Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148998 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128154 Apr 11, 2014

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#128155 Apr 11, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You mean.... I would save time by not responding to inane posts like this one???
It's funny how certain people think Salvation is drivel.....
I wonder what your thought will be at your passing???
I know what they will be if you are alive when the Lord returns....
It's in the Bible!
Repent, and Trust in Jesus!
Yes, drivel like that. The real truth is that you believe in Paul and the doctrines established by the early Catholics.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128156 Apr 11, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>

A corrupt tree cannot bring forth good fruit just as a good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit.
By their fruits ye shall know them.
So we agree that fruits are a good analogy for organized religion. The outside seems healthy, tasty and sweet, but the seeds will often make you sick.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#128157 Apr 11, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied Christianity for 50 + years and joined many different sects of Christianity in search for total truth.
You mean you found one that fits your comfort zone. LDS believes all Christians sect will be in one of the 3 heavens? Would that would include the KKK who claim to be Christian?

In the other sects you joined, were you baptized into each sect? Which ones?

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#128158 Apr 11, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
I have studied Christianity for 50 + years and joined many different sects of Christianity in search for total truth.
After joining the LDS Church, I found out what it was to be a true Christian
Does it not bother you that Joseph Smith was a confirmed con artist?

“Hats Off to God”

Since: Jun 09

3rd Rock

#128159 Apr 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So we agree that fruits are a good analogy for organized religion. The outside seems healthy, tasty and sweet, but the seeds will often make you sick.
The analogy was "good fruit", not the ones that make you sick.

“Hats Off to God”

3rd Rock

#128160 Apr 11, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you found one that fits your comfort zone. LDS believes all Christians sect will be in one of the 3 heavens? Would that would include the KKK who claim to be Christian?
In the other sects you joined, were you baptized into each sect? Which ones?
Claiming to be Christian in this life means little, the ultimate judge will decide that.

My personal baptism record shouldn't be of any concern to you.

Blessed are the meek, they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are the peace makers, for their's is the kingdom of Heaven.

Blessed are the pure at heart, for they shall see God.(all paraphrased).

“Hats Off to God”

3rd Rock

#128161 Apr 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Does it not bother you that Joseph Smith was a confirmed con artist?
Where is your proof and what does that have to do with God's plan of salvation through Christ His Son?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128162 Apr 11, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
LOL! Poor curious is trying to appear literate and doens't even get the Shakespear quote correct.
If only he was a tiny bit as clever as he thinks he is.
Khatru, I notice he hasn't apologized to you for calling you a liar about where you live.
The big "ah hah" became a big "oops."
But he will ignore his faux pas and hope everyone will forget it.
It seems to be a pattern with him.
LOL poor you and your atheist friends. You could not ,nor did you attempt to disprove the basis for my claim that atheism is a threat to your health due to the maladies it engenders among those who belong to that faith..........

Location hidden

#128163 Apr 11, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof
- He was convicted of fraud after trying to convince people he could find treasure with magic seeing stones. Sound familiar?
- He couldn't reproduce the text he supposedly translated after the first copy was lost.
- His revelations include demonstrably false claims, such as the native Americans being a lost tribe of Israelites. Genetic testing has shown that native Americans have no Semetic heritage.
- Before we could read hieroglyphics, he claimed to be able to translate them and created the 'Book of Abraham". After finding the Rosetta stone, hieroglyphics were decoded and it was realized that Smith's translation was complete nonsense: he was lying.
Lehi wrote:
and what does that have to do with God's plan of salvation through Christ His Son?
Nothing, but there's no reason to believe that is true either.
truth

United States

#128164 Apr 11, 2014
Its wrong i don't want my kids learning that garbage

“Hats Off to God”

3rd Rock

#128165 Apr 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
- He was convicted of fraud after trying to convince people he could find treasure with magic seeing stones. Sound familiar?
- He couldn't reproduce the text he supposedly translated after the first copy was lost.
- His revelations include demonstrably false claims, such as the native Americans being a lost tribe of Israelites. Genetic testing has shown that native Americans have no Semetic heritage.
- Before we could read hieroglyphics, he claimed to be able to translate them and created the 'Book of Abraham". After finding the Rosetta stone, hieroglyphics were decoded and it was realized that Smith's translation was complete nonsense: he was lying.
<quoted text>
Nothing, but there's no reason to believe that is true either.
Keep looking back through history for perceived faults if you must but I choose to look forward. I wasn't there and neither were you. You have no proof of any of your claims and if you decide to post something you find on a crap site, make sure it's real proof and not "he said, she said" crap as usual.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128166 Apr 11, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
The analogy was "good fruit", not the ones that make you sick.
Cyanide in peach pits and ignorance in pews. Analogy stands.

Location hidden

#128167 Apr 11, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep looking back through history for perceived faults if you must but I choose to look forward. I wasn't there and neither were you.
Why would I have to be there? These are all historical facts.

- He was convicted of fraud by a court of New York. http://mormonthink.com/QUOTES/js1826.htm

- He couldn't reproduce his translation of the Book of Lehi after the copies were lost.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_116_pages

- The Book of Mormon claims that native Americans are descended from Lehi, and are thus Israelites. Genetics shows this to be false.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetics_and_the...

- Joseph Smith translated an Egyptian papyrus. He entire translation was wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_Abraham#...
Lehi wrote:
You have no proof of any of your claims and if you decide to post something you find on a crap site, make sure it's real proof and not "he said, she said" crap as usual.
All of my statements are proven facts. You follow a known con artist.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128168 Apr 11, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof and what does that have to do with God's plan of salvation through Christ His Son?
10.9 quake on the irony scale. News at 5.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#128169 Apr 11, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I don't read your posts. I simply don't think they are worth replying to.
I don't address you though I may talk about your foolishness to others.
Where you get the "living in France" thing, I have no idea.
If I cared about your remarks, I would say "show me where I said I was in France,"
but, you see, since you are an idiot, I won't ask.
You just make up stuff...and then you believe it. Waste of time....
He probably got the "living in France" thing from same obsession about me living in America.

Cambridge, UK

#128170 Apr 11, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it was because after Pharaoh said "You guys are free to split." they set about ripping off everything in the region that wasn't nailed down and looted the Pharaohs treasury and stole the Pharaohs other peoples crap before they took off in a trot.....
LOL

That's about the size of it.

Thieving bastards!

They even stole other people's religion.

Cambridge, UK

#128171 Apr 11, 2014
huh wrote:
Why can't everyone just get along?
Because Christianity is so divisive.

"You're either with us or you're damned"

That's the mantra of the Christians.

Cambridge, UK

#128172 Apr 11, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Ask Him!
I doubt it was near 56,000,000, but they(us) are His to begin with, AND
Would it be better to be in heaven because God wants you there, than
be in Hell because you want to go???
I know.... you don't believe in Hell....
Wait n see... I know God is Real, and Salvation
is yours for the asking!
Of course I don't believe in Hell

I know that you do.

I also know that you believe perfect love involves creating a gigantic torture chamber, filling it with monsters and demons and putting people in there against their wills and torturing them for eternity.

Cambridge, UK

#128173 Apr 11, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That would be Stupid to say that... now wouldn't it???
Yes, it would be very stupid to sat that.

Except that you did say that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 2 min TuQuick4You 13
Merrill speaks out, where? 19 min Enlightened 4
stinking creek 24 min Brenda 67
Msc topic disappeared wonder why lol??? 28 min Amy 15
Yolanda 2 hr nasty girl 11
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 3 hr Blue 32
Three liquor stores in bville 4 hr in the know 22
Jessie J. Mills 11 hr Basketball man 4
KCHS principal 22 hr Tax payer 30

Barbourville Jobs