Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 137853 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#127224 Mar 29, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
What maladies? We have a lower rate of (and less severe) depression than believers. Non-religious countries have far higher rates of happiness and healthiness than religious countries.
The non-religious don't have a faith to deny. You wish to associate us with faith because you know that faith is embarrassing.
I'll note that you ignored all my points from the previous post. So cowardly.
I am addressing your points in this posting
Yes, you gave a story about how you put up an ad for a lost dog, and someone answered it. You were rightfully mocked for using such a silly story as evidence for the existence of God.
You are a liar that omits the facts surrounding that event, same as chroe,,,You are a liar and you know it
Furthermore , you are an even BIGGER LIAR as you were not posting under the same name when I posted my information . You were posting under a different name, either Skettakal Spektakals or Umm and possibly both.
I know you will deny that fact, but, it is expected that a confirmed liar would deny the facts
You are again lying ,in your futile attempt to mislead. There is no God of the Gaps argument . That is an excuse invented by atheists in order not to appear idiotic.
To believe that nonliving,nonconscious and nonintelligence can create it's opposite by accidental spontaneous means is lunacy...You atheists dared not take that position , norcould you claim that intelligent
design is a plausible explanation , so, you conveniently claim that ,you don't know.
Well, I don't claim to know , but i had the courage to state the reasons for my beliefs , You did not ,you hid.
Your postings under this moniker and others you have used in the past all point to your not believing in the existence of Go or Gods, That makes you an atheist , in spite of your futile denials.
A faith worthy of denial is not worth defending,especially if you must resort to lying as your only defense.
You are a liar,a troll and a shyster..........And,,,,,,,,,, those are your good points
Contrary to your attempt to deceive , studies clearly point to Atheists being afflicted by the maladies I described . It is those studies that provided my information.
Further , THEY were confirmed by your athesit leader,Staks Rosch,as you well know and were quite incapable to refute.
Further, there is a USMC study that points to Atheists being suicide prone , confirmed by other studies and Staks Rosch.
Further, the lawsuit filed by AA org describes those afflictions as being part of the lawsuit.
You can deny the facts, you can use smokescreens and other deceptive tactics, but the faCTS REMAIN AND SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.
I told you before , when you were posting under another moniker" you are so stupid, you tried to drown a fish in a bucket of water___
Now , go drown the sorrows that your faith has burdened you with by sticking your head in that bucket of water
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#127225 Mar 29, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
SevenTee is not correct.
The bible says that "that one day is with the Lord AS a thousand years, and a thousand years AS one day."
It doesn't say that one day IS a thousand years or a thousand years IS one day.
It only says it is "as" or "kind of like".... you know, subjective time.
Like when you are having fun, time passes quickly and when you are waiting for something to happen, it drags.
The Bibles use of the expression gives an example because time means nothing to the King of eternity who is from everlasting to everlasting. So by that example man has been on the earth about 6,000 years from the creator of Adam so by that reasoning not even a week has passed in Jehovah's eyes. How about that?
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#127226 Mar 29, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Waste of space.
Go take your meds.
Witchetty

Waste filled space..........your head........Don't take your meds,,,Call Sceptic Tank Cleanibg Services
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#127227 Mar 29, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that it's not an absolute truth.
If it was, the ratio of a circle's circumference would be three because that's what the Bible says it is.
Unfortunately for you, the Bible is wrong on that point; which leaves your "Bible is the absolute truth" statement in tatters.
Next thing you'll be telling us that the flat earth as described in the Bible is also an absolute truth.
May I ask you a serious question: Why do you continually say the Bible tells us that the earth is flat when the Bible said no such thing.
It was Greek mythology that claimed the earth was flat and it did not stop there when asked what supported the earth they said the earth was supported by an elephant that stood on four giant sea turtles that swam round in an endless sea. You have the flaws of Greek Mythology confused with Biblical truth. One translation says Jehovah dwells above the circle of the earth. Another translation makes it clearer by saying the sphere of the earth. That is Bible truth as compared to Greek Mythology!
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#127228 Mar 29, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>We are all ignorant of many things. Congratulations, you have shown me wrong for the very first time.
So the bible is in agreement with your claims of what god thinks about time. So when the bible tells us when something happens, ignore the time claimed, as it is skewed to gods warped perception. "Soon" could mean a few billion years from now.
First you admit you are wrong about one thing then you turn right around and make several wrong statements. When will you ever learn?
Known Fact

Kissimmee, FL

#127229 Mar 29, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right - when I said there are instructions in the Bible to kill people, I was lying....
Here's what God wants his followers to do to people that practice freedom of religion....
"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
It is so sad that you know nothing of the Bible and what is required of true worshipers.
life happens for a reason

Wilmington, DE

#127230 Mar 29, 2014

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127231 Mar 29, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
The mental afflicions caused by your faith are evidenced by the discombobulated state of your mind.
I have no nagging doubts , I have neither asked or sought evidence to disprove what I believe to be true... The need is nonexistent , My faith continues and is further strengthened
by the accuracy of Bible teachings as applied to atheists.
Interestingly ,it is the atheists on this website whose faith has been shaken.
No longer do they claim to be atheists, they now readily admit to the possibility of God's existence. That includes you , Duket , Lodi Q etal.
As a matter of fact , you are all stating to have never claimed to be atheists , thereby,denying your faith.
As I accurately remember many of you claiming that before you became atheists you were believers..........
I .at no time, have expressed any doubts about my faith and that,in spite of the futile attempts of some to con me to admit otherwise.......
As I have told you before , the foundation of your faith is baseless A faith worth denying is not worth defending A faith that has to be defended by lies is aworthless faith.
A faith that causes you untold mental and physical maladies is only appropriate for those
who enjoy suffering..........Those are the fruits of your faith That is what you have sown , that is what you have been reaping.......
And, my claims are evidenced by Independent studies , Staks Rosch and the lawsuit filed by AA org. which you make futile efforts to deny , However the FACTS tell us otherwise
Posterized..........Again and Again
Now , Hit the Road Jack and don't you come back no more....
I know you will be back, because it is I that controls the strings that make you and the other atheists jump and ask How high?
Or , to puit it bluntly , Your azz is grass and I AM THE LAWNMOWER.
POSTERIZED ONCE AGAIN..........
YOU ALL COME BACK , YOU HEAR..........O
R..........I WILL COME LOOKING FOR YA.
If atheism is baseless how do you keep drumming up all the supposed facts about it? You portray such "expertise " on this subject , way to much for me to believe you actually think it's "baseless ". Your hiding some real underlying issue .

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#127232 Mar 29, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
You know where he is and try as you might , you are quite unable to get rid of HIM.
He is deeply imbedded in your psyche and your rejection of Him is what is causing your mental anguish , depression and other maladies.
That is the fruit of your faith..........And , you gotta live with it , painful as it is
atheism , a baseless faith , worthy of denial
I heard he was in the cupboard under the stairs but he wasn't there.

However, fret not because I now know where he is....

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/...

Nottingham, UK

#127233 Mar 29, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not swallow ,as you homosexuals do , I believe.
Your minds have become faggotized by the contents deposited in your mouth and anal canal
by your effeminate behaviour,which is condoned and accepted by your faith.
AIDS
A theists
I n
D eep
S hit
Oh, looks like I got to you with that one.

You do know that Jesus is gay don't you?

You know how some bibles have everything said by Jesus in red?

Well, the first bibles had it in mauve.

They also had to tone down the gay sex scene with Jesus and Judas to a kiss.

Nottingham, UK

#127234 Mar 29, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
May I ask you a serious question: Why do you continually say the Bible tells us that the earth is flat when the Bible said no such thing.
It was Greek mythology that claimed the earth was flat and it did not stop there when asked what supported the earth they said the earth was supported by an elephant that stood on four giant sea turtles that swam round in an endless sea. You have the flaws of Greek Mythology confused with Biblical truth. One translation says Jehovah dwells above the circle of the earth. Another translation makes it clearer by saying the sphere of the earth. That is Bible truth as compared to Greek Mythology!
The Hebrew word used in Isaiah is "chug"

It means to draw a circle

http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2328.htm

Please show me the translation of "chug" to sphere

"The circle of the earth - Or rather, "above" (&#8219;al) the circle of the earth. The word rendered 'circle'(chu&#770;g) denotes "a circle, sphere, or arch"; and is applied to the arch or vault of the heavens, in Proverbs 8:27; Job 22:14. The phrase 'circle,' or 'circuit of the earth,' here seems to be used in the same sense as the phrase orbis terrarum by the Latins; not as denoting a sphere, or not as implying that the earth was a globe, but that it was an extended plain surrounded by oceans and mighty waters. The globular form of the earth was then unknown; and the idea is, that God sat above this extended circuit, or circle; and that the vast earth was beneath his feet."

http://bibleapps.com/commentaries/isaiah/40-2...

Not long ago there was a guy called pusherman on this thread. He was insisting that circle meant sphere but he vanished faster than the bible god does when he scuttles into the dark to hide from the light of science.

Nottingham, UK

#127235 Mar 30, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheism is baseless how do you keep drumming up all the supposed facts about it? You portray such "expertise " on this subject , way to much for me to believe you actually think it's "baseless ". Your hiding some real underlying issue .
His underlying issue is one of fear, doubt and uncertainty.

For curious, his faith is the divinity of doubt as defined in that lexicon of futility known by many as the Bible. For curious, his faith is so weak that he realises Christianity is losing it's battle against reason and logic.

His never-showing god runs and scuttles from the light of science as he seeks out the darkness in which to hide.

Poor curious, as if watching Islam supplant Christianity isn't bad enough, he now views non-belief as the greater threat.

Still, if it all gets too much he can always retreat into,his world of talking snakes and donkeys.
d pantz

Chicago, IL

#127236 Mar 30, 2014
What's wrong with mentioning Christianity as part of historical and modern culture? It is !

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#127237 Mar 30, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bibles use of the expression gives an example because time means nothing to the King of eternity who is from everlasting to everlasting. So by that example man has been on the earth about 6,000 years from the creator of Adam so by that reasoning not even a week has passed in Jehovah's eyes. How about that?
How about what? That you are a YEC and a cultist? "By that reasoning" you'll say and believe anything you FEEL supports your agenda.
You referenced Adam and eve... okay. Genesis defined a day as a period of one light and one dark. That is a day.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127238 Mar 30, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you notice that you continue to hate yourself, even after being "saved?"
You aren't railing against the "evils" of others, you are still berating yourself for your past.
If THAT is what being a "forgiven Christian" is, it's not remotely desirable.
Who cares if an imaginary, invisible daddy thinks you are ok ... when you believe that you are not.
Hahahahaha!
Pure Clueless!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127239 Mar 30, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point ? Sodomy ? I'm pretty sure those are isolated incidents that happened . It had nothing to do with the religion . CATHOLICS ARE CHRISTIAN !
I could say "Study up", but I know you do not care about the subject...
I bet you paint Mormons, JW's and the Gay Episcopalian church
with the same brush!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127240 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I said that the Bible says we are judged by our works - you said I was wrong.
"11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works."
Revelation 20:11-13
King James Version (KJV)
I was right -the Bible does say we will be judged by our works.
Looks like you have a problem.
Yep... Un-repentant sinners will be judged for their works, but....
I wonder why you didn't post the last two verses.....
20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This
is the second death.
20:15 And whoever was not found written in the book of life was
cast into the lake of fire.

Thanks be to the God you hate, My Name
is in the Book of Life, so.... my Judgment was placed upon Jesus!

Repent, and Believe!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127241 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Repent?
Like your god did?
Furthermore, you freely admit that killing brides who aren't virgins on their wedding might is a good thing.
You're depraved.
Do you think curious also feels this is a good idea?
Let's ask him
"You're depraved"....
Oh yes! I am the Wretch the song refers to!
But Thanks to God, my sins were punished on Jesus' back, and
hung on that cross....
Something I hope you get to know!

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#127242 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahahaha!
Pure Clueless!
Hahaha!
Pure "you are right but I'll never admit it."

Anyone who would agree that they would kill their own child if "god" told them to, is truly the clueless one.
You and Yahweh.... great examples of loving parents.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#127243 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right - when I said there are instructions in the Bible to kill people, I was lying....
Here's what God wants his followers to do to people that practice freedom of religion....
"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him."
(Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Who was God talking to???
The Hebrews (Israel)....
NOT Christians.... You know.... the People that came AFTER Christ!
So....
NO God did not tell US to kill.....
You twist, and Lie!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Go fund me scams 55 min Laughing 10
Doug and Lonnie Davis, also Velva Broz 58 min pixiee1313 1
Amy Brock 2 hr Say what 13
Thompson park splash pad OPEN !!! 4 hr sam 9
Anna Gail Collins 4 hr Humm 4
computers 6 hr ttwarewolf 8
Charles Arthur Wombles II (Mar '14) 7 hr true 26
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE