Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 161114 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#126050 Mar 11, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said-It doesn't means people have rights to abuse one another -that's for sure!
So you cannot tell us what it means? Just as you cannot tell us what the protesters did that are unAmerican.
I am not defending anyone's negative comments, you are you hypocrite.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126051 Mar 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be attending funerals of American servicemen and gloating over their deaths?
That's what Christians do.
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah , That is not what we do , your opinion on the subject is based on your ignorance

What I sould be doing is dispensing Prozac,Aleve and pepto bismol to those atheists whe are being afflioted by dyspepsia,anxiety, headaches and mental anguish as a result of their unbelief.
However, I know that is not the cure for their affiction.

I could talk to them and advice them on the cure but IT WOULD BE TO NO AVAIL
Because of their unbelief
"The Lord has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts--so that their eyes cannot see, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and have me heal them."
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126052 Mar 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I see you still cannot produce a single reason the protests are unAmerican.
I've told you and I will tell you again so that everyone can see for themselves your hypocricy and use of deveptive tactics in order to justify your indefensible faith. Not only yours, but that of Pre K ,Box and the other members of your faith
What is unAmerican is any attempt to impose one's views on the majority of the citizenry by concocting deceptive methods in order to deceive and mislead so as to achieve your nefarious objective,
The American Atheists attempts to keep the Cross at the museum on the basis that such action is intended to promote Christianity is false and,baseless. They provided absolutely no evidence to support their claim , because no evidence exists to support that claim.
The Cross is an inherent part of the history surrounding that event.
The object of the Museum and the artifacts contained therein ,is to honor those who died at that sight.
Other museums contain religious artifacts and people visit those museums , not as an act of worship.
The Atheists attempts to distort and deceive is an insult to the families and friends of those who died there and to most Americans
It clearly shows a lack of respect to the memory of those we seek to honor , which ,by their actions, the Atheists dishonor.
Imposing your views on others is UnAmerican, Distorting the facts and creating deceitful excuses in an attempt to justify your faith in UNAmerican

Let us keep in mind that those of the Jewish faith,Hindu or Muslim faith or anyone else is opposed to the Cross,an artifact, to be part of the artifacts that are part of that event.
The Atheists are the only ones comp[laining and they have not hesitated to give their reasons, which are that as a result of that Cross , they are being afflicted by a number of physical and mental maladies , which are based on their Unbelief.
I have posted this on numerous occasions in the last few days..........

None of you have been able to dispute those facts , other than claiming that I am lying.
The facts are there for all to see.
You all are the liars and deniers.........
The behaviour of the Atheists is not only UnAmerican , it is based on deceit and an intentional distortion of the truth
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#126053 Mar 11, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
Mr. Spaceship,
Please come back to earth long enough to answer this question: Where does the Bible say that?
You said:
"Not a single believer in god can grow limbs on amputees and yet the
bible says you can if you really have faith."
Where does the Bible say that?
Please list the Book, the chapter and the verse!
I think you should read your bible again first and find it yourself. Yes it's in the bible ask any trinitarian like YAA he can email you how many people that have been brought back from the dead and healed from injuries. I know it's all bull, lies and fake that's is why i challenge them to produce evidence.

I read the JW's know when the end is coming. When the United Nations bans all religion then Armageddon will start, a watchtower prophesy.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126054 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I've told you and I will tell you again so that everyone can see for themselves your hypocricy and use of deveptive tactics in order to justify your indefensible faith. Not only yours, but that of Pre K ,Box and the other members of your faith
What is unAmerican is any attempt to impose one's views on the majority of the citizenry by concocting deceptive methods in order to deceive and mislead so as to achieve your nefarious objective,
The American Atheists attempts to keep the Cross at the museum on the basis that such action is intended to promote Christianity is false and,baseless. They provided absolutely no evidence to support their claim , because no evidence exists to support that claim.
The object of the Museum and the artifacts contained therein ,is to honor those who died at that sight.
Other museums contain religious artifacts and people visit those museums , not as an act of worship.
The Atheists attempts to distort and deceive is an insult to the families and friends of those who died there and to most Americans
It clearly shows a lack of respect to the memory of those we seek to honor , which ,by their actions, the Atheists dishonor.
Imposing your views on others is UnAmerican, Distorting the facts and creating deceitful excuses in an attempt to justify your faith in UNAmerican
Let us keep in mind that those of the Jewish faith,Hindu or Muslim faith or anyone else is opposed to the Cross,an artifact, to be part of the artifacts that are part of that event.
The Atheists are the only ones comp[laining and they have not hesitated to give their reasons, which are that as a result of that Cross , they are being afflicted by a number of physical and mental maladies , which are based on their Unbelief.
None of you have been able to dispute those facts , other than claiming that I am lying.
The behaviour of the Atheists is not only UnAmerican , it is based on deceit and an intentional distortion of the truth
So insisting a religious symbol be put up is not imposing your views upon others but insisting it be taken down is imposing ones views on others?
Damn you are dumb as a brick.
You would not know a contradiction if it beat you in the head daily.

The place in question is a Government institution. So the government is imposing a religious view upon others. Citizens find this a contradiction of secularism. Secularism is what makes our country great. Non secularists attacked us on 9/11. So putting up a non secular symbol is as dumb as putting up an Islamic symbol at the site.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126055 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have no idea what you were accused of lying about.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126056 Mar 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Today I was reading about the missing Malaysian Airlines jet.
If you're a Christian then you can't rule out the option that God magicked the plane and all in it up to heaven.
My Financial Counsellor called me today and adviced me to buy 3 specific stocks.
His sources told him that due to the conditions afflicting Atheists throughout America(, dispepsiah , anxiety ,headaches ,mental anguish and other maladies ) as a result of the dispute re;' the Cross at the 9/11 Museum , drugstores are being bombarded with requests for the following
Prozac , Produced by ELI LILLY , used to control anxiety ,
Pepto Bismol ,produced by PROCTER & GAMBLE used to calm dispepsiah
Aleve, produced by SYNTAX ,used to alleviate headaches and other pains
Sales of these products , as a result of the demand from Atheists, has soared past historical levels and are establishing new records by the hour.
He advised me to buy as many shares of these companies as I can, as the demand continues to grow.
He expects that when the Appelate court rejects the Atheists appeal ,as they are most surely to do, further sales of these products will explode to unimaginable proportions

He is even contacting his Atheist clients ,advising them that the profits they make on these stocks will help defray the expenses they are incurring by having to buy these products for their personal use.
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Like the Godfather , He made them a deal they could not refuse

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#126059 Mar 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid you are wrong
Read Luke Chapter 1 Jesus was born during the time of King Herod
The reference to the taxes that were annual in the home town of birth going back to Quirnius who started the taxation system. Read carefully Chapter 2 of Luke
BTW moron "AD" stands for after death of Jesus Christ.
A.D. It is an abbreviation for “Anno Domini,” which is a Latin phrase meaning “in the year of our Lord,” referring to the year of Christ's birth.

United States of America

#126060 Mar 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid you are wrong
Read Luke Chapter 1 Jesus was born during the time of King Herod
The reference to the taxes that were annual in the home town of birth going back to Quirnius who started the taxation system. Read carefully Chapter 2 of Luke
BTW moron "AD" stands for after death of Jesus Christ.
You have no right to call anyone a moron when you make such statements as referenced above as absolute.

{shaking head at your ridiculous comments}
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126061 Mar 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So insisting a religious symbol be put up is not imposing your views upon others but insisting it be taken down is imposing ones views on others?
Damn you are dumb as a brick.
You would not know a contradiction if it beat you in the head daily.
The place in question is a Government institution. So the government is imposing a religious view upon others. Citizens find this a contradiction of secularism. Secularism is what makes our country great. Non secularists attacked us on 9/11. So putting up a non secular symbol is as dumb as putting up an Islamic symbol at the site.
By David French
. A New York federal judge ruled resoundingly that the Ground Zero Cross’s presence in the 9/11 Museum did not violate the Establishment Clause. The ruling is a victory for history and for common sense.

The history here is beyond dispute. Following the 9/11 attacks, rescue workers did discover to Cross in the wreckage, and the Cross did, in fact, become a source of solace not only to workers on the scene but also to Americans across the nation. Atheists may dislike these historical facts. They may wish their fellow citizens saw the crossed beams as merely another piece of debris, but their wishes do not change history.

And that’s where common sense comes in. By including the Ground Zero Cross, the 9/11 Museum is doing exactly what museums have always done. The attorney for the Museum put it like this:

"The plan has been to display this as one of hundreds and hundreds of artifacts ... because it is part of the history of the recovery efforts after the 911 attacks.

"For some of these people,[the cross] had symbolic significance," he continued, referring to first responders. "They treated it as a religious object and it gave them a great deal of comfort at a difficult time. The 9/11 museum is simply depicting what happened."

That’s exactly right. It’s simply common sense that museums place historically-important artifacts in their collections.

American Atheists’ lawsuit is literally an attempt to rewrite history, to deny future generations the opportunity to know who we were on 9/11 and what was actually important to many, many Americans after those terrible days.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126062 Mar 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Matthew Chapter 2
Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.
King Herod ordered the murder of newborns in Bethlehem.
Bull. It is only another claim your bible makes that is not backed up by history.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126063 Mar 11, 2014
For more than a decade, the Ground Zero Cross has stood as a symbol of hope, found rising out of the rubble at Ground Zero in the aftermath of the worst terrorist attack in our nation’s history.

Yet, the American Atheists actually argue in federal court that the mere “existence of the cross” is causing them “depression, headaches, anxiety, and mental pain and anguish.”

The cross exists because it is was what was left of the remains of the World Trade Center after the terrorist attacks of 9/11 – two intersecting steel beams found amongst the wreckage and rubble at Ground Zero.

The atheist lawsuit, however, ignores these facts, arguing that the “cross constitutes an unlawful attempt to promote a specific religion on government land.” They state that this piece of 9/11 history “promotes Christianity” and “constitutes discrimination against non-Christians.”

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The Ground Zeros Cross is a part of the National September 11 Memorial & Museum’s “Historical Exhibition”– one of over 800 artifacts from Ground Zero.

It is, as the 9/11 museum has stated, an “important and essential artifact,” critical to telling the story of what happened at Ground Zero. The Ground Zero Cross became a symbol of hope to so many during the recovery effort in the immediate aftermath of the terrorist attacks and has continued to provide comfort to the families of those affected years later.

As the National September 11 Memorial & Museum correctly argues in its court filings,“there is no legal authority for the proposition that a museum is prohibited from displaying an item with historical, cultural or artistic significance merely because that item also has religious significance.”

In fact, the opposite is true. The Supreme Court has repeatedly held that the Constitution’s “goal of avoiding governmental endorsement does not require eradication of all religious symbols in the public realm.”

While the atheists claim that the “cross is grossly and outrageously at variance with the Constitution,” it is their lawsuit that is grossly and outrageously out of touch with reality.

United States of America

#126064 Mar 11, 2014
I don't see a problem of the T beam being on display as a T Beam that was left in the rubble. It's according to how it's being displayed....if it is implying that see.....god was with us kind of display... then of course, there's going to be an issue.

All the attackers of 911 were religious, Not all victims were!

So to suggest that god would not stop this horrible event from happening; yet leave a calling card in the form of a cross is utter nonsense.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126065 Mar 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Today I was reading about the missing Malaysian Airlines jet.
If you're a Christian then you can't rule out the option that God magicked the plane and all in it up to heaven.
EXTRA ,EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT
Hey Pre K
The maladies afflicting Atheists,Dispepsiah,Anxiety and Headaches caused by the issue of the Cross at the 9/11 museum, has resulted in a shortage of the following medications ,Prozac, Pepto Bismol and Aleve.
The high demand for these products has caused a shortage of these products and is causing prices to go up in dramatic fashion.
Hurry and get your supplies while they last at reasonable prices..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126066 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
By David French
. A New York federal judge ruled resoundingly that the Ground Zero Cross’s presence in the 9/11 Museum did not violate the Establishment Clause. The ruling is a victory for history and for common sense.
The history here is beyond dispute. Following the 9/11 attacks, rescue workers did discover to Cross in the wreckage, and the Cross did, in fact, become a source of solace not only to workers on the scene but also to Americans across the nation. Atheists may dislike these historical facts. They may wish their fellow citizens saw the crossed beams as merely another piece of debris, but their wishes do not change history.
And that’s where common sense comes in. By including the Ground Zero Cross, the 9/11 Museum is doing exactly what museums have always done. The attorney for the Museum put it like this:
"The plan has been to display this as one of hundreds and hundreds of artifacts ... because it is part of the history of the recovery efforts after the 911 attacks.
"For some of these people,[the cross] had symbolic significance," he continued, referring to first responders. "They treated it as a religious object and it gave them a great deal of comfort at a difficult time. The 9/11 museum is simply depicting what happened."
That’s exactly right. It’s simply common sense that museums place historically-important artifacts in their collections.
American Atheists’ lawsuit is literally an attempt to rewrite history, to deny future generations the opportunity to know who we were on 9/11 and what was actually important to many, many Americans after those terrible days.
None of your points address the protests as being unAmerican.
Even if they did not win the dispute, it does not mean they did not have valid concerns. Concerns that are protected to be voiced by our constitution.

I will continue to fight for the great american right to protest and you can complain about that American right.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126067 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
By David French
On 9/11 we were atheists, Muslims, Christians, Hindu's and more. Thanks for again showing my point. The cross signifies we are less than a diverse nation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126068 Mar 11, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
I don't see a problem of the T beam being on display as a T Beam that was left in the rubble. It's according to how it's being displayed....if it is implying that see.....god was with us kind of display... then of course, there's going to be an issue.
All the attackers of 911 were religious, Not all victims were!
So to suggest that god would not stop this horrible event from happening; yet leave a calling card in the form of a cross is utter nonsense.
9/11 made me realize just how my own religious beliefs were based upon myth, not fact.
I suppose that cross will remind me if that.
The ones here insisting the protesters are unAmerican are showing the same lack understanding of secular rights as the terrorists.
The same fundamentalism attitudes show themselves daily here.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#126069 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah , That is not what we do , your opinion on the subject is based on your ignorance
What I sould be doing is dispensing Prozac,Aleve and pepto bismol to those atheists whe are being afflioted by dyspepsia,anxiety, headaches and mental anguish as a result of their unbelief.
However, I know that is not the cure for their affiction.
I could talk to them and advice them on the cure but IT WOULD BE TO NO AVAIL
Because of their unbelief
"The Lord has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts--so that their eyes cannot see, and their hearts cannot understand, and they cannot turn to me and have me heal them."
Of course it's what you do.

I've seen them on TV.

Just like you, they are Christians and they worship the same god you do.

Just like you, they are full of hate and evil.

"God hates fags" they scream though frothed mouths as they bring their Christian hatred to the funerals of American servicemen.

You can even see the hateful scriptures from the Bible which they use to support their insanity.

You won't find Atheists gloating over the deaths of American soldiers; that's what Christians do - we've all seen them laughing at the grieving families of the deceased.

Christianity is sick.

You laugh at the American dead and then expect everyone to respect your instrument of death (cross).
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#126070 Mar 12, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us analyze the basis and reasons why American Atheists org. filed their lawsuit
They claim that as the result of the cross being included in the museum that they are suffering
among other maladies , Dyspepsia, headaches anxiety and mental anguish
If this all be true, then it is the Cross that is causing these maladies ,based on their unbelief
Or ,because of a delusional state of mind, they are imagining that these maladies are afflicting them
Or , they are not being afflicted by these maladies and are intentionally lying in order to defend their faith.
So, it all boils down to 1 of 3 answers.
1)Their unbekief is causing their maladies
2) Their unbelief is causing them to be delusional
3) Their unbelief is causing them to lie
Great post, but....
I think their only malady is the "Pinocchio" syndrome....
Their noses are getting in other peoples business!
They cannot help lying... it's in their genes!
LOL
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#126071 Mar 12, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You call us extreme names such as "Satan's minions" and yet expect us to listen to what you have to say?
The bible clearly failed to teach you how to act.
(1) this post was not to you...
(2) If you want to remove Christianity... you ARE Anti-Christ!
(3) Three years here.... You've Heard what I have to say....
What YOU do with it.... it's on you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Andera Bays In Jail 23 min citizen of the co... 9
Looking for Debbie lawson 32 min Rebelguy10 8
Jacob tate? 33 min Big juicy 2
Bad Check Question???? 36 min Been There 8
Sonny hamblin 1 hr Geared 40
oasis pizza sued 2 hr John 13
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Breezy _Soul 3,985

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance