Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Justice Sweet”

Since: Jan 14

Mount Vernon

#125557 Mar 2, 2014
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one of MANY items to PROVE you WRONG.... as usual!
Repent...
You do not have to live that lifestyle....
It IS a CHOICE!
It's not a choice , repent for what. I and the rest of the U.S. will not tolerate your Bible babble . You're living in a country that doesn't have to be bullied by your religious scare tactics . PISS OFF.
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#125558 Mar 2, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your miracle dog don't hunt, curious.
Chroe , I know how you Atheists become exceptionally angry with the postings of Believers.
The uncontrollable and unsatiable anger is madre obvious by the fact that you all have been posting the same nonsense since the inception of this thread with no positive results to show for your great allotment of time and effort to something you don't believe in.
In the process , Atheists have managed to debilitate themselves mentally and physically , as Studies have indicated.
I am a fool for Christ , Whose fool are you?
And remember , The Fool has said in his Heart , There is no God....

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Kierkegaard
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#125559 Mar 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
You just blew another fuse in the hypocrisy meter, Sista.
"condensatively" ? A million words in the English language - and that isn't one of them.
It is when addressing DRIPS-and gee... look who pounced all over first!

(HA.Duhmmy.)
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#125560 Mar 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claim I am wrong, but have failed to show me as wrong, as always. You spewed your McCarthy bullshit and it made you look like a fool. For one, you made false claims, and two, it had nothing to do with the conversation.
The stats were shown about your ignorantly biased perception of atheists in the Ukraine, and you diverted to East Germany.
You are desperately running around with your pitchfork poking atheists, due to our points being non disputable. Well if they are disputable, you certainly could not handle the job.
BTW your post is the poster-child of condescendingly belligerent.
Now please tell us just how I am turning gas into liquid? Sorry for being condescending about your spelling mishap.
And here's the second, pitchfork wielding DRIP.

And I'm not explaining again how the water outlet process of hot air BAGS like you, actually works, because you'd just post some stupid, ignorant belligerence of denial against the FACT of the matter.

DRIP numero duex.
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#125561 Mar 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So yet again you cannot dispute my post. How sad for your team that you guys just give up. I guess you have to when you realize their is no answer.
In true DRIPPY atheistisTic form-
"The answer my friend is blowing in the winDuh...".

For you book hater kinDuhs anyway.

(Again, I shall ask you...do you hate all books, or just some?)
SistaNoneYa

Hazard, KY

#125562 Mar 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So you noticed also?
DRIPS of a birdbrain feather....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#125563 Mar 3, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaah , Never had a miracle dog , Shows how effectiive your backward thinking mind can pick up on things that are backawrds..........
BACKWARD THINKING - AN ILLUSION CREATED BY A DEPRESSED MIND
Backward thinking doesn't really exist; it's an illusion created by a depressed mind.
There is a fundamental problem in the way depressed people run their mind. They believe that backward thinking actually exists, when in fact, backward thinking is a figment of their imagination. It's a compelling illusion that controls their life.
The truth is they are not thinking backward. Although it appears like they are thinking backward, what is really happening is they are ignoring the thoughts that cause their emotions, and instead, focusing only on their emotions. They have a massive perceptual problem; they can't see the depressing and twisted thoughts that started the problem in the first place. How does this happen?
It's really quite simple. When you have a negative thought, the amount of time it takes for your mind to generate a negative emotion consistent with that thought can be measured in fractions of a second - nanoseconds. The time between the thought and the emotion is so quick that most people can't separate the thought from the emotion. When the emotion pops into their mind, the thought that caused it disappears before they even notice it was there.
Ring a bell does it?
Yes, it reminds me of your own professed state of mind when you lost your dog and acquired your religious delusions..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125564 Mar 3, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound exactly as you sounded way back when this thread first started and you were posting under the moniker Quebert..........
I've told you before, curious. I found Topix when I was researching the connection between southern protestants and the second KKK. My only other moniker was Mirrorman, but it was taken as a registered name.
I've also told you (along with the other religies) that St. Pete isn't going to like your constantly bearing false witness.
Suoiruc

Ocoee, FL

#125565 Mar 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it reminds me of your own professed state of mind when you lost your dog and acquired your religious delusions..
It is highly doubtful that you can remember anything , what with the highly debilitated state of your mind you have attained since you became an Atheist.
I can see where Stak Rosch was so highly concerned about the mental condition of many Atheists like yourself.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125566 Mar 3, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
<quoted text>
Chroe , I know how you Atheists become exceptionally angry with the postings of Believers.
The uncontrollable and unsatiable anger is madre obvious by the fact that you all have been posting the same nonsense since the inception of this thread with no positive results to show for your great allotment of time and effort to something you don't believe in.
In the process , Atheists have managed to debilitate themselves mentally and physically , as Studies have indicated.
I am a fool for Christ , Whose fool are you?
And remember , The Fool has said in his Heart , There is no God....
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
Kierkegaard
So you believe in a humanoid creator of the universe, the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve, a talking serpent and a tree of knowledge, Noah, Jonah, the Tower of Babel, the parting of the Red Sea, the immorality, double standards, contradictions and errors of your Bible... and then are proudly oblivious of how fittingly the Kierkegaard quote applies to you. It is nothing I do not already know.
The religies have been insatiably and uncontrollably posturing for the machinations of the church for over a thousand years. Now, man's understanding of the universe has dispelled much of the superstition - except for those who are yearn for delusion or dementia.
You are not a fool for Jesus, you're a fool for the >Christ myth< - and you don't know the difference.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#125567 Mar 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes every single word of the Bible is absolutely true.
This is demonstrably false. The Bible contradicts itself, and therefore cannot be completely true.

Can you tell me why Luke says Jesus was born during the census of Quirinius (6 AD) while Matthew says Jesus was born during the reign of Herod (< 4 BC)? It can't be both. Either Luke is wrong or Matthew is wrong.
SevenTee wrote:
The events described in the Bible are accurate. If you disagree you just don't like what is written because it exposes your sin.
I disagree because you are wrong. The only reason you take your position is to maintain your blind faith.
SevenTee wrote:
Salvation is clear, it comes from Jesus Christ alone. That does not mean you should not do good works or plant seeds.
Many Christian sects disagree. Is Adam and Eve a true story or just a fictional tale that provides a message? Christian sects disagree.

Location hidden

#125568 Mar 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you what if you can prove one error in the Bible I will listen to you.
Your statement tells me you have never studied the Bible.
Here you go:

Luke says Jesus was born >= 6 AD.
Matthew says he was born <= 4 BC.

Either Luke is wrong or Matthew is wrong.

Location hidden

#125569 Mar 3, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
The first four books of the New Testament are called the gospels, the biographies of the life of Y'shua. Each one gives the account from the writer's own vantage point and all four mention the resurrection.
We don't know who ANY of the four writers are. The Gospels are anonymous. More, they are not independent writings. Matthew and Luke literally copy from Mark.
Suoiruc wrote:
The best way to recognize that the New Testament is actually an historical document is to read it. It is hard to come up with any other conclusion.
Actually, it's trivially easy to see that the Gospels were written to develop a religion, not to record historical facts.

Location hidden

#125570 Mar 3, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
1. STOLEN BY THE DISCIPLES
One popular theory about the resurrection, which is even mentioned in the New Testament itself as a charge by Jesus' detractors, is that the disciples stole the body. This provides a convenient excuse not to pursue the issue further, but it ignores the facts.

Fact one: Had the body been stolen by his followers, all that would be needed to disprove the disciples' claim would be to produce the body. No body has ever been produced.

Fact two: There were Roman guards at the site of the tomb. How, then could any of Jesus' followers have stolen his body?

Fact three: There was a giant stone covering the tomb, which would have taken several people to move. The guards could not have overlooked such an operation.

Fact four: Historically, we know that the early followers of Y'shua were persecuted for their belief. They were offered two options: renounce their belief in the resurrection or die. It seems unlikely that, were the disciples to have stolen the body, they would have all been ready to die rather than confess their deeds. It is true that people die everyday for beliefs which are not true. But these are lies which they fully believe to be true. How often do people die for what they know to be a fabrication?

Fact five: Whatever else can be said about the original followers of Y'shua, they themselves certainly believed that Y'shua rose from the dead. They did not steal the body.
1. If the Disciples had stolen it, how would anyone else produce it?

2 and 3. Both of these assume the Gospel account is already true! The Romans would have thrown Jesus' body in an unmarked or mass grave, not a nice tomb, much less put guards at that tomb.

4. No, we don't know that historically. This is primarily "church tradition", often contains contradictions, and is likely false.

5. You don't know that. The Gospels were written 40-70 years after the events supposedly occurred.

Location hidden

#125571 Mar 3, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
2. SWOON THEORY
Perhaps he would have been better off denying that Y'shua ever existed. At least then he would not have been promoting a theory which takes more of a leap of faith than the New Testament account itself.
Someone not dying after being crucified is far-fetched, sure. But someone resurrecting from the dead is literally impossible.

So no, the swoon theory takes far LESS of a leap of faith than the NT account.
Suoiruc wrote:
But he knew, as all skeptics do, that the New Testament cannot be dismissed lightly. It is a cohesive, coherent and convincing book.
Sure it can. It's a contradictory, error-prone book of silly legends.

Location hidden

#125572 Mar 3, 2014
Suoiruc wrote:
Lapide examined the New Testament and concluded that the recorded events are too rooted in history for there to be any major revisions or deceptions involved in the writing.
How are they rooted in history? Luke and Matthew can't agree if Jesus was born <= 4 BC or >= 6 AD. Luke makes up an Empire-wide census that never happened. Pilate allowing a crowd of people to pardon a criminal is completely ahistorical. Events in the Bible that any local historian in the area should have recorded, like an Earthquake, or darkness during the day, or a town full of zombies...were never recorded.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#125573 Mar 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
I tell you what if you can prove one error in the Bible I will listen to you.
Your statement tells me you have never studied the Bible.
DNA evidence alone proves Noah's flood never happened as claimed.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125574 Mar 3, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
You have failed to make a single point about anything.
I have answered your questions.
I will ban you like I did Katru if you continue with your stupidity.
I will continue to answer your legit questions.
You cannot ban posters, but you can ban yourself. I can respond to any posts you write, like it or not.
I really can't understand why you keep making such silly statements.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125575 Mar 3, 2014
sisterBerthabetterthanyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Right?!?!?!
Hey Khat, pump the brakes on the douchemobile friend. ;)
Oooh my security numbers to post this comment are 6661 . Scary
Do you also get scared when a black cat crosses your path? Silly superstitions.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#125576 Mar 3, 2014
sisterBerthabetterthanyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you guys just try to out asshole each other?
What exactly was I hypocritical about mike? Having kept an eye on this post on and off, I took you for a more intelligent person than that.
As far as registering an account.... Some people take these boards more seriously than others. I am the latter. I use this site as a humorous break. What I find funniest of all is someone who takes this site so serious. So, thanks for the chuckle MD.
Ok, I have no idea who you are due to the fact you are not registered. You are to chicken to deal with this forum, so I guess trying to have a conversation with you is pointless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ralph smith 16 min this is drama cen... 2
Kim bingham 29 min this is drama cen... 11
carla davis (Nov '12) 2 hr Jim 39
Chickens 2 hr EAT MOR CHIKIN 5
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 3 hr creeker 7
howell (Jun '10) 4 hr Trailer park queen 17
dollar store Robbery flat lick 7 hr Knox county 10
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE