Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
120,381 - 120,400 of 128,639 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Nope!
That's a Liberal lie!
Conservative judges uphold the separation of church and state too.

The only people who oppose it are those who want to force their religion on everyone else.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
A.D. stands for Anno Domini, which is Latin for "year of our Lord," and it means the number of years since the time of Jesus Christ. That was a little more than 2000 years ago, so the date 500 A.D. means a little more than 1500 years ago.
(history FOR KIDS.)
The Gregorian calendar was instituted in 1582 by the Vatican. AD and BC was thought up in 525 by a monk to "Christianize" the Julian calendar.

Attempting to twist the use of BC and AD as proof of veracity for the Christ myth is insane.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Nope!
That's a Liberal lie!
I'll let you figure it out because....
You people have a tendency to ignore the truth wherever possible!
Good day!
Satan loves you.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
I must have really got under your skin to deserve this outpouring of xtian love.
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss
You are quite unable to get under my skin . You are part of my Entertainment Center and I use your postings to amuse myself and point out your ignoramce.
Continue laughing while you lick your wounds

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW that is fresh. The AD refers to Jesus Christ..."the year of our Lord". He came to earth to die for the sin of all humanity. I guess the meaning of time escapes you.
It is truly amazing the stupidity of a TOPIX troll who googles for his information.
What? You were schooled by an atheist to the fact of what AD means, now you claim it was you who said this first? The lies for Jesus is here and is here to stay. Your lying ways is just another reason I do not believe in god.
Did you think we would forget you claimed it meant after death?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative judges uphold the separation of church and state too.
The only people who oppose it are those who want to force their religion on everyone else.
"In our god you trust"

That's how they'd like it to read.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss
You are quite unable to get under my skin . You are part of my Entertainment Center and I use your postings to amuse myself and point out your ignoramce.
Continue laughing while you lick your wounds
You've certainly got an over inflated opinion of yourself.

Haven't you got some funerals of American servicemen to picket?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Wrong again....
It's not Christianity that caused her suffering... It was Satan!
But you "Knew" this...
You follow Satan in believing God's not real...
Killing babies in the womb so you can hump all you want, and
perverted sex is natural...
How low you have fallen!
Good day, end of communication!
It is clear to me, Ted haggard was indoctrinated by religion to think his homosexuality was a sin. So he tried to act heterosexual and married a woman. She is now married to someone who does not have sexual desires for her due to his nature that he was born with.
You can claim it was demons, ghosts or leprechauns. It only shows you do not understand nature. It is another reason I am sure your religious belief is a myth.
Your hate filled comments about it is why I have an agenda of showing others your beliefs are based upon myth.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan loves you.
and Jesus loves Satan

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
So , it took you over a month to figure out that Suoiruc is Curious spelled backwards.
Good job Sherlock , can't fool you..........for more than a month
I knew it right away..........What an idiot..........
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, You are not going to find that which you DO NOT want to find.
I do not need to showcas Atheists in a negative way , they have shown an innate ability to do that without my assistance. The clowns on this website are evidence of that fact.
Now , for those who may have doubts about what I have posted ,you can find out for yourselves who the liars are , then you can reach your own conclusions.
google the following
Inter alia, Atheists suffer from anxiety ,dispepsia ,headaches and mental anguish.
your search will lead you to a number of websites that will confirm what I have posted.
No need to take my word for it.......
For the Atheists in denial , Box, PreK ,lodi and Duket , they are aware of this information ,however in defense of their graudulent faith , they must Deny , Ignore Change Subject as they have attempted to do Their mo is better known as D I C S
No doubt, they have already concocted another lie/ excuse in order to continue the fraudulent defense of their faith
So you think we are stupid because we did not care to figure out what your new name was? Your arrogance shows daily. No one cares about your name or why you feel a need to change it so often. You keep claiming to have defeated us in some way, but can never show us as wrong. Go take your self proclaimed victory lap Mr. Hypocrite.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't a mistake BC is before Jesus Christ and AD is after Jesus Christ. It is called Church Tradition.
Not that complicated fool. Don't you even understand how our history is tracked?
It is not "after death" as you claimed. Now you can change the debate, but the fact is, you were wrong about what it meant. To bad your religious hubris keeps you from being able to admit being wrong.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
meh. Certainly 911 was a grievous tragedy as well as a religious atrocity, but thinking it was a strike against Christianity is just another rewrite of history - and the Christians have been doing that for two thousand years. There isn't anything special about their propensity for believing in things that aren't there (Hebrews 11:1). Except to those with a personal involvement, a memorial cross usually doesn't carry much more meaning than a rustic graveyard scene in a spaghetti western. Case in point, pet cemeteries with crosses and angel wings on tombstones... Has anyone ever heard of a dog or cat taking communion?(Curious' "miracle dog" need not apply.)
9/11 was a religious atrocity. And it looks to me that the Christians want to have a holy war against Islam as bad as Islam wants a holy war with Christianity. George Bush obliged their wishes. The cross at ground zero is a symbol of that holy war.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You've certainly got an over inflated opinion of yourself.
Haven't you got some funerals of American servicemen to picket?
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaah
It is the Brits who picket American servicemen , Especially those Servicemen that served during the Revolutionary War and drove them into the sea,in spite of the 30000 Hessians hired by Klown George to help them.

Though not an American , I honor and respect their courage.
Long Live Johnny Horton
In 1814 we took a little trip ,along with general Jackson ,down the mighty mississip.
We brought a little baco and we brought a little beans
And WE Caught the BLOODY BRITISH in the town of New Orleans
Carry on

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
It does not mean After Death you idiot! That was your claim.... you do recall that dontcha?
Go Educate Yourself!
We carefully point out the fundamentalist flaws and mistakes, yet they cannot even comprehend the issue, much less think for second they could be wrong about something.
Sometimes I think they are just lying, but sometimes I think they are really just that stupid.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
double tooth ache.
Pretty sure tooth aches have nothing to do with your absurd claim of protesters being un-American. I see you could not defend your ridiculous accusation still. I sure did not forget.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>Nope!
That's a Liberal lie!
I'll let you figure it out because....
You people have a tendency to ignore the truth wherever possible!
Good day!
You interpret "god made man and woman", to mean homosexuality is an abomination. So when you cannot understand the first amendment prohibits government from endorsing religion, it does not surprise me at all.
What makes our country great and free is the separation of church and state. If they did not keep separate, you would not have as much religious freedom as you have today. Maybe you are hoping for less religious freedom?

Let me give you a hypothetical. Lets say in a few decades, immigrants from Mexico become the majority in America. Seeing as how they tend to be Catholic, if the government was allowed to endorse religion, Catholicism would be the religion being endorsed by our government. Would you be fine with this?
This could go a number of ways, and none of them have a good outcome.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I fully understand your hatred and hostility toward Christianity. So I would like to ask you a serious question and stop with the BS.
What turned you off to the Church? Why do you think generally speaking people choose to reject Jesus Christ and live without God? I ask because I am interested not because I want to ridicule you or debate Scripture.
I know you were not asking me, but I will tell you anyway. The denial of the religious is one reason I reject your religion. For example, you are in so much denial of your being wrong about what AD meant, you just diverted to this question. And no, I am not BS'ing. I see a trend from you and your religious friends. Denial is key to belief in god. All of you demonstrate this daily here on this very thread. Maybe if you quit acting this way, you would succeed in making me doubt my position, but you keep diligently proving yourself as being in denial. So it seems my position must be correct.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

yes, it is a good song my parents used to listen to it and my husband's brother years ago.

In 1814 we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississip.
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans.
[Chorus:]
We fired our guns and the British kept a'comin.
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago.
We fired once more and they began to runnin' on
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.
We looked down the river and we see'd the British come.
And there must have been a hundred of'em beatin' on the drum.
They stepped so high and they made the bugles ring.
We stood by our cotton bales and didn't say a thing.
[Chorus]
Old Hickory said we could take 'em by surprise
If we didn't fire our muskets 'til we looked 'em in the eye
We held our fire 'til we see'd their faces well.
Then we opened up with squirrel guns and really gave 'em ... well
[Chorus]
Yeah, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.**
We fired our cannon 'til the barrel melted down.
So we grabbed an alligator and we fought another round.
We filled his head with cannon balls, and powdered his behind
And when we touched the powder off, the gator lost his mind.
[Chorus]
Yeah, they ran through the briars and they ran through the brambles
And they ran through the bushes where a rabbit couldn't go.
They ran so fast that the hounds couldn't catch 'em
Down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico.**

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/results ?search_query=ex%20gay%20testi mony&sm=1
Youtube Ex-Gay testimonies
If it wasn't wrong.....
Why would Jesus fix it???
A person who claims to be "fixed" may be telling you something you just wish to hear. It is common for people to lie for these reasons. Welcome to reality.
These people may try to marry like Ted Haggard did, but their wives will not be with a man who is sexually attracted to them. I do not call that "cured". I call that a farce.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW.
Do you know how to use a simple search engine?
The atheists’ suit claims that by including the cross in a museum on public property, the government is unconstitutionally endorsing a religion,” Jessup writes.“It also asserts that the mere presence of the cross would result in emotional — and possibly even physical — injuries among atheists who will feel anxious and excluded.”
Jessup isn’t exaggerating. The organization’s complaint reads, in part:
The plaintiffs, and each of them, have suffered, are suffering, and will continue to suffer damages, both physical and emotional, from the existence of the challenged cross. Named plaintiffs have suffered, inter alia, dyspepsia, symptoms of depression, headaches, anxiety, and mental pain and anguish from the knowledge that they are made to feel officially excluded from the ranks of citizens who were directly injured by the 9/11 attack and the lack of acknowledgement of the more than 1,000 non- Christian individuals who were killed at the World Trade Center.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/09/11/at...
And, just in case and FThere's at least a half a DOZEN other sites, that say the SAME damn thing.
Anti-american SICKO psychos.
"Anti-American"? How so?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Syl 146,229
SEC Network 18 min lol 1
Stivers Center fixes 33 min helping out 40
Step Chid after divorce 1 hr A sinner saved by grace 2
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 3 hr Just me 4
Ky Biscuit Company 3 hr GetALife 24
Any couples into SCAT??? 3 hr whats up 10
•••
•••