Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,176

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#127499 Apr 2, 2014
Day of worship wrote:
<quoted text> Just don't forget that Jesus came to free us from the bondage of the Jewish Laws.God gave Moses the ten commandments. All these other overly detailed laws were laws of the land. God had nothing to do with all that. The people called Jesus a sinner because he picked an ear of corn on the Sabbath.People have to eat. Jesus said if your Ox falls in the ditch on the Sabbath get him out. It might be dead by the next day. In other words do what you have to do on your day of rest. Just don't work 6 days and put off painting the house and mowing the grass on the day of rest. Jesus knew man needs a day off. God said man was not made for the Sabbath ,. but the Sabbath was made for man. Jesus was a wise man, acquainted with the troubles man goes through. Every tiny thing people did wrong was charged against them as breaking the law. It was said that if you broke any part of the law, you had broken them all. How foolish! Every sin people were charged with ,. Jesus took upon Himself when He was crucified. The reason it is said He "fulfilled" the law. He took the sin of the world and paid with his life. At the same time freeing the people from the law. Grace took the place of the law. If we ask He forgives us of our sin. Not under the law...you might have gotten your head cut off. Am I saying God did not mean what He said in the ten commandments? No! The lawmakers and rulers added to and exaggerated them so much the people could not live that way. Jesus knew that..
So when Moses or other so called prophets said god made the rules they declared, these were lies? And if so, then why would you believe the ten commandments were not of these lies?
Also, Jesus said to keep following the laws, as he did not come to abolish the laws of the prophets, he came to fulfill them.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127500 Apr 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're just being a tard!
If his statement was so stupid, then it should be easy to rebut. I see you were not up to the task.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127501 Apr 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What secrets is he hiding???
Woody Allen was a pretty good guy too,
and we see what secrets he had!
Joe Peterno was a good coach, but hid Sandusky for years....
Everyone has something... even you!
Doing some bad does not mean you cannot do any good. Fact is, you and the bible claim an absolute that is easily proven wrong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127502 Apr 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Genesis
6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man [was] great in the
earth, and [that] every imagination of the thoughts of his
heart [was] only evil continually.
6:6 And the LORD repented that he had made man on the earth, and
it grieved him at his heart.
Sure..... You THINK you have council against the Creator.... Good luck with that!
You clearly think you have council over other gods claimed. So we do what you do. We question the claims of gods, the only difference is, we question all of them. You fail to question your god, as all believers fail to question their particular god. It is the thing needed for faith.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127503 Apr 2, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's your position that the Holocaust was DESERVED?
You're a psychopath.
I do not think YaA is a psychopath at all. He simply follows a philosophy that has psychopathic ideals.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#127504 Apr 2, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>Or Mohammed

But not Jonah
What's wrong with Jonah?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127505 Apr 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
If you'd read the Book.....
You'd have seen God telling them that IF they did wrong....
They'd get what they got!
He even told Moses this!
More Proof of God's existence, yet here you are!
Thank you for clearly stating for all to see that you justify mass murder. You did it with Moses when he had three thousand people murdered for worshiping what they wished, now you do it for Hitler when he had six million Jews murdered.
I would never follow the beliefs you have.

Location hidden

#127506 Apr 2, 2014
church leader my hiney wrote:
<quoted text>How does a man of that time get "ordained" as an apostle? An Apostle must have seen Jesus alive. They were "called" not ordained. Can anyone tell me the difference in polygamy and adultery? A man with one legal wife and many mistresses. Would God ordain that which He told us not to do? For a married man to defile all these young women ? What kind of prophet is that? That is ludicrous. It is said that Joseph Smith had 27 or more at one time. The actual number is not known. God never works contrary to His word. This just cannot in my opinion be explained away. He was a great whore monger straight up.. Sorry for any offense, but truth is truth.
Apostles do not have to be ordained by Jesus Himself. They replaced Judas you know.
Yes, the difference between adultery and polygamy is that at times, polygamy is approved by God according to man's ability to do so in a righteous manner. Look at several of the Old Testament prophets that had several wives. David is a great example. He had many wives and the Bible said the only sin he ever committed was with Ur and Bathsheeba. Otherwise he was perfect the scriptures say. So he sinned because of lust, but was allowed to have multiple wives. The difference is that the others weren't previously married and he didn't have to have their husbands killed off. Abraham had more than one wife, etc. It was allowed and approved by God at that time.

Solomon had hundreds of wives, and it only became sin when he started espousing women that worshipped a different god and tore him away from worshipping the Living God.
Joseph was commanded to revive this practice when he asked in prayer why polygamy was allowed in the Old Testament. He was very reluctant because he knew it would put a major strain on his marriage with Emma, and would ultimately be the reason someone would kill him.

God wasn't working contrary to His word by allowing it in the OT, but not in the NT was He? No, His commandments are different according to the worthiness of the people at the time, as well as the importance of the need. Joseph was instructed to begin the practice because the church had just been restored and needed to be grown quickly.

No offense taken. Just wanted to remind you about the many occasions that prophets had multiple wives in the OT and it was not considered a sin. The prophet was not removed from his calling.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127507 Apr 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Acts 13, and up!
And yes... I do hear from the Lord time to time....
After all, He did tell me that Obama was nothing to be proud of, and
Obama has proved God's words to me EVERY DAY IN OFFICE!
So there!
Your ideals are different than that of a Democrat. So it makes no sense that you would ever believe Obama would make you proud. You were only proud of him at one time due to race, which makes you seem even more sad.
I do not believe a god ever spoke to you, but I am sure your imagination believes he did. It is the power of belief, not the power of a god. The power of belief works the same with any god.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127508 Apr 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Bible!
I know God WILL do what He says... it was written Long ago!
So Hitler was working for your god? I do think many Nazi's believed this also. You are right in line with Nazi's.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#127509 Apr 2, 2014
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he was called as a prophet, similar to Moses or David.
Welcome back do whut. Joseph Smith was a prophet, what rank is he now, higher than an apostle or of lower rank? The quorum of the twelve apostles know or is it a secret?

Location hidden

#127510 Apr 2, 2014
church leader my hiney wrote:
Many say it was Brigham Young that introduced polygamy to the Mormon Church. Giving it a thumb's up, having over 55 wives himself.
No, it was Joseph Smith. Brigham was the 2nd prophet that took over shortly after Joseph's death. It is documented that Joseph had other wives. Emma hated it with a passion. When Joseph was killed, she wanted the practice stopped. She wanted Joseph III to be the next prophet. God wanted Brigham. This is when the church first split. The Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints began with Emma. She split off and Joseph III became their leader at 12 years old. She made sure plural marriage ended. This church is now called Community of Christ. They ran out of money about 10 years ago and had to denounce the Book of Mormon to acquire financial assistance from other Christian churches.
Brigham moved the Saints to Utah and the original church lived on as it thrived there.
Plural marriage ended in 1890 due to a revelation to the prophet at that time. He was shown a vision that the church would be destroyed if the practice did not end. Men had grown lustful in the practice and were not all practicing it in righteousness, and the rest of the country hated them for the practice. It was no longer necessary for the continuation of the church.

Location hidden

#127511 Apr 2, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>In the OT, God is the one who gives those laws to the Jews.

So, yeah, those horrific, barbaric laws were (according to your religion) written by your god.
No I believe they were speaking of the traditions that crept in later. Jesus pointed out that they added to the laws that were originally given. The Mosaic Law was a lesser law because the people at the time weren't able to love the higher law. Jesus came to bring the higher law and fulfill the Mosaic
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#127512 Apr 2, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
nothing

Location hidden

#127513 Apr 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, do whut! Welcome back!
Thanks dude. Sorry I was away so long. Had a lot happen over the past 2 years.

Location hidden

#127514 Apr 2, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>When Joseph Smith rewrote scripture to place his name in it..... He called Himself... Not God!
God is not a Created being, and neither is Jesus!
Mormon is a cult!

http://www.the-new-way.org/testimonies/conv_m...

Jesus is the ONLY way!
Jesus is the only way, but the problem was that His gospel no longer existed as He set it up. Your scriptures foretell of this happening. Jesus said there would be a falling away from His church and a restitution of all things that must happen before His return.
Be careful what you call a cult before you know the facts. Remember that the Sanhedrin thought Jesus was starting a cult.

Location hidden

#127515 Apr 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Probably the same reason you feel your particular sect is the only true religion. None which is based upon facts. It is bling faith at its ugly point.
Not what I was getting at.
Mormons and JW both follow Jesus Christ and what they believe are His teachings. This automatically means they are Christian. All Christian denominations worship Him differently but it makes them no less a Christian.
Which doctrine is right or wrong, or partially right is a whole other question. One that will never be resolved on this earth until the day of His return. So to alienate those sects of Christians that are doing what they believe is right, is not being a good Christian. The right thing to do is to reason together and share what they believe to try to close the gaps in a loving way. After all they should all have the same intent: to grow closer to Christ and more closely follow His teachings.

Location hidden

#127516 Apr 2, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The god of the bible changes his rules all the time. It was once and eye for an eye, do you know the new rule? Mormons believe the rules of god change.
Some rules are for certain groups of people. Some rules are eternal. Depends on God's timing and plan, and the worthiness of His people at any given time.

Location hidden

#127517 Apr 2, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>Welcome back do whut. Joseph Smith was a prophet, what rank is he now, higher than an apostle or of lower rank? The quorum of the twelve apostles know or is it a secret?
Thanks!! Feels good to talk to y'all again
The prophet is the head of the church. His calling is to receive revelation that is applicable to the entire church. He holds all the keys of the Priesthood. However all the Apostles hold the same keys collectively. They do not have the authority to exercise all the keys by themselves but they can collectively. In the end, a prophet is simply a calling, or responsibility. He is still a fallible man. It is a role that is important as he is the mouthpiece of God. He delivers God's messages. Apostles receive revelation too, as do all of us. I receive revelation that is applicable to me and my family. I can't receive revelation for another person's family for example.
Does that make sense? Not sure I answered your question or not.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#127518 Apr 2, 2014
Day of worship wrote:
<quoted text> Just don't forget that Jesus came to free us from the bondage of the Jewish Laws.God gave Moses the ten commandments. All these other overly detailed laws were laws of the land. God had nothing to do with all that. The people called Jesus a sinner because he picked an ear of corn on the Sabbath.People have to eat. Jesus said if your Ox falls in the ditch on the Sabbath get him out. It might be dead by the next day. In other words do what you have to do on your day of rest. Just don't work 6 days and put off painting the house and mowing the grass on the day of rest. Jesus knew man needs a day off. God said man was not made for the Sabbath ,. but the Sabbath was made for man. Jesus was a wise man, acquainted with the troubles man goes through. Every tiny thing people did wrong was charged against them as breaking the law. It was said that if you broke any part of the law, you had broken them all. How foolish! Every sin people were charged with ,. Jesus took upon Himself when He was crucified. The reason it is said He "fulfilled" the law. He took the sin of the world and paid with his life. At the same time freeing the people from the law. Grace took the place of the law. If we ask He forgives us of our sin. Not under the law...you might have gotten your head cut off. Am I saying God did not mean what He said in the ten commandments? No! The lawmakers and rulers added to and exaggerated them so much the people could not live that way. Jesus knew that..
Are you sure about that?

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 5:18-19

There you have it, no less a person than Jesus himself is saying the old laws are still valid. He says it again in Luke 16:17

Looks like you're going to be the "least in the kingdom of heaven"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pullets and cocerels for sale, adult Buff Orpin... (Jun '13) 1 hr Deena 4
Pamela Hatfield, Michael Ramey, Brad Combs 1 hr Mother of the Year 1
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 2 hr Butter bean 23
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 4 hr crazy 227
teena Marie mills 5 hr infoman 9
Cody Carnes 5 hr Proof 7
Emily Collins 7 hr john 3
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating