Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151888 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#125633 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
You are delusional ,in denial and becoming very ANGRY.
I'm not angry at all. Do you care to address my link to a study that disproves your claim?
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125634 Mar 4, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I have made rock-solid arguments. You cannot refute them, so you attempt to change the subject.
I win.
<quoted text>
Your faith has no real basis.
<quoted text>
That's because belief in Santa Claus don't negatively affect your community and country. Belief in Jesus does.
<quoted text>
I don't care what you believe. I'm just pointing out to you that it's irrational.
You have proclaimed yourself King in the Kingdom of Fools. Your rocks are man made ,of paper mache.
You are totally unable and incapable of understanding the basis for my faith and only parrot the gibberish espoused by such as are more unknowledgeable than you are ,
belief in Jesus has contributed to the establishment of hospitals, schools , colleges , Western civilization , help for the needy and many other worthy causes.
It is those benefits that the Atheist church is hoping to attain by copying much of wehat Christianity stand for.
The Atheist religion is incapable of providing a program for those needs based on their baseless faith and YOU KNOW IT
If you don't care what I believe , then why are you trying to deceive me with your foolishness...
I do not need to be hampered by suicidial tendencies , mental depression or any other physical or mental maladies which are known to afflict Atheists.
Those are the afflictions that are caused by your religion to it's members as enumerated by your Atheist leader,Stak Rosch , which he acknowledged that Atheists will not tedily admit.
So , do yourself a favor , don't you worry your little brain with the basis for my Faith. It is beyond your comprehension and has brought great joy into my life from the sorry mess it once was when I was an Agmostic....
Devote your time to dealing with the afflictions affecting those of your faith and leave those who are rejoicing in their faith alone.
You have been posting the same gibberish on this website for many years and under many monikers..........The time and energy you have spent spreading your ineffective composte has been fruitless

Location hidden

#125635 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
You are totally unable and incapable of understanding the basis for my faith
Another cowardly post, ignoring all the arguments you can't refute.

So sad.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#125636 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
What is more disconcerting and scurrilous is how you at6heists register and change monikers at will.
SP , alias LOLin a Suit , among his many other aliases.
When he posted as Jimmy Rants ,he confessed to having used ,as I remember , 6 other monikers. Confession is supposed to be good for the soul , obviously,not in his case.
He is still the same buffoon ,regardless of his many monikers.
And,,,,,,,,,,spare me your denials..........Facts are facts..........
You have accused me many times of being someone else, so I cannot take your claims seriously. We know for a fact, you change your name often.
Can you try for once to not say something in a hypocritical manner?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125637 Mar 4, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to comprehend.
Think about any time a Hindu says their lives have been changed by the Brahman.
Think about any time a Muslim says their life has been changed by Allah.
Think about any time a Buddhist says they have experienced some form of Nirvana.
Think about any time a Pagan says their lives have been changed by their gods.
You reject all these things as mere delusions. We do the same for you.
Religious fundamentalists refuse to take the outsiders test.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125638 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget that the swoon Theory is some mumbo jumbo invented by unbelievers in order to account for the missing body of OUR LORD.
The simple reason that a body could not be produced is because HE HAS RISEN.
There is absolutely no evidence or legitimate suggestion that Jesus's body was buried in a common grave , That is part of the atheist Agenda and nonsense.
Your " likely false " statement is an opinion , not supported by any written report or oral tradition . It is Hokum pokum.
Whenever the gospels were written ,it was based on the oral tradition of the day.
11 powerless ,uneducated and fearful common men and a former Pharissee lacked the power and courage to preach a resurrected Christ , unless they had witnessed such.
They risked their lives for something they were totally convinced had occured" He is risen"
Had nothing to gain and eveything to lose.
In spite of the Roman and Jewish authorities to quite them , they failed to do so.
As Gamaliel wisely stated , If there movement is man made,it will fail , If it is of God.........
God does not fail , as evidenced by this movement that would not have gotten off the ground if "HE HAD NOT RISEN"
Your statement simply shows massive motive to fabricate the resurrection.
Lets say Jesus did not rise from the dead. It stands to reason his followers had motive to lie. If they told the truth, as you said, the movement would not have gotten off the ground.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125639 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
NaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH,
Do not confuse the basis for your Atheist religion and Faith , baseless and empty , with the basis for Christianity.
The lying and misinformation provided by Atheists in support of their faith and religion is the primary reason why studies point to the hich suicidial rate and mental imbalance within the members of your faith.
' Not only do studies indicate this as factual ,but , so has one of your Atheist leaders ,Stak Rosch.......
You guys are living proof of these mental maladies , a day does not go by without you all debating the existence of one you do not believe exists.
This GOD that you claim does not exist ,lives in your minds and you can not but help talking about him..........
So your rebuttal to the logic is "NaHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" ? The claims of atheism have nothing to do with it.
There was motive for the Christians to lie. You simply refuse to admit it was even possible.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125640 Mar 4, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not angry. I'm quite content with watching you flounder and run away because you're so totally impotent to address any of my arguments.
Curious, why did your god allow his holy book to have errors and contradictions?
If you think there are errors and contradictions then you need to address them to the God you claim not to believe in

And ,since you erronoeously believe that I am flounderig , then you contentment is based on a fallacy, much like your faith.
That you feel a compelling need to self proclaim yourself the winner , speaks volumes of your lack of conviction regasrding your argument.
Obviously , your intention is to declare yourself the winner by hook or by crook.
I am not here to win as I have already achieved the goal of my faith , which your futile arguments have failed to dent.
My Faith is just as strong or stronger that when we first begun.
What you claim you succeded in accomplishing is not discernible to me.
My God Lives , My God reigns and Jesus Christ is Lord

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125641 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
No one tried to produce a body and one has to wonder why?
According to the Gospels The Jews were informed that the body was not there. The grave was empty..
There is absolutely no written or oral report to support the claim that Jesus was buried in a common grave, That is Atheist mumbo jumbo and you know it.
That the Jews and Romans attempted to destroy the Christian movement is made quite obvious by Saul and the many martyrs who died at the hands of the Romans.
More mumbo jumbo from Atheists.
I only aplly my rerasoning to MY Faith , not anyone elses.
Christ changes lives , He changed the life of the apostles and he has Changed mine.
That I know to be a fact. When you are born in Christ, you are a new creature , without any effort on your part.
I believe not as you wish me to believe , nor on the opinions of those who consider themselves intellectuals.
I Believe based on my experiences.
I know my beliefs cause you Atheists chagrin and dismay ....That is part of the price you pay for your religion anf faith.
You keep forgetting to take into account the fact the bible claims were made decades after the supposed fact. So one could make outrageous claims and there was no way to verify.
As has been pointed out, death sentence criminals were put in mass graves. No one is claiming it absolutely happened that way, but it is a possibility. You simply refuse to acknowledge plausible possibilities. It shows your closed mind. The fact you keep repeating how you ignore our opinions simply shows a closed mind. If I listed all the closed minded statement you say, I would be writing volumes.

You seem to keep assuming the early Christians were all on the same page. Heck, they are not even on the same page today.

Location hidden

#125642 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
If you think there are errors and contradictions then you need to address them to the God you claim not to believe in
No, I don't.

YOU need to address them, as they are a problem for your religion.
Suoiruc wrote:
And ,since you erronoeously believe that I am flounderig , then you contentment is based on a fallacy, much like your faith.
You are floundering. You can't respond to any of my arguments.

Why does the Bible contain errors and contradictions, Curious?
Suoiruc wrote:
Then you confirm that your faith is based on delusion, not reality.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125643 Mar 4, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad.
I watched a great documentary yesterday (In god we trust). Many Christians were questioned and so many were stumped by simple questions. They often typically resorted to the answer of (god works in mysterious ways) or something to that effect.
One preacher lady said homosexuality is a worse sin than slavery. Her reasoning was, god said slavery was ok.
This was typical of many answers. No logic could be produced.
One congressman claimed "in god we trust" was put on currency by our founding fathers. The interviewer informed him of the actual date this happened and his response was "I am not good with dates".
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125644 Mar 4, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad.
LOL What is sad ,is that you would never make that claim to my face when i was an agnostic.
You can hide behind a computer,in an unknown location , and refer to people as cowards.
It is something else to say that to someone's face and expext not to loose your teeth and have your face reaarranged..... Which is what would happen to you..
You and Desade shared some things in common.
He ate sh-t and you talk sh-t.....May be there is more to that than meets the eye. LOL
Sorry to ruin your day, another in a long line of your futile attempts.
I see where Duket pulled himself from the donut table in order to spend another fruitless day sputing his nonsense about a topic he does not believe in.
How does that Al martino song go?
I can't get you out of my mind , without you I'm lonely..........
tell him I talked to his uncle,,,,He is pissed..........LOL
I know I'm getting on your nerves , That is why you keep responding to my posts.
Do something to abate your anger ,take a chill pill ,,,, Or not.........
YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125645 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
That you feel a compelling need to self proclaim yourself the winner , speaks volumes of your lack of conviction regasrding your argument.
Obviously , your intention is to declare yourself the winner by hook or by crook.
I am not here to win as I have already achieved the goal of my faith , which your futile arguments have failed to dent.
What you claim you succeded in accomplishing is not discernible to me.
My God Lives , My God reigns and Jesus Christ is Lord
Another massively closed minded statement.
How can we address a god that is not real? Your statement is nonsensical. Why don't you address the claims? The answer seems clear to me, you cannot handle the job. The contradictions are clear and you and all other believers here refuse to deal with them.
huhu

Burkesville, KY

#125646 Mar 4, 2014
good!

Location hidden

#125647 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
You can hide behind a computer,in an unknown location , and refer to people as cowards.
You are a coward. Every time an argument is made that you can't handle, you ignore it or change the subject.

Why does the Bible contain errors and contradictions? Why should we trust a book that contains errors and contradictions?
Suoiruc wrote:
It is something else to say that to someone's face and expext not to loose your teeth and have your face reaarranged..... Which is what would happen to you
Oooh, it's an internet tough guy.
Suoiruc

Winter Garden, FL

#125648 Mar 4, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't.
YOU need to address them, as they are a problem for your religion.
<quoted text>
You are floundering. You can't respond to any of my arguments.
Why does the Bible contain errors and contradictions, Curious?
<quoted text>
Then you confirm that your faith is based on delusion, not reality.
I do not need to address the reasons for YOUR UNBELIEF , That is YOUR problem which I can not resolve for you.
You made an erroneous decision not to believe in God and it is you who must figure out the error of your ways.
You are hoping to miskead me into believing in your erroneous fait which leads to suicidial tendencies and other physical and mental maladie which you have been quite incapable and unable to dispute personally from your personal experiences.
My faith is based on personal experiences ,not on the inane rantings of tghe mentally unstable , confessed alcoholics and those who condone incest , beastiality , necrophelia and other unhealthy and repugnant beliefs.
God and Christ took me out of the gutter.
No way possible that the Atheist faith ids going to drag me back in.
No more sewre life for me..........
My God is very much alive , He reigns and Christ is Lord.
You made achoice to turn your back on him and have to pay the consequences for your actions..........

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#125649 Mar 4, 2014
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Harassment

Harassment

get off [someone’s] back To stop bothering, irritating, or criticizing another person; similar to the currently popular get off [someone’s] case. This expression is usually spoken in the command form by a desperate victim of incessant nagging or harassment.

Location hidden

#125650 Mar 4, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not need to address the reasons for YOUR UNBELIEF
You need to address why you believe in spite of good reasons not to, like errors and contradictions in the Bible.

United States

#125652 Mar 4, 2014
Yep

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#125653 Mar 4, 2014
lau09 wrote:
I agree that there is a very good moral in most of the stories of the bible, and it is important to teach children what Christianity is, but it is just as important to teach them about other religions. Not because they have to believe in the religion, but they have to understand it and respect the people that do believe, and respect the people that don't believe.
Religions should be teached, but not as if that are the facts, but as something that some people believe in and some don't. It is important that all the different cultures and believes are understood and respected.
I posted a blogpost on this subject, would love it if you checked it out!
http://imagecherry.com/etbg034cwo5f
Funding is scarce . We barely have enough to support our teachers with required subjects . College is the right place for studies on religion .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump campaign 6 min Harry 11
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 14 min Voter 50
Knox county voters support TRUMP ! (Jan '16) 1 hr Wilchec 19
outlaws 5 hr eighty one 18
Who do I make complaint to about ER registratio... 6 hr tracker 10
Daniel Boone entertainment 7 hr woooooo 4
Higher Property Taxes 8 hr What a mess 22

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance