Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 159357 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127313 Mar 30, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible. Whether or not you believe it is irrelevant. Whether or not I believe it is irrelevant, although I do. God doesn't need us to believe or obey Him, but He desires and commands it.
Evolution is not irrelevant . It should be taught in schools as the basis of life . The Bible, irrelevant to science and even you, should only be taught in a study that engages all religious practices .

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#127314 Mar 30, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Albums that have been banned by the atheist faithful as being detrimental to their health which may cause them to be afflicted inter alia by dyspepsia , mental anguish , depression and headaches ,
Albums recorded by
Christopher CROSS,
Justin CROSS,
CROSS Canadian Seaweed ,
Abbey Road , depicting the Beatles CROSSing the road,
Ferry CROSS the Mersey Gerry and the Pacemakers,
Southern CROSS ,CROSby Stills and Nash ,
Enema of the state , depicting Red CROSS on it's cover
CROSS Road album ,recorded by Bon Jovi
These afflictions have been RECORDED in lawsuit filed by AA org.
They were recorded and I am Posterizing them..........
More lies

Everyone knows how Xtians loved that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.

Cambridge, UK

#127315 Mar 30, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You are again claiming ills and maladies that you have invented by which I am not afflicted. Continue with your imaginary afflictions of Christianity and refuse to address the admitted afflictions of atheism , as admitted by your own leader ,Staks Rosch , confirrmed by independent studies , The USMC study and the lawsuit filed by AAorg.
Denial of the facts does nothing to invalidate them.
Continue down the foolish road that you have taken on the path to nowhere
Your statement that "with nonbelief you know it is possible that man can go on until he evolves into something better, and then again." is based on wishful thinking and groundless faith or could be the result of that which is imbedded deep in your Psyche , God , As we know,only with God are all things possible.
It's based on the evidence that humans have evolved. Evidence which is far more convincing than your non-evidence of an invisible sky pixie.

Evolution - get it?

No magic required

Cambridge, UK

#127316 Mar 30, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims and their religion , those that are fanatics , give me cause for concern.
Clearly you worry more about non-belief than you do about your Muslim brothers-in-belief.

Looks like you're much closer to being a Muslim than you dare to admit.

Cambridge, UK

#127317 Mar 30, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
The right to file frivolous lawsuits
When frivolous lawsuits are dismissed , the right to appeal
The right to claim to be an atheist and be able to recant when embarassing information about your faith becomes public knowledge
But wait, there is more,,,,,,,,,,
The right to assert that there is no God and then claim you might be wrong.
That's it for now folks..........
Perhaps I'll look later on when I have more time.

No doubt there will be far more frivolous lawsuits filed by Xtians.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#127319 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's based on the evidence that humans have evolved. Evidence which is far more convincing than your non-evidence of an invisible sky pixie.
Evolution - get it?
No magic required
To believe in evolution "No magic required" just a wild imagination with no facts required.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#127320 Mar 31, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
You are a liar that omits the facts surrounding that event, same as chroe,,,You are a liar and you know it
What significant facts am I omitting? Please be specific.
Suoiruc wrote:
Furthermore , you are an even BIGGER LIAR as you were not posting under the same name when I posted my information . You were posting under a different name, either Skettakal Spektakals or Umm and possibly both.
I have always used the same name. Again, you're showing how delusional you are.
Suoiruc wrote:
There is no God of the Gaps argument . That is an excuse invented by atheists in order not to appear idiotic.
It's exactly a God of the Gaps argument. You're saying we don't know X, therefore God. We don't know the exact origins of life, therefore God. That's the God of the Gaps argument.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#127321 Mar 31, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell people they have mental disorders for not believing in your religion . You don't represent Christianity ...you feed on hatred .
That pretty much sums it up. He's more anti-rational than anything else. According to the "reasoning" of his "data", as long as you BELIEVE in Allah, a Great Spirit, Ra, Brahma, or David Koresh the chances are you are more mentally fit than someone who doesn't. Just as long as you BELIEVE.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127322 Mar 31, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
To believe in evolution "No magic required" just a wild imagination with no facts required.
You think that man has only been on Earth for 6,000 years when we have structures well over twice that age. Cults don't need no stinkin' facts.
How much imagination does it take to cut and paste watchtower propaganda?

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#127323 Mar 31, 2014
Think you have it bad, welp just a tip of the ice berg, my mother (i.e. 2nd death) always called me a pill, then my dad (gnashing of teeth fallout) never liked giving his children over to the doctors butchers all. So I think you should rephrase that and oh yeah my spouse (i.e. 2nd death) would see me suffer anything but say the name of Yeshua - Jesus and in the Holy Spirit who he blasphemed. Guess I'm lucky though my moms parents divorced after 50 years (selfish pair never really let us have faith to believe) so I really have a taste for this kind of treatment, and thank goodness God is merciful and loving cause thats all I needed to be the Apostle who will judge the 12 tribes of Israel one day, huh but all my children are saved and in faith endure to the end like me, have a nice day, and take care.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127324 Mar 31, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
Think you have it bad, welp just a tip of the ice berg, my mother (i.e. 2nd death) always called me a pill, then my dad (gnashing of teeth fallout) never liked giving his children over to the doctors butchers all. So I think you should rephrase that and oh yeah my spouse (i.e. 2nd death) would see me suffer anything but say the name of Yeshua - Jesus and in the Holy Spirit who he blasphemed. Guess I'm lucky though my moms parents divorced after 50 years (selfish pair never really let us have faith to believe) so I really have a taste for this kind of treatment, and thank goodness God is merciful and loving cause thats all I needed to be the Apostle who will judge the 12 tribes of Israel one day, huh but all my children are saved and in faith endure to the end like me, have a nice day, and take care.
What a joyous wellspring of self pity and clinical delusions. You think that you are going to be "the Apostle who will judge the 12 tribes of Israel one day." Oka-ay then... I'm sure that kind of chitter was what prompted "this kind of treatment."
Have you considered that your old man just got plain fed up with crazy?

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#127325 Mar 31, 2014
I guess I am a to you like Christ was to Pharisees and seduces with their perceived power as you are speaking to me like I were a rebel who to you does not benefit your principalities of this discussion giving you some wicked joy in an overbearing way, but I state truths and simple to those in the Spirit to know and appreciate.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#127326 Mar 31, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
I guess I am a to you like Christ was to Pharisees and seduces with their perceived power as you are speaking to me like I were a rebel who to you does not benefit your principalities of this discussion giving you some wicked joy in an overbearing way, but I state truths and simple to those in the Spirit to know and appreciate.
Not hardly.., you are to me like the cat lady I see the Humane Society rescuers shaking their heads about on the news.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#127327 Mar 31, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never denied my ancestors , I frrely admit that neither gorilla, urangatang or chimpanzee blood flows throuth my veins . That is what atheists claim about their ancestors ,In the process they make monkeys of themselves , however,you are not going to make a monkey out of me..
The banana song, sung by atheists in order to honor their favorite food, has been designated as their national Anthem.
DNA evidence proves otherwise, but you are consistently in denial of hard evidence, so I am not surprised you deny your real ancient ancestors. Your jokes just make you seem more in denial.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127328 Mar 31, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
The mental afflicions caused by your faith are evidenced by the discombobulated state of your mind.
I have no nagging doubts , I have neither asked or sought evidence to disprove what I believe to be true... The need is nonexistent , My faith continues and is further strengthened
by the accuracy of Bible teachings as applied to atheists.
Interestingly ,it is the atheists on this website whose faith has been shaken.
No longer do they claim to be atheists, they now readily admit to the possibility of God's existence. That includes you , Duket , Lodi Q etal.
As a matter of fact , you are all stating to have never claimed to be atheists , thereby,denying your faith.
As I accurately remember many of you claiming that before you became atheists you were believers..........
I .at no time, have expressed any doubts about my faith and that,in spite of the futile attempts of some to con me to admit otherwise.......
As I have told you before , the foundation of your faith is baseless A faith worth denying is not worth defending A faith that has to be defended by lies is aworthless faith.
A faith that causes you untold mental and physical maladies is only appropriate for those
who enjoy suffering..........Those are the fruits of your faith That is what you have sown , that is what you have been reaping.......
And, my claims are evidenced by Independent studies , Staks Rosch and the lawsuit filed by AA org. which you make futile efforts to deny , However the FACTS tell us otherwise
Posterized..........Again and Again
Now , Hit the Road Jack and don't you come back no more....
I know you will be back, because it is I that controls the strings that make you and the other atheists jump and ask How high?
Or , to puit it bluntly , Your azz is grass and I AM THE LAWNMOWER.
POSTERIZED ONCE AGAIN..........
YOU ALL COME BACK , YOU HEAR..........OR..........I WILL COME LOOKING FOR YA.
Maybe if you understood the English language, you would see their is no contradiction of an atheist leaving open the possibility of a god existing. You see, atheism is not a "faith" and your post shows this. Strangely you cannot comprehend this simple concept. It has been explained to you many ways, yet your closed mind cannot facilitate logic and reason, so it stays ignorant.
I believe the chance of a god existing is about the same chance as unicorns and Leprechauns existing. I do not think they exist, but if you can show they do, I leave my mind open to that change of information. You have failed to show your god exists, so I remain firm in my position about your god. I do not think it exists.

Now keep taking self proclaimed victory laps. Ironically hypocritical as always.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127329 Mar 31, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
And I have done so.
However ,there is a monumental difference between debating something that you believe exists.
When you debate vaxxers , you do not debate on the basis that you do not believe vaccines exist and are seeking evidence for their existence.
That type of debate would be illogical and nonsencical.
Same applies to ntheories.
But when it comes to debating about God ,who you all previously claimed ,did not exist and sre now allowing for the possibility of His existence , it is a completely different set of ciecumstances , As I have stated many times before and there is a study that points to validating my view.
God is deeply imbedded in your Psyche and try as you might , You can not get him out of your mind.
The actions and behaviour of atheists on this forum serves to further confirm that view.
In essence , your position is
I don't believe in the existence of God , but , something deep inside me keeps me asking for evidence to the contrary WHY?
He explained why and you ignored the answer and ranted as if he did not explain. You are in denial of his explanation. His explanation was logical and reasonable.You failed to refute his explanation. It is like debating a brick wall.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127330 Mar 31, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
SevenTee is not correct.
The bible says that "that one day is with the Lord AS a thousand years, and a thousand years AS one day."
It doesn't say that one day IS a thousand years or a thousand years IS one day.
It only says it is "as" or "kind of like".... you know, subjective time.
Like when you are having fun, time passes quickly and when you are waiting for something to happen, it drags.
That is very helpful. So it is just gods perception that is warped, not the actual time passed.
I fully expect to see no admittance of being wrong from Seven Tee.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127331 Mar 31, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bibles use of the expression gives an example because time means nothing to the King of eternity who is from everlasting to everlasting. So by that example man has been on the earth about 6,000 years from the creator of Adam so by that reasoning not even a week has passed in Jehovah's eyes. How about that?
OK,(not that the Adam story is real) but the bible is not talking to god, it is talking to man, so to use the time perception of god makes no logical sense. The debate is about Jesus and his claims. He was supposed to be in mans form when he spoke. To use mans language would be the logical way to communicate. It also would have helped your case if the Jesus wrote his message like a human.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#127332 Mar 31, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bibles use of the expression gives an example because time means nothing to the King of eternity who is from everlasting to everlasting. So by that example man has been on the earth about 6,000 years from the creator of Adam so by that reasoning not even a week has passed in Jehovah's eyes. How about that?
Yet it is a hard fact that man has had civilizations for many thousands of years before this. Then there is hard evidence to show pre-civilization man has been here for many thousands of years before that.
So you can believe your bible, or you can believe evidence that contradicts the biblical claims.
really

Greenville, KY

#127333 Mar 31, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
What significant facts am I omitting? Please be specific.
<quoted text>
I have always used the same name. Again, you're showing how delusional you are.
<quoted text>
It's exactly a God of the Gaps argument. You're saying we don't know X, therefore God. We don't know the exact origins of life, therefore God. That's the God of the Gaps argument.
We do know the origins of life. You just deny the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is doing great ! 7 min popeye 20
Jim pap 1 hr I know the facts 1
Brent Ledford 3 hr jct 3
finger lickin good 3 hr licker 1
News B'ville man found dead in jail cell (Aug '10) 8 hr Jack 66
maddog 10 hr Wondering 4
Missing man in artemus 13 hr Concerned Cousin 23

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance