Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142410 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#126521 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure did
Carl Sagan quote
"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."
Evidently you failed to note "by some definitions", as atheism need not claim a god does not exist. It can simply claim to believe in no god.
Of course all this is beyond your ability to comprehend.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126522 Mar 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
If schools cannot indoctrinate, WhoTH do the hypocrites out of the ovile orfice and it's trickle downs of stupid, think they are, telling paying working class people what kind of bread they can or can't eat, and of they can slop ketchup on it or not.
Stinkin' hypocrites.
And don't be touching the Raphael's, the Rembrandts, the Giovanni Bellinis, the
Caravaggio's, Annibale Carracc's or the Rubens et al either, with your germy, history hating, grubby little paws either!!!!
(and I'll promote trying a pastrami on rye ruben, slathered with melted cheese and kraut ANYTIME I want to--too bad on the ignorant, bulemic, vienny horing type nutcases!!!)
First, I have no idea why I bother responding to this nonsense.
Second, the post you are responding to said nothing about the government indoctrinating or not.
Third, are you claiming the administration is indoctrinating with ketchup and you are very upset about that atrocity?

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#126523 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
A wise man speaks when he has something to say , A fool speaks because he has to say something,,,,Thanks for having to say something
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that , alarge organization of Atheists filed a lawsuit where they claim that the Cross has caused them to be afflicted by many maladies.
Take your own advice you soft minded simpleton, and stop making a fool of yourself.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126524 Mar 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Seventee is the one who LOGICALLY and RATIONALLY mentioned the Bill of rights, in relevance to the Constitution.
How do you tolerate the stupidity of your own inside the narrow box comments sometimes?
Freedom of Religion (OF, OF, NOT "from".)
The First Amendment to the Constitution protects freedom of religion by banning Congress from passing any law respecting an establishment of religion and from prohibiting people from freely exercising their religion. The Supreme Court has applied these limits to state governments through the Fourteenth Amendment.
http://billofrightsinstitute.org/resources/ed...
It is so sad and ironic that you cannot comprehend the bill. Guess you verbatim ways of reading prohibit you from understanding what it means when it restricts the government. It restricts the government so as to keep you free of religion by force of law.
Lets say for example, if the people had a majority vote to mandate Koran studies. Government is restricted from making such laws due to the bill in question. It frees you from that particular religion.
You can capitalize one word of the bill as if you feel it is the only word in the bill that means anything, but that would be extremely stupid.
Freedom of religion depends upon being free from religion.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126525 Mar 18, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
The part that some of you extremist types must not "get"---
"Freedom of speech in a self-governing society demands that citizens act with moderation, respect, and responsibility. People like Frederick Douglass, Mary Beth Tinker and Martin Luther King, Jr. have all exercised and fought for the right to freedom of speech."...( http://billofrightsinstitute.org )
Government is not a citizen. Freedom from government is the key here. You are arguing for the government to have no restriction.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126526 Mar 18, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
<quoted text>
Why have all the wealth you can muster in a lifetime or even as a nest egg, to neglect your soul? If you believed in God and wanted so dearly to please him as his son the Lamb of God, who now sits at his right hand in the heavens always pleases God, then why not. This world was created for you to hoard wealth in, you cant take it with you, a thief can steal it all anytime. You could have it taken away from you be a government, dictator or depression.
No if all you have in this world are your possessions then I feel sorry for you, because I have Mercy and Love from the Father and the son. I know my life is with God unto everlasting life, what then will the money be? I think always the money is pleasing God, who is the Great I AM.
As long as that is the main priority in life through the Holy Spirit of love come down from him in Yeshua the Lord then my Spirit rests in knowing his peace and that he does provide for me as I follow his son. As long as he continues to do things like fill my nets with a multitude of fishes where there were none to be caught or has me pull a coin from a fishes mouth, I see no need to be anxious about anything.
I wish you had the same peace and grace to walk in the truth written about the Father God your heart and I pray someday you and everyone else will know Christ the Lord as he would have us to give God my Father the glory forever and ever.
This addresses nothing I said. Again, you wish to have no dialog, you want to preach and never listen.
Didn't your god say something like give and you shall receive? Well that can mean more than just giving goods. It can mean giving an ear. Listen, discuss, and learn. You are playing dictator, and I am not into that game.

United States of America

#126527 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Staks is leader of your religion. A leader knows his people. So when a leader comments on the mental state of the members of his faith one must conclude that he knows what he is talking about. If said leader is misrepresenting said condition he would be dismisserd as leader.
Interestingly ,no one in a leadership position in the Atheist community has taken a stand against what he stated in his article,
He continues to be the leader of 7 Atheist organizaeuions in the city odf Philadelphia..
I do believe that speaks volumes..........
nevertheless , those who are afflicted by the maladies he mentioned will continue to deny the validity of his beliefs.
Unfortunately for you , you can not blame believers for authoring his article ,
You and the other atheists , if you are offended by his remarks , should drum up the courage to address your complaints to him.
Obviously , you all lack the courage to do that , as you would confirm what he stated, AQtheistds do not want to admit to these maladies.
So, carry on ,make bigger fools of yourselves and keep the drugstores busy filling out and dispensing your prozac , Aleve and pepto bismol..........
BTW , In case you are running short on cash, The federal government has just enacted a law where you can pay for your prescriptions with food stamps..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
It appears Staks uses your kind of logic here,{or is it the other way around?} Only you and Staks consider 2-3 atheist members who committed suicide the whole atheist community, and although he has no credentials or doctorates to make that assessment, that doesn't stop him from publishing it {on his own blog} as truth.
Every time you bring his article into the conversation, you lose more credibility, and appear foolish and grasping for straws, as does he.
There are several non believers and/or atheist on this thread, yet the only person who has repeatedly mentioned Stak Rosch is you. I pity you; you search and scour the web for any and all information you can find that spotlights atheist or non believers in a negative light, sadly, the only thing you accomplish is your own obsession of atheism.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126528 Mar 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>First, I have no idea why I bother responding to this nonsense.
Second, the post you are responding to said nothing about the government indoctrinating or not.
Third, are you claiming the administration is indoctrinating with ketchup and you are very upset about that atrocity?
It's as clear as mud, Mike.
He/she/it thinks that the White House urging sensible diets for children is an outrageous intrusion on personal liberties and that it directly and negatively impacts making layabout thieving nasty ghetto rat liberal urchins memorize Leviticus to get a better appreciation of the Sistine Chapel ceiling. What part of that did you not understand?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126529 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed the lawsuit was the only issue , Go back and read and make a determined effort to truly comprehend what I wrote.
Every time you screw up you either ask for an apology or proclaim that your point was proven.
No apology is warranted SO none will be forthcoming.
Sit down , take a load of your feet ,have a donut and a cup of coffe ,it may help settle your nerves and calm your anxieties
BTW Curtail the use of obscene langua in your responses , you may be banned by the Topix Mod
So your tactic is to make so many accusations, you feel maybe one will stick?
It does not matter that you do this, the fact is, you lied about what I said. It matters not that you said other things.
And I never expected an apology, I expected you to refuse, as you do not ask for forgiveness as your god demanded.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#126530 Mar 18, 2014
Women and men are to take control of their worship individually as also in fellowship in Christ unto God to worship him in Spirit and truth. I feel we can only know in part but to give all to God whom we came from is the best one. God gives Mercy and Love so we should Love in Charity and have Peace with Grace in Christ.

Women can be taken just as seriously as anyone in their devotion to carry out Gods will in Christ the Lord. When I see God I see the perfect me in him through Christ who is the Holy me in him and through the word of the Holy Spirit I know in my Spirit of God who is in the body, written in my heart. I have in my Spirit his leading given by God to begin with and to please him.

Only God is Good, Christ Perfect, the Holy Spirit Holy and my Spirit given to me from God to one day be like a Heavenly Holy Angel too. No one and nothing can keep me from the Love of God in Christ Jesus (Yeshua).”

United States of America

#126531 Mar 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You said they were un-American due to lies about their problems, now you say you take them at their word? You can't have it both ways silly.
I have yet to hear a single reasonable reason you called these people unAmerican.
Your first reason was that they wanted to impose their views upon others. Yet you are fighting for the very same reasons (to impose your views upon others).
Then you claimed they were un-American due to lies. Well now you claim to take them at their word.
You really have no idea how to debate.
That's because people like Curious enter a debate with deceit, then try to argue those untruths as factual, which only ends up providing ammunition to their opponent to shoot them with, just as you have exhibited here.

Well done.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#126532 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Well , your faulty foundation is based on a "MOST LIKELY"which Science is not able to explain or account for.
Then you go on to, Life on earth progresses and evolves, Faulty,faulty ,faulty
No where do you state how life may have originated. You intentionally avoid addressing that issue because you have no plausible explanation and neither does Science.
Therfore KABOOOOMMMM, your whole theory blows up in your face.
Take that nonsense before a court of law and you will be disbarrred , held in contempt and sentenced to 3 consecutive lifetimes in a mental asylum..........
Those are the benefits provided by your faith
Haha

While your version of creation involves magic, a talking snake and a disobedient woman.

ROFLMAO

Nottingham, UK

#126533 Mar 18, 2014
Believe It wrote:
Nice link - thanks for posting it.

Nottingham, UK

#126534 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not here to refute your ignorance , I merely point it out for all to see , Or at least,to those that can see.
The topic under discussion is ,The fact that , alarge organization of Atheists filed a lawsuit where they claim that the Cross has caused them to be afflicted by many maladies.
Afrr ter days of discussing the issue , The Atheists on this website have thrown in the towel by their failure to disprove what their Atheist members claimed.
unable to disprove that confession,the Atheists have had to resort to their infamous and scurrilous tactics D I C S.
Your futile attempts to deny reality are not working.. I will stay on subject.
Once again , Can anyone explain why a group of Atheists are claiming that the Cross is causing them all these unwanted maladies?
If you are going to again,run from the question and hide in the toilet , then do the honorable thing Jump in the bowl and flush yourself..........
In the meantime how about sharing with me why Christians picket the funerals of American servicemen and gloat at the grieving families.

Nottingham, UK

#126536 Mar 18, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vdVwinoP18YXX
Haha - pretty funny.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126537 Mar 18, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
Women and men are to take control of their worship individually as also in fellowship in Christ unto God to worship him in Spirit and truth. I feel we can only know in part but to give all to God whom we came from is the best one. God gives Mercy and Love so we should Love in Charity and have Peace with Grace in Christ.
Women can be taken just as seriously as anyone in their devotion to carry out Gods will in Christ the Lord. When I see God I see the perfect me in him through Christ who is the Holy me in him and through the word of the Holy Spirit I know in my Spirit of God who is in the body, written in my heart. I have in my Spirit his leading given by God to begin with and to please him.
Only God is Good, Christ Perfect, the Holy Spirit Holy and my Spirit given to me from God to one day be like a Heavenly Holy Angel too. No one and nothing can keep me from the Love of God in Christ Jesus (Yeshua).”
take your meds.
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#126538 Mar 18, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Evidently you failed to note "by some definitions", as atheism need not claim a god does not exist. It can simply claim to believe in no god.
Of course all this is beyond your ability to comprehend.
You are an IDIOT in Capital letters.
I quoted Pre K.s hero , Carl Sagan, Address your complaints to him c/o Cornell University,deceased Dept. LOL
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#126539 Mar 18, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
In the meantime how about sharing with me why Christians picket the funerals of American servicemen and gloat at the grieving families.
OK
Oye , canto de zangano , tu eres un imbecil ateo y,con tigo no vale la pena debatir.
Si no entiendes lo escrito , ask Lodi to interpret, he is taking Spanglish lessons , in between his
conferences with his Psychiatrist.
They are attempting to deal with His dracula virus , fear of the Cross.
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy carambaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa
cataplunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#126540 Mar 18, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies for asking a question whose answer would cause much embarassment to those of the Atheist faith..........
But anyhow , I will ask it again, hoping against hope that one of you Atheists will muster the courage to answer it
Once again , Can anyone explain why a group of Atheists are claiming that the Cross is causing them all these unwanted maladies?
There are basically a possible 4 answers
1) They are lying in order to attempt to gain an unfair advantage ' UnAmerican
2) They are seeking pity for their delusional state
3) They are being truthful and their Unbelief is causing them harmful maladies for which there is only one cure....
4) All of the above

Whichever of the 3 is correct

Nottingham, UK

#126541 Mar 18, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
OK
Oye , canto de zangano , tu eres un imbecil ateo y,con tigo no vale la pena debatir.
Si no entiendes lo escrito , ask Lodi to interpret, he is taking Spanglish lessons , in between his
conferences with his Psychiatrist.
They are attempting to deal with His dracula virus , fear of the Cross.
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy carambaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa
cataplunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
There you have it folks:

Rather than condemn the behaviour of Christians gloating at the grieving families of dead American servicemen, curious prefers to post the above gibberish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephen Trace Signs 22 min Big rig 71 24
Is the Childern's Home a good place to work? 42 min knowboutu 5
sabrina corey 1 hr hannah 40
Perverts of knox co. 1 hr drugdealerstephen 11
Who is best dentist 1 hr Jen 2
Need subo 1 hr rehab 4
police chase on 25th ending at him yards rd 1 hr just curious 1
What happened in town last night? 3 hr Con 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance