Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
120,881 - 120,900 of 128,947 Comments Last updated 24 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor curious
His god wanted him to bear spiritual fruit but what he got with curious was a religious nut.
You've got to feel for the guy - both knowing and not realizing that senility is just another pillow fluff and bedpan away. Its sad enough that he draws false conclusions on what other people have said - now he admits to CP that he doesn't even understand what he wrote himself.
Sadly, discurtious' viewpoint that God is real because He reads the Buffalo classifieds seems that it might have even been on one of his better, more lucid days. The conclusions he's arrived at on "issues" since then have deteriorated to more cranky and less rational.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
So what was the cause? a nonintelligent ,nonconscious,nonliving entity.
I get you cannot bring yourself to apologize for lying about what we say about what we think. No one here ever said life came by no cause.
Lighting needs to intelligence to act........
Lighting is caused by natural forces.
You no longer need to look to a god for lighting. But I bet you are scared your god will use lighting to strike you down if you defy the superstitious teachings.
It is so silly.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the same as nothing?
Unintelligent, unconscious, unliving forces create stars, and planets, and elements, and molecules, and compounds, and formations, and patterns, and drive evolution, among other things.
Your analogy is quite illogical and nonsensical And avoids the topic in question.
You are referring to natural forces ,whch can create things from matter already created
Who or what created that matter?
Wind and sand can create sand dunes...
But more importantly ,no one can explain or has an answer as to how it is possible for these
unintelligent , unconscious and unliving forces can create life,consciousnes or intelligence.
That is the issue that you are intentionally refusing to address. and cunningly switch the topic in order to avoid dealing with it.
Now , let us go back if you will , do you have an explanation as to how the nonliving can create life, the nonintelligent can create intelligence and the nonconscious can create consciousness.........
Something or someone caused these properties to come into existence.
Would you agree that who or what created them , had to , of necessity ,posses those complicated properties ,otherwise,from whence did they attain the ability to create properties that it had absolutely no knowledge of

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:

That the Atheists claim that they are made to feel officially excluded from the ranks of citizens who were directly injured by the 9/11 attack and the lack of acknowledgement of the more than 1,000 non-Christian individuals who were killed at the World Trade Center." Is a nonsensical and absurd claim.
Nonsensical or not; what they are claiming is that the ailments arise "from the knowledge that they are made to feel officially excluded from the ranks of citizens who were directly injured by the 9/11 attack and the lack of acknowledgement of the more than 1,000 non-Christian individuals who were killed at the World Trade Center."
Suoiruc wrote:

You know very well why I mentioned the Finland study , you read what I posted and chose to ignore it and chaged the subject , using that futile and ineffective Artheist tactic
D I C S
D eny I gnore C hange S ubject.....Give it up ,try something new It ain't working
Your survey is trivial, the reality is that atheistic Finland is streets ahead of religious USA for standard of living and overall quality of life.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
What misinterpretation? I think you just don't like pointing out how credulous you are.
<quoted text>
Who's talking about people wanting god to fulfill earthly desires? I'm not. I'm talking about people who were simply looking for a reason to believe in Christianity and found none.
I understand why you have to dismiss these countless people: their experiences are contradictory to your religion.
<quoted text>
No, it didn't. A man cut it into that shape.
You know the misinterpretations as you are one of those who continuously and fraudulently make those claims , then you seek to deny them.
And you maake those claims because you are quite unable to deal with the facts.
You must, because of your baseless faith , continue your D I C S method
D eny I gnore C hange S ubject

My faith and that of billions world wide is based on God fulfilling his promise
If you diligently seek me , with all your heart ,you will find me..........
That is His promise ,which to me he fulfilled And your unbelief has no power over his promise..........He fulfilled it and you are powerless to annul it

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to feel for the guy - both knowing and not realizing that senility is just another pillow fluff and bedpan away. Its sad enough that he draws false conclusions on what other people have said - now he admits to CP that he doesn't even understand what he wrote himself.
Sadly, discurtious' viewpoint that God is real because He reads the Buffalo classifieds seems that it might have even been on one of his better, more lucid days. The conclusions he's arrived at on "issues" since then have deteriorated to more cranky and less rational.
He claims he can feel his god when it's actually just internal emotions he's picking up on.

No wonder his personal *religious* experience proves nothing.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Your analogy is quite illogical and nonsensical And avoids the topic in question.
It doesn't avoid it at all.
Suoiruc wrote:
You are referring to natural forces ,whch can create things from matter already created
Who or what created that matter?
Now you're changing the subject. Life, intelligence, and consciousness are all matter.
Suoiruc wrote:
But more importantly ,no one can explain or has an answer as to how it is possible for these
unintelligent , unconscious and unliving forces can create life,consciousnes or intelligence.
Centuries ago, no one could explain how earthquakes occurred or how diseases were spread. Guess what? Both ended up being natural processes, and not gods or demons as the religious believed.
Suoiruc wrote:
Would you agree that who or what created them , had to , of necessity ,posses those complicated properties
Nope. Nature can produce properties. Nature does not have vision, yet evolution created the eye.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Or in other words
"Godditit"
It doesn't really matter which god you're talking about, your explanation is the province of the lazy. It's also the first resort for the cowardly who are too frightened to simply admit that they just don't know.
Instead they pretend to know what they really don't know at all.
Mira , espejo sin luz, Your anger and frustrations are getting your emotions into an uproar that can also lead to harmful side effects, dyspepsia,anxiety ,depression and mental anguish.
That you could not effectively deal with what I posted ,is no excuse for your incoherent mental discombobulation.
Blame that on your baseless faith
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Croe , there is no need for you to FEEL for me. I am abundantly happy and rejoice at my relationship with God and Christ.
You need to address your concerns to those of your faith whose beliefs are causing them some harmful afflictions ,to which kraktu can not admit,,,Stak Rosch made mention of that.
Seems to me that any faith that causes unwanted and harmful maladies should be avoided
not embraced..........
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
If you were 10 times smarter than you are , you'd still have the IQ of a wet fart...
You are so dumb , you thought about committing suicide and changed your mind cause you thought it might kill ya..........
I am trying to get inside Spaceship's head. His brain has asked for asylum due to being afflicted by dyspepsia and other maladies caused by misuage by it's owner .
I see why you're such an idiot, you believe the bybull.

Ezekiel is into dung just like you. Don't forget to brush.

Ezekiel 4:12
"While all the people are watching, bake your food over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat all you want ."
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I get you cannot bring yourself to apologize for lying about what we say about what we think. No one here ever said life came by no cause.
Lighting needs to intelligence to act........
Lighting is caused by natural forces.
You no longer need to look to a god for lighting. But I bet you are scared your god will use lighting to strike you down if you defy the superstitious teachings.
It is so silly.
The deviant is deviating. The topic is not lightning.

The topic is life,intelligence and consciousness for which there is no evidence that they can be created by natural causes. That is the topic that you try to avoid by attempting to deviate into another unrelated topic.
You have theories which have been invalidated and ask us to have the faith that someday an answer will be found.
So far, those theories have proved futile.
The claim made by many is that life does not need a creator, yet , those who make that claim are trying to prove it's validity by attempting to create life.
Where does that get them , contradicting themselves....
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I don't apologize ,an apology is not merited simply because you request one..........
I never looked to God for lightning , I look to him for guidance and am very thankful that he provides it.
If that causes you discomfort,blame it on your Atheist faith

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Mira , espejo sin luz, Your anger and frustrations are getting your emotions into an uproar that can also lead to harmful side effects, dyspepsia,anxiety ,depression and mental anguish.
That you could not effectively deal with what I posted ,is no excuse for your incoherent mental discombobulation.
Blame that on your baseless faith
Effectively deal with a figment of your imagination and your flights of fancy?

Lol!

You carry right on believing in the magic method of creation as you drown in your own ignorance..

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
"While all the people are watching, bake your food over a fire using dried human dung as fuel and then eat all you want ."
That's curious' favourite recipe for hot cakes la Jehovah.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
He claims he can feel his god when it's actually just internal emotions he's picking up on.
No wonder his personal *religious* experience proves nothing.
What have we here, a Fool is trying to tell me that he is better qualified to judge that which I have experienced than I am. Moreover, the foundation of his expertise is based on something he has never experienced himself and a subject which he knows nothing about.
LOL Tis better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
You have succeeded in removing all doubt ,,,Mission accomplished

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Suoiruc wrote:
The claim made by many is that life does not need a creator, yet , those who make that claim are trying to prove it's validity by attempting to create life.
Where does that get them , contradicting themselves....
Liar

Show me these claims and then show me that the same people who made those claims went into the lab and tried to create life.

The floor is yours.

Watch you don't fall over.
People get a grip

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

ky girl wrote:
this is not a goverment funded thing.also not state funded,.
Well apparently it is much better to give the state money (Your tax dollars) to people who want to have kids and stay at home all day and never ever work. Things that should be taken away are WIC, food stamps, AFDC checks and all other hand outs unless that person in disabled or unable to work at all. ALL the rest should get off their asses and get a job--moat people who get or got AFDC and had to work a few hours a month stopped getting checks because they just could not do it. Oh and drug addiction does not count!
People get a grip

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

NAH wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not want my tax dollars propagating religion, I say this as a God fearing person. Christianity today, the koran tomorrow, no thanks. Let good parents do their job it will give their children an advantage like no other.
Your tax dollars are much better spent on dead beat parent who don't work and never have, so the state has to give them food stamps and HUD and about anything else they need. We were the stupid ones---my husband I both work and always have to provide for our children. Hell yews I had much rather tax money be spent this way.
People get a grip

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>And here we go again with the Christian trend of wanting to exterminate the non believers.
See Christians and other religions don't have to defend themselves-----You will find out for yourself in due time!
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,Ezekiel used human dung as fuel,dung is still used as fuel in parts of the world.
Atheists are noted for misinterpreting that which is contained in the bible'
A prime example is the Atheist marquis DeSade.
Instead of using human excrement as fuel to cook his food, as the bible clearly states and you have quoted , he chose to use human excrement as his food, thereby the phrase,
You are a shit eater,,,,,Also that may be the origin of what today is calleda BROWNIE.
Now, let me tell ya a joke I heard , to which you probably can relate.

I stuck up for you today, Joe said you eat shit sandwiches and I called him a liar, cause I know you don't like bread,,,,,,,,,,LOL
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't avoid it at all.
<quoted text>
Now you're changing the subject. Life, intelligence, and consciousness are all matter.
<quoted text>
Centuries ago, no one could explain how earthquakes occurred or how diseases were spread. Guess what? Both ended up being natural processes, and not gods or demons as the religious believed.
<quoted text>
Nope. Nature can produce properties. Nature does not have vision, yet evolution created the eye.
Avoidance,when cornered , may be the only alternative.
Stay on topic.....
How can the nonliving , nonintelligent and nonconscious spontaneously create life,intelligence and consciousness by natural means......
You must have been a track star , you run like the wind when cornered..
Bumbling and stumbling ,zizagging like like a hall of fame running back.
Unfortunately , you have landed in a world of quicksand and your evasive tactics have failed you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bipolar Women are better at Sex (Jan '11) 4 min bipolar chick 24
parkway svc center (Jan '13) 6 min Tutle Wax 6
Stivers Center fixes 9 min goofy 60
wendy abner and rick hubbs (Jul '10) 37 min bbgirll 10
Dentist AJ Smith 1 hr Fred 2
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Tollesboro Guy 81,560
Looking for place to rent! 3 hr Girl 1
•••
•••