jesus and God the Father are different individuals. Jesus was the God of the OT. Jesus (Jehovah) showed Himself to prophets in the OT. Adam saw both. Stephen saw a vision of both. All present as Jesus' baptism saw Jesus and the Holy Ghost while hearing the Father speak. Millions witnessed the power of God throughout scripture. All the examples are showing people God. Yet this proof did not convince all. This is why God doesn't give you proof on your terms.
Scripture is not evidence. God is evidence free, on terms of science. Terms that would be in a court of law. But of course you do not follow such terms, you just follow some puppet masters terms, and believe with no evidence and cannot even explain why.

Your bible is not proof. It certainly would not hold up as proof in a court of law, but you and your supposed god expects us to have much lower standards. Well your standards are to low.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129534 May 1, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on how you look at it. Jesus and God the Father are different individuals. Jesus was the God of the OT. Jesus (Jehovah) showed Himself to prophets in the OT. Adam saw both. Stephen saw a vision of both. All present as Jesus' baptism saw Jesus and the Holy Ghost while hearing the Father speak. Millions witnessed the power of God throughout scripture. All the examples are showing people God. Yet this proof did not convince all. This is why God doesn't give you proof on your terms.
Billions are not convinced of your god. In fact, a tiny minority believes in the Mormon god. Most humans on earth do not believe in the Christian god. Most humans on earth do not believe in the bible. Why? Well one reason is an absolute lack of proof. I think that is reason enough that a real god would present actual evidence.
I ask again, is it fair to condemn a person for not believing in something that is completely lacking any actual evidence? I have asked you this several times, you refuse to answer it.
Clearly the answer is, no, it is not fair, or just. Thus your concept is immoral, and unjust. I seriously doubt an unjust god is actually real.
Now run along and avoid my questions because I know you have no answers.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129535 May 1, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text> i
Interesting... "All life came from one source". "All life on earth is related". Then would it be inconceivable to believe in a creator?
Inconceivable? Well it is not as if your creation story shows that all life is related. In fact is claims a very different idea.
But maybe you can conceive of a new god/creation story that actually fits known science fact. It would not be the god of the bible, as it contradicts known science fact.
If god created man out of dust, then man is not related to any other animal. But the DNA evidence shows that we are related. And the DNA evidence shows we are more closely related to apes than any other animal. Your creation story contradicts such absolute facts. These are facts that can withstand the standards of a court of law, and have.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129536 May 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
A Christian Army has never waged war, it is pretty self explanatory.
This is fact so it is not open to a debate
No, it is not self explanatory and is open for debate. You just run from debates, so keep running chicken shit.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129538 May 1, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
In the beginning..there was light.....
Pretttttttttttttttttttttttttty yyy much encompasses the TRUTH, even scientifically.
(and how manyyyy times does it take for a duhmmy, to get to the core concept of THAT.)
PHYSICS.
Well that is not the claim of the bible. It claims in the beginning god created the heavens and the earth. Far from any science.

"Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the spirit of god was hovering over the waters.
2And god said, let there be light, and there was light.

I think you have the bible mixed up with some other story or something. Maybe it was a science show you are recalling. Who knows.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#129539 May 1, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because you don't want kids to learn WRONG science........?
Edited for TRUTH in FACT.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129540 May 1, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That should tell you there is a difference between
Trusting God, and
Tempting God!
Three syringes full of meth, my heart stopped, then started again!
I did not die, as you can see!
God saved my bacon more than once!
See, when I was told of God, and Jesus as a child...
I believed it in my heart that it was true, but
no one told me about the enemy, and his tricks!
God is real, and God is Good!
So god saved you even when you did not believe in him? Contradicts "Du whats theory.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#129541 May 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well if you keep pushing for god to be in the pledge, you fail at leading secularism.
So sad you are not up to trying to make a better world. Let the big boys handle it and you can go suck on a pacifier.
If you do not want the government to control everything, then tell it to get out of pushing gods. Do you know how hypocritical your position is? You guys do not know what a contradiction is, do you?
For some reason, I doubt some you have any real intention of even trying to actual make the world a better place, because your hatefulness, intolerance and self servedness is far to obvious.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129542 May 1, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the History of the World, not much to debate about History, it either happened or it didn't happen.
And the claims of history are all correct? If not, then it is up to debate if it happened.
The biblical claims of history are in contradiction with much of what archeologist find. There is much dispute, and many debates. Clearly you are ignorant of all this, thus run like a chicken from debate, as you feel you know all you need to know.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129543 May 1, 2014
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Point well taken on the Jews. But, the way I see it the Jews were just the first and most convenient... Was it because of their beliefs or their wealth and prominence? World dominance was Hitlers cause. That would mean wiping out everyone (regardless of religion) who stood in the way. Russia at the time was a full fledged communist country. England was bombed without mercy.
I not in the position to argue the Old Testament... For me to defend or something I don't fully understand is hypocrisy at is finest. Maybe someday but not today. I question a lot of things.
Well it was certainly convenient for Hitler to target Jews, as the majority of Germans were Christian, and they already had that major dispute about deities going on. Thus the idea of Jesus was simple to exploit and Hitler did so successfully for some time, as he achieved the goal of having Christians kill Jews in mass for many years.
Hitler had an army of Christians to kill Jews. Not sure if you wish to call that a Christian army, but I would.
No matter what Hitler the man thought, the point is, he easily swayed Christians to kill the opposing religion of the region.

So you do not understand the OT? Well that is strange. It is the god you worship, correct? Or do you worship a different god? Seems to me if you are going to debate religion here, you should know your god, and the claims of the holy book that describe your god and his actions.
The OT is supposed to be the root of your religion. I look to the book often to judge if the god of the bible is plausible. I do not see it as plausible at all.
Maybe you should read it a bit and see the outrageous things it claims of god. From what I see, he is a murderous dictator. Well if he was real. But the OT shows me that the god is invented by men who were murderous dictators.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#129544 May 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think questioning is for kids? If so, then I understand why you fail to know the answers.
Perhaps the biggest reason is because you're not asking any sort of civilized or rational questions, you're just twisting and distoring, being ugly and accusatory, wishing to only be pitch forkedly and dark agedly judgemental Duquette so that you might be able to consider such as some sort of "righteousness" of self, when it's not.
Therefore, the "answer" to problems associated with those type of things, only lies within questioning yourself, and not within anyone else.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#129545 May 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>That is a lot of "it's" and not once did you identify what "it" was. Seeing as how you responded to a variety of possible "its', your post is stupid.
Learn to identify your subject.
Learn to stay focused on an actual topic being discussed, rather than just lower yourself to the ghetto gutter of slinging handfuls of boring, PETTY junior high school level ignorance Duquette.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#129546 May 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Do you always squirm away from accusations?
Your gibberish is getting boring.
Nope...sometimes I do this...

__!__

(and right @ your level of ignorance...Guess what it is representative of)

And by all means, DO find something else to try manipulate, once you get done with that...I'm sure there's a dime a dozen plenty at that level.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#129547 May 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>f course you do not question your priorities. I can see you just knee jerk gibberish that is irrelevant. You dodge everything I say, and spew nonsense.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Some kids now know they no longer have to say the pledge due to the insistence of god being in the pledge, thus many are not getting the patriotic idea you are pushing here. It is due to your kind forcing your god upon the pledge.
I do not doubt it will come to a point when no public schools say the pledge due to the god part being in there.
So maybe you need to check your priorities.
Could be because most everything you say--IS NON-sense.

Do you really think ALL kids are THAT brainwashed?

Check yourself on that one too, while your checking your priorities man.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129548 May 1, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
For some reason, I doubt some you have any real intention of even trying to actual make the world a better place, because your hatefulness, intolerance and self servedness is far to obvious.
I see you failed yet again to refute anything I actually said. Secularism can make the world a better place. I see you do not understand any of this, and only see hate.
I have no doubt you feel this way, as your bible makes the same sort of claims. Now keep following the strings of your puppet master.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#129549 May 1, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be because most everything you say--IS NON-sense.
Do you really think ALL kids are THAT brainwashed?
Check yourself on that one too, while your checking your priorities man.
Did I say ALL kids? Nope. But I think many are, and you still are unable to refute anything I said.
Now keep fighting the straw men.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#129550 May 1, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Inconceivable? Well it is not as if your creation story shows that all life is related. In fact is claims a very different idea.
But maybe you can conceive of a new god/creation story that actually fits known science fact. It would not be the god of the bible, as it contradicts known science fact.
If god created man out of dust, then man is not related to any other animal. But the DNA evidence shows that we are related. And the DNA evidence shows we are more closely related to apes than any other animal. Your creation story contradicts such absolute facts. These are facts that can withstand the standards of a court of law, and have.
What a moronic, TOTALLY UNscientific post.

(Reckon when duh foist ape grew outa duh dirt...lets axe derwood!)

Long week eh Duquette..all that rain of apes and snakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for a three bedroom for rent!!! 1 hr citizen 11
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr 40ish 3,742
who thinks john Bryant should come out of the c... 5 hr truther 1
Who is the best looking guy that works at Burge... 7 hr customer 34
Megan 8 hr Jeff 2
My new hat. 8 hr Cornbread Taliban 9
Dogs 9 hr Wondering 2
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri JJR 69

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at February 27 at 4:36PM EST

Barbourville Dating