Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151684 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128095 Apr 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Too true
Sadly, even the tiniest gaps in our knowledge are enough for the gullible to abandon reality and plug the gap with superstition and ju-ju.
You and Yiago better get a new act. What you claim to be tiny gaps are yawning canyons of unlimited size. As Duket has so eloquently stated " We don't know and may never know" that is hardly to be interpreted as a tiny gap,that is a hole that can not be filled by YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
Your crumbling dykes are the futile theories and hypothesis that have been discarded as wworthless and inefficient....
Those humomgous gaps , you fill in with , we need billions of years and hopefully you will arrive at an answer. That is what you place your Faith in.
In your world JuJubes can spontaneously come to life ,but you are unable to explain how
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128096 Apr 10, 2014
BTW Pre K
There might be some validity to your having been visiting London.
Your confused mental state somehow got it wrong.
The county seat for Laurel county in Kentucky is called London.
You might have been in the right city,but,wrong country
BOBOLON
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128097 Apr 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
Millions of Christians believe that the main condition for getting into Heaven is not that we observe the Golden Rule. Instead, it's that we love Jesus, and to God, that is more important than following the Golden Rule.
It's not nice to harm your fellow humans but as long as you end up loving Jesus with all your heart then you'll be OK for your ticket to Heaven.
Of course, we all know that any religion/philosopy that advocates torturing/killing people who have a different view is morally degenerate.
It has become quite evident by your postings that your moribund mind ha reached new levels of incompetence when it comes to reading comprehension....

Of course,as a result of independent studies ,A USMC report, filed lawsuits and the opinion of an atheist leader ,we have been informed that the atheist religion can cause it's members to become suicidial , more likely to become addicted to drugs and alcohol, deeply depressed, suffer from anxiety, dyspepsia ,headaches , feel lonely and abandoned.
While we find that those who accept Christ feel overflowing joy and a renewing of the mind.
based on that information,one will conclude that atheism is a threat to your well being and quite detrimental to your health
ALAS POOR YORICK , I KNEW HIM WELL..........
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128098 Apr 10, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, only YOU couldn't understand it.
LOL I took what you wrote to a psychiatrist. He interpreted it for me.
He understood it to mean
oooo ninana nana nooonooo ting tang walla walla bang bang..........
He mentioned that many of his patients that he has committed to mental institutios make the same analogies........He gots an extra room,,,you wanna check in..........

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#128099 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I took what you wrote to a psychiatrist.
You should head back there.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#128100 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ,
I do believe you are quite mistaken again , His is not a dream world ,He believes in God and Christ , undoubtedly with good reasons which you are unable to understand.
The yapping of dogs at our heels is something we wear with honor , as Christ warned us that this would happen. We would be mocked for believing in him.
However, the time will come when the mockers will be put in their place and those who believe will be given rest from their burdens.
That is something you will continue to dispute and mock due to your lack of spiritual discernment..........
All those words and you could not tell me the answer to my question.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128101 Apr 10, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>

To me it is harder to believe your idea than to believe intelligent design was responsible but I can see how some egos need to feel supreme.
Easy does not make it so. It can be hard to understand science. Probably why most people are not scientists. The more you know about any particular science, the easier it is to understand.

Some egos like to be stroked. Brings to mind the commandments your supposed god mandated. He demands you worship him. Can't think of a better example of a supreme ego than that.
And you feel your god made all. Again seems like a giant ego situation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128102 Apr 10, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say that when the first seeds fell they bounced back up having not found a suitable spot to germinate and then were reconfigured to travel farther on the next attempt? Or are you saying that when the seeds fell, the plant looked down and said "that didn't work very well" and decided to make the next batch differently?
Do plants have a R&D department (that's research and development in case you don't know)? Yes, it's sarcasm.
If you people would explain your argument using proper comparisons, and a little more common sense, it would be much better.
Now go ahead and make fun of my lack of education, not much else you can do.
The plant does not know, but it's offspring that repopulates better and survives better is the one with genes that are passed on. The genes are the key. So the genes that reproduce more, win, so to speak.

Evolution mostly boils down to reproduction and survival.
I see you keep associating thought with how plants act, but that is natural for humans to do. But it does not make it the correct answer. Some things are counter intuitive. Science strives to look below the surface and does not rely on human guesswork, which is what you are doing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128104 Apr 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Galatians 1:8 is one Bible passage
I have no idea what you mean by cannonized?
The structure of the New Testament Church is explained in the Bible.
Jesus is the final prophet. I think you need to define what you mean by prophet.
The bible was organized by the council of Nicene. This was the official canonized bible that all Christian bibles are based upon. Before this, there was no Christian bible.
You speak if the bible as if the writers of it all sat together and agreed on it as is. Well it just makes you sound as if you have no idea how the bible actually came to be.
Kind of hard to take you seriously when you do not know the history of the book you rely upon so much.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#128105 Apr 10, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you know something I don't know. I only go by what the Bible says and it says he was anointed at his baptism.
If you are correct then he had to be anointed all over again if he was already anointed before in heaven.
Come on "do whut" the Bible shows that there and only be one true religion. Can you prove that Mormonism is the true one? And I need more than just you saying you are, I need proof from the Bible.
Have at it.
You need proof? So faith is not important? Can you prove the bible is of a true religion?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#128106 Apr 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
There are idiots and there are trolls and then there is Chromoman
First of all Israel was under Roman Rule during the time so Paul was violating Roman Law. So he was not only freely admitted he was a thug persecutor of innocent men but he was a murderer.
I have cited numerous chapter and verse enough for my liking. You are free to believe whatever you wish. I will believe the Bible and you will believe whatever sounds good to you on a particular day. Good luck figuring it all out, you will need it.
I admit I like to stir the pot, but as you've pointed out I'm neither an idiot nor a troll.
Citing enough for your liking lies somewhere between zero and none. You continuously lay claims that aren't even in the Bible, and even when you do provide a verse or chapter (is it 2 or 3 now? I've lost count) it doesn't support your contentions. Perhaps you'd like to try again, but I doubt it. What text states that Saul killed anyone? It says he tried to destroy the church (cult) and that he imprisoned (arrested) church (cult) members but otherwise, it doesn't even say that he killed Stephen - it says that witnesses laid their clothes at the feet of a young man named Saul. It doesn't say that Saul threw any rocks and you can't seriously think there was only one young man named Saul living in Jerusalem...(Well, you can but you shouldn't.) In any case, it was not a violation of the occupation to uphold local (Jewish) law as long as the natives (temple) did not attempt to supersede Roman authority. This was standard practice throughout the empire with their other territories as well. AGAIN, the Christian cult WAS NOT innocent under Jewish Law, they were heretics and blasphemers.
Not that any of that tangent matters to me. My point is that though Paul never met Jesus he wrote half of the books of the NT. Even if you go with the road to Damascus >tale< (and I'm sure you do) he did not have any lengthy interviews with the ghost. What does that say for the veracity of the Jesus story?
Speaking of myths, I am not yet satisfied with your complete lack of diligence in proving your statements about Noah being mocked and neighbor kids being invited. Is avoiding responsibility for your statements and believing whatever you think sounds good a couple of the commandments I've missed?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#128107 Apr 10, 2014
LOL! Poor curious is trying to appear literate and doens't even get the Shakespear quote correct.

If only he was a tiny bit as clever as he thinks he is.

Khatru, I notice he hasn't apologized to you for calling you a liar about where you live.
The big "ah hah" became a big "oops."
But he will ignore his faux pas and hope everyone will forget it.
It seems to be a pattern with him.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128108 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
NOooooooh, Again you shoe w your inability to understand.
, something I have become accustomed to.
Fact is that neither science or evolution can present me with a believable or viable alternative yo my beliefs.
You and the other atheists on this forum have had ample opportunities to present your case.
Unfortunately , as I have stated before , when your opening statement is " We don't know and we may never know"that is not a very encouraging way to begin a discussion, most assuredly,it is not persuasive.
That is why I still will unashamedly admit
My God lives , My God Regns and Jesus Christ is Lord
I gladly admit that I do not understand your nastiness and hostility Your Lord Jesus Christ doesn't seem to have any kinship with Jesus the Nazarite..
We don't know and we may never know. With every answer comes ten questions. This is a universal truth.
You prefer the obvious lie that you do know and will always know, but what you have is belief - and equally obviously that is not knowledge.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128109 Apr 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The bible was organized by the council of Nicene. This was the official canonized bible that all Christian bibles are based upon. Before this, there was no Christian bible.
You speak if the bible as if the writers of it all sat together and agreed on it as is. Well it just makes you sound as if you have no idea how the bible actually came to be.
Kind of hard to take you seriously when you do not know the history of the book you rely upon so much.
Why am I not surprised that 70 can't even spell "canonized", much less define or reference it?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#128110 Apr 10, 2014
**apologies......my above post should say:

doesn't..not doens't

Shakespeare...not Shakespear
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128111 Apr 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>All those words and you could not tell me the answer to my question.
So your dream world is one where no one questions your evidence free claims?

I don't live in a dream world,nor do I desire to. That is your mind rambling along aimlessly.
There is your answer
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128112 Apr 10, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
LOL! Poor curious is trying to appear literate and doens't even get the Shakespear quote correct.
If only he was a tiny bit as clever as he thinks he is.
Khatru, I notice he hasn't apologized to you for calling you a liar about where you live.
The big "ah hah" became a big "oops."
But he will ignore his faux pas and hope everyone will forget it.
It seems to be a pattern with him.
LOL
Shows how much you know, you ninny.
I asn't quoting Shakespear,,,,,So you noticed that I needed not apologize for my accurate remarks,,,,,,,,,,
Astounding that you noticed that , given that you claim not to read what I post.
Well , I have concluded that I may have possibly been wrong about the city he was visiting.
He might have been in London, it is the county seat for Laurel county in Kentucky.
Problem is,when I stated that he had been visiting in Washington ,he did not deny it
Be that as it may , he is not a resident of the UK.
Remember when you were supposedly living in France and made the claim that one could easily change one's location to make it appear you were living somewhere else..
So you flew across the English channel amd are now living in Nottingham under one of your many aliases..........Say hello to Maid Marion and the sheriff..........
Wait,there is more..........Friar Tuck..........little John
..........Will Scarlet..........King Artheur ,,,,,,,,,,Merlin
Sir Lancelot..........Benedict Arnold..........Camilla

“See how you are?”

Earth

#128113 Apr 10, 2014
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So your dream world is one where no one questions your evidence free claims?
I don't live in a dream world,nor do I desire to. That is your mind rambling along aimlessly.
There is your answer
It sounds like your answer is "I'm rubber and you're glue." Feel free to copy and paste it as your future posts. It fairly sums up most of what you've said for the past several months, anyway.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128114 Apr 10, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
**apologies......my above post should say:
doesn't..not doens't
Shakespeare...not Shakespear
You seem to know Shakespeare so well , you can't even spell his name
Howbeit , no need for an apology Shakespeare doens't get mad when his name is misspelled
The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be
a fool.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

#128115 Apr 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like your answer is "I'm rubber and you're glue." Feel free to copy and paste it as your future posts. It fairly sums up most of what you've said for the past several months, anyway.
Is that what it SOUNDS like to you?
Ya must be tone deaf along with being mentally dyspepsiad..........
I do believe I have gotten under your skin ,,,, The truth has that effect on some people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Higher Property Taxes 1 hr taxpayer 13
Give him a second chance DNA (Dec '11) 2 hr Charlie 9
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 2 hr Flowers 38
College Heights Apartments 2 hr johnny 6
Older men Younger women 3 hr Angel eyes 9
Knox county voters support TRUMP ! (Jan '16) 8 hr FHillarySupporters 15
Police: Woman arrested after passing out in car 8 hr YourLifeMustSuck 6

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance