Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 170017 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#127800 Apr 7, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>How convenient!
So.... the People that came before Joseph Smith has not been saved???
It makes as much sense as the people before Jesus not being saved.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127801 Apr 7, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The words that you put in my mouth was the anti semitism comment. I'm not against Jews in the least. Not believing as they do doesn't mean I am anti.
I will clarify a typo I made. I meant Live, not Love. My mistake. They do not live the higher laws right now that Jesus restored.
Specifically, what laws could the Jews not live by? What laws were restored? And if you say (the priesthood) please explain what it is about the priesthood that the Jews were incapable of handling as if they were lesser peoples?
Dog Boy and proud

Winter Garden, FL

#127802 Apr 7, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course non-believers are better educated. Studies show the religiously impaired are below average in all subjects except mythology.
Atheists have demonstrated their superior intelligence in a variety of ways...
Let us analyze them.
Studies show that Atheists are more likely to become addicted to drugs and alcohol , be gripped by depression , anxiety and suicidial thendencies than believers.
Those who deconvert are afflicted by depression, anxiety , feeling lonely and abandoned and feeling suicidial" Staks Rosch"
Those who accept Christ are overwhelmed with joy and happiness.
The Atheist can be judged as the intelligent choice for those who want to wreck their lives

Atheists further confirm their superior intelligence by claiming that a historical relic, in the form of a cross that will be housed at the 9/11 museum has caused them to be afflicted by
Dyspepsia, anxiety, depression , mental anguish and headaches.

However , That is not all.
Their intelligence has led them to believe that life,intelligence and consciousness does not need an intelligent creator.
These properties all had their origin spontaneously by accidedntal means.

"Scientific hypotheses about the origins of life can be divided into a number of categories. Many approaches investigate how self-replicating molecules or their components came into existence. On the ASSUMPTION THAT life originated spontaneously on Earth, theMiller–Urey experiment and similar experiments demonstrated that most amino acids, often called "the building blocks of life", can be racemically synthesized in conditions which were intended to be similar to those of the early Earth. Several mechanisms have been investigated, including lightning and radiation. Other approaches ("metabolism first" hypotheses) focus on understanding how catalysis in chemical systems in the early Earth MIGHT HAVE PROVIDED the precursor molecules necessary for self-replication.
So we have ,'On the assumption that" and " Might have provided" as the wobbly and built on quicksand as the foundation of their arguments.
And there is more,,,, All attempts to confirm their hypotheses and theories have ended in FAILURE....
Atheist intelligence at it's best. Which nobody can deny..........
Deputy Dawg..........
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepers

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127803 Apr 7, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if....
You understand that the KJV tells of the Catholic church...
Changing the Laws, and times (removing the second commandment, AND changing the Sabbath from Sat-Sun)???
Now....
Do you also understand that the NT also warned of people preaching another Jesus???
Mormon's preach another Jesus.....(Not the one in the Bible)!
I truly hope you understand.... No one NEEDS Joseph Smith to be saved, and
Biblically Those With Joe.... are not saved!
If you think the KJV is corrupt... read the 1599 Geneva Bible, and learn Greek
if you need to!
Just telling you this, as you've said "Love never fails", and I want you saved!
So if Jesus came to you and told you things, it would be against your rules to preach it?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127804 Apr 7, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9X6nPJdytXUXX
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
Something Amazing is going to happen.... Soon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Soon" evidently means nothing relevant to what most humans consider the word to mean when a fundamentalist says it. A day could mean a thousand years, so "soon" could be a billion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127805 Apr 7, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not wish any disrespect to your Faith.
The Bible clearly states that anything outside of the Bible is false doctrine there is no other Gospel.
Galatians 1:8
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. 9 As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
Jesus Christ was the FINAL prophet anyone who comes after Christ claiming truth is a false prophet. This is not my opinion it is Biblical scripture.
Again, I mean no disrespect to Mormons.
Who is this "we"? You keep dodging that point. The bible was not a book when this passage was written, so the "we" was not the bible.
Wait a minute

United States

#127806 Apr 7, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling."
Sounds like a slave...or a dog.
Religion is disgusting.
So are you and your comments. I know of no Christian that feels like a dog or a slave. They are happy to serve the Lord and are thankful to Him for His saving grace. No one FORCED them to serve the Lord. It also says Serve the Lord with gladness, come before His presence with singing. Just because in your ignorance you hate God,(for reasons I cannot imagine) doesn't mean everyone else has to. They are gloriously happy in the service of the Lord. Being in outer darkness, lost without God would make me tremble. I don't know if your profile picture is really you or not, but I can say if it is, that it is a shame for a nice innocent looking woman as yourself to be in Satan's service. Don't say you don't believe in Satan either, because you know him very well and do his bidding daily. You are bound by sin and you are a servent to that sin. Everyday you have to wake up and serve that sin.. How you say? By trying to help him destroy Christ and His church.. That will never happen. Jesus said upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Wouldn't you love to be at peace with God and truly happy for a change. Peace that passes all understanding.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#127807 Apr 7, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
<quoted text>
Your attempts to hide the truth by posting misleading statements and intentionally lying in order to defeng your faith are well known
First , you are not telling the truth when you claim that" the opposite of your position where you claim that you know that a god does exist"
That is a lie ,often repeaterd by you,Duket and if I remember correctly . Lodi and Box.
I have never stated that I know God exists , what I have stated is that I believe God exists and I have given very sound reasons for my beliefs.
Secondly, you claim not to be an atheist , but, what you post clearly indicates otherwise , recently you were descreibed as an " assertive atheist" so am not the only one that has reached the conclusion that ,based on your postings ,you are an atheist , in spite of your convenient denials..If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ,it aim't a chicken. IT"S a DUCK.
Thirdly, and not important ,but further evidence that you lean toward falsehoods.
Guffaw , excuse my laughter LOL.
Recently you posted that" I was whining at your absence from topix because you had spent a few days at " the nations capital"
To which I responded"That you were away for a few days in Washington does not cause me to whine , but it does cause me to WINE, I drink to your absence......
Do not try to pick a Bone with me..........You will lose your hiney........
I knew I caught you im a lie and I set you up and you missed it
When you responed to that post , you did not deny having been in Washinton ,meaning that you absent mindedly admit to having been posting from somewhere in the USA all along.
However,you have claimed to be a BRIT posting from Nottingham in the UK as your avatar clearly indicates...
That is how I have managed to catch all you Atheists when you lie and mislead..
our lies eventually give you away. You are no more a Brit than I am a Ninja warrioe.
You are an intentionally misleading American Atneist , unable to admit his faith and incapable of hiding it.
Shame on you, for denying your American heritage in order to attempt to defend your faith,which you now deny..........
ANOTHER SUCCESFUL INVESTIGATION BY dEPUTY DOG.
pROVE ME WRONG...ATTEMPTS TO LIE WILL BE DISMISSED ,MUCH LIKE THE ATHEIST LAWSUIT..........lol
yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssss
ROFLMAO!

Cambridge, UK

#127808 Apr 7, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
Correction
Should read
Your lies eventually give you away. You are no more a Brit than I am a Ninja warrioe.
Still

ROFLMAO!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127809 Apr 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
No women?
That's hardly fair in this modern age of equality/
And that is a major problem of religion. Kind of hard to change with the newfound understanding of morality when you are stuck in dogmatic rules. It is the reason for so much war and discrimination as shown in history. But we are supposedly the bad guys for trying to introduce better moral reasoning than the ancient men who claimed they spoke for the gods.

Cambridge, UK

#127810 Apr 7, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
If you diligently seek me I will be found,,,,,,It all hinges on the word " DILIGENTLY"
Ah yes, that explains why the Muslims, Zorastrians, Hindus, Sikhs, Jainists, Taoists, etc have all found their gods.

Cambridge, UK

#127811 Apr 7, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
<quoted text>
I am making sense, you are the mentally discombobulated one.
Now you are conveniently claiming to have never been a Christian.
You are also claiming not to be an atheist , which you quickly shifted gears and claimed to be an Atheist ,in response to yagos posting ,only to admit that you are not truly an atheist.
What the hell are you then? I'll tell ya, you are whatever conveniently suits you at any given time..........Double minded..........
Moreover , when you started posting,your location claimed that you were posting from Nottingham UK. to me that sounded absurd...
Then you claimed to be a Brit...I knew if I gave you enough rope , I'd catch you in alie.
Recently you posted about a visit ' To the nations capital" which would be Washingto D.C'
However, you claim to reside in the U.K....
You made a slip and are unable to legitimately correct it.
You are and have been posting from somewhere in the Good Old USA..........
Careful with your response and make sure you cover your hiney, otherwise , Deputy Dawg may take another chunk out of your ARSE..........LOL
The trap has been baited,,,,,,,,,, LOL
What a wicked web we weave when we first practice to deceive KING George the 3RD
Ha ha ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, Sorry, sorry HA, HA, HA, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, Oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, my ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, oh ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho. OK, what were you saying?
Oh no, ho ho [snort] ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, oh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, Sorry, sorry HA, HA, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho [pisses self].
Ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha. I can't finish, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh my oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, your post is just too ridiculous.
SORRY, but ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, please stop!
gh, ha, ha, ha, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, hang on, hang on, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ha, ha, ha, ha, oh, ungh, oh, ungh, oh, oh, ho, ho, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha.

Cambridge, UK

#127812 Apr 7, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Curious thinks that the only "great capitol city" in the world is Washington, DC.
Guess he never heard of London.
The paranoid idiot is definitely obsessed with you.
Hi WitW

He really made me laugh with those recent rants.

Paranoid obsession sounds about right.

It's easy to tie him up in knots and now I know by simply ignoring some of his posts I can make him get himself into even greater levels of self-contortion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127813 Apr 7, 2014
Wait a minute wrote:
<quoted text>So are you and your comments. I know of no Christian that feels like a dog or a slave. They are happy to serve the Lord and are thankful to Him for His saving grace. No one FORCED them to serve the Lord. It also says Serve the Lord with gladness, come before His presence with singing. Just because in your ignorance you hate God,(for reasons I cannot imagine) doesn't mean everyone else has to. They are gloriously happy in the service of the Lord. Being in outer darkness, lost without God would make me tremble. I don't know if your profile picture is really you or not, but I can say if it is, that it is a shame for a nice innocent looking woman as yourself to be in Satan's service. Don't say you don't believe in Satan either, because you know him very well and do his bidding daily. You are bound by sin and you are a servent to that sin. Everyday you have to wake up and serve that sin.. How you say? By trying to help him destroy Christ and His church.. That will never happen. Jesus said upon this rock I will build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Wouldn't you love to be at peace with God and truly happy for a change. Peace that passes all understanding.
Religion has tricked you into willfully being a slave. Religion uses threats of eternal hell to help in this master plan of slavery. Religion uses promises of things after death that of course cannot be proven to be of reality to help with the master plan of slavery.
Religion is rewarded with ten percent of your earnings for life. There is motive.
Now to claim we are of Satan is just another trick of religion to keep you from using your rational brain to discern what is reality and keep you in this slavery.
What I am saying is all backed up by psychology, what you are saying is not. It is only backed up by the powers that get your ten percent.
Wait a minute

United States

#127814 Apr 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this "we"? You keep dodging that point. The bible was not a book when this passage was written, so the "we" was not the bible.
If you would read just a tad into it you will find it says Paul and all the brethren with him..Galations 1:1-2 Paul and his brothers in Christ. Was that so difficult to answer? Bible yet or not, makes no difference. It says it in Paul's letter to Galatia.which is now a book of the Bible...Geesh!!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#127815 Apr 7, 2014
Wait a minute wrote:
<quoted text>Saul had innumerable people killed. Jesus met him face to face and asked him why do you persecute me.(and the church)? Paul admitted himself that he was the chief of sinners. When you meet Jesus things change. So did Saul.I believe that was what was meant when Paul asked Jesus to remove the thorn in his flesh. He had to live with the knowledge of what he had done. Jesus told him, "my grace (forgiveness) is sufficient for thee". I don't think it was an illness at all.
Your understanding of the players in the NT is of the same caliber as those who believe that Mary Magdalene must have been a whore - also unsubstantiated.
Saul was a Pharisee, so he was a strict adherent to traditional temple law. While as such he would have condoned and endorsed punishment of heresy, and was self-admittedly outspoken to the point of prosecuting (or as you would say, persecuting) the new Christian cult, it doesn't automatically follow that he ever killed anyone. The priests couldn't even bring grounds to directly execute Jesus himself. The Christian martyrs came later under the Romans. It is possible that Saul may have thrown a rock or two, but just because you believe he was a killer does't make it so.
On that note, Jesus was dead and gone when Paul "met Jesus face to face" in his seizure, hallucination or stroke (aka "when you meet Jesus things change") on the Damascus road.

Cambridge, UK

#127816 Apr 7, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
When Joseph and Brigham spoke on behalf of The Lord, they usually started with something like "thus sayeth The Lord." Or something signifying that it was a revelation. Or they would say it has been revealed to me. Brigham was know to think about deep topics and he like to talk about things that people rarely took a stance on. No one before or since him has any prophet said that Adam was God the Father. And Brigham himself taught things that suggest that Adam spoke with the Father (so they couldn't be the same being)
Sorry do whut

You seem like a nice guy and you're as entitled to your beliefs as I am to my non-belief but it all sounds like superstition and mumbo jumbo to me.

Cambridge, UK

#127817 Apr 7, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
There are eternal laws, and temporal laws. Like the Law of Sacrifice, for example, was temporal. It was fulfilled with Jesus, the ultimate sinless sacrifice.
Seems like a colossal waste of time because if Jesus' sacrifice had succeeded their would have been no need for the Bible god to slaughter billions, maybe trillions of people as told in Revelations.

Cambridge, UK

#127818 Apr 7, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no god.
Looking out at the universe I can honestly say that I see no gods and I certainly don't accept the various different gods asserted by humans.

Cambridge, UK

#127819 Apr 7, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course non-believers are better educated. Studies show the religiously impaired are below average in all subjects except mythology.
I'm not even sure if they're better-versed in mythology.

Some of them don't appear to even know their own mythologies that well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
paint smell from auto shop 7 min chris 23
Disgraced Barbourville City Mayor Is Coming Home 8 min chris 19
Kim 11 min Wondering 1
Lilian June 59 min Kim 3
Peggy Jones 1 hr Kim 4
Murder Fred Brown Arrested 1 hr Curious 10
Baby 1 hr Baby 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance