Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,545

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
preacher man

Georgetown, KY

#125913 Mar 9, 2014
I believe we need this here badly u see all these homos and what not walking around these punk kids haing out all over town eating at mcdonalds everyday..I would like a big fat Mac without waiting in line for 2 weeks put these kids in bible boot camp were they belong they need the bible beat in to them rebellious teenagers and what not they took my cane at Walmart and refused to give it back there's good and bad ones but it seems like a bunch of them are punks

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#125914 Mar 9, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your misguided opinion.
Let us look at the facts and see what unbelief will do to your physical and mental well being.
According to the American Atheists org. they have filed a lawsuit to stop the 9/11 cross from being placed at the museum at ground zero. their reasons are that said cross has caused the plaintiffs to have suffered, inter alia, Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish .
No OTHER GROUP or religion has been afficted by these maladies, only Atheists have been afflicted and are the only ones vehemently complaining,,And why? because of their unbelief...
Those are FACTS , confirmed by the words of the Atheist Plaintiffs..........
Fact: I've never heard of American Atheists.

Fact: They certainly don't represent all Atheists anymore than Fred Phelps and his gang represent all Christians.

Fact: What's the big deal? Christians have been demonstrating against stuff for years - we all know how they hate Harry Potter books and films. You got a problem with a group of atheists having their turn at demonstrating now?

It's nice to know you have no problem with religious symbols being used in public places. No doubt you're all for the Muslims erecting a symbol there as well. Or indeed any other religious group - that includes Satanists.

Nottingham, UK

#125915 Mar 9, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
I have no idea what I wouild do if I had all the abilities that God has. His abilities are way beyond anything that I,with my limited abilities can comprehend.
You don't? You wouldn't save thousands of children and babies from dying of starvation? You would stand by and do nothing while a six year old girl is raped and murdered?

See? I told you you're warped and twisted.
Suoiruc wrote:
Now let me ask you a question on a topic that totally confuses me.
What is it that causes Atheists to suffer attacks of depression , anxiety ,suffer headaches and mental anguish at the thought of a cross,which is part of the history and narrative of 9/11
to be placed at the 9/11 museum.
That problem perplexes me since it only afflicts Atheists and no one else..........
I don't know, let's see your statistics first. Just so I know that you're not making things up.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#125916 Mar 9, 2014
I came into Kentucky a number of Years ago, part in due to my need to have a cigarette and the other because my spouse moved here and took my children with him as is his want in this world, as it is with so many other of the worlds own.

Strange that I just wanted to smoke freely any place I could and felt freedom that we were so restricted still from smoking there in Cincinnati, Oh to drive over to Covington, KY because in that I could still smoke in the stores and could just hang around in my leisure without being ostracized.(Like where I had been born, Las Vegas, NV.

I ended up with more than I thought when I was dancing hoping no one was around in the dark of night to some beautiful inner thoughts of the 7 lamp stands in Revelation and so let the Spirit move me as I had when I came to Christ in California. I thought yes this is freedom, then I sat at the stoop of a church and enjoyed what I viewed to be more than freedom but may bring me to myself and I heard someone call out my name Amber, I knew he was sent by Christ and that forever my name is in a Holy way now Amber, he looked inspiring.

I later grew to know KY in Frankfort just a little more with a Presbyterian Church there and another church next to the meek building. My employment ended at the temporary agency where I worked for the emergency management when the two towers had fallen and the Pentagon was hit and the plane that came too close to Washington, DC was fired upon.

I had been able to afford only 2nd class housing before a devastating turn of events when I picked up what I thought was a medicine pill I had dropped and ate it. It turned out to be some hallucinatory pill and I had gone through a lot of troublesome harassment from it and I lost everything but a few pictures and my car. Which because I never denied Christ I had grown up without mercy and love except of my Gods, so thankfully loved through him by Christ and the Holy Angels.

My next experience was here in Lexington, KY and though I found a long lost son who was previously taken from me, glorious and wonderful day in the life of my emotions was that. But I also had a lot of difficult times where with I had been falsely put into a role that later proved to be burdensome and then too hard for me to endure without the Lord my God to rescue me like he did so many years ago in San Bernardino, CA and took me away from the wicked and adulterous ways I had been led to believe was all there was in the world for me.

I was saved by the Lord of Lords and King of Kings who called me to his church and led me through some hurtful and menacing times that has left scars too readily opened and used against me today by those who think they do God a favor or those who ignore the truth for a lie.

I worked at Family Foot Care on Richmond Road here in Lexington and my feet began to resemble those of this man and his wives practice. I didnít know from the start why until I caught on with a co-worker who moved away to California, that my Kidney affliction was man made and of course something that led me having my name written in the Lambs book of life, and to my God who had Begotten me as his daughter and to my being chosen by The Christ to be an Apostle.

I was able to know many things and my Spirit grew with the Holy Holy Holy Councilor daily as I found him working through me and I lifted up this wonder Angel Spirit of God to his Glory.

I don't know how much more though I will take of the persecution and affliction before me, I have asked for prayers and have said prayers too. I know that all work together for good in Christ Yeshua - Jesus (he also has a new name). I am thankful that we all have our way in love and charity, peace and grace.

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#125917 Mar 9, 2014
I am thankful I picked up my cross and follow Christ, I know I did not seek to save my life and have found it. I also know I am blessed and happy with my Savior and Mighty God, The Great I AM to his glory and the Lords the I Am Glorified in the Bright Morning Star, and the Holy Councilor the I am. Thank you for being you from me and each one who is of the God we serve in Christ and through the Holy Councilor and our Spirit within us as we are the - i am
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#125918 Mar 10, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that most members of your church is white. According to scientific studies you have work to do. Maybe nsa can help you find out who is sinning.
In this study, white people were the most enthusiastic masturbators.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about...
Nasty is, as Nasty does!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#125919 Mar 10, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
If by chance there is a judgment upon death, I will face it with my head held high. My life speaks for itself. I am willing to let my actions and deeds determine whether or not I am a righteous person.
Let me ask you this: Who stands a better chance of salvation, a man who prays and preaches what Jesus taught but is only concerned with his own fate or someone who lives as Jesus lived but doesnít believe in God?
Jesus' words on this matter....

John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
3:21 But he that doeth truth, cometh to the light, that his
deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

So simple... even a Liberal can do it!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#125920 Mar 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>If your god is dependent upon the idea of the bible being perfect, I do have evidence. And that was what I was talking about. Thanks for yet again diverting because you could not refute my post. Just more evidence your god is myth./
It must really be a bother to you, that
Our Bible is more correct than any of your books
on Evilution!

We didn't have to reprint bad information, and artists renderings....
All we had to do is.... Talk with the Creator to know the truth!

Try it.... You'll be glad you did!

Nottingham, UK

#125921 Mar 10, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus' words on this matter....
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
3:21 But he that doeth truth, cometh to the light, that his
deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
So simple... even a Liberal can do it!
Is that what Jesus said?

So why do you disobey Jesus?

Jesus also said that the

Nottingham, UK

#125922 Mar 10, 2014
Jesus also said that the OT laws would remain till heaven and earth pass away.

So why aren't you out there killing women who aren't virgins on their wedding night?
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125923 Mar 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well when a person claims to follow the teachings of Jesus and does the opposite ( turn the other cheek) we tend to call them hypocrites. It certainly throws a monkey wrench in your efforts.
Newflash Douchette, turning the other cheek doesn't mean that people have to stand there and take ABUSE from sicko pyscho's.

Because that's SICKo Psycho BullChit too.

Nottingham, UK

#125924 Mar 10, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>It must really be a bother to you, that
Our Bible is more correct than any of your books
on Evilution!
We didn't have to reprint bad information, and artists renderings....
All we had to do is.... Talk with the Creator to know the truth!
Try it.... You'll be glad you did!
If you're going to deny anything it's a good idea not to pick Evolution because there is far too much evidence.

You'll just look stupid.

Far better to deny something where there is no evidence.

Something like a god.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125925 Mar 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
They didn't have the scientific proof back in the days of Newton .
You haven't read much on the Sir Newton then have you.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125926 Mar 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to deny anything it's a good idea not to pick Evolution because there is far too much evidence.
You'll just look stupid.
Far better to deny something where there is no evidence.
Something like a god.
thanks to goodness every day-obammer AINT gawd!!!

Yee-har!
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125927 Mar 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>i guess you are to stupid to realize how hypocritical your statement is. You cannot walk past the objections without being filled with anger to the point of senseless violence.
Hi Douchette, since I don't do total gutter level IDIOT ignorant'o'cracy- have a nice day..."sweety, honey, babykins".
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125928 Mar 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I cannot get over how anti american your statement is. And how stupid you earlier claim of them being anti american.
Just what is anti american about protesting religion in Government?
Violence against peaceful and legal protest is anti american.
You clearly know nothing of America's most sacred rights.
Au Contraire-

est Freedom OF, OF, OF religion-not from it.

Which should NOT be confused with any twisted and.or WAYYY so distorted "right " to harass, torment, bully OR harm others in ANY PSYCHOTIC way, shape, form or fashion.

Because THAT kind of stuff just ISN'T anywhere NEAR "right"...no matter the race, creed ( or lack thereof) OR color.

Douchette.
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#125929 Mar 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Science saved my soul........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =VrE-VxP6e9QXX
The freethinkers will love this.
The believers will hate it
Oh no..... Not at all!
The Heaven declare His Glory, and
I'll bet you even think God couldn't hold a cardboard box
filled with 2 of every kind of animal together in a storm!
Silly Atheist!
Seek God.... you'll be glad you did!

Nottingham, UK

#125930 Mar 10, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks to goodness every day-obammer AINT gawd!!!
Yee-har!
Thanks for such an incisive, measured and level-headed post.

Clearly you've taken the time to think through your response. So much so that it answers my post particularly well and there's no way that anyone can even think that you're posting a non sequitur.

Keep up the good work.

Nottingham, UK

#125931 Mar 10, 2014
Ye of lil Understanding wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no..... Not at all!
The Heaven declare His Glory, and
I'll bet you even think God couldn't hold a cardboard box
filled with 2 of every kind of animal together in a storm!
Silly Atheist!
Seek God.... you'll be glad you did!
Which god?

You really need to be specific about which of the many deities you want me to seek out.

You'd also better tell me where his hiding place is.
Ye of lil Understanding

Georgetown, KY

#125932 Mar 10, 2014
Here's a lil something for silly Atheists that
think Christianity was stolen from other people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chris vandusen jurk or what (May '13) 48 min Really 9
Jackie Boles (Oct '13) 1 hr Whoever 7
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 4 hr hope 6
trosper ky history 4 hr Whoever 2
has anyone found a male fox hound with a red co... 5 hr Wondering 8
Gary Williams NO MORE FREE COFFEE 8 hr fixthis 4
Marshha Lake is a ratting 9 hr Curious 4
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match