Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
120,541 - 120,560 of 129,056 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

cat woman wrote:
our government should change with times..........due to all crimes in area..........they should pass a law that states all people must go to church on sunday
So you wish to use force for your religious beliefs? Wow, thanks for coming out and saying it so clearly. Your statement is what I suspect many theists want, but know better than to say it. Why? Because it is against the constitution, and is against the very thing that makes our country so great, secularism.
BTW, forcing people to listen to religious dogma is not going to reduce crime rates, and even if it did, I would hate to forfeit our greatest freedom for a bit of security.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

cat woman wrote:
<quoted text>
you have summarized my whole entire day of typing.....Thank u
but which parts are hard to follow for christians? since ur atheist.......tell us what rules christians have a hard time followin
I am atheist, and still can observe. I observe the Christians here not using the rule of turning the other cheek.
Also I was once a Christian myself.
Seems to me the rule is one of Jesus' defining rules. He literally defied the old laws of the prophets and made a new rule that directly opposed their law.
Ironically Jesus supposedly said he was not here to change the laws of the prophets.
But then their are many contradictions of the bible.

So are you a Christian? If so, do you follow the turn your cheek rule?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution and science may be able to explain that which is alive ,for which it has been programmed by it's designer.
What they are totally unable to explain is how life was created in any of the species.
That is the very relevant question that they are quite incapable of answering.
They have theories which they have tested ,all ended in abject failure.
That which comes into being by Supernatutal means can not be explained by natural means.
Goddidit is the answer,which,they refuse to acknowledge
It is nice to see you acknowledge the science of the day as real. Sadly you still insert god into any gaps of science.
I wonder what you would say if science soon learned how life began and it was as natural as rain? I have no doubt you would move the goal post. That game has been played for centuries and it can easily go one forever. There will always be questions left unanswered.
btw, I would not say all theories have been an abject failure. Some theories are still open to being falsified. Some have even produced RNA which could form DNA.
So to claim the theories are abject failures is a false claim.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You well know that the reason I posted that information was to rattle your cage.
Johnny Horton really gave you "A Mess of Blues"
Let us get back to the real topic which you now seek to avoid , due either to your ignorance of the facts or that you are still in a state of denial or both.
I have posted studies that indicate the maladies afflicting Atheists,which are caused by their unbelief.
You , Lodi , Box , Chroe , Duket and Spaceship have intentionally and erroneously claimed those studied to be invalid.
I posted an article by Staks Rosch , Atheist leader, where he made the same claims.
Again , your group attempted to discredit his article and made disparaging remarks about his leadership role.
Now , Atheists have confirmed these maladies that afflict them ,based on their unbelief.
Their admission is attached to alegal document , the lawsuit they filed.
When Sista and I posted this information, you ALL claimed it was false , that said information had been manufactured.
After the preponderance of the evidence could not be denied , even by irrational means.
You all have sought to avoid that Topic At All Costs.
Thereby proving ,beyond a shadow of a doubt , your incompetence , ignorance and futile attempts to hide the truth.....
Deal with that..........or not..........
So your motive is agitation? So your motives are anti-turn the other cheek? Kind of like being the opposite of curious? At least you got your name right, it is backwards of curious.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> So are you a Christian? If so, do you follow the turn your cheek rule?
It said,

"they should pass a law that states all people must go to church on sunday".

Good old absolution by torture comes next.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

cat woman wrote:
our government should change with times..........due to all crimes in area..........they should pass a law that states all people must go to church on sunday
Along with a psych evaluation law that's mandatory for all that make our laws.
Buff..........

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is nice to see you acknowledge the science of the day as real. Sadly you still insert god into any gaps of science.
I wonder what you would say if science soon learned how life began and it was as natural as rain? I have no doubt you would move the goal post. That game has been played for centuries and it can easily go one forever. There will always be questions left unanswered.
btw, I would not say all theories have been an abject failure. Some theories are still open to being falsified. Some have even produced RNA which could form DNA.
So to claim the theories are abject failures is a false claim.
To make false claims is all the Troll "bi-curious" does.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Apostle Amber wrote:
If you are a Christian then naturally you can give up everything. But Can you as a non believer do this?
When Jesus heard this, he said to him,“You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said,“How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!(Luke)
Read more: http://moneyhelpforchristians.com/70-new-test...
The question is nonsensical. It is not smart to give up all. The power of your wealth can be used to give more for a longer time overall. Just look at atheist Bill Gates for example. He gave up half his wealth to charity which was several billions of dollars, and keep enough to invest and make more, thus allowing him to give more in the future.

It is clear to me Jesus felt the end times was going to be in the lifetimes of the people alive that day. In fact he said as much. It was a failed prophesy. But the point is, he thought there was no future to invest in. He was dead wrong about that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
It said,
"they should pass a law that states all people must go to church on sunday".
Good old absolution by torture comes next.
Then a holy war over which day is the actual Sabbath.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Signed in the Year of our Lord!
Go figure!
I certainly would not expect the founders to change the calendar.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Along with a psych evaluation law that's mandatory for all that make our laws.
Buff..........
So you approve of force by government for religion? Wow.
And this is a major reason I protest religion. You have no idea what this country and its laws are based upon. You do not understand freedom, nor respect it.
I am not referring to the psych evaluations, but your implied agreement of force to be used for all citizens to go to church on Sundays.
SevenTee

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
It seems that you've either been looking in the wrong place or your Jehovah is ArmaLite and your Jesus is Smith and Wesson.
I never said the phrase "separation of Church and State" is in the constitution or its amendments. President Jefferson wrote, " I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature would "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."
You have an unanswered question on the table.
Where in the OT does it say that Noah was mocked and the neighbor's kids were invited aboard?
OK so you made it up....at least the Separation of Church and State part.

You are familiar with the structure of the Roman Catholic Church prior to the settling of America? The Roman Empire and the Church were united as branches of Government, If you were not Catholic you were a second or third class citizen. That is the context of the Second Amendment. The founding fathers wanted the State to not create an official Church which is why the entire argument of not allowing Bible study in public school is completely bogus.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

cat woman wrote:
Our government did change with the times. It changed the act of force to be used by government to promote religion. The enlightenment helped here. Back in more barbaric and primitive times, government did what you wish for. It causes more problems than it solves. Learn from history.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution and science may be able to explain that which is alive ,for which it has been programmed by it's designer.
What they are totally unable to explain is how life was created in any of the species.
That which comes into being by Supernatutal means can not be explained by natural means.
You don't know what God is either . When I asked you a month ago, you gave me a generalized rehearsed one sentence answer . In the next post you proceed to go on with paragraphs of hate and useless "knowledge " of atheism .

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Er....no, they weren't all Catholic.
You're right on one point though - you're no history buff.
That's OK because I don't know zilch about "Living with the Kardashians"
I am ashamed of the average Americans knowledge of history. And yes, the average American probably knows more about the Kardashian's than basic history.

It is clear to read here, many do not even know why the pilgrims came to the Americas. They have no understanding of religious freedom and how it comes to be.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
They wanted to get away from religious persecution so off they went to the New World to impose their own religious persecution on others.
Probably why many of their decedents have still not learned the solution (separation of church and state).

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
LOL You well know that the reason I posted that information was to rattle your cage.
Johnny Horton really gave you "A Mess of Blues"
Really, you were just trying to stir things up?
Why shouldn't I believe that's your MO through all of your posts?
Suoiruc wrote:
Let us get back to the real topic which you now seek to avoid , due either to your ignorance of the facts or that you are still in a state of denial or both.
I have posted studies that indicate the maladies afflicting Atheists,which are caused by their unbelief.
You , Lodi , Box , Chroe , Duket and Spaceship have intentionally and erroneously claimed those studied to be invalid.
I posted an article by Staks Rosch , Atheist leader, where he made the same claims.
Again , your group attempted to discredit his article and made disparaging remarks about his leadership role.
Now , Atheists have confirmed these maladies that afflict them ,based on their unbelief.
Their admission is attached to alegal document , the lawsuit they filed.
When Sista and I posted this information, you ALL claimed it was false , that said information had been manufactured.
After the preponderance of the evidence could not be denied , even by irrational means.
You all have sought to avoid that Topic At All Costs.
Thereby proving ,beyond a shadow of a doubt , your incompetence , ignorance and futile attempts to hide the truth......
Deal with that..........or not..........
Show me the medical evidence or stop trolling.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>I said " end of communication" as I do not want to respond to you any further, but I have to say this...
Ted, like you had a bad foundation, and a flawed conversion!
I know a true conversion is being born again... you, and he was not!
Jesus saved me from those "UN-Natural" desires, I have been born again!
I pray the same for you, Ted, and everyone on earth!
Now... you can, and un-doubtiedly will continue posting to me, but
I find posting to you a futile effort... Only Jesus can fix your ignorance!
Good day, and may the Lord have mercy on you!
Well I knew you would not uphold your word and end communication. You word means nothing. You have no real idea what is important about keeping your word.

And I am not surprised of your excuse for fellow Christian leader, Ted Haggard. Evidently one must be raised like yourself or things do not go as god wants.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
That's because there is no such thing as supernatural.

"Supernatural" is a word that fits your purpose because it allows you to make up whatever nonsense you like and call it true because no one can disprove it. In effect, you give your imagination a green light to come up with whatever god you wish and because its "supernatural" it doesn't have to obey the laws of the natural world.

Yet after being fast and loose with the definition of your deity and his/hers/its supernatural existence, you then dictate rigid rules about what the truth is in the natural world.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Judged:

cat woman wrote:
im no hx buff, so see you all
have a vary good evening,.........reading the bible or not..........enjoy your debates
We are discussing basic historical things. You need not be a history buff to know the basics.
Maybe read the bible a bit less and learn basic history.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 5 min freddy 8
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Nutz 147,361
Barbourville online and Windstream 12 min crazyjimbo 21
Single guys 15 min Looker 6
Where's Jason cranes 35 min Well 18
Renee Jackson 54 min Heidrick_1 1
john sowders 1 hr she will 15
New club in Barbourville? 8 hr Bville resident 20
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 13 hr I think 23