Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 148870 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#128113 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So your dream world is one where no one questions your evidence free claims?
I don't live in a dream world,nor do I desire to. That is your mind rambling along aimlessly.
There is your answer
It sounds like your answer is "I'm rubber and you're glue." Feel free to copy and paste it as your future posts. It fairly sums up most of what you've said for the past several months, anyway.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128114 Apr 10, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
**apologies......my above post should say:
doesn't..not doens't
Shakespeare...not Shakespear
You seem to know Shakespeare so well , you can't even spell his name
Howbeit , no need for an apology Shakespeare doens't get mad when his name is misspelled
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be
a fool.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128115 Apr 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like your answer is "I'm rubber and you're glue." Feel free to copy and paste it as your future posts. It fairly sums up most of what you've said for the past several months, anyway.
Is that what it SOUNDS like to you?
Ya must be tone deaf along with being mentally dyspepsiad..........
I do believe I have gotten under your skin ,,,, The truth has that effect on some people

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#128116 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Shows how much you know, you ninny.
I asn't quoting Shakespear,,,,,So you noticed that I needed not apologize for my accurate remarks,,,,,,,,,,
Astounding that you noticed that , given that you claim not to read what I post.
Well , I have concluded that I may have possibly been wrong about the city he was visiting.
He might have been in London, it is the county seat for Laurel county in Kentucky.
Problem is,when I stated that he had been visiting in Washington ,he did not deny it
Be that as it may , he is not a resident of the UK.
Remember when you were supposedly living in France and made the claim that one could easily change one's location to make it appear you were living somewhere else..
So you flew across the English channel amd are now living in Nottingham under one of your many aliases..........Say hello to Maid Marion and the sheriff..........
Wait,there is more..........Friar Tuck..........little John
..........Will Scarlet..........King Artheur ,,,,,,,,,,Merlin
Sir Lancelot..........Benedict Arnold..........Camilla
I never said I don't read your posts. I simply don't think they are worth replying to.
I don't address you though I may talk about your foolishness to others.

Where you get the "living in France" thing, I have no idea.
If I cared about your remarks, I would say "show me where I said I was in France,"
but, you see, since you are an idiot, I won't ask.

You just make up stuff...and then you believe it. Waste of time....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128117 Apr 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I gladly admit that I do not understand your nastiness and hostility Your Lord Jesus Christ doesn't seem to have any kinship with Jesus the Nazarite..
We don't know and we may never know. With every answer comes ten questions. This is a universal truth.
You prefer the obvious lie that you do know and will always know, but what you have is belief - and equally obviously that is not knowledge.
There is much you do not understand , your misconceptions are numerous.
Problem is that your foundation is based on 'We don't know and may never Know" and your nonanswer merely raises many questions,which you can not answer.
However , for those who claim that they do not know and yet claim that they know it was not God,makes them out to be VERY foolish indeed
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128118 Apr 10, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I don't read your posts. I simply don't think they are worth replying to.
I don't address you though I may talk about your foolishness to others.
Where you get the "living in France" thing, I have no idea.
If I cared about your remarks, I would say "show me where I said I was in France,"
but, you see, since you are an idiot, I won't ask.
You just make up stuff...and then you believe it. Waste of time....
Ok. Now we are getting down to brass tacks..You are admitting that you are a gossiper.
At least, however , you mustered the courage to address me directly and ineptly.
Obviously you care ABOUT my remarks or you would not be addressing them.
C'mon , you love to read what I post....You are addicted and can not help yourself

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128119 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
There is much you do not understand , your misconceptions are numerous.
Problem is that your foundation is based on 'We don't know and may never Know" and your nonanswer merely raises many questions,which you can not answer.
However , for those who claim that they do not know and yet claim that they know it was not God,makes them out to be VERY foolish indeed
I understand just fine. You have an empty feeling that you cram religiousness into and it makes you feel better. Evidenced by your interactions and demeanor you are obviously still miserable and your cup runneth over with spite, so it doesn't seem to be working out all that well for you. Sorry.
The one REAL question you might have a definitive answer to is "How long have you been delusional?"
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128120 Apr 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand just fine. You have an empty feeling that you cram religiousness into and it makes you feel better. Evidenced by your interactions and demeanor you are obviously still miserable and your cup runneth over with spite, so it doesn't seem to be working out all that well for you. Sorry.
The one REAL question you might have a definitive answer to is "How long have you been delusional?"
I had an empty disgusting feeling when I was an agnostic and you are right ,once I accepted Christ as my saviour I do feel much better , peace of mind that is undescribable , no longer do I have that empty disgusting feeling ,so it is working very well for me.
Contrast that to the mental state of those who deconvert.
Suicidial tendencies,deep depression , loneliness,feeling abandoned etal.
Constantly debating about a God they claim not to believe in,but, can not eliminate from their minds. An empty feeling that they can not fill
The one real question is, Which would a reasonably mentally stable person prefer?
That is why I can claim that
My God Lives , My God Reigns and Jesus Christ is Lord

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#128121 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
NOooooooh, Again you shoe w your inability to understand.
, something I have become accustomed to.
Fact is that neither science or evolution can present me with a believable or viable alternative yo my beliefs.
You and the other atheists on this forum have had ample opportunities to present your case.
Unfortunately , as I have stated before , when your opening statement is " We don't know and we may never know"that is not a very encouraging way to begin a discussion, most assuredly,it is not persuasive.
That is why I still will unashamedly admit
My God lives , My God Regns and Jesus Christ is Lord
So if we do not know, then your god must exit?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128122 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I had an empty disgusting feeling when I was an agnostic and you are right ,once I accepted Christ as my saviour I do feel much better , peace of mind that is undescribable , no longer do I have that empty disgusting feeling ,so it is working very well for me.
Constantly debating about a God they claim not to believe in,but, can not eliminate from their minds. An empty feeling that they can not fill
The one real question is, Which would a reasonably mentally stable person prefer?
Yet most atheists and agnostics do not have such feelings, yet you cannot explain that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128123 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So you felt abandoned? Well of course that fits.....

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128124 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So doubt causes you to make claims you have zero evidence for?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128125 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So your dream world is one where no one questions your evidence free claims?
I don't live in a dream world,nor do I desire to. That is your mind rambling along aimlessly.
There is your answer
I am still waiting for your answer., do you dream of not being questioned or not? I personally would think such a world would be a farce.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#128126 Apr 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
And why was Pharaoh's army in pursuit of Moses and his people?
Especially as Pharaoh had already decided to let them go.
Because after they were released, God decided to take harden Pharaoh's heart again and thus take away Pharaoh's free will.
Or maybe it was because after Pharaoh said "You guys are free to split." they set about ripping off everything in the region that wasn't nailed down and looted the Pharaohs treasury and stole the Pharaohs other peoples crap before they took off in a trot.....
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#128127 Apr 10, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe it was because after Pharaoh said "You guys are free to split." they set about ripping off everything in the region that wasn't nailed down and looted the Pharaohs treasury and stole the Pharaohs other peoples crap before they took off in a trot.....
Maybe Mr. Quantummist it is about time for you to take off in a trot..........
huh

Warsaw, VA

#128128 Apr 10, 2014
Why can't everyone just get along?
Holy Spirit

United States

#128130 Apr 11, 2014
don't lie..truth for comfort and peace .

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#128131 Apr 11, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
LOL! Poor curious is trying to appear literate and doens't even get the Shakespear quote correct.
If only he was a tiny bit as clever as he thinks he is.
Khatru, I notice he hasn't apologized to you for calling you a liar about where you live.
The big "ah hah" became a big "oops."
But he will ignore his faux pas and hope everyone will forget it.
It seems to be a pattern with him.
It's funny watching him frothing at the mouth and getting increasingly wound up in his delusions about where people are from.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128132 Apr 11, 2014
Holy Spirit wrote:
don't lie..truth for comfort and peace .
"Don't lie" is what the non-religious have been saying all along. Truth is not always comfortable or peaceful.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#128133 Apr 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll ask again, where did you get your 1% statistic from, YaA?
Contraception is murder but letting the mother die isn't - because you and yours are in a collective punch drunk religious torpor? Yeah, that's rational...
What is funny is that you think you're qualified to tell anyone what a fact is.
Jesus was a liberal.
Reasons given for having abortions in the United States
by Wm. Robert Johnston
last updated 26 August 2012

Summary: This report reviews available statistics regarding reasons given for obtaining abortions in the United States, including surveys by the Alan Guttmacher Institute and data from seven state health/statistics agencies that report relevant statistics (Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nebraska, South Dakota, and Utah). The official data imply that AGI claims regarding "hard case" abortions are inflated by roughly a factor of three. Actual percentage of U.S. abortions in "hard cases" are estimated as follows: in cases of rape, 0.3%; in cases of incest, 0.03%; in cases of risk to maternal life, 0.1%; in cases of risk to maternal health, 1%; and in cases of fetal health issues, 0.5%. About 98% of abortions in the United States are elective, including socio-economic reasons or for birth control. This includes perhaps 30% for primarily economic reasons.
http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/aborti...

In the case of peril to the Mother... We make the hard decision, and terminate the child (IF that is what the Mother wishes), but we do NOT celebrate making that choice... we Mourn it!

.1%!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School board member chooses liquor over KIDS ! 13 min BHS mom 11
tara 57 min Heard 3
Liquor License to locals only 1 hr Monopoly 7
chinese restaurant RUDE 1 hr Calli Anna 9
Liquor sales or kids welfare ? CHOICE ! 2 hr STFU 10
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 3 hr mom 15
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 4 hr Not liquor first 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages