Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 179833 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#126025 Mar 11, 2014
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Islam was the cause of it.... Not Christianity!
Our world is going to hell in a hand basket because people like you
want to kill innocent babies in the womb, and hump whatever tickles
your fancy, but you cannot do those things Knowing God is real, and
you THINK if you remove God from the equation, you can do whatever
ills you want!
You bash a Christian, and we pray for you...
You bash a Muslim, and get your head removed!
I see you said nothing when they wanted prayer rooms in schools....
Your statement is calling anyone who has an abortion, atheist. This is statistically false. So yet again you lie for Jesus.
I see it is impossible for you to tell the truth when defending your positions. Sure sign of a flawed position.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126026 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the reasons and basis for the protests that make it not only UnAmerican ,but insane.
I have clearly detailed my argument , You have not refuted the facts , you have merely employed your dishonest and discredited MO
D I C S
D eny
I gnore
C hange
S ubject
The Atheists are seeking pity for the mental condition caused by their UNBELIEF.
Your unbelief is YOUR problem , which YOU Atheists inflicted upon yourselves and arte now paying the consequences for your irrational behaviour.
Stak Rosch detailed the problems you Atheists face in the article he authored.
He stated that Atheists would deny these problems existed.
Studies prove otherwise AND NOW Atheists have confirmed their mental instability by claiming that the Cross found in the wreckage of 9/11 is causing them inter alia to be afflicted by dyspepsia , headaches , anxiety mental anguish among other physical and mental issues.
That is a confession,written by Atheists , of the physical and mental issues their Unbelief is causing them.
They are the only ones to have made the claims that they are afflicted.
No one else ,group ,faith or individual has made claims that they are so afflicted.
It is obvious that the cause of all those ailments is your unbelief , which you freely chose.
You Atheists got yourselves into a huge problem which you choose to ignore and are now
whining because you are quite unable to deal with the consequences of your irrational behaviour.
The Cross will be displayed, the many that died on that site on that tragic day, there memories will be honored . They are an integral part of American history.
That Cross ,which is an integral part of the towers that were destroyed , will be displayed in the Museum as part of the desire of the overwhelming majority of the American people.
That Cross is part of American History in spite of the weeping and gnashing of teeth that it may create among Atheist ranks . IT WILLBE DISPLAYEd in honor of those who died there.
A historical symbol to a historic and tragic event.
interestingly ,atheists are not complaining that this tragic event caused them anguish and pain and it did to the overwhelming majority of the world...
The subject I am talking about is you calling these protests "un-American". And being your usual hypocritical self, you have done nothing but divert from explaining how it is un-American.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126027 Mar 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gospels are identical. There is a 3 year question relating back to the ordered murder of every newborn. Jesus was taken to Egypt per the Magi's warning
Forget about it pal, I have methodically studied the Bible for years
But sadly you have not studied real history. No order of every newborn was as claimed by your fake history book.
The period of time in question has extensive documentation. Yet all the outrageous claims of the bible are devoid of being spoken of in the historical record. Many of them are in direct contradiction of the historical record. This has been shown to you several times and you divert every time. I see diversion is needed for your delusion of a perfect bible.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#126028 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Again , you try to protect your cowardice with irrational and immoral behaviour.
I don't hasve temper tantrums as you , Pre Kand the other Atheists so easily succumb to.
And yes, you are anguished , though you deny it.
You all want to continue flinging insults and disparaging remarks and demand no retribution
for your scurrilous remarks.
Well, that MO does not work anymore .It has become inoperative as far as I am concerned.
You can post excuses as to why you are entitled to harass, display your lack of morality and contemptuous behaviour toward my faith without fear of a response, to your hearts content.
However , if that is the game you all want to play ,we will all play by the same rules, not just the ones that you want to play by, in order to defend your nothingness Faith.
if you don't like to play in an even field, you'd better go play somewhere else.
You do not dictate to me what the rules are , I decide that for myself.
Now, go fight with someone that won't hit back so you can decclare yourself the winner.
And no , I am not angry , I am telling you and your friends like it is, not like you want it to be..........
So if I charge you as being angry, it is just false, but you charge me with being anguished?
If you could only show me DEMANDING you not have retribution? You lie again for Jesus. I am simply pointing out your hypocrisy, and you keep failing to show me as incorrect. All your arguments are diversions.
I fully expect you to fight back. But the way you do it defies what Jesus taught. You have yet to refute this claim.
You may believe in Jesus, but you do not follow him.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126029 Mar 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow you missed the answer that they're actually giving: that the cross's inclusion in a government museum is a promotion of Christianity and an exclusion of non-Christians.
So, it boils down to 1 answer.
1) You're lying.
As usual , you try to distort the facts in a futile attempt to defend your faith.
The Cross will be placed in the museum for the simple and truthful reason that IT IS an inherent part of the history of the events that took place there.
The Atheists are using that type of an excuse in order to lie in defense of their faith.
If you to most museums you will find religious articles are included for public viewing.
Americans and people in general DO Not go to a museum to worship not are they in the business of promoting religion.
The Cross will be placed at the museum in spite of the deceitful tactics of American Atheists.
Like I have stated before, the only group that has been afflicted by the maladies mentioned in their lawsuit by the Atheists, is the Atheists.
Lying in defense of your faith will not alter the ultimate results ,,,Spo get used to it.
The Cross will be displayed.
Those who will claim that the Cross causes them anxiety,headaches ,mental pain and other maladies , because of their unbelief , need to reevaluate the basis for their faith and determine why ,If Atheism is supposed to lead them to a happier life ,they are being afflicted by these unwelcome mental and physical maladies?

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#126030 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have any problems , nor will I manufacture a fictitious one ,in order to defend my FAITH.
That is not the case with the American Atheists ORG. They are trying to manufacture a problem where none exists , All in an attempt to defend ,by lying , their groudless beliefs.
If an article was found in the wreckage at ground zero that pertained to another Faith, I would have no problem with it becoming part of the Museum. The Museum , in spite of the lying allegations of Atheists , is not , nor will it be, aplace of worship.
It is there to honor the memories of those who died and should be respected as such.
Filing frivolous and deceptive lawsuits dishonors those who died there and you know it but can not admit it. D I C S MO will not work
The Cross will be part of the Museum by choice of conscientious Americans , regardless of their Faith.....
Tell me how Christians are so afraid of a kid's book and film that promotes friendship and working together. Tell me how they protest to try and get them banned.

Tell me about your Christian leader Fred Phelps.

Tell me how Christians picket funerals of American servicemen and gloat over their deaths.

Cambridge, UK

#126031 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I told you before D I C S MO does not work
You can D eny I gnore Change Subject .. Reality speaks for itself.
Your Mo is going to lead you into some precarious situation
You may end up on Suicide Watch or risk becoming a permanent resident in a mental institution..........
I imagine that ,due to your having mentally accepted the voodoo beliefs associated with the Dracula Virus ,you go into convulsions when you see a Cross ,garlic has an adverse effect on your psyche , you dare not go out when the sun is shining and feel very comfortabe slleping in a coffin....
I can't even imagine what the impact of a sharp stake and a hammer does to you...
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Your opinion on this is irrelevant.

Your assertions lack evidence which makes it oh-so-easy for me to dismiss them without evidence.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#126032 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual , you try to distort the facts in a futile attempt to defend your faith.
The Cross will be placed in the museum for the simple and truthful reason that IT IS an inherent part of the history of the events that took place there.
Please. It's not an inherent part of the events at all. The object in question wasn't even part of the events - Christians altered the beams to create a Christian cross, a purely religious action.
Suoiruc wrote:
The Atheists are using that type of an excuse in order to lie in defense of their faith.
This issue has nothing to do with faith or lack thereof. This issue is about Church-State Separation.

You literally don't even know what issue you're discussing.
Suoiruc wrote:
If you to most museums you will find religious articles are included for public viewing.
Americans and people in general DO Not go to a museum to worship not are they in the business of promoting religion.
Religious articles in museum typically have historical or artistic value. This cross has neither - it's a religious monument.

Cambridge, UK

#126033 Mar 11, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
"Can it be by accident that all birds beasts & men have their right side & left side alike shaped (except in their bowells) & just two eyes & no more on either side the face & just two ears on either side the head & a nose with two holes & no more between the eyes & one mouth under the nose & either two fore leggs or two wings or two arms on the sholders & two leggs on the hipps one on either side & no more? Whence arises this uniformity in all their outward shapes but from the counsel & contrivance of an Author? Whence is it that the eyes of all sorts of living creatures are transparent to the very bottom & the only transparent members in the body, having on the outside an hard transparent skin, & within transparent juyces with a crystalline Lens in the middle & a pupil before the Lens all of them so truly shaped & fitted for vision, that no Artist can mend them? Did blind chance know that there was light & what was its refraction & fit the eys of all creatures after the most curious manner to make use of it? These & such like considerations always have & ever will prevail with man kind to believe that there is a being who made all things & has all things in his power & who is therfore to be feared."
Sir Issac Newton
We've moved on since the 17th century
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126034 Mar 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure what lying or being in delusion has to do with being un-American?
I see you are up to your usual MO, diversion.
You made a strong charge and cannot back it up with logic or reason.
I await your apology for being wrong and bearing false witness.
One does not apologize for provising the more than necessary evidence to validate their claim.
the fact that your unbelief does not allow said facts to compute is your problem.
However, your admission that American Atheists are delusional or lying ,which you did not dispute , serves to confirm many of my charges.
You can,as is your habit, continue to attempt to deceive......
D I C S
D eny
I gnore
C hange
S ubject
I do not request an apology from you ,it is not needed or required Your responses or lack thereof , clearly speak for themselves

Cambridge, UK

#126035 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
THE BOTTOM LINE on the origin of life
- During all recorded human history, there has never been a substantiated case of a living thing being produced from anything other than another living thing.
- As yet, evolutionism has not produced a scientifically credible explanation for the origin of such immense complexities as DNA, the human brain, and many elements of the cosmos.
- It is highly premature for materialists to claim that all living things evolved into existence, when science has yet to discover how even one protein molecule could actually have come into existence by natural processes.
- there is no scientific proof that life did (or ever could) evolve into existence from non-living matter. Further, there is substantial evidence that spontaneous generation is impossible. Only DNA is known to produce DNA. No chemical interaction of molecules has even come close to producing this ultra-complex code which is so essential to all known life.
Like we're going to listen to a guy who believes in talking snakes and donkeys.

Cambridge, UK

#126036 Mar 11, 2014
You bash a Christian, and we pray for you...
You bash a Muslim, and get your head removed!
Islam is at the stage Christianity was once at.

There was a time when if you bashed a Christian they would burn you at the stake.

Fortunately, secular laws have meant you no longer get to kill non-believers and heretics.

Cambridge, UK

#126037 Mar 11, 2014
<quoted text>God set up a system of Justice, and Judgment....
(He had to.... it was called the FALL)
He had to?

You mean his hand was forced?

And there was me thinking he was omnipotent.

Sorry, my mistake.

Cambridge, UK

#126038 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
As expexted ,You are still in denial and believe that The irrational , erratic and UnAmerican behaviour of American Atheists Org. membership is merely silly.
That their behaviour is UnAmerican is clear as can be.
Let us put that aside and talk about their faith.
The Atheists claim that the idea that the Cross will be placed at the museum is causing them
interalia ,dyspepsia, headaches ,anxiety,mental anguish and pain.
And you label these as " a lot of silly things"
No, those are not just silly things , those are clear signs of mental madness based on their delusional state of mind caused by their unbelief.
You can defend their behaviour in your futile attempts to defend your faith. The facts clearly indicate the defense you are putting up is baseless and only an attempt to excuse their neurotic behaviour due to their Unbelief
Those ailments and maladies are some of the selfsame that Stak Rosch identified as afflicting those who deconvert,which,as he claimed, Atheists do not want to admit.
That is not propaganda and the basis for the lawsuit filed by Atheists clearly points to those FACTS.
We Christians believe in The Power of The Cross.
Those that were working feverishly to rescue those trapped in the ruble have stated that the Cross renewed their spirits and renewed their strength in order to continue their work.
That is the Positive power of the Cross.
On the other hand,The Power of the Cross was demonstrated by causing the Unbelievers to be afflicted by physical and mental maladies, to which they readily admit
Thereby confirming the effect that the Cross has on those who Believe and those who refuse to believe.
Those are the Facts of the matter ,NOT propaganda as you claim,in order to avoid facing the truth
Pity the power of the cross didn't stop all those people from dying in the first place.

Cambridge, UK

#126039 Mar 11, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow you missed the answer that they're actually giving: that the cross's inclusion in a government museum is a promotion of Christianity and an exclusion of non-Christians.
So, it boils down to 1 answer.
1) You're lying.
He loves to lie

Which means he'll be heading into that lake of fire.

Cambridge, UK

#126040 Mar 11, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Why put my question aside? I guess because my question shows calling these people "un-American" is not valid.
I am not defending their behavior, I am defending their rights as Americans. Why lie about what I do?
You and other theists here such as Sista are calling these actions, "un-American" and that is strong charge you cannot support with logic, reason, or evidence of any sort at all. It is a dumb thing to say, and it shows you have no idea what America is actually about.
You're right. They seem to think that demonstration and rebellion are un-American.

Good job the colonists didn't feel like that.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126041 Mar 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Pity the power of the cross didn't stop all those people from dying in the first place.
It is a pity that Atheists refuse to listen to the advice of one of their leaders who warned them of the many maladies that confront those who deconvert.
According to American Atheists Org. their unbelief is causing them to be afflicted by dyspepsia,headaches,anxiety and much mental anguish among other maladies.
That is a far cry from what they preach to unsuspecting victims when they attempt to deconvert them.
They preach freedom and a happier life These unsuspecting victims are deceived into believing this nonsense that,in reality , leads to untold and disastrous maladies and consequences , as you well know.
The Atheist faith exacts much human misery from it's folowers and there are some,whom in their ignorance are unsuspectingly willing to pay that price As you well know

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#126042 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
According to American Atheists Org. their unbelief is causing them to be afflicted by dyspepsia,headaches,anxiety and much mental anguish among other maladies.
They said nothing of the sort. You are lying.
Suoiruc wrote:
The Atheist faith exacts much human misery from it's folowers and there are some,whom in their ignorance are unsuspectingly willing to pay that price As you well know
Atheists have lower rates of depression and less severe depression.

Cambridge, UK

#126043 Mar 11, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a pity that Atheists refuse to listen to the advice of one of their leaders who warned them of the many maladies that confront those who deconvert.
That is a far cry from what they preach to unsuspecting victims when they attempt to deconvert them.
They preach freedom and a happier life These unsuspecting victims are deceived into believing this nonsense that,in reality , leads to untold and disastrous maladies and consequences , as you well know.
Shouldn't you be attending funerals of American servicemen and gloating over their deaths?

That's what Christians do.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#126044 Mar 11, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. They seem to think that demonstration and rebellion are un-American.
Good job the colonists didn't feel like that.
Comparing the behaviour and actions of the Colonials to the deceitful tactics used by American Atheists is like comparing a gold mine to the conyents of a latrine.
The Colonials did not base their demonstrations and rebellion on deceit.
They had a just and honorable cause for their actions against the corrupt and greedy British
Crown. Americans rebelled against your ancestors for what you yourself are claiming were legitimate reasons.
The American Atheists org has concocted a deceitful plan in order to justify their faith.
The Cross is an inherent part of the history vsurrounding 9/11. and that is the reason it is and will continue to be displayed at the museum.
That it causes Atheists Chagrin ,dismay and many mental and physical afflictions due to their unbelief is the price that Atheists have to pay for their groundless faith.
If you can't bare the cost , then you need to reevaluate the basis for your faith.
You should have given some serious thought to that problem before you were talked into deconverting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can people really take Shamanic Journey's? 29 min The Specialist 10
Rebecca's cat. 33 min The Specialist 4
Word game (Dec '10) 37 min The Specialist 275
Free phone location for Thursday 52 min The Specialist 12
John's women 1 hr Amber 13
law at the hospital 1 hr Funny 7
Crave Booth 1 hr Notademocrat 11

Barbourville Jobs

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages