Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
120,101 - 120,120 of 128,663 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us look at the Facts,which you choose to ignore, to ascertain who has been fooled.
Deconverters are told that by denying God they will be set free and lead happier lives.
Stak Rosch , the Atheist leader states,as you well know, that,Atheism has asuicide problem.
Not only that , He also claims that those who deconvert are gripped by loneliness , anxiety and deep depression . They feel ostracized and like outcasts.
Deconversion has most assuredly not lead them to a happier life.
As he stated, Atheists will not admit to this. You deny his claims , that they are not true.
However, we now have it on paper,an admission by The Atheist Alliance that the Cross that
was created as a result of the events surrounding 9/11 and which is part of that narrative should not be included in the 9/11 museum because,as Atheist Alliance states,.as a result plaintiffs have suffered, inter alia, Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish .
Oddly enough , Atheists are the only ones that are suffering those afflictions.
The Jews aren't complaining, nor the Muslims or Hindus,,Only the unbelievers.
And what is causing them this unhappiness and maladies that are afflicting Atheists?
Their unbelief.
An alcoholic will deny that he has a problem with alcohol , adrug addict will deny that he has a problem with drugs and it is obvious that an Atheist will deny that their unbelief is causing him problems.
The facts state otherwise...Denial is not the solution for what ails you. Trying to fool others into believing that they are the ones that are being fooled only makes you more foolish.
best to keep your mouth shut
Better to be thought a fool ,than to open your mouth and remove all doubt
The facts are that you refuse to condemn genocide, killing of homosexuals, slavery, killing people because they exercise freedom of religion, killing brides who are not virgins on their wedding night, etc..

All of this and much more are considered by you to be great and wonderful things.

You are truly warped and degenerate

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The smartest person to ever live was Sir Issac Newton. He was issued a challenge by a theologian friend to find an error in the Bible. Newton spend years methodically studying the Bible and could not find an error anywhere. The Bible has challenged the most brilliant minds that ever lived. Newton became a believer during his Biblical study.
Newton didn't look very hard

The bible says that Pi = 3

If you told that to Newton he would have laughed you out the room.

You say there are no errors in the bible - I've just proven you wrong.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
He was already a believer. When Newton was three, his mother married the rector of the neighbouring civil parish of North Witham and went to live with her new husband, the Reverend Barnabus Smith,
Although born into an Anglican family, by his thirties Newton held a Christian faith that, had it been made public, would not have been considered orthodox by mainstream Christianity.
Nice try troll. You really suck at proving your point.
It's the usual lies for Jesus

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you expect people to respect your beliefs when you spew this kind of hatred ? You seem to be a lost believer that lives to hate. Does your faith make you like this ?
Like many fundie whackjobs, curious prefers to be defined by his hatred.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

I guess the bible has a very valid really life application in everones life here on earth and one of them is The Book of Ezekiel were it to be in the view point as an outer garment and The Book of Revelation is the inner man we are then, well within the word as Christ is within the word.

I heard some really devesting and thought provoking heart moving and utterly true words in Ezekiel and then thought of the The Book of Revelation and listened to it as I walked along. I felt very much the same way there were some areas that I am in very much thankful that I'm going in the right direction but as I cried and felt really shook up in Ezekiel, then listening to Revelation I could empathize with the pain those who go through the hour of tempation must experience.

I also had kept some very awesome I AM worship and rebuke in the matter that I am thankful to the God and my Father the Great I Am Jesus/Yeshua we don't know his new name but he is son of God and Savior and Lamb of God and the brave soul that helped us and Man that died on the cross and then he is the Christ deliverer and redeamer and Lord of Lords and King of Kings that things will someday not concern him.

Yet we follow him with the Angels all our lives unto God waiting for us with his Awesome arms to hold us and his hands so we can fall into them. Depending how you view it.

I was so thankful for his sacrific and his 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth. Life would not be as it is if I had not believed and answer his call, followed his lead and in all things be his with my cross on my back finding my life because I didnot seek to save it after the life I had I died for the gospel and for him.

The Lord is my shepard I shall not want. I am thankful for the Holy Holy Holy - Angel sent to help our minds and hearts, and lead us to the Lord helping our minds and hearts and souls and leading us to God helping our minds and souls and hearts and strengths.

The word in the bible is a magnificent thing and those who know it well are the ones who are responsible for the knowing of it. Rather if you turn away and chose to be ignorant you are at falt if you read and study the word you are okay to go as long as you study with in the company of the Holy Spirit, though some would wrestle with studing traditionally because it is scripture as many things some would even venture to say they are glorified by what they do in the Spirit on outward appearance because thier lives are so much the better when then expose their inner most ideas and relations.

I think with the Holy Spirit guiding me I will endure to the end as we find the God of our hearts with each wonderful phase of life we are so happy to have been created for and have been chosen for and have cared to make away to the Lord within ourselves to bring us closer to him as he wills for us and that we want his plan for us that is true and we shall who love him and his only begotten son and his Holy Holy Holy Councilor and all of us whom he has us to be with and he gleans with us to be in races to the finish with.

I grow tired of the same ole same ole this and tat that, that I just hate with some one says there going to take your crown,!!!! and tease you. or They are going to wipe your name from the lambs book of life and tease you.

Or they are going to make you think they erased your seal with Good Loveing pressiess and my love of my kisses Yeshua - Jesus. I hate the same ole same things roaming around making things hard, that unrighteous mammon that pastes him self on to people to make them feel righteous but are not!!!!

God is righteous I know I am and I know we can, yes we can

I so happy I am my "The Yesusha of the Lord Jesus - King of the Jerusalem converted hebrews.

You know we can be so sad for things to be so Controled by God or we can be so happy to express the milk of the subjext that it is too unfortunate that we are stuck in the sadness of our lives.

with out the ability to continue
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you expect people to respect your beliefs when you spew this kind of hatred ? You seem to be a lost believer that lives to hate. Does your faith make you like this ?
Witchetty , The quacks on this website do not respect any one's beliefs.
Mine is not hatred...
Have not seen you complain when believers are mocked by said quacks,
They started it , continue it and I will not sit idly by.
Anyhow , you must admit that the same symptoms they claim to be suffering from are the same as afflicted the fictional character of Dracula as it pertains to the cross.
To me ,if you can't take it,don't dish it out

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
You've got to be kidding.

Christians have been hating for nearly two thousand years now.

It's in your holy book with the rest of those instructions to kill people.

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

The believers in here really ought to stop for a minute and ask themselves just what they would do if they had the abilities of their invisible sky pixie.

Just for a minute.

When they're finished they can then consider the thought that none of the things they would do have been done by their god.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Witchetty , The quacks on this website do not respect any one's beliefs.
Mine is not hatred...
Have not seen you complain when believers are mocked by said quacks,
Anyhow , you must admit that the same symptoms they claim to be suffering from are the same as afflicted the fictional character of Dracula as it pertains to the cross.
To me ,if you can't take it,don't dish it out
I understand what your saying .. I think your held to higher standards being a believer . It might be wiser to understand through empathy and debate with respect other than insults.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The smartest person to ever live was Sir Issac Newton. He was issued a challenge by a theologian friend to find an error in the Bible. Newton spend years methodically studying the Bible and could not find an error anywhere. The Bible has challenged the most brilliant minds that ever lived. Newton became a believer during his Biblical study.
Do you go to the dentist to get your car fixed?
We have learned a lot about biblical claims and science since Newton. Come into this century please.
Modern geology and DNA proves the flood never happened. Newton could not have known.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what your saying .. I think your held to higher standards being a believer . It might be wiser to understand through empathy and debate with respect other than insults.
Well when a person claims to follow the teachings of Jesus and does the opposite ( turn the other cheek) we tend to call them hypocrites. It certainly throws a monkey wrench in your efforts.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me see if I understand you correctly. As a believer ,if we adhere to the teachings of Our Lord,we will behave at a much higher moral plane than unbelievers.
Therefore the moral conduct taught by Jesus is much superior than that practiced by unbelievers... I agree
When on Topix , we are expected ,by Topix to adhere to their rules.
I've been posting on Topix for over a year. During that time,neither myself or any other believer has been banned from Topix.
On the other hand , although there aren't that many Topx posters , I have witnessed the banning of SP, Skeptical Spektakles , Kitten Kodder , Yiagoand a couple more whose names escape me right now.
Latest to be banned was Mecha-Hitler . He lasted about 2 hours. This happened yesterday.
He posted 3 times and he was gone.
That makes about 8 Atheists that have been ousted to none for believers.....
Perhaps you should be addressing the behaviour of the unbelievers..........
Iam sure you are well aware of all this ,,,,Sometimes we need a reminder to keep us on track.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well when a person claims to follow the teachings of Jesus and does the opposite ( turn the other cheek) we tend to call them hypocrites. It certainly throws a monkey wrench in your efforts.
When I am continouslly mocked by Atheists and at some point respond to those insults in a more forceful manner , much to the chagrin and dismay of the Atheists and they start crying , whining and moaning about my responses , I call them Chcken Poop.
If you can't stand the Kitchen , get out of the heat or something like that.
Do not go to a gunfight armed with a knife.
If you are going to get into a battle of wits , make sure you are properly armed, otherwise refrain from doing so
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Like many fundie whackjobs, curious prefers to be defined by his hatred.
That is your misguided opinion.
Let us look at the facts and see what unbelief will do to your physical and mental well being.
According to the American Atheists org. they have filed a lawsuit to stop the 9/11 cross from being placed at the museum at ground zero. their reasons are that said cross has caused the plaintiffs to have suffered, inter alia, Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish .
No OTHER GROUP or religion has been afficted by these maladies, only Atheists have been afflicted and are the only ones vehemently complaining,,And why? because of their unbelief...
Those are FACTS , confirmed by the words of the Atheist Plaintiffs..........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
When I am continouslly mocked by Atheists and at some point respond to those insults in a more forceful manner , much to the chagrin and dismay of the Atheists and they start crying , whining and moaning about my responses , I call them Chcken Poop.
If you can't stand the Kitchen , get out of the heat or something like that.
Do not go to a gunfight armed with a knife.
If you are going to get into a battle of wits , make sure you are properly armed, otherwise refrain from doing so
I can stand it fine, just pointing out your continued Christian hypocrisy. You only continue to my points proven.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I can stand it fine, just pointing out your continued Christian hypocrisy. You only continue to my points proven.
Naaaaah , You are not pointing out my Christian hypocricy , you are pointing out Atheist cowardice and bully tactics that are blowing up all around you.
You and yours are of the misguided belief that you can insult and mock at will ,without fear of reperccusions....
When someone responds in kind , you whine and cry.
Your whining,crying complaining,which causes you all great discomfort could be avoided if you changed your obstinate ways . If you don't , then your crying,whining and complaining ways will continue to haunt you and your discomfort will continue to increase
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, rejected the Trinity teaching, he smartest person to ever live was Sir Issac Newton.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
The believers in here really ought to stop for a minute and ask themselves just what they would do if they had the abilities of their invisible sky pixie.
Just for a minute.
When they're finished they can then consider the thought that none of the things they would do have been done by their god.
I have no idea what I wouild do if I had all the abilities that God has. His abilities are way beyond anything that I,with my limited abilities can comprehend.
Now let me ask you a question on a topic that totally confuses me.
What is it that causes Atheists to suffer attacks of depression , anxiety ,suffer headaches and mental anguish at the thought of a cross,which is part of the history and narrative of 9/11
to be placed at the 9/11 museum.
That problem perplexes me since it only afflicts Atheists and no one else..........
preacher man

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

I believe we need this here badly u see all these homos and what not walking around these punk kids haing out all over town eating at mcdonalds everyday..I would like a big fat Mac without waiting in line for 2 weeks put these kids in bible boot camp were they belong they need the bible beat in to them rebellious teenagers and what not they took my cane at Walmart and refused to give it back there's good and bad ones but it seems like a bunch of them are punks

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2014

Judged:

Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your misguided opinion.
Let us look at the facts and see what unbelief will do to your physical and mental well being.
According to the American Atheists org. they have filed a lawsuit to stop the 9/11 cross from being placed at the museum at ground zero. their reasons are that said cross has caused the plaintiffs to have suffered, inter alia, Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish .
No OTHER GROUP or religion has been afficted by these maladies, only Atheists have been afflicted and are the only ones vehemently complaining,,And why? because of their unbelief...
Those are FACTS , confirmed by the words of the Atheist Plaintiffs..........
Fact: I've never heard of American Atheists.

Fact: They certainly don't represent all Atheists anymore than Fred Phelps and his gang represent all Christians.

Fact: What's the big deal? Christians have been demonstrating against stuff for years - we all know how they hate Harry Potter books and films. You got a problem with a group of atheists having their turn at demonstrating now?

It's nice to know you have no problem with religious symbols being used in public places. No doubt you're all for the Muslims erecting a symbol there as well. Or indeed any other religious group - that includes Satanists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 27 min Limbertwig 146,291
Stivers Center fixes 1 hr get real 51
Any couples into SCAT??? 2 hr lady ella 12
disability lawyer 2 hr been there 17
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Ashby 26,189
jon h 3 hr Resident 17
Truddy 4 hr John Deer 4
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters