Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151732 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#126222 Mar 14, 2014
One more thing I told you years ago if you want to know anything about them go see them or talk to them yourself.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126223 Mar 14, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you think we are stupid because we did not care to figure out what your new name was? Your arrogance shows daily. No one cares about your name or why you feel a need to change it so often. You keep claiming to have defeated us in some way, but can never show us as wrong. Go take your self proclaimed victory lap Mr. Hypocrite.
Hey ,I don't think you all are stupid , devious,cedeitful and conniving YES ,you all have proved it beyond any doubt.
So go ahead , Glory in all your Atheist accomplishmnets.
1) The Atheist Church in London is going for the jugular of the Atheist Church in NYC

2) You all are no longer denying Staks Rosch as a knowledgeable and well informed Atheist Leader as it re4lates to the maladies afflicting Atheists ,inter alia suicide,depressioon ,anxiety

3) Atheists have openly admitted in their 9/11 lawsuit that the cross has caused them inter alia to suffer from didpepsia, anxiety , headaches and mental anguish.
No need to thank me with providing you all with the evidence that you did not want to accept
I noticed that once you ran out of lies ,denials and excuses , you finally had to accept it
and have not addressed their validity any more
And lastly,,,,,,,,,, your final Victory

4) The Atheist lawsuit re. 9/11 has been dismissed by the courts

Congratulations , that is an impressive list of losses..........And there are more to come

I never claimed to have defeated any of you at any time.
Your defeats were self inflicted due to your baseless faith.
Don't blame me , I had nothing to do with it I merely provided the information that you all so dreaded.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126224 Mar 14, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your source is Glen Beck's The Blaze, which has come into question about providing credible information on other occasions?
Next time try reading the WHOLE thing.
REPEAT...

.... than 1,000 non- Christian individuals who were killed at the World Trade Center.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/09/11/at ...

(REPEAT) And, just in case and FYI...There's at least a half a DOZEN other sites, that say the SAME damn thing.
Anti-american SICKO psychos.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126225 Mar 14, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
"This shrine is a cross," Silverman told CBS News on Thursday. "It was picked up, trimmed, polished, the word 'Jesus' was carved on top of it, it was prayed over in front of a church for five years, and then it was installed in the WTC memorial with no warning by a priest in a religious service where in the ground was consecrated. This is a working Christian shrine in the memorial and then they had the gall to say it's not religious in nature, that it represents everybody. That's not true. It does not represent Jews, Muslims, Mormons or atheists, and they all had deaths on 9/11."
Silverman said that the museum should either remove the cross or acknowledge everybody else who died in the tragedy in a manner equal to Christians. "We're talking about public lands, we're talking about public funds, we're talking about congressionally ordered public funds. We're talking about an 18-foot memorial, this is grossly inappropriate. We feel very strongly that this is an attempt to Christianize 9/11, to make it about Christians, even though it's not about Christians at all."
The IGNORANCE of some (not all) atheist...WHOLE memorial sites just simply elude them.

http://www.911memorial.org/
Visit the 9/11 Memorial

A national tribute to the men, women and children killed in the terrorist attacks of 2001 and 1993.

Anti American IDIOTS.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126226 Mar 14, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Sista, I told ya the atheists would find an excuse to justify their fraudulent Faith.
Lodi just posted the first one ,, I am waiting for more pigeons to walk into that trap so I can spring it shut.
You see that he did not dare dispute the facts....He knows better ...He merely tries to imply that the source might be questionable,,,Kinda like character assassination.
Good try Shyster Holmes
Apparently too LAZY to search the MANY OTHER links (as mentioned) as well.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126227 Mar 14, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
stuck in a lodi wrote:
"This shrine is a cross," Silverman told CBS News on Thursday. "It was picked up, trimmed, polished, the word 'Jesus' was carved on top of it, it was prayed over in front of a church for five years, and then it was installed in the WTC memorial with no warning by a priest in a religious service where in the ground was consecrated. This is a working Christian shrine in the memorial and then they had the gall to say it's not religious in nature, that it represents everybody. That's not true. It does not represent Jews, Muslims, Mormons or atheists, and they all had deaths on 9/11."
Silverman said that the museum should either remove the cross or acknowledge everybody else who died in the tragedy in a manner equal to Christians. "We're talking about public lands, we're talking about public funds, we're talking about congressionally ordered public funds. We're talking about an 18-foot memorial, this is grossly inappropriate. We feel very strongly that this is an attempt to Christianize 9/11, to make it about Christians, even though it's not about Christians at all."
<quoted text>
It was dismissed but it's not over.
I have said twice now, that I don't have a problem of it being displayed, if it is done so correctly, which I highly doubt that being the case. This T Beam has already been blessed, has been prayed over for more than 5 years at it's other location, and the name Jesus has been carved into it. Don't pretend that some if not most people are already considering this a shrine, their actions alone prove this. The question is whether it goes against the first amendment rights.
The issue is .... the Christian jumped on this T beam as something of a symbol sent from heaven and is inherently religious. Do you think if this piece of steel came to resemble a "P" or an "S" that it would have gotten any attention? No it would have been melted down and disposed of like all the other debris.
There is NO issue.

It's in the MUSEUM, NOT a "church" as an ARTIFACT, because it was physically PART of the original building.

What next-ban replica's of items like Da Vinci's famous "Last Supper" painting from public places that aren't "religious establishments" as well?

Frg'n nutcases.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126228 Mar 14, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Given the hammering he's been getting, I can understand curious trying another tack but you? Well, songs are one thing but they're not a good guide to history.
That particular war didn't go too well for you guys so I can understand you having to latch onto the odd high point in a series of lows.
You won't find many (if any) songs about our victories on your soil in the War of 1812. Why? Because nobody over here was really interested.
You won't even find songs about the Battle of Bladensburg which has been named by eminent historian Daniel Walker Howe as "the greatest disgrace ever dealt to American arms” and "the most humiliating episode in American history". Despite our victory in the heart of America and subsequent burning of your Capitol, we just didn't care - it was really no big deal.
1812 may mean a lot to you and curious, but it pales into insignificance besides Napoleon, Russia and the Battle of Borodino which was the real main event of that year.
That is right. All the Americans were interested in was chasing you out of North America , just as they did in the RW...
Now you come to America seeking help,,, The last century America carried ALL of Europe
and it is to America that the world looks to for leadership

As the French would say Cest la vie Monsieur
OOOOOHHH LA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126229 Mar 14, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>9/11 was a religious atrocity. And it looks to me that the Christians want to have a holy war against Islam as bad as Islam wants a holy war with Christianity. George Bush obliged their wishes. The cross at ground zero is a symbol of that holy war.
It wasn't "Christians" that decimated the Twin Towers, idiot.

The Museum’s core exhibitions will be located within the archaeological heart of the World Trade Center site. Key historic and in-situ elements will convey both the architectural history of the World Trade Center and the events of September 11, 2001. As visitors make their final descent to the exhibition level, they will pass alongside the Vesey Street stair remnant, the historic “Survivors’ Stairs.” On 9/11, hundreds escaped with their lives, fleeing down this stairway.
Visitors will also see the remnants of structural columns that now delineate the footprints of the original Twin Towers. Portions of the original foundations of the Towers have also been preserved, and are revealed at significant moments within the historic and memorial exhibitions.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126230 Mar 14, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty sure tooth aches have nothing to do with your absurd claim of protesters being un-American. I see you could not defend your ridiculous accusation still. I sure did not forget.
The IGNORANCE of such anti-americanism is enough to give anyone an ache.

Anyone ought to sue THEM, for inlicting and subjetcing rational people to plague toxic IGNORANCE like that.

IDIOTS.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126231 Mar 14, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>"Anti-American "? How so?
For the THIRD time, I already explained that.

NOT doing it again.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126232 Mar 14, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
In Sista's book, anyone who isn't a tea party buffoon is "anti-American."
That's not true either.
Why do IDIOT(s) and buffoons think they can speak for other people?
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#126235 Mar 14, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
John
The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth;
For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us forever.
Grace be with you, mercy, and peace, from God the Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of the Father, in truth and love.
I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.
And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.
And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, that, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.
The children of thy elect sister greet thee. Amen.
Jesus only had 12 Apostles and none of them were women. In the true Christian Congregations there are no women Apostles nor Elderettes.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#126236 Mar 14, 2014
"....... Amber"
You should drop the "Apostle" from your post name because it is a dead giveaway that you are not in the truth as you indicate. "Amber" should be enough and the word amber means "proceed with caution" and I agree!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#126237 Mar 14, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
That is right. All the Americans were interested in was chasing you out of North America , just as they did in the RW...
You need to learn your history. It means putting that bible down and reading something else. Are you capable of doing that?

Just think, you can read about how without the Spanish, Dutch and especially the French, the anti-government forces would have lost that civil war.

As for the War of 1812 a song is a poor basis for learning what happened as evidenced by your posts. Read the real history:

Read about the times we kicked your butts everytime you tried to invade Canada.

Read about how we kicked your butts at the Battle of Bladensburg, which subsequently became known as "the greatest disgrace ever dealt to American arms."

Read about how we burned Washington while your ancestors ran screaming through the streets.

Read about how we captured your flagship - USS President

Read about how the war bankrupted your country leaving American investors no option than to switch their money into British government bonds.

Read about the American war aims and how none of them were achieved.

Then read about the British war aim and how we did achieve it.

Sounds like a success for us and a failure for you guys.
Suoiruc wrote:
Now you come to America seeking help,,, The last century America carried ALL of Europe
and it is to America that the world looks to for leadership
This statement is so dumb it barely merits responding to.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#126238 Mar 15, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus only had 12 Apostles and none of them were women. In the true Christian Congregations there are no women Apostles nor Elderettes.
Yeah, we all know that women and the Bible just do not mix.

Looks like your god has a real downer on womankind.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#126239 Mar 15, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>9/11 was a religious atrocity. And it looks to me that the Christians want to have a holy war against Islam as bad as Islam wants a holy war with Christianity. George Bush obliged their wishes. The cross at ground zero is a symbol of that holy war.
Out of the mass of rubble I don't find it particularly amazing that two beams ended up forming a cross. Now, if 6 beams had formed a Star of David I might consider it unusual enough to place in a display.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#126240 Mar 15, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true either.
Why do IDIOT(s) and buffoons think they can speak for other people?
Denial doesn't make it untrue.
You YaA and curious "speak for other people" all the time.
I'll raise you "Why do IDIOT(s) and buffoons think they can speak for God?"

“See how you are?”

Earth

#126241 Mar 15, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
To an extent, I'm going to side with Apostle Amber.. Mary Magdalene was an apostle. Judas was an apostle. Paul was a cult leader.
SistaNoneYa

Manchester, KY

#126242 Mar 15, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Out of the mass of rubble I don't find it particularly amazing that two beams ended up forming a cross. Now, if 6 beams had formed a Star of David I might consider it unusual enough to place in a display.
Well they didn't, so there isn't.

And don't be touching the damn ceiling in the Sistine Chapel with your nasty, grimey, germy atheist whines either.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#126243 Mar 15, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
"....... Amber"
You should drop the "Apostle" from your post name because it is a dead giveaway that you are not in the truth as you indicate. "Amber" should be enough and the word amber means "proceed with caution" and I agree!
Loosely, apostle means an advocate of an idea or cause.
Amber is petrified tree sap - or perhaps a stage name for an adult entertainer.

On the other hand, "Known Fact" has nothing to do with the Jehovah's Witness cult whatsoever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No regrets 35 min Your way 6
cheese eating rat on callebs creek 2 hr YourName 6
women 2 hr in the know 2
Advocate puzzle 2 hr Wilchec 2
save alot 2 hr pugilista 22
Older men Younger women 2 hr long cool woman 13
It"s a bad problem to deal with 4 hr Sad Melody 1
Higher Property Taxes 4 hr Woweee 14

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web