Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 159484 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#125965 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
I provided you with the evidenve that you so much dread ,
You did no such thing.

I did ask but here is the response you gave me....
Suoiruc wrote:
The Statistics you ask for are not available ,as no study of such has been conducted.
Get it, oh enlightened one?

You have no evidence and neither is an opinion evidence.

Now, I asked you what you would do if you had the power that you claim your god has.

You couldn't even come up with an answer to that.

You talk about truth but the only truth is how clueless you are.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125966 Mar 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Islam also had a historical narrative in 9/11. Maybe we should erect their flag at the site?
Religion was the cause of 9/11, not the solution. Clearly you learned no lesson from 9/11.
You are quite irrational in your thinking.
The monument at Peal Harbor, a day that lives in infamy, does not contain any relics that are identified with the perpetrators of that ignoble act.The flag of Japan does not fly over that monument . The Japanese contributions to that event were negative and inhumane
The same can be said for the negative and immoral actions that led to 9/11 by Muslim terrorists.
The cross found at ground zero was an INSPIRATION to those volunteers and workers who
were there ,trying to save lives.
The Cross is part of that historical event that encouraged those there to continue their incessant attempts to save lives. The Cross had a significant positive effect on the situation
Pictures of that Cross were transmitted all over the world.
The only group which has been adversely affected by said Cross are Atheists.
They are complaining about anxiety,headaches ,mental anguish and other mental and physical maladies.
Only an idiot or an Atheist would suggest that a Muslin flag should be flown at that site.
The Cross will be displayed at the 9/11 museum , The American people and the courts will see to that , much to the chagrin and dismay of those UnAmericans , whom because of their unbelief , are suffering from anxiety and other maladies.
Interestingly enough, the overwhelming majority of Americans and people throughout the world experienced pain and anguish over the actions of these terrorists which caused so much suffering and loss of innocent human lives.
On the other hand, in their lawsuit, Atheists are claiming to be suffering from anxiety , and other physical nad mental maladies , not because of the atrocious acts of the terrorists,but instead, because of a CROSS.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#125967 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
The cross found at ground zero was an INSPIRATION to those volunteers and workers who
were there ,trying to save lives.
Christians are free to take the cross they personally find inspiration from and set it up in their own private 9/11 memorial.

They are not free to use government funds to promote their personal religious belief.

Cambridge, UK

#125968 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
The monument at Peal Harbor, a day that lives in infamy, does not contain any relics that are identified with the perpetrators of that ignoble act.The flag of Japan does not fly over that monument . The Japanese contributions to that event were negative and inhumane
The same can be said for the negative and immoral actions that led to 9/11 by Muslim terrorists.
So you've got a problem with the Islamic symbol being on show because you see it as representative of the perpetrators.

This means you have no problem with other religions that weren't linked to the atrocity.

If the Hindus want to put a symbol up there I trust they'll have your full support.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125969 Mar 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Now to note your double standard. When an atheist shows the slightest bit of anger, you access is due to a mental problem caused by atheism. But when you blow up like a raving lunatic, it is because we are bullies.
I am simply amazed at how you guys show hypocrisy and double standards every single day, and usually more than once a day. Darn near seems like you do it with every post.
I can only logically conclude it is a problem of religion.
The double standard that you erroneously claim believers have,is the excuse that Atheists use in order to in sult our beliefs , hoping that your insults and misguided opinions will remain unaddressed,
let us not forget that Jesus,when the unbelievers of his day, made false claims against him , He responded.
If you think that by misstating the teachings of Christ and intentionally and erroneously labeling us as hypocrites you will be spared the anguish and pain that our comments cause you,,,,,,,,,,You are wrong.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time..........
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125970 Mar 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
I certainly will.
A day unsullied by prayer, superstition and ju-ju.
In the meanwhile , a legion of Atheists have filed a lawsuit , because a Cross found at ground zero is causing them much physical and emotional distress.
Their unbalanced mental condition has led them to imagine into existence what I call the Dracula Virus , fear of the Cross..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS

Cambridge, UK

#125971 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
In the meanwhile , a legion of Atheists have filed a lawsuit , because a Cross found at ground zero is causing them much physical and emotional distress.
Their unbalanced mental condition has led them to imagine into existence what I call the Dracula Virus , fear of the Cross..........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSS
The very fact that this is going to court shows clearly that America is going the right way and moving away from Christianity. In other words, you and your outdated and primitive religion are losing out big time to secularism.

While christians lie and cheat to get their book into the the best sellers.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/10/seattle...

Another christian kills her baby in the name of Jesus

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/10/tenness...

While other christians gloat at the deaths of American soldiers.

Cambridge, UK

#125972 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
If you think that by misstating the teachings of Christ
Tell us about those teachings of Christ.

Why don't you tell us what laws Jesus gave us. After all, one of your fellow fundies did describe Jesus as the lawgiver. However, when challenged, he was unable to say what those laws are. How very like you.

Tell us how Jesus said that the old laws are still in force,

Then tell us how you don't obey them

Which would make you the least in heaven.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125973 Mar 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
You did no such thing.
I did ask but here is the response you gave me....
<quoted text>
Get it, oh enlightened one?
You have no evidence and neither is an opinion evidence.
Now, I asked you what you would do if you had the power that you claim your god has.
You couldn't even come up with an answer to that.
You talk about truth but the only truth is how clueless you are.
Stak Rosch , as you well know , wrote an article regarding the maladies that affect Atheists.
He is an Atheist leader and well versed on that issue,based on his credentials, which I have posted.
As he said, atheists will not admit to the problems he addressed in his paper.
The Atheists on this thred have validated the truth of that statement with their litany of excuses.
I have posted studies that identify the problems that afflict those of your faith
Those studies have been followed by another litany of excuses in order to attempt to invalidate such
The marine Corps study that points to the problems confronted by atheists re; suicide.
Anther litany of excuses , but an unwillingness to request the facts on which said study was based....Denying the validity of the facts without knowing the facts is clearly an attempt not to get at the truth.
The nail in the coffin was provided by the American Atheists Org and their lawsuit .,which you claimed you were totally unfamiliar with.
And you lied , you are very familiar with the contents of said lawsuit , I posted it , you read it aND RESPONDED TO IT.
What does the lawsuit filed by the Atheists state , That ,as result of the cross found at ground zero , which is intended to be part of the Museum at ground zero , the Plaintiffs , meaning the members of American Atheists,are suffering from dyspepsia , anxiety , head aches pain and mental anguish.
Interestingly , the people of the World felt pain and mental anguish at the horrible events that occured on 9/11 . The loss of life ,the suffering and pain that it caused to countless families was shared world wide by caring human beings.
The atheists are concerned with the anguish , anxiety , headaches and pain caused them by their unbelief and claim that said Cross is the cause.
However , This anguish ,pain , anxiety and other maladies is only affecting Atheists , due to their unbelief.is
Now , you can keep insisting on using your MO DICS
Deny,,,Ignoe,,,,,Change ,,,Subject..........
That is the same MO used by those who have drug and alcohol problems , which only compouds their problems further..........

Cambridge, UK

#125974 Mar 10, 2014
By the way, curious.

You never answered the question.

You can try again here....
Khatru wrote:
Now then Curious.
Tell us why you would do nothing to save the life of a little girl who you knew was going to be raped and killed.

Then please explain why you would allow thousands of children and babies to die when you have the power to stop it.

Cambridge, UK

#125976 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Stak Rosch , as you well know , wrote an article regarding the maladies that affect Atheists.
He is an Atheist leader and well versed on that issue,based on his credentials, which I have posted.
As he said, atheists will not admit to the problems he addressed in his paper.
The Atheists on this thred have validated the truth of that statement with their litany of excuses.
I have posted studies that identify the problems that afflict those of your faith
Those studies have been followed by another litany of excuses in order to attempt to invalidate such
The marine Corps study that points to the problems confronted by atheists re; suicide.
Anther litany of excuses , but an unwillingness to request the facts on which said study was based....Denying the validity of the facts without knowing the facts is clearly an attempt not to get at the truth.
The nail in the coffin was provided by the American Atheists Org and their lawsuit .,which you claimed you were totally unfamiliar with.
And you lied , you are very familiar with the contents of said lawsuit , I posted it , you read it aND RESPONDED TO IT.
What does the lawsuit filed by the Atheists state , That ,as result of the cross found at ground zero , which is intended to be part of the Museum at ground zero , the Plaintiffs , meaning the members of American Atheists,are suffering from dyspepsia , anxiety , head aches pain and mental anguish.
Interestingly , the people of the World felt pain and mental anguish at the horrible events that occured on 9/11 . The loss of life ,the suffering and pain that it caused to countless families was shared world wide by caring human beings.
The atheists are concerned with the anguish , anxiety , headaches and pain caused them by their unbelief and claim that said Cross is the cause.
However , This anguish ,pain , anxiety and other maladies is only affecting Atheists , due to their unbelief.is
Now , you can keep insisting on using your MO DICS
Deny,,,Ignoe,,,,,Change ,,,Subject..........
That is the same MO used by those who have drug and alcohol problems , which only compouds their problems further..........
Yet you have no evidence

By your own words you have no statistics whatsoever.

You're making this up as you go along.

Lies for Jesus

You really shouldn't, you know how your lies make the little baby Jesus cry.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125978 Mar 10, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians are free to take the cross they personally find inspiration from and set it up in their own private 9/11 memorial.
They are not free to use government funds to promote their personal religious belief.
That cross will be placed at the Museum that is constructed in order to honor those who died there ,not to honor Christianity.
Many people from different faiths will come to pay their respects.
If Atheists are going to go into convulsion by visiting said museum , they are free not to dishonor the Museum and those it seeks to honor , with their presence.
Since neither Jews ,Muslims , Hindus or any other Faith group has lodged any lawsuits opposing the Cross , Iam quite certain that they will be in attendance in massive numbers.
Instead of visiting the Museum , you may be better off visiting the corner drugstore and filling up on Prozac , pepto Bismol and Aleve..........And that won't help you.
There is only one cure for those afflicted by Unbelief

Location hidden

#125979 Mar 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are made up dates. The Bible does not give an exact date of Christ's birth. We do know that it was during King Herod's reign which is in both eye witness Gospels.
Herod died in 4 BC, so according to Matthew, Jesus' birth has to be <= BC.

Luke places Jesus' birth during a census under Quirinius. Quirinius was not appointed governor of Judea until 6 AD.

The contradiction stands. Either Matthew is wrong is Luke is wrong. Or both are wrong. Take your pick.

Location hidden

#125980 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
That cross will be placed at the Museum that is constructed in order to honor those who died there ,not to honor Christianity.
Please. This is shameless promotion of Christianity.

Location hidden

#125981 Mar 10, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Newton rejected God then came back after his challenge to disprove something in the Bible.
Source for this little tale? Sounds like a chain email your grandma got.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125982 Mar 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've got a problem with the Islamic symbol being on show because you see it as representative of the perpetrators.
This means you have no problem with other religions that weren't linked to the atrocity.
If the Hindus want to put a symbol up there I trust they'll have your full support.
I don't have any problems , nor will I manufacture a fictitious one ,in order to defend my FAITH.
That is not the case with the American Atheists ORG. They are trying to manufacture a problem where none exists , All in an attempt to defend ,by lying , their groudless beliefs.
If an article was found in the wreckage at ground zero that pertained to another Faith, I would have no problem with it becoming part of the Museum. The Museum , in spite of the lying allegations of Atheists , is not , nor will it be, aplace of worship.
It is there to honor the memories of those who died and should be respected as such.
Filing frivolous and deceptive lawsuits dishonors those who died there and you know it but can not admit it. D I C S MO will not work
The Cross will be part of the Museum by choice of conscientious Americans , regardless of their Faith.....

Cambridge, UK

#125983 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
So the symbol is irrelevant?

As a christian you'd be OK if your death was honoured by the SIkh sigil
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125984 Mar 10, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you have no evidence
By your own words you have no statistics whatsoever.
You're making this up as you go along.
Lies for Jesus
You really shouldn't, you know how your lies make the little baby Jesus cry.
Like I told you before D I C S MO does not work
You can D eny I gnore Change Subject .. Reality speaks for itself.

Your Mo is going to lead you into some precarious situation
You may end up on Suicide Watch or risk becoming a permanent resident in a mental institution..........
I imagine that ,due to your having mentally accepted the voodoo beliefs associated with the Dracula Virus ,you go into convulsions when you see a Cross ,garlic has an adverse effect on your psyche , you dare not go out when the sun is shining and feel very comfortabe slleping in a coffin....
I can't even imagine what the impact of a sharp stake and a hammer does to you...
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125985 Mar 10, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. This is shameless promotion of Christianity.
No,it is the Will of decent Americans , which is comprised of an overwhelming Majority.
Apparently Atheists and their immoral code find this unacceptable Too Bad
The Cross stays , the people have spoken and are not complaining.
As I said before , those who disagree need not dishonor the memory of those who died with their presence.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#125986 Mar 10, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
The double standard that you erroneously claim believers have,is the excuse that Atheists use in order to in sult our beliefs , hoping that your insults and misguided opinions will remain unaddressed,
let us not forget that Jesus,when the unbelievers of his day, made false claims against him , He responded.
If you think that by misstating the teachings of Christ and intentionally and erroneously labeling us as hypocrites you will be spared the anguish and pain that our comments cause you,,,,,,,,,,You are wrong.
Don't do the crime if you can't do the time..........
So now you compare your name calling temper tantrum to Jesus calling someone out?
You show why religion fails. You have no moral compass. You follow some ideology that fits your ever changing mood swings.

And again, I am not anguished liar, I am simply pointing out your laughable hypocrisy.
You see there is a difference between calling someone out and how you act. Of course I can see you never feel ashamed of you actions. News flash, you are not perfect.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Artemus Bridge 1 hr nice 9
Heidrick 1 hr Fox 19
Alvin Hubbard 2 hr info 8
Update about Wilderness Rec Area... 2 hr Quantummist 1
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 2 hr Greyskull 75
Maxine Patterson, Becky Grubb 3 hr Quantummist 1
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 3 hr -Glinda- 1,476
New business 10 hr Henny Penny 8
Body Found Mon mike 3

Barbourville Jobs