Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 164648 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#125790 Mar 6, 2014
Lets look at this from another angle, shall we..... the subset "Lack or Loss of Spiritual Faith" that excludes the atheist altogether from committing suicide simply because they never had the Spiritual Faith to lose or have a lack of.......... What the MRFF is suing over is the blatant prejudice attributed directly to the atheist....Because of that subset, All atheist are automatically put on a "Risk List" and that sort of stigma prevents them from getting promotions or certain assignments.

The Devil is in the details Curious, and quite self explanatory.

Lilly Munster:

As a Professor of Psychiatry, a Veteran, and a Researcher, I wish to point out that suicide in the military is almost overwhelmingly committed by People of Faith. Atheists, in any setting, rarely commit suicide, rape, or violent felonies. Of course, this well researched fact is RARELY discussed, admitted, or factored in. A "crisis of faith" and resultant self destruction, requires Faith Based Conflict.
Don't blame Atheism.

Since: Sep 13

United States of America

#125791 Mar 6, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go, quoting Richard wade the Atheist , who , instead of requesting the facts on the USMC study ,chose to complain instead.
here is what a USMC general had to say about the study;
Brig. Gen. Rhonda Cornum states that, "Researchers have found that spiritual people have decreased odds of attempting suicide, and that spiritual fitness has a positive impact on quality of life, on coping and on mental health." The Marine Corps document also notes that its risk indicators for early death are "derived from scientific studies.
All he had to do was , Ask to see the Scientific Studies , then voice his complaint,if one was warranted, based on the evidence presented.
He did not do that,,,Why not?
BTW You still consider Stak Rosch to be just " some Atheist" or a legitimate leader of your faith.
They filed and submitted a FOIA in September of '13.
It's people like you Curious who are trying to give the MRFF a black eye. The Military Religious Freedom Foundation is a five-time Nobel Peace Prize-nominated civil rights organization with a client base of almost 35,000 service members, Department of Defense (DOD), civilian personnel, and armed services veterans Ė 96% of whom are practicing Christians (both Roman Catholic and Protestant). Since its inception in 2005, MRFF has been battling a growing crisis of unbridled religious extremism within the armed forces. This grave and growing national security threat has led to the relentless stripping-away of the very freedoms that these brave men and women have pledged to defend and secure at all costs.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#125792 Mar 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly, we'd need to abandon logic and reason.
Secondly, we'd need to embrace stupidity and gullibility.
Thirdly, that's just not going to happen.
You did that when you said 124^10th against
was probable!

That's just the number against the probability for the proteins in DNA
to have Randomly occurred!
In every other field of science that number is considered "Astronomically Impossible"
But NO... not in Evilution....
Your Logic, and Reason has been replaced by Stupidity, Gullibility, and Ignorance
Just because.... you do not want to believe there is a judgment at the end of your life!
Repent! God will save you too!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#125793 Mar 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe one of those other gods will show up.
There are plenty of them around.
I only know the one that saved me!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#125794 Mar 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you do not understand the concept of forming an opinion based upon evidence? When I say "it looks like", in the context of my post, it was based upon the evidence of what historians have found on the time of the writings, and this such as this.
I use words such as "looks like" to show you honesty and what I think is a plausible explanation. Evidently you hate such honest debates and opinions of the evidence based claims, and you cling to the non evidence based opinions.
You continue to post extremely closed minded statements such as this.
We are debating if the story holds to logic and reason. You stomp your feet, close your eyes and ears, and push out all views that do not align with your own. So I can only conclude this closed minded approach to life is critical for belief in a god.
Of course we cannot convince you our views might be correct ,as you admit to being closed minded with most every post.
And of course it is unlikely you will convince us our views are incorrect, because you refuse to even debate them. We keep trying, but you and your team just refuse to debate time after time.
You have no evidence against our God....
He's the one that saved us!
Case closed!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#125795 Mar 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."
2 Peter 3:9
Why is believing required?
If your god wants everyone to be saved then why doesn't he get what he wants?
Or to put it another way....
Question: What kind of omnipotent, all-knowing god doesn't get what he wants?
Answer: A god that doesn't exist.
Wrong again!
He sent us here to tell you what we know....
He doesn't want anyone that doesn't want Him....
You will get what you want... He's good that way!

His existence has nothing to do with your belief!
He saved me... case closed!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#125796 Mar 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
From the flood myth in Genesis....
"And God said to all the living things on Earth - "Phuque You!"
and then God killed them all."
How cute....
You prove our point with every post!
Our God, and our Bible is True!
Keep on posting!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#125797 Mar 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a shame your prayers weren't a request to save the thousands of children and babies who die every day from starvation.
We can only feed so many.... but we try!
How many of them do you feed???
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#125799 Mar 7, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>How cute....
You prove our point with every post!
Our God, and our Bible is True!
Keep on posting!
I suspect that most members of your church is white. According to scientific studies you have work to do. Maybe nsa can help you find out who is sinning.

In this study, white people were the most enthusiastic masturbators.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about...
Ye of lil Understanding

Richmond, KY

#125800 Mar 7, 2014
Mark
10:6 But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male
and female.
10:7 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and
cleave to his wife;
10:8 And they two shall be one flesh: so then they are no more
two, but one flesh.
10:9 What therefore God hath joined together, let not man
separate.
Everything else is sexual perversion!
God is real... He saved me from this, and many other sins!
He can save you too.... Repent!
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125803 Mar 7, 2014
stuck in a lodi wrote:
Hey Box.... Don't be alarmed, Curious has accused me of being every single poster on this thread, except those that are in his group.
According to Curious, I'm Mike, Witch, SS, LOL, and Box, those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Seems I'm a man of Many Talents!
I do believe you need to get your facts straight , let me give them to you
You are a man of many useless talents , deceptive , mentally erratic , misguided,in denial,defender of a calloused and corrupt faith,,and those are your good points
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125804 Mar 7, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, a woman responded to his ad for his lost dog...therefore Jesus is real!
Now you know why I told you that you would fail to grasp what my Faith is based on.
You are parroting the same nonsense that the other nonintellectual members of your faith have been repeating.
That is good in the sense that it further confirms Biblical teachings.
Do not give what is holy to dogs and do not cast your pearls before swine , as they will turn and attack you..
Keep oinking your responses,When you are done , join Lodi and Witchetty at the trough , I filled it with slop

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#125805 Mar 7, 2014
I may be wrong but wasn't it one of your "Prophets" that had sex with his slave because his wife couldn't produce a male heir, then abandoned her (and her son) when his wife got pregnant?

Is this still acceptable in your church?

Don't worry, I really don't expect and answer.

It appears that your bible makes exceptions for the chosen few.

But then again, Jesus did refer to his religious leaders as liars and hypocrites.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125806 Mar 7, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>We can only feed so many.... but we try!
How many of them do you feed???
Atheists are not interested in feeding hungry children. That is not an important issue on their agenda. Their leaders are very concerned about issues such as
Beastiality,,,which they condone
Necrophelia,,which they condone
Incest....which they condone
Weakening or abolishing our Child protection laws,,,,,,,which they condone
Whenever and wherever there is a famine , It is those faith based organizations that quickly mobilize to provide assistance.

The Atheist Church that was recently organized in London , based on Christian tradition , was supposedly going to address these issues.
That effort quickly dissipated and now they are fighting with the NYC over who believes in God the least.
Can you imagine that?
The basis of their faith and their reasoning for worshipping; They worship the non existence of God ..The foundation of their faith and religion is based on Nothing....
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I guess that since they believe that Nothing created the Universe ,that Nothing should be worshipped,
Double YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Location hidden

#125807 Mar 7, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you know why I told you that you would fail to grasp what my Faith is based on.
You are parroting the same nonsense that the other nonintellectual members of your faith have been repeating.
That is good in the sense that it further confirms Biblical teachings.
Do not give what is holy to dogs and do not cast your pearls before swine , as they will turn and attack you..
Keep oinking your responses,When you are done , join Lodi and Witchetty at the trough , I filled it with slop
Why is it we give God credit when good things happen but we donít blame him when bad things happen. If you prayed for the return of your dog and your prayers were answered you say ďGod is greatĒ. When you pray for God to help your sick child and he ignores you do you still thank Him and say he is great? Why? Please donít answer with the old clichť about working in mysterious ways.

God endowed all of us with a curious nature. He gave us the ability and the need to question our surroundings. Why would he do this if he didnít want us to seek answers? I have been searching for these answers for many years. When I read the bible, the only answer I get, is to stop asking question. When I bring my questions to my priest or preacher they say ďtrust GodĒ. Iím sorry but that doesnít cut it.

Iíll ask one question to you believers. Hopefully one of you will have a clear concise answer that doesnít side-step the question. If you donít know the answer, just say ďI donít knowĒ.

Here it is: If your God is all-loving and all-forgiving why should I fear Him and why should I fear eternal damnation?

Location hidden

#125808 Mar 7, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are not interested in feeding hungry children. That is not an important issue on their agenda. Their leaders are very concerned about issues such as
Beastiality,,,which they condone
Necrophelia,,which they condone
Incest....which they condone
Weakening or abolishing our Child protection laws,,,,,,,which they condone
Whenever and wherever there is a famine , It is those faith based organizations that quickly mobilize to provide assistance.
The Atheist Church that was recently organized in London , based on Christian tradition , was supposedly going to address these issues.
That effort quickly dissipated and now they are fighting with the NYC over who believes in God the least.
Can you imagine that?
The basis of their faith and their reasoning for worshipping; They worship the non existence of God ..The foundation of their faith and religion is based on Nothing....
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I guess that since they believe that Nothing created the Universe ,that Nothing should be worshipped,
Double YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Lumping all atheist together is as bad as lumping all Christians together. We are all different with different morals and beliefs. Iím willing to bet that I donate more money to more charities than most of you do. I also house three foster children and dedicate many hours to non-profit organizations, some of which are religiously based. A person doesnít need to believe in God to be a moral person. Although some of you may think that morality is based on religion it is actually based on common sense and a feeling of love of your fellow humans. I donít need to read the bible to know the difference between right and wrong. Animals donít believe in God and they take care of each other. Insects work for the good of the community and they donít worship any supreme beings. Morality is part of our nature. There is good and bad in all of us. Jesus would be ashamed of some of the things people do in His name.

Location hidden

#125809 Mar 7, 2014
If by chance there is a judgment upon death, I will face it with my head held high. My life speaks for itself. I am willing to let my actions and deeds determine whether or not I am a righteous person.

Let me ask you this: Who stands a better chance of salvation, a man who prays and preaches what Jesus taught but is only concerned with his own fate or someone who lives as Jesus lived but doesnít believe in God?
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125810 Mar 7, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lumping all atheist together is as bad as lumping all Christians together. We are all different with different morals and beliefs. Iím willing to bet that I donate more money to more charities than most of you do. I also house three foster children and dedicate many hours to non-profit organizations, some of which are religiously based. A person doesnít need to believe in God to be a moral person. Although some of you may think that morality is based on religion it is actually based on common sense and a feeling of love of your fellow humans. I donít need to read the bible to know the difference between right and wrong. Animals donít believe in God and they take care of each other. Insects work for the good of the community and they donít worship any supreme beings. Morality is part of our nature. There is good and bad in all of us. Jesus would be ashamed of some of the things people do in His name.
Justice defiled , You have me confused . You are claiming to be an Atheist,while on the other hand you make the following claim
"God endowed all of us with a curious nature. He gave us the ability and the need to question our surroundings. Why would he do this if he didnít want us to seek answers? I have been searching for these answers for many years. When I read the bible, the only answer I get, is to stop asking question.
WHEN I bring my questions to MY priest or preacher they say ďtrust GodĒ. Iím sorry but that doesnít cut it. "
You must be one of those atheists that believes in God as per a Pew Research study.
Any reason why your questions should be taken seriously?
I'm open to suggestions.
Box kinda tried to pull the same stunt.
he wanted me to post the basis for my faith ,which I have done on numerous occasions and of which he was well aware.
He kept goading me and I refused to fall for that silly and childish game , knowing full well what his deceptive intentions were , which he confirmed by his assinine response.
However , when I have more time I will answer the question you asked.
The reason I will do so is, when I read your question on God answering prayer , something very important flashed through my mind..
i will also address your question on fearing God and damnation as it reminds me and strengthens the basis for my faith......
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125811 Mar 7, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
If by chance there is a judgment upon death, I will face it with my head held high. My life speaks for itself. I am willing to let my actions and deeds determine whether or not I am a righteous person.
Let me ask you this: Who stands a better chance of salvation, a man who prays and preaches what Jesus taught but is only concerned with his own fate or someone who lives as Jesus lived but doesnít believe in God?
You sound much like Witchetty , the self proclaimed righteous one.
To have lived as Jesus lived ,but not believe in God , you would have to have lived a sinless life.
To quote Witchetty
" I have never committed an act for which I need feel ashamed"
proclamations of self righteousness are the last refuge of a scoundrel.
My opinion

Location hidden

#125812 Mar 7, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Justice defiled , You have me confused . You are claiming to be an Atheist,while on the other hand you make the following claim
"God endowed all of us with a curious nature. He gave us the ability and the need to question our surroundings. Why would he do this if he didnít want us to seek answers? I have been searching for these answers for many years. When I read the bible, the only answer I get, is to stop asking question.
WHEN I bring my questions to MY priest or preacher they say ďtrust GodĒ. Iím sorry but that doesnít cut it. "
You must be one of those atheists that believes in God as per a Pew Research study.
Any reason why your questions should be taken seriously?
I'm open to suggestions.
Box kinda tried to pull the same stunt.
he wanted me to post the basis for my faith ,which I have done on numerous occasions and of which he was well aware.
He kept goading me and I refused to fall for that silly and childish game , knowing full well what his deceptive intentions were , which he confirmed by his assinine response.
However , when I have more time I will answer the question you asked.
The reason I will do so is, when I read your question on God answering prayer , something very important flashed through my mind..
i will also address your question on fearing God and damnation as it reminds me and strengthens the basis for my faith......
I spent the first 40 years of my life as a practicing Catholic. I actually donít consider myself an atheist. I do believe in God (probably not your God) but not a vengeful, spiteful, mean God. My questions are more directed toward your ďReligionĒ than your God.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What does the Bible actually say about Abortions? 50 min The Specialist 3
Marriage Laws in America. 1 hr Aunt Belle 6
Trump better watch North Korea. 1 hr Short Timer 37
super ears 1 hr The Specialist 6
Wildcat truck stop drug flea market 1 hr Simple As That 10
billfold 3 hr billfold 1
Cracker Barrel coming to Barbourville ? 3 hr Leroy 37
what happened to shannon mills 19 hr The Specialist 19

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web