Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158130 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#127668 Apr 5, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not a correct interpretation
You are adding the Book of Mormon which is false doctrine.
Sorry, I do not want to be disrespectful
Who are you to say what is false?

The supreme creator being of our universe has chosen to write quite a few books.

Looks like you have a problem.

Cambridge, UK

#127669 Apr 5, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't agree that The book of Revelations, or revelation in general is false doctrine. So which part did you agree with? The disputation of the BOM?
So you're in agreement with Revelations when it says that we will all be judged by our works?

Cambridge, UK

#127670 Apr 5, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
Hey , Khratu, When Do whut returned to Topix
You wrote Hi do whut - nice to meet you
Do Whut responded Hey there. I think we have spoken before but it's been a while.
Seems that DoWhut and you were previously acquainted , when you were using a different moniker... That would explain your not having responded to his posting . As a matter of fact ,since that time, you have done a Houdini and disappeared...Some of your goombahs have responded to Do Whuts post , but not you.
Wazzup with dat....Not that it really matters, but I am Curious....LOL.
Something to do with people changing monikers for absurd reasons and denying they do so.......
I'd hate to think you were one of those culprits.......
But,,,,,,,,,,you never know.....
Hello from the Dog Pound..........
LOL

You're obsessed with people masquerading as others. You'll remember when we first met and how you accused me of being witch in the woods.

Looks like you're also obsessed with my participation on this thread.

I can hardly have a few days away in our great capitol city without you whining at my absence.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#127671 Apr 5, 2014
Split emerges among Mormon scholars

The job of Mormon apologists is to explain how various Mormon prophets were not speaking as prophets --- but only after the prophet's doctrine has been proven false by science, or become too offensive in civil society. The apologists are the ultimate
perpetual mop-up squad.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/56184763-78...

“Hats Off to God”

Since: Jun 09

3rd Rock

#127672 Apr 5, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if....
You understand that the KJV tells of the Catholic church...
Changing the Laws, and times (removing the second commandment, AND changing the Sabbath from Sat-Sun)???
Now....
Do you also understand that the NT also warned of people preaching another Jesus???
Mormon's preach another Jesus.....(Not the one in the Bible)!
I truly hope you understand.... No one NEEDS Joseph Smith to be saved, and
Biblically Those With Joe.... are not saved!
If you think the KJV is corrupt... read the 1599 Geneva Bible, and learn Greek
if you need to!
Just telling you this, as you've said "Love never fails", and I want you saved!
Show me one verse in the Book of Mormon pertaining to the gospel of Jesus Christ that is not in perfect harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ as taught in the Bible and I will leave the church immediately.

You sound like SDA.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#127673 Apr 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Its just book of "Revelation".
I agree that 70 should consider he has a plank in his own eye before commenting on the LDS. There is little room for someone to dismiss the BOM on one hand while they embrace other books and "Truths" that are nutty as a squirrel with the other. Who are people like Apostle Amber, 70, curious and YaA to say that God/Jesus/angels have spoken to them but not to Joe Smith?
Naturally, I still don't think that "God" has spoken to anybody.
Good point. The UFOlogist who calls psychics nutters needs to get some Windex for his glass house.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#127674 Apr 5, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one verse in the Book of Mormon pertaining to the gospel of Jesus Christ that is not in perfect harmony with the gospel of Jesus Christ as taught in the Bible and I will leave the church immediately.
You sound like SDA.
Bravo, that would be interesting debate.
Dog Boy and proud

Winter Garden, FL

#127675 Apr 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Conditional prophecy?
LOL
More like a trickster god
I am quite certain that ,based on the atheist moral code , you would understand the term forgiveness , since the self righteous , such as witchetty can arrogantly claim that " she has never commited an act for which she needs feel ashamed.
Yet ,as you well know, the Bible makes frequent mention of God's willingness to forgive those who repent.
However , there is a trickster involved , your mind.
First , you guys , claim to be atheists..Nevertheless , you spend voluminous time and energy
debating a GOD you claim does not exist.
Now, many of you are claiming NOT to be atheists.First you claim to be, now you claim not to be, doublemindedness at it's extreme.
Seems that GOD is so imbedded in your subconscious and try as you might , you are unable to get HIM out of your minds , despite your doublemined beliefs and excuses.
That mental struggle that you are experiencing is wreaking havoc with your minds and may well be the cause of those who deconvert being afflicted by , loneliness,feeling abandoned , anxiety , depression and other unhealthy maladies.........As you well know..........
Evolution IS NOT the solution.

Cambridge, UK

#127676 Apr 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a Mormon?
You guys have got a different book written/inspired by creator of the universe than the ones the Christians use?
Sorry, my mistake.

I meant to say that the creator-written book you use is different to the creator-written book that other Christians use?

Whatever way you look at it, it's different to that other book the creator wrote that the Muslims use.
What

Pikeville, KY

#127677 Apr 5, 2014
What?
Dog Boy and proud

Winter Garden, FL

#127678 Apr 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
You're obsessed with people masquerading as others. You'll remember when we first met and how you accused me of being witch in the woods.
Looks like you're also obsessed with my participation on this thread.
I can hardly have a few days away in our great capitol city without you whining at my absence.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aah As usual, you are posting lame excuses in order to defend your faith.
I am not obsessed with people masquerading as others. I have provided the evidence to support my theory that the atheists,now claiming to be nonatheists onthis forum frequently change their monikers, That is something that I believe and although it does not really matter,it does get your minds further discombobulated. Does not bother me..
The obsession can be found in the atheists ,now openly denying their faith ,who continuously debate that which they claim not to believe in.......Yokesssssssssssssssss
That you were away for a few days in Washington does not cause me to whine , but it does cause me to WINE, I drink to your absence......
Do not try to pick a Bone with me..........You will lose your hiney..........
Dog Boy and proud

Winter Garden, FL

#127679 Apr 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi dw
You may well be right in that we've spoken before. I'll apologise for not recalling you - I guess the older I get, the worse my memory gets!
Yes, Jonah did get it wrong.
Which means he fails the definition of a prophet as set out in Deuteronomy.
If Moses also got it wrong, then he too fails that particular test.
Are you saying that what Deuteronomy 18:22 is wrong?
LOL , Don't blame your mental disorders on your age,,,Face it, Your memory started failing you the moment you deconverted

Cambridge, UK

#127680 Apr 5, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
First , you guys , claim to be atheists..Nevertheless , you spend voluminous time and energy
debating a GOD you claim does not exist.
Not once have I claimed to be an Atheist.

Atheists will say they know that no god exists - the opposite of your position where you claim that you know that a god does exist.

Two extreme positions. Everything in between is agnostic.

Yet still you lie and state that I claim to be an atheist.

One of my earliest posts on this thread from October last year can be found here

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
Khatru wrote:
There's a very well known shot taken by the Hubble Telescope. I'm sure you've heard of it; it's known as "The Ultra Deep Field" and it represents both our longest look out into the cosmos, as well as our furthest look back in time. This awesome shot of a small piece of the night sky (about the size of a postage stamp) reveals over 1500 galaxies at varying stages of evolution as they whirl and spin in the vastness of space.

Science, not religion, has revealed this wonder of our natural universe to us, and speaking for myself, when I look at this awesome sight, I feel very small and humble indeed. I need no god to inspire such wonder.

Was it all created by a supreme being? I very much doubt it.

However, I can accept the possibility that I could be wrong and maybe there is an omnipotent being who created everything.

If there is such a being then how arrogant and foolish is it for you to claim him for your man-made religion! In that respect you're no different from the muslims and pretty much every other faith that claims sole ownership of a supreme being for their religion alone.

Any supreme being is going to be far beyond the limits and petty jealousies and uneasy vanities that men of faith claim he possesses.

Perhaps the supreme being (if there is one) will favour the atheists for not labeling him as theirs or for carrying out all sorts of deeds in his name.

Truth?

What truth is that?

I hope you've not been baking your hotcakes using Ezekiel's divine recipe.

Cambridge, UK

#127681 Apr 5, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
I am not obsessed with people masquerading as others.
Yes you are - your very first post accused me of being someone else.

My first post to you...http://www.topix.com/for um/city/campbellsville-ky/TEQB SM98072HG0DU3/post114495
Khatru wrote:
So it's the abracadabra method for you?
Which deity do you believe kick-started creation?
My second post to you...http://www.topix.com/for um/city/campbellsville-ky/TEQB SM98072HG0DU3/post114496
Khatru wrote:
Sorry, you haven't convinced me.

You're welcome to deny evolution. You're also welcome to tell us that the moon is made of cheese.

Meanwhile, the facts remain.
My third post to you..http://www.topix.com/foru m/city/campbellsville-ky/TEQBS M98072HG0DU3/post114512
Khatru wrote:
How do you test what a supposedly omniscient being tells you? What measure do you use?

Well, whatever your reference of measurement may be, let's hope that it's more accurate than the ratio of 3:1 that the god of the Bible gives for Pi.
After three reasonably civil posts from me, you made your first post back to me...http://www.topix.com/foru m/city/campbellsville-ky/TEQBS M98072HG0DU3/post114572
curious wrote:
I do reject evolution , I reject the magic formula that nothing was able to create something out of nothing and that nonliving matter can spontaneously convert itself into living matter by accidental means.
None of which can be proven because it is all unmitigated nonsense.
That nonsense is adhered to by the few who have declared April 1st as a religious Holiday in their honor.
The moniker and location change fools no one.
A word to the nonwise; Be careful that you do not go into Sherwood Forest ,ere a band of Apes known as Robin Hood and his hairy Apes descend on you and pound some sense into your head.
I know we have locked horns before , you twit LOL
Canto e Loco
Most of it was a rant characterised by gibberish and with you calling me a twit and a madman and accusing me of being someone else.

Nice friendly Christian, eh?

Despite your insulting rant, I remained civil and responded...http://www.topix.c om/forum/city/campbellsville-k y/TEQBSM98072HG0DU3/post114590
Khatru wrote:
Once again, a believer shows he knows nothing about Evolution by claiming it deals with the origin of life. That would be a bit like me saying that I don't like Christianity because Christians fellate goats.

We've met before? I certainly don't remember you; clearly, I must have been quite underwhelmed.

Nice to see that you remember me, I must have made an impact.

Cambridge, UK

#127682 Apr 5, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL , Don't blame your mental disorders on your age,,,Face it, Your memory started failing you the moment you deconverted
Try and talk sense, Dog Guy.

How can you deconvert someone who was never a Christian to start with?

You have the right to remain silent which you may seriously wish to consider because your next post is liable to be something stupid.

“Hats Off to God”

3rd Rock

#127683 Apr 5, 2014
Dog Boy and proud wrote:
Seems that GOD is so imbedded in your subconscious and try as you might , you are unable to get HIM out of your minds , despite your doublemined beliefs and excuses.
You are right, God the creator wrote Himself into our genes.

Genetic studies have shown that the gene VMAT2 allows us to conceive a higher power. Many religious leaders deny this because they say it takes away the need for a spiritual awakening.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#127684 Apr 5, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
Genetic studies have shown that the gene VMAT2 allows us to conceive a higher power. Many religious leaders deny this because they say it takes away the need for a spiritual awakening.
Must have been a weak gene, I think god needs to do a recall for a defective product.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#127685 Apr 5, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>
The god gene during Moses time had Hebrews bowing to cattle even after knowing Yahweh, Must be a defective gene pool. Maybe that's what happen to Jesus brother Satan.

Do you pray to the heavenly father named Adam or Heavenly Mother Eve?

Brigham Young, who taught Adam is Heavenly Father, taught that his wife Eve is Heavenly Mother.

“Hats Off to God”

3rd Rock

#127686 Apr 5, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
The god gene during Moses time had Hebrews bowing to cattle even after knowing Yahweh, Must be a defective gene pool. Maybe that's what happen to Jesus brother Satan.
Do you pray to the heavenly father named Adam or Heavenly Mother Eve?
Brigham Young, who taught Adam is Heavenly Father, taught that his wife Eve is Heavenly Mother.
It was a golden calf and you would have had to be there to fully understand why they did that.

BY was just a man speaking his thoughts, but it certainly isn't and wasn't the doctrine of the Mormon faith. We do believe Adam is the father of mankind, which makes sense, and we also believe he had a role in the creation of the world, that Adam is Michael. We believe that he was obedient and received all the blessings of god, which would be perfection and godliness. He is not "God" the Father and is not equal to Him.

FYI, the Journal of Discourses where this comes from was never recognized by the church as official because it came from notes taken in short hand and written with quill pen no less. Besides that, it was feared that the final documents may have been altered by those who wished harm to the Mormon Church.

If you want to do harm to the Mormon Church why not find something they are doing wrong today? That way we won't have to rely on "he said, she said" stuff from 180 years ago that no one can accurately verify since no one is alive that was there.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#127687 Apr 5, 2014
Lehi wrote:
<quoted text>I like Joe Dirt.

Hang in there bro.
Haha. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to all the Cool People? 14 min Bob 2
HILLARY...OMG Must Watch 36 min Dr Dirty 5
Hey Oger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 39 min Dr Dirty 6
Snake's set lose in barbourvile water park (Mar '10) 42 min Dr Dirty 32
burnban 55 min oldsmoke 3
Donald Trump bodyslams, beats and shaves Vince ... 55 min Dr Dirty 4
Hey Quantummist..... (Apr '13) 2 hr Quantummist 9
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu Refer 112

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web