Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
119,561 - 119,580 of 130,451 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125336
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Things have gone uphill since WW2, haven't they? There hasn't be any war even remotely on that scale.
According to the religies, Christians are being persecuted on an epic scale and the world has been going to sht ever since the enlightenment - when Voltaire invented electricity and Pasteur discovered the milk carton. If God hadn't written the constitution in 1776, who knows where we'd be?:-/
Dr Gizmo

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125337
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is all? Can you give examples of your claim? Or just being a jackass.
All: The entire group of your 'space ship'.. I have an M A In Bible theology, and no I'm not being a Jackass!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125338
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Lincoln was a Republican/Unionist...wanna be hiroty rewriter wanker worm.
But thank you for being a shining example of why whatever created human kind decided to put a brain in the head on the shoulders of SOME anyway (even if a large proportion of the same would indicate LACKING off.)..because it mutta got pretty boring looking down talking to blind,deaf and duhm all duh time...
Those things whooshing over your head are not birds and airplanes - though they might (also) be flies.
Yes, Lincoln was a Republican and he was the President of the Union (AKA United States). He also proposed and enacted changes in government that right wingers would, did and do loathe.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125339
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the religies, Christians are being persecuted on an epic scale and the world has been going to sht ever since the enlightenment - when Voltaire invented electricity and Pasteur discovered the milk carton. If God hadn't written the constitution in 1776, who knows where we'd be?:-/
Mindlessly Shining Hillary's and Beyounces shoes no doubt.

Wankers.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125340
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Those things whooshing over your head are not birds and airplanes - though they might (also) be flies.
Yes, Lincoln was a Republican and he was the President of the Union (AKA United States). He also proposed and enacted changes in government that right wingers would, did and do loathe.
Well thank youuuuuuuuu for that...now, have you figured out he difference between a Lincolnite and a Jeffersonite yet?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125341
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text> All: The entire group of your 'space ship'.. I have an M A In Bible theology, and no I'm not being a Jackass!
The first thing I have to ask is who do you think is wrong about what and why?
The second thing I have to ask is >why on Earth< anyone would waste the class time and good money on an MA in Bible Theology?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125342
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank youuuuuuuuu for that...now, have you figured out he difference between a Lincolnite and a Jeffersonite yet?
Yes. I'm not interested in your distract, avoid, divert nonsense today. Lincoln was a liberal by many Red State/YaA "standards." Allow me to put in syntax you understand.
Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuur irrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrelevance is DUUUUUUHly noted.

Have you figured out the difference between a uterus and a bladder, yet?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125343
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mindlessly Shining Hillary's and Beyounces shoes no doubt.
Wankers.
I'm sure you'd rather be licking Hannity's and Boehner's boots, instead.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125344
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text> All: The entire group of your 'space ship'.. I have an M A In Bible theology, and no I'm not being a Jackass!
Maybe you can settle some of these arguments. Does the bible predict the date of the apocalypse or was Jesus collect when he said that nobody knows when the “End” will occur?

Is the bible meant to be taken literally?

Is there only one "correct" interpretation of the bible?

Which religion is the true Christian religion?

Are all non-Christians doomed to suffer eternal damnation?
Dr Gizmo

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125345
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can settle some of these arguments. Does the bible predict the date of the apocalypse or was Jesus collect when he said that nobody knows when the “End” will occur?
Is the bible meant to be taken literally?
Is there only one "correct" interpretation of the bible?
Which religion is the true Christian religion?
Are all non-Christians doomed to suffer eternal damnation?
I believe the Bible is the true word of God! In Matthew 6 the Bible says "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you". I will not argue it's content with anyone.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125346
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the Bible is the true word of God! In Matthew 6 the Bible says "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you". I will not argue it's content with anyone.
That was talking about the Gentiles so when the NT was accepted that no long applied. Bible says their is no distinction between Jew or Gentile. A true christian would share the truth and; if not you will be found guilty of blood guilt and subject to everlasting torment. Your own claim of some divinity degree is worthless bragging and nothing to say except using an escape clause in the bible that does not impress anyone except liars for Jesus .

Your comments are then worthless prattle. Others have used that same clause to call us dogs and then turn around and debate with us as if they did not believe it themselves, LOL.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125347
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

2

1

Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the Bible is the true word of God! In Matthew 6 the Bible says "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you". I will not argue it's content with anyone.
I'm not looking for an argument, I'm looking for clarification. You believe what you believe. I was a Christian for over 50 years. I have recently come to doubt the faith I was raised in. There are too many questions that haven't been answered for me. I finally got tired of being ridiculed for questioning my faith. I was told that a true believer doesn't need to "know", only needs to trust the bible. When I couldn't find the answers I needed in the bible I stopped believing in it. Take my questions as a challenge. Maybe you can win me back. It won't be easy but I'm willing to hear you out.
Dr Gizmo

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125348
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Romans 3:23 Tell us "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.".. We all have sin in our hearts. We all were born with sin.
We were born under the power of sin's control. If you truly are a Christian you know this. If not , then admitt that you are a sinner..
Romans 6:For the wages of sin is death... Sin has an ending. It results in death. We all face physical death, which is a result of sin. But a worse thing is dying with our without repenting of those sins, that alienates us from God, and will last for all eternity.
Romans 6.but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Salvation is a free gift from God to you! something you can not You can't earn, it's something you must receive by asking God for forgiveness. Romans 5 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." When Jesus died on the cross He paid for our. He paid the price for all sin, and when He took all the sins of the world on Himself on the cross, He bought us out of slavery.! The only condition is that we believe in Him. He did all this because He loved us.. His love poured out in Jesus on the cross is your only hope to have forgiveness and change. His love is what saves you -- not religion, or church membership. God loves you! Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:9,10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." IIf you are really seeking God, ask him, ask Him to come into your heart. Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."Ask Him to come in to your heart by faith, and ask Him to reveal Himself to you...Read the Book of John and what God says about Jesus, about you, and about being born again. God loves you. Then get into a local church where God's word is preached. The Bible says that we are to desire God's word like a newborn baby desires mother's milk. Your local Pastor will guide through steps as you grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord. God Bless

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125349
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

Dr Gizmo wrote:
Romans 3:23 Tell us "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.".. We all have sin in our hearts. We all were born with sin.
We were born under the power of sin's control. If you truly are a Christian you know this. If not , then admitt that you are a sinner..
Romans 6:For the wages of sin is death... Sin has an ending. It results in death. We all face physical death, which is a result of sin. But a worse thing is dying with our without repenting of those sins, that alienates us from God, and will last for all eternity.
Romans 6.but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Salvation is a free gift from God to you! something you can not You can't earn, it's something you must receive by asking God for forgiveness. Romans 5 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." When Jesus died on the cross He paid for our. He paid the price for all sin, and when He took all the sins of the world on Himself on the cross, He bought us out of slavery.! The only condition is that we believe in Him. He did all this because He loved us.. His love poured out in Jesus on the cross is your only hope to have forgiveness and change. His love is what saves you -- not religion, or church membership. God loves you! Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:9,10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." IIf you are really seeking God, ask him, ask Him to come into your heart. Jesus said, "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."Ask Him to come in to your heart by faith, and ask Him to reveal Himself to you...Read the Book of John and what God says about Jesus, about you, and about being born again. God loves you. Then get into a local church where God's word is preached. The Bible says that we are to desire God's word like a newborn baby desires mother's milk. Your local Pastor will guide through steps as you grow in the grace and knowledge of the Lord. God Bless
This didn’t answer any of my questions. It is just more of the rhetoric I have dealt with in the past.

Question: If a baby is born and dies in a country where Christianity is not practiced and is not baptized will this child suffer eternal damnation? In other words, are the sins of the parents to be suffered by the child? If so, what loving, forgiving God would do this?

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125350
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual you have no point that makes any since, dude
That explains why he declined my invitation to state his point when I asked yesterday.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125351
Feb 27, 2014
 
Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the Bible is the true word of God! In Matthew 6 the Bible says "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you". I will not argue it's content with anyone.
Which bible?

There are quite a few to choose from.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125352
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
This didn’t answer any of my questions. It is just more of the rhetoric I have dealt with in the past.
Question: If a baby is born and dies in a country where Christianity is not practiced and is not baptized will this child suffer eternal damnation? In other words, are the sins of the parents to be suffered by the child? If so, what loving, forgiving God would do this?
Are the sins of the parent suffered by the child?

I guess it depends which scripture you read.

Exodus 20:5 tells us....

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me"

However, Ezekiel 18:20 says.....

"The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him."

Looks like another of those many biblical contradictions.

Really, you'd have thought that the supreme being of our universe would have taken more care in ensuring his message gets across. Shoddy authorship.
Dr Gizmo

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125353
Feb 27, 2014
 
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Which bible?
There are quite a few to choose from.
Which bible? This is an implication that you may know your way through all of them. Do research! I'm sure you will find reference to this scripture if you will go back and read my previous post.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125354
Feb 27, 2014
 
Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text>Which bible? This is an implication that you may know your way through all of them. Do research! I'm sure you will find reference to this scripture if you will go back and read my previous post.
I'm still waiting for answers to my questions.
Dr Gizmo

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125355
Feb 27, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Post #124358 Has got your answer! Read, study and apply. If you'll do this your frustrations will cease, God bless you.. you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min You Hear 1,060
Travis slushpup 17 min Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 41 min yourmommm 1,048
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Curmudgeon 151,027
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 3 hr yep 15
union 4 hr curious 7
betty mills 4 hr town girl 1
Ambulance hit 3 people last night in Knox count... 15 hr Hey 16
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••