Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 165511 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#127293 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Mythical?
You WISH!
My shame is gone.... I pray you know what that feels like!
You have to be shame filled, as you spend quite a lot of time
posting proof that our Bible, and God true!
Praise be to God!
Mythical? Yes. How do I know?
Because it starts with "in the beginning (once upon a time)" and ends with "all the good people went to heaven where they were reunited with their loved ones and their imaginary daddy (they lived happily ever after)".

Aside:
By the way, how come the only people you meet in heaven are the ones you want to?
What about ex-husbands, ex-wives, former bosses, in-laws, ect?
Maybe they met the requirements for heaven and are hanging out there too.

Pleased to inform you that I am not suffering from shame.
No need for an invisible, imaginary daddy to tell me I'm ok.
Put your mind at rest... if you can.
Personally, I don't think your mind is ever at rest due to an overload of guilt and drugs.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#127294 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no...
I know I deserve Hells fire for ALL eternity, but Jesus paid it all....
for nasty wretched homo drug user me!
Thank you Jesus!
A very convenient delusion. How nice for your conscience.

Too bad you don't really believe it.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#127296 Mar 30, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell people they have mental disorders for not believing in your religion . You don't represent Christianity ...you feed on hatred .
Witchetty , you are Lying , I do not tell people that they have mental disorders for not believing in my religion.. That is an intentional lie on your part.
I do cite studies and other documents that point in that direction ,which seems to discombobulaye the minds of atheists on this forum....
Atheists may not be the right word ,,, As of late , many have renounced their atheism and are now claiming that there is a possibility that God or Gods exist and that they might have been wrong.... A step in the right direction ,if I might add
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#127297 Mar 30, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
The idiot can't even tell us apart. So much for his mental acuity
Maybe a pic will help him sort it out.
Funny that he keeps posting to me, though I haven't posted to him in quite a while.
Perhaps he thinks I care what goes on his poor excuse for a mind.
He is useless....and life is too short to waste time with the likes of him.
Oh Dear ,seems I have stirred up a witches brew with witchettys monikers..........
You still mad cause I turned you down when you wanted to hustle me up for a free meal ?

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127298 Mar 30, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
The idiot can't even tell us apart. So much for his mental acuity
Maybe a pic will help him sort it out.
Funny that he keeps posting to me, though I haven't posted to him in quite a while.
Perhaps he thinks I care what goes on his poor excuse for a mind.
He is useless....and life is too short to waste time with the likes of him.
I know it's becoming his only way to avoid me...pretend like he thinks I'm you. I don't mind though ..I've read your post and I can see why he thinks that. We think alike , especially when it comes to his arrogant , ignorant post .
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#127299 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
BENEFITS OF NON-BELIEF
The right to file frivolous lawsuits

When frivolous lawsuits are dismissed , the right to appeal

The right to claim to be an atheist and be able to recant when embarassing information about your faith becomes public knowledge
But wait, there is more,,,,,,,,,,
The right to assert that there is no God and then claim you might be wrong.
That's it for now folks..........
really

Greenville, KY

#127300 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So when God repents he is also taking responsibility for his actions and admitting that he did wrong?
He has nothing for which to repent. God does no wrong. If you think He does then it's just your flawed thinking.

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#127301 Mar 30, 2014
hey just a thought you know what I am going through and don't you think it will be very hard for what you have to go through during the hour of temptation? I don't really know cause I don't go through the hour of temptation that you do which comes upon the whole world like most of you do. Good luck with that, I can imagine my issues are nothing compared to what you have to go through and what ever else foul and loathsome you say and do now that will most likely bring about your own trouble then if not in hell forever and ever and the end which is coming quickly is not yet so repent and live as if there were no tomorrow for one day you may find thats all you have is one day, let it be the one you live in the Lord Yeshua - Jesus forever as in your Spirit.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#127302 Mar 30, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's becoming his only way to avoid me...pretend like he thinks I'm you. I don't mind though ..I've read your post and I can see why he thinks that. We think alike , especially when it comes to his arrogant , ignorant post .
LOL Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo, Your excuse for my"MISTAKING your identity" is that you think alike..........
Inzig tihsllub verboten ahuyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiirrrrrr

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127303 Mar 30, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty , you are Lying , I do not tell people that they have mental disorders for not believing in my religion.. That is an intentional lie on your part.
I do cite studies and other documents that point in that direction ,which seems to discombobulaye the minds of atheists on this forum....
Atheists may not be the right word ,,, As of late , many have renounced their atheism and are now claiming that there is a possibility that God or Gods exist and that they might have been wrong.... A step in the right direction ,if I might add
No . You call everyone an atheist that disagrees with you. Then you proceed to write about all the afflicted qualifications atheist must possess that lead to their demise . No lies from me. It's in your post for all to see. You have no clue what I believe . You just assume ..I'm not witchetty. Really no lie. She's 1000 miles to the south of me.
really

Greenville, KY

#127304 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
BENEFITS OF NON-BELIEF
[1] Hope for the world. Xtians think we are all goners. With Xtians it's always end times this and end times that. With non-belief you know that it is possible that man can go on until he evolves into something better, and then again.
[2] Freedom from fear of damnation. Freedom from fear of hell. Freedom from fear of Satan. Freedom from fear of demons.
[3] Freedom from the infantilizing nanny god. a very prudish, judgmental, panty-sniffing, smiting god.
[4] When a cute little doe-eyed girl dies of leukemia sometime later today (and one will somewhere), you'll have the comfort of knowing that it was just rotten luck, and not caused by or allowed to happen by your god.
[5] Hurry! If you act now, you'll also receive respect for mankind. Xtianity teaches that man is unworthy, inherently flawed, wretched and unworthy, and lucky as hell to be tolerated by the god. You can cast that gray crap off.
[6] But wait! That's not all. You also get respect for life, earth and the universe. Xtianity teaches that animals are soulless meat bags to be exploited as man sees fit. Then it teaches that the whole material world, including earth, is made of a base substance - matter, which is only transitory. Xtianity disesteems the material world enough to make the word worldly an insult.
You talk of logic and then really said what you did in point 1? That's funny.
What you call freedom of fear is actually ignorance and denial of punishment. It's no different than the drug dealer that stays in the game too long or the serial killer that doesn't consider the end, only the feeling and emotion. Having no fear of punishment even though it'll eventually happen is not freedom.
God has the right to be judgmental, He's the judge. He created us, He tells us what He expects of us, but given that we have free will, it's our choice to follow Him or not.
Sin is the reason we die.
Point number 5 just shows again that you do not understand the Bible.
How people treat animals says a lot. I don't know of any true Christian that would exploit an animal. If you think using animals for farm work or food is exploiting them then you have a view contrary to the one that actually made the animals. I think God knows more about it than any human opinion. My view is based upon what He said, not what some people say.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127305 Mar 30, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo, Your excuse for my"MISTAKING your identity" is that you think alike..........
Inzig tihsllub verboten ahuyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiirrrrrr
Riddler strikes again ....

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#127306 Mar 30, 2014
yeah so this is to the unbelieving Jews and others unbelieving in Yeshua – Jesus the Lord, Jesus Yeshua was a carpenter and he hung on the cross, do you think if he stayed a carpenter he would have been pounding a nail into the cross just to keep up with his dads profession and make money to take a wife and support his children and make his mom happy for such a versatile son who can do all things well just like any mom would hope in her son, then the benefit of the Jewish people round about the country would have been lookie there a man after our own heart versed well in his fathers work and can achieve so much with a nail, I just know he can maybe save our nation, our people everywhere and the whole world and to save us from evil even all creation (for our ancestors to when we die of course being the only ones who care). He most likely can do more, why with our intelligence and good reading of the word we know of God we can just imagine its okay and no one and nothing in our imaginations can hurt us ever cause we are our Gods children. Yay

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127307 Mar 30, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
You talk of logic and then really said what you did in point 1? That's funny.
What you call freedom of fear is actually ignorance and denial of punishment. It's no different than the drug dealer that stays in the game too long or the serial killer that doesn't consider the end, only the feeling and emotion. Having no fear of punishment even though it'll eventually happen is not freedom.
God has the right to be judgmental, He's the judge. He created us, He tells us what He expects of us, but given that we have free will, it's our choice to follow Him or not.
Sin is the reason we die.
Point number 5 just shows again that you do not understand the Bible.
How people treat animals says a lot. I don't know of any true Christian that would exploit an animal. If you think using animals for farm work or food is exploiting them then you have a view contrary to the one that actually made the animals. I think God knows more about it than any human opinion. My view is based upon what He said, not what some people say.
Unless God speaks to you directly , all you know is from what other people have said . So your statement is questionable.

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#127308 Mar 30, 2014
I have love, I bring to your attention what you do and say will be although with out condemnation, still you will endure those past issues that this evil world will not let you forget and persecute you and suffer you to come unto repentance and seek the Lord of Salvation to save your souls (The hour of temptation is right for some people that need that much suffering apparently but Christ the Lord and God is strong in your Spirit if you can accept that and I endure and so will you). &#8232;&#8232;

When you read the scriptures do you know the love of the Spirit to know what it says (hidden from the wise and revealed to the babes) or because no one understands them do you just have this funny bone like I do, I know I have asked mercy for my sense of humor to God cause no one will give me an ear I just have to rely on jokes (maybe cause my birth parent did Vaudeville - and my other birth parent was 20 years younger and like me needs a little levity with a serious subject (that I go blue in the face to tell you, what happens to me is just a reflection on what will happen to the other 6 churches and those Jews and gentiles that are in the vine of Christ) that isn't being addressed:
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#127309 Mar 30, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Riddler strikes again ....
Riddler strikes again , Figure this one out ,written by your atheist compatriot Pre K
"
[6] But wait! That's not all. You also get respect for life, earth and the universe. Xtianity teaches that animals are soulless meat bags to be exploited as man sees fit"

Let us see what Atheists such as Peter King , Hitchens , Dawkins and Sam Harris have to say about beastiality. Then we can discuss how animals are exploited as man sees fit , Particularly the atheist man.
Peter King , a well known atheist professor states that sex with an animal is permissible , as long as the animal / pet consents....I am howling with laughter.
So , Does an animal understand the intentions of an atheist , when asked if he wants to take a roll in the sack. If the dog barks, is that to be interpreted as giving consent?
Thing is that , Hitchens , Dawkins and Sam Harris are all in agreement with Peter King.

If your pet parakeet chirps , does that constitute approval.
I am making fun of a situation that is truly sad, the depths to which human nature can sink is incredible....
A poster on another thred brought up a good point.?
let these atheists approach an animal that would quickly show his disapproval of such behaviour , in the event that an atheist was out on the prowl.
Let them attempt to get consent from a lion , a bear , a rattlesnake or a gorilla.
The gorilla may consent , if the atheist can persuade him that they are distant cousins,,,,
Then again, maybe not..........
I heard that atheist wives are demanding that all their pets and farm animals be fitted with chastity belts..........
Ridler strikes again
Goodness gracious great balls of Fire
Guest

Lexington, KY

#127310 Mar 30, 2014
Oh yea
really

Greenville, KY

#127311 Mar 30, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless God speaks to you directly , all you know is from what other people have said . So your statement is questionable.
The Bible. Whether or not you believe it is irrelevant. Whether or not I believe it is irrelevant, although I do. God doesn't need us to believe or obey Him, but He desires and commands it.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127312 Mar 30, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Riddler strikes again , Figure this one out ,written by your atheist compatriot Pre K
"
[6] But wait! That's not all. You also get respect for life, earth and the universe. Xtianity teaches that animals are soulless meat bags to be exploited as man sees fit"
Let us see what Atheists such as Peter King , Hitchens , Dawkins and Sam Harris have to say about beastiality. Then we can discuss how animals are exploited as man sees fit , Particularly the atheist man.
Peter King , a well known atheist professor states that sex with an animal is permissible , as long as the animal / pet consents....I am howling with laughter.
So , Does an animal understand the intentions of an atheist , when asked if he wants to take a roll in the sack. If the dog barks, is that to be interpreted as giving consent?
Thing is that , Hitchens , Dawkins and Sam Harris are all in agreement with Peter King.
If your pet parakeet chirps , does that constitute approval.
I am making fun of a situation that is truly sad, the depths to which human nature can sink is incredible....
A poster on another thred brought up a good point.?
let these atheists approach an animal that would quickly show his disapproval of such behaviour , in the event that an atheist was out on the prowl.
Let them attempt to get consent from a lion , a bear , a rattlesnake or a gorilla.
The gorilla may consent , if the atheist can persuade him that they are distant cousins,,,,
Then again, maybe not..........
I heard that atheist wives are demanding that all their pets and farm animals be fitted with chastity belts..........
Ridler strikes again
Goodness gracious great balls of Fire
Wow. Really ? You drum up some outlandish statements made by one man ,and try so hard to make it correlate to the debate . It doesn't .
What if I correlate every religion to a cult and started spewing off examples of the great cult leader Manson ... and proceed with examples of where religion lead those people . Or how about those folks that where lead by "religion " to commit mass suicide in the name of Heavens Gate..I could go on with countless examples of what people of "faith" have not talked about... but really did it.. You give me one event that has actually been on record , that occured by atheist in numbers ..You want to drum it up. Lets really compare the history of it all..

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127313 Mar 30, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible. Whether or not you believe it is irrelevant. Whether or not I believe it is irrelevant, although I do. God doesn't need us to believe or obey Him, but He desires and commands it.
Evolution is not irrelevant . It should be taught in schools as the basis of life . The Bible, irrelevant to science and even you, should only be taught in a study that engages all religious practices .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today's Generation. 13 min tough 3
yard sale 1 hr usename 3
Snapchat! 3 hr Elizabethg221 8
HERE IT IS List of President Trump’s Accomplish... 3 hr mike 17
Barbourville arh hospital 3 hr mike 10
Stolen property recovered from Payne Hollow 4 hr usename 1
Jimmy Rice 5 hr The Specialist 16

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages