Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 150014 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#127260 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
"You're depraved"....
Oh yes! I am the Wretch the song refers to!
But Thanks to God, my sins were punished on Jesus' back, and
hung on that cross....
Something I hope you get to know!
If your sins were absolved then so were mine.

What's your problem then?

Cambridge, UK

#127261 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Who was God talking to???
The Hebrews (Israel)....
NOT Christians.... You know.... the People that came AFTER Christ!
So....
NO God did not tell US to kill.....
You twist, and Lie!
In a few short lines, you've separated yourself from the entire Old Testament.

Given that you easily concede its irrelevance, I trust you'll never refer to it again.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#127262 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I could say "Study up", but I know you do not care about the subject...
I bet you paint Mormons, JW's and the Gay Episcopalian church
with the same brush!
I wouldn't assume to know any religion enough paint an accurate lie . Ill leave that up to you and the Riddler.

Cambridge, UK

#127263 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You do not have to keep on proving that you are NASTY...
We know you are....!
Nasty is categorising people as being evil simply because they have different beliefs to you.

Cambridge, UK

#127264 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no...
I know I deserve Hells fire for ALL eternity, but Jesus paid it all....
for nasty wretched homo drug user me!
Thank you Jesus!
Yes, we know all about what you got up to in the years you spent preparing to be a Christian.

No doubt curious had a similar grounding prior to him becoming the epitome of an empty vessel.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#127265 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
In a few short lines, you've separated yourself from the entire Old Testament.
Given that you easily concede its irrelevance, I trust you'll never refer to it again.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...

"Trust" might be more than a little optimistic - we are talking about religies here.
I can see that this link might be often used and should be kept handy.

Cambridge, UK

#127266 Mar 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You know....
Sometimes I cannot tell if you are ignorant, or just being a butt!
What did Jesus say???
He did reiterate the ten many times, BUT....
He narrowed it down to this....
LOVE God with all your heart, and LOVE your neighbor as yourself....
On these hang the Law, and the Prophets!
Now.....
Show me that your not just being a butt, and tell me how these two
commands covers the ten....
see if you can get it right?
Your posts are a great advert for non-belief and free thought.

Cambridge, UK

#127267 Mar 30, 2014
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>(1) point out ONE thing Christ said about working on the Sabbath!
(2) The Sabbath was NOT on Sunday.... until Constantine paganized Christianity!
(3) The Sabbath was 6:00 pm Friday- 6:00 pm Saturday evening!
Have a Great day!
That's right

The Sabbath was the 24 hour period from 6:00 pm Friday - 6:00 pm Saturday.

Your statement about Constantine paganising Christianity is wrong.

The timing of th Sabbath was given by God to the Hebrews - not to the Christians.

You've already admitted that what God said to the Hebrews doesn't count for Christians and here you are playing the fool and contradicting yourself.

It wasn't Christianity that Constantine paganised but Judaism.

That's what Christianity is - Judaism spiced with paganism.

Cambridge, UK

#127268 Mar 30, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
1) "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill." -Matt.
"Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven" -Matt
"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. " -James (aka "You're screwed, Bubba")
2) Paul started the paganizing of Christianity. It was well underway a looong time before Constantine was born.
3) It was sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.
You've quoted the OT as God's Word and Law many, many times before, Cherrypick and Amen.
Take it up with your masses of cohorts - they are the ones who'd be stoning WitW on Sunday. Just because you'd stone her on Saturday instead is a mere technicality.
"Cherrypick and Amen"

LOL!
really

Greenville, KY

#127269 Mar 30, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Wish I could wait for your fascinating answers, Yaa.
But I have to get to work.
Lucky I'm not a Christian.
I could be stoned for working on the sabbath.
;)
From your comments you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. And you mock God, whom despite our sin toward Him, made a way for us to be forgiven. Repenting IS taking responsibility for our actions and admitting we did wrong, not running from Him as the lost do.

Cambridge, UK

#127270 Mar 30, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
"Trust" might be more than a little optimistic - we are talking about religies here.
I can see that this link might be often used and should be kept handy.
Absolutely

It's a useful ammo to have - I'll save it
old crow

Elizabethtown, IN

#127271 Mar 30, 2014
Most of you na sayers would be too short on intestional fortitude to gripe if it was the koran the wanted to have classes on.

Cambridge, UK

#127272 Mar 30, 2014
I'm betting curious and Cherrypick and Amen have this album in their collection...

http://lpcoverlover.com/2013/04/16/a-breadth-...

Cambridge, UK

#127273 Mar 30, 2014
really wrote:
<quoted text>
From your comments you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. And you mock God, whom despite our sin toward Him, made a way for us to be forgiven. Repenting IS taking responsibility for our actions and admitting we did wrong, not running from Him as the lost do.
So when God repents he is also taking responsibility for his actions and admitting that he did wrong?
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#127274 Mar 30, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
If atheism is baseless how do you keep drumming up all the supposed facts about it? You portray such "expertise " on this subject , way to much for me to believe you actually think it's "baseless ". Your hiding some real underlying issue .
Witchetty , the Facts that I have provided prove that it is baseless , based on nonsense , unbelief and the cause of the maladies that afflict you and other atheists
Now, one may claim that atheism has a base or a foundation. However that base is built on
a false foundation of unbelief=baseless.
Your faith has no value , it is based on unbelief which causes it's members untold grief,as you ,well know .
You are avoiding dealing with those facts byerroneously stating that I am hiding some unferlying issue...
There is no other issue vand you know it
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#127275 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The Hebrew word used in Isaiah is "chug"
It means to draw a circle
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/2328.htm
Please show me the translation of "chug" to sphere
"The circle of the earth - Or rather, "above" (&#8219;al) the circle of the earth. The word rendered 'circle'(chu&#770;g) denotes "a circle, sphere, or arch"; and is applied to the arch or vault of the heavens, in Proverbs 8:27; Job 22:14. The phrase 'circle,' or 'circuit of the earth,' here seems to be used in the same sense as the phrase orbis terrarum by the Latins; not as denoting a sphere, or not as implying that the earth was a globe, but that it was an extended plain surrounded by oceans and mighty waters. The globular form of the earth was then unknown; and the idea is, that God sat above this extended circuit, or circle; and that the vast earth was beneath his feet."
http://bibleapps.com/commentaries/isaiah/40-2...
Not long ago there was a guy called pusherman on this thread. He was insisting that circle meant sphere but he vanished faster than the bible god does when he scuttles into the dark to hide from the light of science.
Not all Pastors agree with with the rendering of the the Chug as "sphere" in the bible. To say it is should be rendered sphere is false information.

Misreading the Bible’s “Scientific Accuracy”
by Chaplain Mike

"When Warren quotes Isaiah 40:22 as saying,“God is enthroned above the sphere of the earth,” he translates and interprets the text in contradiction to how all major English versions understand the Hebrew word chûg. What Isaiah said was that God’s throne sits above “the circle of the earth.”

Isaiah is portraying God as sitting above the circular disk of the land below or perhaps beyond the rounded dome of the firmament (see the diagrams). Whichever it is, either interpretation reflects ANE cosmology and has nothing to do with earth being a spherical globe. God did not reveal that thousands of years ago through special revelation."

http://www.internetmonk.com/archive/misreadin...
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#127276 Mar 30, 2014
should be: the word "chug as sphere" in the bible.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#127277 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, looks like I got to you with that one.
You do know that Jesus is gay don't you?
You know how some bibles have everything said by Jesus in red?
Well, the first bibles had it in mauve.
They also had to tone down the gay sex scene with Jesus and Judas to a kiss.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah , That was your intent , thinking that your lies can get under my skin AND you failed and you know it . I have become quite accustomed to you and other atheists lying in order to defend their faith.That to atheists,is acommon tactic.
Let me tell you what I do know,your leader Hitchens was known to enjoy sex with other men,even cheated on his wife in order to fulfill his lust.
Richard Dawkins may well be gay , he admiitted to having been groped and fondled by another man and saw nothing wrong with that bahaviour. This happened when he was a child.
Atheists support gay behaviour as being normal, they also support other types of abhorent behaviour as being normal, beastiality, necrophelia and incest,among others.
Nambla was founded by atheist homosexuals....
Personally, I believe you are a homosexual..
The problem is that human nature , in order to fulfill it's lusts, tries to justify that which is abhorrent as being acceptable.
Alcoholics will claim they do not have a problem, so will drug addicts etal and that, in spite of the damage that they are causing to themselves.
Homosexuals and their supporters defend homosexuality in spite of the damage that such abnormal behaviour inflicts on their community.
Who are most afflicted by AIDS? Simple question , easy to answer..........
Who are the most strident supporters of homosexuality , Atheists and homosexuals.
That is why I chose to bring this issue to your attention by using the following
A I D S

A theists
I N
D eep
S hit
Crude , but true. none of which you could refute and had to rely on more lies in order to defend your faith...
Common practice, futile attempt..........
I know that in your response you will keep regurgitating the same lie as you have been doing all along..........However , the facts speak for themselves and your continuous lying is unable to nullify the facts..........

Cambridge, UK

#127278 Mar 30, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah , That was your intent , thinking that your lies can get under my skin AND you failed and you know it . I have become quite accustomed to you and other atheists lying in order to defend their faith.That to atheists,is acommon tactic.
Let me tell you what I do know,your leader Hitchens was known to enjoy sex with other men,even cheated on his wife in order to fulfill his lust.
Richard Dawkins may well be gay , he admiitted to having been groped and fondled by another man and saw nothing wrong with that bahaviour. This happened when he was a child.
Atheists support gay behaviour as being normal, they also support other types of abhorent behaviour as being normal, beastiality, necrophelia and incest,among others.
Nambla was founded by atheist homosexuals....
Personally, I believe you are a homosexual..
The problem is that human nature , in order to fulfill it's lusts, tries to justify that which is abhorrent as being acceptable.
Alcoholics will claim they do not have a problem, so will drug addicts etal and that, in spite of the damage that they are causing to themselves.
Homosexuals and their supporters defend homosexuality in spite of the damage that such abnormal behaviour inflicts on their community.
Who are most afflicted by AIDS? Simple question , easy to answer..........
Who are the most strident supporters of homosexuality , Atheists and homosexuals.
That is why I chose to bring this issue to your attention by using the following
A I D S
A theists
I N
D eep
S hit
Crude , but true. none of which you could refute and had to rely on more lies in order to defend your faith...
Common practice, futile attempt..........
I know that in your response you will keep regurgitating the same lie as you have been doing all along..........However , the facts speak for themselves and your continuous lying is unable to nullify the facts..........
Of course my posts get under your skin.

In fact, it's plain to see that we non-believers don't even have to make posts to get under your skin.

What really gets to,you is knowing that the demise of Christianity is mirrored by the rise of free thought, reason and logic.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#127279 Mar 30, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we know all about what you got up to in the years you spent preparing to be a Christian.
No doubt curious had a similar grounding prior to him becoming the epitome of an empty vessel.
An empty head would necessarily conclude that all around him is empty and that this empty nothingness is responsible for creation..........
Such are the Days of your life
That is part and parcel of the fruits of atheism..... Emptiness and anguish

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
War hero 2 hr Joe 4
Black guy called Peanut UC COLLEGE (Aug '15) 5 hr Mee 143
sarah hibbard (Feb '09) 5 hr ragincajun 6
Board meeting 5 hr All is fair 5
What is wrong with Barbourville cable 7 hr Wondering 2
Board of Education theft 9 hr employee 9
Murder: Whats the motive and Connection (May '14) 9 hr Honest 61

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance