Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 169938 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128702 Apr 19, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
There is only one odd element of your story.
<quoted text>
...why would your ad not fit the description of your dog? That doesn't make any sense.
If someone posted an ad for a lost chihuahua, and my neighbor recently found a labrador, I wouldn't answer that ad. Do you think God told this woman "Hey Lady, that lost chihuahua ad isn't really about a chihuahua. It's about the labrador your neighbor has. Call!"
The one " odd element" as you call it,is not something that I have a definite answer for.
However ,keep in mind that ladyX ,according to her, had a brief look at my dog,and more than a week had passed since she saw him. According to her recollection,the dog I described did not fit the description of the dog that had been found.
My dog was mostly black and some tan on his legs and underside and had a white spot on his chest. Depending on the position of the dog when you looked at him, you would not see the white spot on his chest or the tan color on his underside or legs..
The fact remains that,for whatever reason, she did not believe the dog in question fit the description of the dog in the add I placed in the paper
I have no other explanation..........Other than what she told me
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128704 Apr 19, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you feel a tinge of guilt or a strange tug from your human side when you declare your support for stoning men to death for being gay, even if it only in a bygone era? Because that's what I'm getting at. I have no problem understanding the rationale behind such rules in the Bible. But as a modern thinking human being with a moral sense I know better than to accept such rules as being reasonable or necessary. I know it is wrong to stone people to death for their sexual orientation.
You apparently do not know that.
You also seem to think killing women for sleeping with other people prior to marriage was ok. You strongly suggested it was a "deterrent" to them being sluts or something.
Your moral priorities are being assaulted by your insistence on harmonizing god's strange, contradictory, and often brutal nature. That's what you get when you mash up a barbarian deity with a quasi-new age deity and try to argue they are the same.
Quote yiago 'Do you feel a tinge of guilt or a strange tug from your human side when you declare your support for stoning men to death for being gay, even if it only in a bygone era? Because that's what I'm getting at. I have no problem understanding the rationale behind such rules in the Bible."

I am not interested in Your rationale, that is not the issue or the basis for my believing as I do.
Tell me, what is the rationale given by the JEWS,for accepting the OT Covenant What and whose instructions were they following , according to them.
According to them,they were following God's instructions, What were those instructions and why were they so instructed..... I don't care what YOU believe,as that is not the basis on which I form my views.
Tell me what they claim God instructed them and why those instructions would benefit them and then I can deal with your question.
I will deal with your question based on what is contained in the Bible,not on your rationale.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128705 Apr 19, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention another Atheist Hero - Punk Rocker Bob Geldof
Geldof is a major league POS worshiped by the atheists.
Geldof introduced his own daughter to hard core drugs and his daughter Peaches ends up dead of a heroin overdose last week. 10 years prior Geldof drugs out with Peaches mother and she ends up dead from Heroin overdose as well.
These atheist types are horrible
Geldof is a first class piece of human garbage atheist
Yes , Geldof is one of Pre K's heroes....
Google this article and you will see what a disatrous personal life the man has gone through .
Really sad, wouldn't wish it on anybody...Article is too long to post
Peaches Geldof dead: Dad Bob tells of agony over daughter's death

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#128707 Apr 19, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever read the Bible, there is your evidence
"His breasts are full of milk."

Job 21:24

"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."

Ezekiel 23:19-20

Yeah, evidence of a pre-occupation with donkey dongs and horse cum

Oh holy holy holy

Cambridge, UK

#128708 Apr 19, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well Christ Warrior says god has the power to manipulate that need for evil so heaven can be evil free.
So it is god who is making for evil, if his ideas were to be true.
It is pretty clear to me this Utopia of heaven is the lure. Of course their is zero evidence of the Utopia and it defies all nature as we know it.
Yeah, that promise of Candyland sure does reel the believers in.

Except that they haven't really thought it through.

A heaven without evil means a clear lack of free will.

"God didn't want robots" is often parroted by believers when they're asked why we were given free will.

With no evil in heaven it looks like God wants robots after all and the believers will be spending eternity without the free will to make choices.

Cambridge, UK

#128710 Apr 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike D, There,I called you a name....
You state that if you had evidence of an event, you need not have faith to believe it happened.
Let me go back to the events surrounging my dog and subsequent events and demonstrate how you need evidence in order to attain genuine faith.Hope not to bore you.
Put yourself in my place.
I was an agnostic
I did everything in my power to find my dog ,including putting an add in the paper and up tp the last day that the add was to appear in the paper,all my efforts were fruitless.
On the Friday that the add was to expire , in desperation ,I went to a local church and prayed to God and Christ that my dog would be returned. I had no reason to believe that my request would be answered, I was hoping that if there is a God,He would answer my request
These events occured berwrrn 8;30 and 9;00 A M.
During that 1/2 hour period of time 4 events took place that aroused my curiosity as to whether they were coincidences.
1) the only one that knew that I was making my requwsts known to God was me.
2) My dog had been lost for about 18 days and the add had been in the paper for 7 days.During that time lady x , whose friend had found my dog , had made no effort nor did it ever cross her mind to attempt to find the dog's owner.
3) On that Friday, for reasons she could not explain, she decided to look in the lost pet section. According to her, she read through the adds in the paper and did not believe that any of the adds fit the description of the lost dog,whom she had seen briefly one time.
How ever, although she did not believe any of the adds applied to the lost dog, she decided that she would call Me anyway. She did not call anyone else.
Why would she or anyone else call if they did nor believe it was the dog in question?
4) She called my home at exactly the time when I was through praying 9;00 am
Now, could all those incidents have occurred by accident? possibly.... Would you automatically dismiss them as accidental,or,would they arouse your curiosity?
Keeping in mind that you had addressed your request to God,whom you really did not believe in.
Mycuriosity was aroused and subsequent events that were beyond my control and for which I could not find an answer led me to humble myself before God and Christ,bringing my request to them with the same results,problem solved.
It is that EVIDENCE that led to my faith. That is why I believe as I do.
The evidence was provided each time and as a result my faith grew ever stronger with each answered request.
It was not difficult to conclude that something or someone was responsible for providing me with the desired results.
The fact is that the prayers were answered within a day after my request was made known to God.....
So,am I to believe that I personally have some unknown power,that when I pray to God
causes my prayers to be answered ,or,is there some other power" God" that answers those prayers?
To me, the evidence has been provided,therefore I believe......
So, mine is not blind faith , I needed evidence in order to establish the foundation for my faith..Such evidence has been provided..........
The evidence is there and I did not dismiss it
So, to summarise:

You believe the supreme creator being(s) of the universe took the time out to help you get your dog back while all the while doing nothing while they watch thousands of men, women, children and babies die every day from famine and disease.

Cambridge, UK

#128711 Apr 19, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very familiar with the Bible. It's a neat book. It is evidence that people from 2000-3000 years ago in a particular part of the world told stories and had traditions.
Indeed.

Consider this:

A perfect and omniscient entity like the Bible god (who we hear is positively overflowing with love for his people) creates a primitive and barbaric justice system and expects his creation to enact it.

or

A primitive and barbaric people produce tales of a primitive and barbaric god who wants his followers to follow a primitive and barbaric justice system. Which, co-incidentally, is the only kind of justice these people know.

Cambridge, UK

#128712 Apr 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Permit me to correct your atrocious error , Tis not, Everyone in the world agrees that the Hebrews wrote those texts.
It is everybody in your world , the world of Topix, where a couple of 2 or 3 atheists ,masquerade as many, agrees that the Hebrews wrote those texts.
And you are partially right,the Hebrews wrote those texts,as inspired by God
You must be a twitter Fan , because indubidably , you are a twit
YIkessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssss
Have a look at those texts again.

We all know how you support the genocide, slavery, killing of homosexuals, killing of brides who aren't virgins and killing of people who practice freedom of religion.

You make a big play about how you are in favour of the slaughter of these people because they were sinning and "they had it coming" and "they got what they deserved".

How about the killing of 70,000 people because a census was taken?

Do you also support that as well?

Why was it a sin to conduct a census?

Cambridge, UK

#128713 Apr 19, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot to mention another Atheist Hero - Punk Rocker Bob Geldof
Geldof is a major league POS worshiped by the atheists.
Geldof introduced his own daughter to hard core drugs and his daughter Peaches ends up dead of a heroin overdose last week. 10 years prior Geldof drugs out with Peaches mother and she ends up dead from Heroin overdose as well.
These atheist types are horrible
Geldof is a first class piece of human garbage atheist
ROFLMAO!

Bet you wish you hadn't ignored me.

The problem is that you're so desperate to wind me up that you resort to outright lies.

You say Peaches Geldof died from a heroin overdose and that makes you a liar.

It looks like you don't know your bible very well because it says ALL liars (not some) are going into that lake of fire.

That means you, wetpants.

Cambridge, UK

#128714 Apr 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It certainly appears that when their misdeeds are brought to the Light, they head for the darkness , searching for excuses
Like one-time high ranking Cardinal O'Brien - leader of millions of Christians.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-2688345...

Cambridge, UK

#128715 Apr 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I posted,which you failed to address and changed the subject
The individuals that I have picked out are Stalwarts of the atheist community. Their views are based on their unbelief , incest can hardly be described as " Bad Behaviour" That type of behaviour is best described as decadent and degenerate.
Lawrence Krauss is a prominent atheist .
Peter Singer is a prominent atheist . It is he who condones beastiality as did Chris Hitchens,that based on their unbelief....
NAMBLA is an organization founded by atheist homosexuals, whosw main aim is to eradicate and weken our child protection laws.
MM O"hair is an atheist stalwart who believes that girls should be permitted to have unsupervised and unreined sex at anytime with anyone.
The common thread here is that these decadent types of behaviour are initiated by atheists in high places based on their moral code
Staks Rosch is a prominent atheist leader in the city of Philadelphia . It is he who wrote the article ; Atheism has a suicide problem where he also addressed the other problems that affliots atheists and which he claimed they did not wish to admit.
However , in their lawsuit , AA org.and some of their members admitted to a number of those same affictions.
And I could go on and on,,,,,,,,,,
The point being that, your claim about" I am picking on an Individuals" Bad Behaviour"
is another attempt to defend your faith with lies and misleading information.
That kite don't fly in stormy weather..........
Stick your nonsensical excuses in your ear..........and tell them to the unsuspecting victims you seek to deconvert
AND ,as usual, you intentionally overlooked the most relevant fact.
There are degenerates with decadent behaviour who reside within the Catholic church and other denominations . However , that is not what is taught by Christianity.
No " Stalwart Christian" that I know of condones incest,beastiality,necrophelia , sex at 10 years of age or any other type of immoral behaviour, as the aforementionjed atheists suggest is permissible.....
Just think of the destruction and harm to society and to individualsthat has been caused by those homosexual priests and bishops within the catholic church.
On the one hand , you rightfully condem their behaviour,while hypocritically defending homosexual rights.....
LOL

The Catholic Church created Christianity - without them you would have no Bible

Are Catholics Christians?

Of course they are! Catholics account for the vast majority of the world's Christians.

Are Mormons Christians? Absolutely!

Are KKK Christians? You bet!

Etc, etc

Cambridge, UK

#128716 Apr 19, 2014
curious wrote:
I will deal with your question based on what is contained in the Bible,not on your rationale.
Which translates as:

"I have crippled my own conscience and allowed an external enforcement agency to carry out that function on my behalf. I accept as good ethics whatever I am told are good ethics"

You can see how you're a prime candidate to be exploited. can't you?

Having surrendered your humanity, you can see the possibility of you being a threat to people?

Well, we freethinkers can see it.

We know you can't because your god is good.

Cambridge, UK

#128717 Apr 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , Geldof is one of Pre K's heroes....
Google this article and you will see what a disatrous personal life the man has gone through .
Peaches Geldof dead: Dad Bob tells of agony over daughter's death
you will see what a disatrous personal life Job has gone through .
Job's daughter dead: Dad Job tells of agony over daughter's death
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128718 Apr 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So, to summarise:
You believe the supreme creator being(s) of the universe took the time out to help you get your dog back while all the while doing nothing while they watch thousands of men, women, children and babies die every day from famine and disease.
In your arrogance ,ignorance and lack of understanding , I am not surprised that you reached that conclusion....

Cambridge, UK

#128721 Apr 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
In your arrogance ,ignorance and lack of understanding , I am not surprised that you reached that conclusion....
What?

Now you're saying that you don't believe the supreme creator being(s) took time out to help you find your dog.

First you say your god helped you and now you say your god didn't.

Make up your mind, fer Chrissake!

Cambridge, UK

#128722 Apr 19, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooo, It is obvious that you don't know jackshit about the basis for my beliefs....What you posted is the imaginary rantings of a feeble misguided mind.
Those are the fruits of your unbelief......For which I take no responsibility.
Just answer the question.

If you can.

Hmm, that sounds familiar, I do believe I used the same words when you ran away from Yiago's question, leaving it unanswered.

You're easily beaten, aren't you?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128724 Apr 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Which translates as:
"I have crippled my own conscience and allowed an external enforcement agency to carry out that function on my behalf. I accept as good ethics whatever I am told are good ethics"
You can see how you're a prime candidate to be exploited. can't you?
Having surrendered your humanity, you can see the possibility of you being a threat to people?
Well, we freethinkers can see it.
We know you can't because your god is good.
First of all , why donjt you let Yiago respond , instead of you behaving like a good errand boy and acting in his behalf.
Secondly , your attempts to deviate from the subject at hand are a failure.
Fact is that , you dare not provide the reasons and the objectives given by the Jews as instructed by God, where God condems such behaviour as Homosexuality , incest , beastiality and sex outside of marriage , among others as being sinful ,which defiles the individual and the land....
Well , those types of behaviours, which we know how decadent they are and the damage they cause, are the self same that the atheists I have been quoting condone.
YOU are a prime example of the mental anguish atheists inflict on themselves.
On the one hand you condem the actions of homosexual priests and on the other, you totally condone the homosexual lifestyle. That type of logic has to be wreaking havoc with your mind.
Some of you claim to be opposed to incest,,,those who do so,are agreeing with Him they don't believe in. Some of you who claim to be opposed to beastiality are in agreement with Him you don't believe in.....And the list goes on...
Incest ,homosexuality sex at any age without restraints,among others are cancers that destroy the moral fabric of any society.
Those who condone that type of behaviour are just as guilty as those who practice such.
But, you dare not address those issues, instead ,you will deviate with one of your farcical excuses.
You have more than abundantly proved your mental incompetence, the fruits of your unbelief.....
Your nonsense , gibberish and immoral logic only accomplishes strengthening my faith and most assuredly , you will not drag me back into the gutter, been there ,God got me out and I ain't going back in..........
So,when you have time, go aroud searching for a homosexual priest who has abused some male report him to the proper authorities and when he is charged, you can fill in as a character witness and defend his lifestyle,in your own imitable way.
You can inform the authorities that you are no longer an atheist or a secular humanist you are now a freethinker.All within one week.....Mentally discombobulated does not do justice to your fragile state of mind.
You must be going through a hormone induced evolutionary process heretofore unknown.
Who knows ,by next week you may have evolved into a dufus, a yam fam and a mamaluke
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah , the fruits of atheism, total dysfunction of a traumatized mind..........
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128725 Apr 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Just answer the question.
If you can.
Hmm, that sounds familiar, I do believe I used the same words when you ran away from Yiago's question, leaving it unanswered.
You're easily beaten, aren't you?
I ignore Yiagos and your attempts to answer questions based on your neurotic rationale.
Your attempts to get me to do so are futile. I will not participate in your childish games.
He knows what he needs to do and so do you.
You may be well versed in conning unsuspecting souls to fall into your traps.....
That kite will not fly based on your abundant supply of hot air.
Either put up or shut up
And remember;
Better to be thought a fool and keep your mouth shut
Than to open your mouth,as you have done,and removed all doubt.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128726 Apr 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Now you're saying that you don't believe the supreme creator being(s) took time out to help you find your dog.
First you say your god helped you and now you say your god didn't.
Make up your mind, fer Chrissake!
No,that is not what I am saying in response to what you posted.
Fool that you are, you were unable to articulate a sensible response to what I posted, therefore, you had to post one of the many abnormal thoughts that hibernate in your feeble mind

Thereby,confirming 2 of my favorite axioms
1) Better to remain silent and be thought a fool , than to speak out and remove all doubt

2) A wise man speaks when he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something

You have removed all doubt because you had to say something......
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128728 Apr 19, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>

"Yet she became more and more promiscuous as she recalled the days of her youth, when she was a prostitute in Egypt. There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses."
Ezekiel 23:19-20
Yeah, evidence of a pre-occupation with donkey dongs and horse cum
Oh holy holy holy
Seems that you are the one that has a fascination with the genitals of donkeys and horse emissions... You have posted that information on many occasions.
The meaning eludes you,but their description seems to fascinate you.
That,along with mixing excrement with you bread , when you are supposed to use the excrement as fuel to bake the bread.
Ya see, that is what happens when unbelievers try to interpret the bible.
Careful with that donkey, I hear they kick like mules when someone gets too close to their gentals to get a close look , or some other immoral desire
They are not like your household pets
And,if you have , accidentally or by design ,been consuming human excrement, I doubt they will let you kiss them
Anyhow , to be on the safe side,you'd best check with Peter Singer, He is the expert on beastiality
YIpppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeee

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannon Hampton?? 14 min Iknow 7
What Shape is Old Artemus in ? 16 min Tara 2
The Specialist's Office. 17 min Sakbreath 76
Politicians seeking sympathy VOTES !!!!! 2 hr prayers for all 33
Bible Verse of the Day 4 hr Blessed One 9
Chris fisher (Jul '14) 4 hr MEH 9
Re Elect Jm Hall VOTE Steve Warren in 2018 6 hr ashley 191
deputy fired over photo on Facebook Sat Just saying 45

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web