Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 171878 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#125860 Mar 8, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have areligion , I have a faith , that faith in God based on the teachings of Christ.
I do not believe in a vengeful ,mean and spiteful God. I do not believe such a God exists , in spite of the misguided opinions of unbelievers.
The religion you speak of is called Christianity. How is it you do not know this?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#125862 Mar 8, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Classic example of the intellect level of the IGNORANCE of some of those vile type atheist (haters)--too stupid just to walk on past what bothers them..mutt find an ambulance to chase, and harass the drivers in it as well. Like to dogs that those types are.
(Personally, I think they shoulda had bouncers ready to slap 'em across their empty heads and toss 'em out on their azzez they were whining out of.)
I cannot get over how anti american your statement is. And how stupid you earlier claim of them being anti american.
Just what is anti american about protesting religion in Government?
Violence against peaceful and legal protest is anti american.
You clearly know nothing of America's most sacred rights.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125863 Mar 8, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>i guess you are to stupid to realize how hypocritical your statement is. You cannot walk past the objections without being filled with anger to the point of senseless violence.
Duket , This is another futile attempt by Atheists to create an issue where none exists.

Atheists are the only ones whining. Neither Jews , Muslims , Hindus or anybody else is crying the blues

The ailments afflicting the Atheists, Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish can all be cured with the proper medications, Prozac , Aspirins and Pepto Bismol

Those are the same effects that the Cross has on Dracula.

You Atheists need to stop reading Bram Stoker Science Fiction and get a life

“Named plaintiffs have suffered, inter alia, Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish from the knowledge that they are made to feel officially excluded from the ranks of citizens who were directly injured by the 9/11 attack and the lack of acknowledgement of the more than 1,000 non- Christian individuals who were killed at the World Trade Center,”

But for many Americans — specifically those most impacted by the terror attack — the cross has served as a symbol of hope. There’s also the argument that the beam formation, regardless of religious connotation, is a part of the historical narrative surrounding the attack,
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125865 Mar 8, 2014
Mecha-Hitler wrote:
Which Bible??????? The Jahovah's Winess Bible, or the Catholic Bible, or the Protestant Bible ???? Couldn't they just read some good old Charlie Brown instead, it's more realistic with less graphic violence and racism than any bible
You atheists need to stop reading Bram Stoker's DRACULA.
The Cross is begining to have the same effect on you as it has on vampires
Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish
Whoda thunk it
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125866 Mar 8, 2014
The Ground Zero Cross suffers for the sins of atheists
2:57 PM 03/07/2014

David Lawrence
Author,'The King of White-Collar Boxing'
See All Articles
Subscribe to RSS
Bio

Hey, why am I reading in the New York Post about a group called American Atheists? I mean, I was born in 1947 and was an atheist by the time I was seven. I was a long-term predecessor to these ingrates.

The difference between me and the clowns at American Atheists is that I have always had respect for the religious. I feel they are more a part of the fabric of this country than I am, and that I have no right to belittle their beliefs. In fact I wish I could share in their faith. It’s not just in my genetics. Also I do not want to insult the dead of 9/11 by starting lawsuits and arguments over who has the right to do whatever.

The atheists are challenging plans to include the famous Ground Zero Cross in a display at the national memorial museum.

I don’t see how the truculent atheists think they deserve a place for a symbol of atheism. They want a plaque dedicated to nothingness. That would be like me going into the Museum of Modern Art and telling them that I deserve to hang one of my pictures next to Picasso’s in the name of some moronic idea of fairness. I can’t paint. They can’t believe. Does it matter?

Fairness? One of the favorite words of the unfair. Obama’s mantra. Communism’s plea.

Atheism. The lack of values that led to slaughters by the fascists and the communists.

Let the dead rest in peace. Don’t let the atheists degrade the holiness of the silence of 9/11 victims with their raucous courtroom antics.

It seems that atheists are constantly putting their soulless shoes in their mouths. Not only at Ground Zero but at the Oscars the atheists complained because Matthew McConaughey thanked God when he won an Oscar for the best actor as a result of his acting in “Dallas Buyer’s Club.”

McConaughey thanked God who “graced my life with opportunities that I know are not of my hand or any other humankind.”

In a normal society McConaughey would have been respected for his views. I respect him for his views and I am an atheist. However, in Brooklyn, which is my barometer of simpleminded liberalism, a number of people mocked him for being religious.

Atheism has become a dogmatic religion. Instead of criticizing and improving real religion, it has demeaned it and degraded itself.

This fits right in with the general bitchiness of atheists. They are unethical to start an argument over the Ground Zero Cross, which means so much to so many people. They are in poor taste to insult a speech at the Oscars; they are as bad as an inappropriate outfit on the red carpet.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#125867 Mar 8, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Great is my God , the I Am that I Am, Who has Life within Himself and has Granted to the Son to have Life within Himself .
It is He , who is the creator of Life as we know it
"Belief does not dictate reality."
Thanks for sharing your delusion.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125868 Mar 8, 2014
Why I am no longer much of an atheist
David Lawrence

I used to be an agnostic-atheist. Now atheists make me want to be religious.

I hate their disrespect for others' beliefs. It makes me want to embrace the Lord. But I don't. Because it's not in my genetics. At the same time, hating religion is not in my DNA, either.

But hating the disrespectful is instinctual for me. That's why I hate atheists who want to do away with Christmas. And I'm not even Christian. Atheists are doing themselves a disservice. They are alienating their own breed. I am moving out of the stable of doubt. I am embracing religions that I don't believe in just to throw it in the atheists' faces.

I'm an American. I am a Jew. I say "Merry Christmas," not "Happy Holidays." If you can't respect the predominant religion of the country you live in, then you don't know the meaning of respect.

I am tired of whiny atheists who want their own holiday. How can they be so stupid as to celebrate the absence of God? I don't believe in Him. But I celebrate other people's celebration of their God. I am missing the God gene. So what? I'm not proud of it. It is what it is. And I am not the jealous type who wants my own holiday of nothingness to be hung from an absent tree.

There's a sign in New Jersey that says "Keep Christ in Christmas." A Freedom from Religion group has posted a sign near it: "Keep Saturn in Saturnalia." What dozen kooks feel that they have the right to compete with the billions of followers of Christ?

I'm not one of those bitter people. I'm ashamed to be associated with those atheists who fail to respect a beautiful, productive, honest sentiment and religion in place of some ancient nonsense which is long dead.

You can't believe if you can't believe. I have not been called to religion, and I probably never will be. But I am not jealous or competitive with those who respect their own religions. I hate modern-day atheists, even though I am a bit of one.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#125869 Mar 8, 2014
vet wrote:
<quoted text>
that passage doesn't imply abstinence from military matters. it only expresses the obviousness that soldiers tend to get killed. some of the more prolific and important biblical figures fought for their countries, their peoples, their beliefs, and were honored by god for it. what you say makes no sense.
furthermore it is an obvious, failed and pathetic attempt not only to belittle the steadfast belief of every christian fighting man ever to defend your right to believe as wrongly as you do, but to justify your own obvious lack of service. you use a cherished faith to mask personal weakness, or mere cowardice.
your lack of knowledge and authority on both the military and the scriptures of your own religion is both vast and embarrassing. you should refrain from demonstrating your ignorance further. and you should consider searching yourself for a spine.
During WW2 So called Christians fought against Germany at the same time so called Christians in Germany fought so who was right and who was wrong? Catholics killed Catholics and Protestants killed Protestants.
If anybody ever had a right to fight it would have been the Apostle Peter when the Roman soldiers came to arrest Jesus. Or Peter thought so but that is when Peter drew his sword intending to cut the head off the Roman soldier but instead he cut off the soldiers ear that Jesus refastened the soldiers ear and told Peter put your sword away because those who live by the sword will die by the sword! As far as a spine...it takes a lot more courage to stand up for fellow Christians and refuse to kill them just because some government tells you to!
Or as one Catholic said, when asked how he justifies killing a fellow Catholic he said we kill them all and let God sort them out. Do you think that is the best policy?
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125870 Mar 8, 2014
AN ATHEIST AGAINST ATHEISM
Published: 11/25/2012 at 4:13 PM
When I was a young atheist, I enjoyed being counter-establishment. Nowadays, there are tons of atheists. They are arrogant, aggressive and un-Christian.

I wouldn’t want to be part of the current establishment of atheists. At least I was a sensitive, polite atheist. I didn’t bring down crosses or protest nativity scenes. I didn’t want to, Moses-like, throw down the Ten Commandments.

I wouldn’t make fun of Tim Tebow.

I want to rebel. I may join a convent of the religious just to spite the atheists.

David Lawrence
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125871 Mar 8, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
"Belief does not dictate reality."
Thanks for sharing your delusion.
Witchetty,Now that you been out of work since Christmas,due to there being no need for Chritmas Tree decoratore for the next 7 months , I gots a job for ya.
See if you can come up with a Witche's Brew that will cure the Draculian virus that is afflicting Atheists

The Cross is begining to have the same effect on Atheists as it has on vampires.
Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish

Needless to say, we don't want to use the same methods espoused by Bram Stoker in order to cure what ailed Dracula,
No sharp stakes or silver bullets,
Going to the beach and sitting out under the sun for a few hours may or may not be the solution.
Try to incorporate some of Dys Pepsi a in your brew or do you Atheists prefer COKE
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125872 Mar 8, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>In other words you have no rebuttal so you chant nonsense.
Great is my God , the I Am that I Am, Who has Life within Himself and has Granted to the Son to have Life within Himself .

To the FOOL, it is nonsense,to the wise ,it is soothing to the soul
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125874 Mar 8, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
You atheists need to stop reading Bram Stoker's DRACULA.
The Cross is begining to have the same effect on you as it has on vampires
Whoda thunk it
Mecha-Hitler wrote:
Which Bible??????? The Jahovah's Winess Bible, or the Catholic Bible, or the Protestant Bible ???
LOL .. Looks like the postings of Atheist activist Mecha-Hitler got destroyed by someone .
He had about 4 of them and they are now
GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Another Atheist Banned Another one bites the DUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TT

Good riddance to bad rubbish
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
They have deconverted his postings
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LOL

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#125875 Mar 8, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You disagree with Biblical truth. That is your choice but the Bible is factually and historically True weather you choose to believe or not believe. Try being honest wihen you face Truth
You're a liar

I've already proven the bible wrong

You couldn't handle it so you ran away screaming that you'd never reply to me again.

Why do you lie when you know it makes the baby Jesus cry?

Cambridge, UK

#125876 Mar 8, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
The Ground Zero Cross suffers for the sins of atheists
2:57 PM 03/07/2014
David Lawrence
Author,'The King of White-Collar Boxing'
See All Articles
Subscribe to RSS
Bio
Hey, why am I reading in the New York Post about a group called American Atheists? I mean, I was born in 1947 and was an atheist by the time I was seven. I was a long-term predecessor to these ingrates.
The difference between me and the clowns at American Atheists is that I have always had respect for the religious. I feel they are more a part of the fabric of this country than I am, and that I have no right to belittle their beliefs. In fact I wish I could share in their faith. It’s not just in my genetics. Also I do not want to insult the dead of 9/11 by starting lawsuits and arguments over who has the right to do whatever.
The atheists are challenging plans to include the famous Ground Zero Cross in a display at the national memorial museum.
I don’t see how the truculent atheists think they deserve a place for a symbol of atheism. They want a plaque dedicated to nothingness. That would be like me going into the Museum of Modern Art and telling them that I deserve to hang one of my pictures next to Picasso’s in the name of some moronic idea of fairness. I can’t paint. They can’t believe. Does it matter?
Fairness? One of the favorite words of the unfair. Obama’s mantra. Communism’s plea.
Atheism. The lack of values that led to slaughters by the fascists and the communists.
Let the dead rest in peace. Don’t let the atheists degrade the holiness of the silence of 9/11 victims with their raucous courtroom antics.
It seems that atheists are constantly putting their soulless shoes in their mouths. Not only at Ground Zero but at the Oscars the atheists complained because Matthew McConaughey thanked God when he won an Oscar for the best actor as a result of his acting in “Dallas Buyer’s Club.”
McConaughey thanked God who “graced my life with opportunities that I know are not of my hand or any other humankind.”
In a normal society McConaughey would have been respected for his views. I respect him for his views and I am an atheist. However, in Brooklyn, which is my barometer of simpleminded liberalism, a number of people mocked him for being religious.
Atheism has become a dogmatic religion. Instead of criticizing and improving real religion, it has demeaned it and degraded itself.
This fits right in with the general bitchiness of atheists. They are unethical to start an argument over the Ground Zero Cross, which means so much to so many people. They are in poor taste to insult a speech at the Oscars; they are as bad as an inappropriate outfit on the red carpet.
Stealth Theist

He's fooled you

Cambridge, UK

#125877 Mar 8, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
To the FOOL, it is nonsense,to the wise ,it is soothing to the soul
Your ju-ju amounts to so much superstitious mumbo jumbo.

Cambridge, UK

#125878 Mar 8, 2014
Science saved my soul........

The freethinkers will love this.

The believers will hate it
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125880 Mar 8, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Stealth Theist
He's fooled you
I can understand your denial and pain you are feeling.

Mecha Hitler Atheist Activist got banned after posting nonsense and gibberish
Atheists are coming out and publicizing your ailments ,First Stak Rosch , clearly indicated that 'Atheism has a suicide problem"
Now ,Atheist , David Albert a known Atheist ,rips Atheists apart and we are finding that Atheists are being afflicted by the Draculian virus.

Named plaintiffs have suffered, inter alia, Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish .

As you can see , Dracula was afflicted by the same symptoms .
How ever , if this is any consolation, your national holiday is coming up in 3 weeks ,April 1st.
when you can celebrate your Nothing belief
.Mama mia , the Atheists are going to celebrate Nothing.
Don't that beat all... a Nothing celebration.
That is almost as exciting as a wet fart staining your underpants.......
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Cambridge, UK

#125881 Mar 8, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand your denial and pain you are feeling.
Mecha Hitler Atheist Activist got banned after posting nonsense and gibberish
Atheists are coming out and publicizing your ailments ,First Stak Rosch , clearly indicated that 'Atheism has a suicide problem"
Now ,Atheist , David Albert a known Atheist ,rips Atheists apart and we are finding that Atheists are being afflicted by the Draculian virus.
Named plaintiffs have suffered, inter alia, Dyspepsia, Symptoms of Depression, Headaches, Anxiety, and Mental Pain and Anguish .
As you can see , Dracula was afflicted by the same symptoms .
How ever , if this is any consolation, your national holiday is coming up in 3 weeks ,April 1st.
when you can celebrate your Nothing belief
.Mama mia , the Atheists are going to celebrate Nothing.
Don't that beat all... a Nothing celebration.
That is almost as exciting as a wet fart staining your underpants.......
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Strawman argument.

It still doesn't change the fact that you've been fooled again.

Cambridge, UK

#125882 Mar 9, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pretty harsh...with a ring of truth
There are certain creatures that love darkness....rats, vermin, roaches, snakes. The atheist prefers darkness, perhaps they are the human form of a scavenger lurking in the dark for something to feed on?
Your god loves the darkness.

He hides from the lights of science and reason.

He hides and skulks in the dark places and scurries from one to another each time science illuminates one of his hiding places.

Cambridge, UK

#125884 Mar 9, 2014
Ha ha

You ignored me because you hated how I proved your bible wrong.

No doubt you were frothing at the mouth, especially as you'd just said the bible was free from error.

You're the one who can't handle the truth of what I said.

Now, realising your mistake in public ally saying you'd ignore me you find yourself talking about me indirectly in the third person.

Pi = 3

That''s what the bible says.

The bible is wrong on that point.

And there's you saying that there are no errors in the bible.

You're wrong on that one, wetpants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Knox co get 40 liquor stores 22 min Well 8
kentucky jail tracker (Jan '12) 22 min Sarahvanover 16
Debbie Brown 37 min Person 8
Does J--A--R--V--I--S stand for.......? 1 hr Lets See 18
Glad KC and Corbin don't play each other again 1 hr Go Big Clay 3
the music thread (Jan '12) 1 hr Sweet Daddy 228
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr Be Back Later 1,649

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance