Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 159660 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#126341 Mar 16, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative judges uphold the separation of church and state too.
The only people who oppose it are those who want to force their religion on everyone else.
We do not want to force anything on you... it is YOUR CHOICE!
What we do not like is you people forcing US to swim in the sewer with you!
We do not care what you do in YOUR house, just don't come in our schools
and teach children that swimming in the sewer is Natural, and A-Ok!
It is NOT!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#126342 Mar 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is clear to me, Ted haggard was indoctrinated by religion to think his homosexuality was a sin. So he tried to act heterosexual and married a woman. She is now married to someone who does not have sexual desires for her due to his nature that he was born with.
You can claim it was demons, ghosts or leprechauns. It only shows you do not understand nature. It is another reason I am sure your religious belief is a myth.
Your hate filled comments about it is why I have an agenda of showing others your beliefs are based upon myth.
I said " end of communication" as I do not want to respond to you any further, but I have to say this...
Ted, like you had a bad foundation, and a flawed conversion!
I know a true conversion is being born again... you, and he was not!
Jesus saved me from those "UN-Natural" desires, I have been born again!
I pray the same for you, Ted, and everyone on earth!

Now... you can, and un-doubtiedly will continue posting to me, but
I find posting to you a futile effort... Only Jesus can fix your ignorance!
Good day, and may the Lord have mercy on you!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#126344 Mar 16, 2014
BobbumMan wrote:
Blows my mind that religion of any kind still exists in the year 2014. So much for evolution...
Exactly....
"So much for evolution".... God is real.... Evilution is fake!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#126345 Mar 16, 2014
hmmm wrote:
If you want a government based on a religious book move to Iran. Otherwise, read the constitution and Shut The Hell Up... Separation of church and state !!
Signed in the Year of our Lord!
Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#126347 Mar 16, 2014
The post above points to so many of you here....
Liberal Idiots, fools!

Get wisdom, seek God, and stop being fools!
Good day :-)

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126348 Mar 16, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Please cite in the US Constitution the words "separation of Church and State"?
You must have attended public high school if don't know.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/campbellsvill...
Amendment II
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It seems that you've either been looking in the wrong place or your Jehovah is ArmaLite and your Jesus is Smith and Wesson.

I never said the phrase "separation of Church and State" is in the constitution or its amendments. President Jefferson wrote, " I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature would "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church and State."

You have an unanswered question on the table.
Where in the OT does it say that Noah was mocked and the neighbor's kids were invited aboard?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126349 Mar 16, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
The post above points to so many of you here....
Liberal Idiots, fools!
Get wisdom, seek God, and stop being fools!
Good day :-)
"The post above" points to your inability to assimilate what you've been told about the Gregorian calendar - as well as just about anything and everything else.

Since: Oct 13

Mount Washington, KY

#126350 Mar 16, 2014
If you are a Christian then naturally you can give up everything. But Can you as a non believer do this?

When Jesus heard this, he said to him,“You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said,“How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!(Luke)

Read more: http://moneyhelpforchristians.com/70-new-test...
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126351 Mar 16, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Your statement about Britain trying to conquer America in 1812 shows just how far off the mark you are with the truth.
The real conflict that actually mattered back then was the war with Napoleon. Part of which involved the navy stopping ships on the high seas and impressing sailors who were sometimes American.
A dubious practice? Maybe, but certainly not dissimilar to what the USA does today with its kidnapping of foreign nationals and imprisoning them at Guantanamo Bay.
Nevertheless, the USA declared war on Britain while we were busy in a far more important conflict. USA war aims were to stop the British ceasing American sailors ( they failed to achieve that aim). Another US war aim was, to use your terminology, to conquer Canada. They invaded Canada on various occasions but were defeated every time. That's two failed US war aims.
Why did the US war aims fail? Because the British war aims succeeded.
What were the British war aims?
To prevent Canada from being conquered by America. I dumbed that sentence down a bit to a level that your limited intelligence may grasp.
To continue our boarding of foreign ships and doing what was necessary.
We succeeded in both.
In the course of achieving that success we inflicted the greatest ever humiliation on American arms, we invaded the American heartland and burned their Capitol. We blockaded the eastern seaboard and bankrupted the USA.
Yet your lies and hyperbole involve claims that Britain tried to conquer the USA?
Ah well, what do you expect when you insist on getting your history from a song?
Pity you didn't have any of those gator guns at the Battle of Bladensburg.
LOL You well know that the reason I posted that information was to rattle your cage.
Johnny Horton really gave you "A Mess of Blues"

Let us get back to the real topic which you now seek to avoid , due either to your ignorance of the facts or that you are still in a state of denial or both.
I have posted studies that indicate the maladies afflicting Atheists,which are caused by their unbelief.
You , Lodi , Box , Chroe , Duket and Spaceship have intentionally and erroneously claimed those studied to be invalid.
I posted an article by Staks Rosch , Atheist leader, where he made the same claims.
Again , your group attempted to discredit his article and made disparaging remarks about his leadership role.
Now , Atheists have confirmed these maladies that afflict them ,based on their unbelief.
Their admission is attached to alegal document , the lawsuit they filed.
When Sista and I posted this information, you ALL claimed it was false , that said information had been manufactured.
After the preponderance of the evidence could not be denied , even by irrational means.
You all have sought to avoid that Topic At All Costs.
Thereby proving ,beyond a shadow of a doubt , your incompetence , ignorance and futile attempts to hide the truth......
Deal with that..........or not..........
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126352 Mar 16, 2014
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly....
"So much for evolution".... God is real.... Evilution is fake!
Evolution and science may be able to explain that which is alive ,for which it has been programmed by it's designer.
What they are totally unable to explain is how life was created in any of the species.
That is the very relevant question that they are quite incapable of answering.
They have theories which they have tested ,all ended in abject failure.
That which comes into being by Supernatutal means can not be explained by natural means.
Goddidit is the answer,which,they refuse to acknowledge

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#126353 Mar 16, 2014
cat woman wrote:
our government should change with times..........due to all crimes in area..........they should pass a law that states all people must go to church on sunday
So you wish to use force for your religious beliefs? Wow, thanks for coming out and saying it so clearly. Your statement is what I suspect many theists want, but know better than to say it. Why? Because it is against the constitution, and is against the very thing that makes our country so great, secularism.
BTW, forcing people to listen to religious dogma is not going to reduce crime rates, and even if it did, I would hate to forfeit our greatest freedom for a bit of security.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126354 Mar 16, 2014
cat woman wrote:
<quoted text>
you have summarized my whole entire day of typing.....Thank u
but which parts are hard to follow for christians? since ur atheist.......tell us what rules christians have a hard time followin
I am atheist, and still can observe. I observe the Christians here not using the rule of turning the other cheek.
Also I was once a Christian myself.
Seems to me the rule is one of Jesus' defining rules. He literally defied the old laws of the prophets and made a new rule that directly opposed their law.
Ironically Jesus supposedly said he was not here to change the laws of the prophets.
But then their are many contradictions of the bible.

So are you a Christian? If so, do you follow the turn your cheek rule?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126355 Mar 16, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution and science may be able to explain that which is alive ,for which it has been programmed by it's designer.
What they are totally unable to explain is how life was created in any of the species.
That is the very relevant question that they are quite incapable of answering.
They have theories which they have tested ,all ended in abject failure.
That which comes into being by Supernatutal means can not be explained by natural means.
Goddidit is the answer,which,they refuse to acknowledge
It is nice to see you acknowledge the science of the day as real. Sadly you still insert god into any gaps of science.
I wonder what you would say if science soon learned how life began and it was as natural as rain? I have no doubt you would move the goal post. That game has been played for centuries and it can easily go one forever. There will always be questions left unanswered.
btw, I would not say all theories have been an abject failure. Some theories are still open to being falsified. Some have even produced RNA which could form DNA.
So to claim the theories are abject failures is a false claim.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126356 Mar 16, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL You well know that the reason I posted that information was to rattle your cage.
Johnny Horton really gave you "A Mess of Blues"
Let us get back to the real topic which you now seek to avoid , due either to your ignorance of the facts or that you are still in a state of denial or both.
I have posted studies that indicate the maladies afflicting Atheists,which are caused by their unbelief.
You , Lodi , Box , Chroe , Duket and Spaceship have intentionally and erroneously claimed those studied to be invalid.
I posted an article by Staks Rosch , Atheist leader, where he made the same claims.
Again , your group attempted to discredit his article and made disparaging remarks about his leadership role.
Now , Atheists have confirmed these maladies that afflict them ,based on their unbelief.
Their admission is attached to alegal document , the lawsuit they filed.
When Sista and I posted this information, you ALL claimed it was false , that said information had been manufactured.
After the preponderance of the evidence could not be denied , even by irrational means.
You all have sought to avoid that Topic At All Costs.
Thereby proving ,beyond a shadow of a doubt , your incompetence , ignorance and futile attempts to hide the truth.....
Deal with that..........or not..........
So your motive is agitation? So your motives are anti-turn the other cheek? Kind of like being the opposite of curious? At least you got your name right, it is backwards of curious.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#126357 Mar 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text> So are you a Christian? If so, do you follow the turn your cheek rule?
It said,

"they should pass a law that states all people must go to church on sunday".

Good old absolution by torture comes next.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#126358 Mar 16, 2014
cat woman wrote:
our government should change with times..........due to all crimes in area..........they should pass a law that states all people must go to church on sunday
Along with a psych evaluation law that's mandatory for all that make our laws.
Buff..........

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#126359 Mar 16, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>It is nice to see you acknowledge the science of the day as real. Sadly you still insert god into any gaps of science.
I wonder what you would say if science soon learned how life began and it was as natural as rain? I have no doubt you would move the goal post. That game has been played for centuries and it can easily go one forever. There will always be questions left unanswered.
btw, I would not say all theories have been an abject failure. Some theories are still open to being falsified. Some have even produced RNA which could form DNA.
So to claim the theories are abject failures is a false claim.
To make false claims is all the Troll "bi-curious" does.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126360 Mar 16, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
If you are a Christian then naturally you can give up everything. But Can you as a non believer do this?
When Jesus heard this, he said to him,“You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.” When he heard this, he became very sad, because he was a man of great wealth. Jesus looked at him and said,“How hard it is for the rich to enter the kingdom of God!(Luke)
Read more: http://moneyhelpforchristians.com/70-new-test...
The question is nonsensical. It is not smart to give up all. The power of your wealth can be used to give more for a longer time overall. Just look at atheist Bill Gates for example. He gave up half his wealth to charity which was several billions of dollars, and keep enough to invest and make more, thus allowing him to give more in the future.

It is clear to me Jesus felt the end times was going to be in the lifetimes of the people alive that day. In fact he said as much. It was a failed prophesy. But the point is, he thought there was no future to invest in. He was dead wrong about that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126361 Mar 16, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
It said,
"they should pass a law that states all people must go to church on sunday".
Good old absolution by torture comes next.
Then a holy war over which day is the actual Sabbath.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126362 Mar 16, 2014
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Signed in the Year of our Lord!
Go figure!
I certainly would not expect the founders to change the calendar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox County teacher arrested on drug charges 40 min KnowsForSure 21
Who hit Billy Roark?? 52 min Wondering 10
Meth 2 hr well now 17
Brittany trent the next amber powers !!! 2 hr jenny 1
Joshua Kyle Ramsey, KCHS teacher arrested in Mi... 3 hr teacher 3
barbourville/knox county..... 4 hr Bitchplease 17
The Simpson brothers from K Jay (Dec '08) 4 hr Bitchplease 22
Coach dinky out?? 8 hr Please explain 17

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web