Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166303 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#125327 Feb 27, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Notice "The love of money....."
Money in itself is not evil.... just when you buy votes for abominations.... it get's pretty evil!
Love how you liberals try to spin things....
you place Jesus clearing the temple with those idiots of occupy wall street....
Too funny!
Bravo, YaA? You >support< the money changers and the priests in the temples. Your warped Fox and Brietbart mindless lackey notions brand you as one of the RINOs the GOP is infested with. Everyone here knows you would have been among those screaming for Lincoln's impeachment - he was a liberal.
Known Fact

Orlando, FL

#125328 Feb 27, 2014
Good News
Jesus said at Matthew 24:14 And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
This preaching work gives ever one an opportunity to decide if they want God's Kingdom to rule the earth or not. Jesus taught us to pray for God's kingdom to come and for God's will to be done on earth as it is in heaven.-Matthew 6:9,10
God's kingdom will rule the earth whether you want it or not.-Daniel 2:44
What will happen to the opposers who do not want it?
Dead bodies of the WICKED Jeremiah 25:31-38
“‘A noise will certainly come clear to the farthest part of the earth, for there is a controversy that Jehovah has with the nations. He must personally put himself in judgment with all flesh. As regards the WICKED ones, he must give them to the sword,’ is the utterance of Jehovah.;“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth;And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
A WARNING FOR FALSE RELIGIOUS LEADERS (see 2 Corinthians 11:13-15)
Jeremiah 25:33 Howl, YOU shepherds, and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”

Some may call this scare tactics but it is something that must be done to make the earth a peaceful place to live. Psalms 37:10,11 And just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more;
And you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be.;But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
What is required to live forever? Jehovah's Witnesses are eager to help you learn the requirements. One is to "Turn away from what is bad and do what is good, and so reside forever.
For Jehovah is a lover of justice,
And he will not leave his loyal ones.
To time indefinite they will certainly be guarded;
But as for the offspring of the wicked ones, they will indeed be cut off.
The righteous themselves will possess the earth,
And they will reside forever upon it.- Psalms 37: 27-29

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125329 Feb 27, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
And coupled with that is what I recorded for our benefit at Matthew 24:14
14&#8239;And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
Keep religies away from the button.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#125330 Feb 27, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one of those wars was like the Great War of 1914?(WW1) And WW2 made WW1 look like a Sunday picnic If you cannot see that things turned downhill in 1914
Things have gone uphill since WW2, haven't they? There hasn't be any war even remotely on that scale.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#125331 Feb 27, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>The whole Bible tells of these things....
I asked for specifics.
Yes and Amen wrote:
Moses was told of Israel's fate, that they'd be scattered throughout the globe, and
reborn in ONE day... 1948!
The Jews were (partially) scattered and then returned under Cyrus the Great. Nothing in the Bible mentions the year 1948.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125332 Feb 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo, YaA? You >support< the money changers and the priests in the temples. Your warped Fox and Brietbart mindless lackey notions brand you as one of the RINOs the GOP is infested with. Everyone here knows you would have been among those screaming for Lincoln's impeachment - he was a liberal.
Lincoln was a Republican/Unionist...wanna be hiroty rewriter wanker worm.

But thank you for being a shining example of why whatever created human kind decided to put a brain in the head on the shoulders of SOME anyway (even if a large proportion of the same would indicate LACKING off.)..because it mutta got pretty boring looking down talking to blind,deaf and duhm all duh time...
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#125333 Feb 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
But thank you for being a shining example of why whatever created human kind decided to put a brain in the head on the shoulders of SOME anyway (even if a large proportion of the same would indicate LACKING off.)..because it mutta got pretty boring looking down talking to blind,deaf and duhm all duh time...
As usual you have no point that makes any since, dude
Dr Gizmo

Chesapeake, VA

#125334 Feb 27, 2014
All of you are ignorant when it comes to your knowledge of the Bible. Why are you arguing about something you know very little about?
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#125335 Feb 27, 2014
Dr Gizmo wrote:
All of you are ignorant when it comes to your knowledge of the Bible. Why are you arguing about something you know very little about?
Who is all? Can you give examples of your claim? Or just being a jackass.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125336 Feb 27, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Things have gone uphill since WW2, haven't they? There hasn't be any war even remotely on that scale.
According to the religies, Christians are being persecuted on an epic scale and the world has been going to sht ever since the enlightenment - when Voltaire invented electricity and Pasteur discovered the milk carton. If God hadn't written the constitution in 1776, who knows where we'd be?:-/
Dr Gizmo

Chesapeake, VA

#125337 Feb 27, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is all? Can you give examples of your claim? Or just being a jackass.
All: The entire group of your 'space ship'.. I have an M A In Bible theology, and no I'm not being a Jackass!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125338 Feb 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Those things whooshing over your head are not birds and airplanes - though they might (also) be flies.
Yes, Lincoln was a Republican and he was the President of the Union (AKA United States). He also proposed and enacted changes in government that right wingers would, did and do loathe.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125339 Feb 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the religies, Christians are being persecuted on an epic scale and the world has been going to sht ever since the enlightenment - when Voltaire invented electricity and Pasteur discovered the milk carton. If God hadn't written the constitution in 1776, who knows where we'd be?:-/
Mindlessly Shining Hillary's and Beyounces shoes no doubt.

Wankers.
SistaNoneYa

London, KY

#125340 Feb 27, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Those things whooshing over your head are not birds and airplanes - though they might (also) be flies.
Yes, Lincoln was a Republican and he was the President of the Union (AKA United States). He also proposed and enacted changes in government that right wingers would, did and do loathe.
Well thank youuuuuuuuu for that...now, have you figured out he difference between a Lincolnite and a Jeffersonite yet?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125341 Feb 27, 2014
Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text> All: The entire group of your 'space ship'.. I have an M A In Bible theology, and no I'm not being a Jackass!
The first thing I have to ask is who do you think is wrong about what and why?
The second thing I have to ask is >why on Earth< anyone would waste the class time and good money on an MA in Bible Theology?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125342 Feb 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Well thank youuuuuuuuu for that...now, have you figured out he difference between a Lincolnite and a Jeffersonite yet?
Yes. I'm not interested in your distract, avoid, divert nonsense today. Lincoln was a liberal by many Red State/YaA "standards." Allow me to put in syntax you understand.
Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuur irrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrelevance is DUUUUUUHly noted.

Have you figured out the difference between a uterus and a bladder, yet?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#125343 Feb 27, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Mindlessly Shining Hillary's and Beyounces shoes no doubt.
Wankers.
I'm sure you'd rather be licking Hannity's and Boehner's boots, instead.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#125344 Feb 27, 2014
Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text> All: The entire group of your 'space ship'.. I have an M A In Bible theology, and no I'm not being a Jackass!
Maybe you can settle some of these arguments. Does the bible predict the date of the apocalypse or was Jesus collect when he said that nobody knows when the “End” will occur?

Is the bible meant to be taken literally?

Is there only one "correct" interpretation of the bible?

Which religion is the true Christian religion?

Are all non-Christians doomed to suffer eternal damnation?
Dr Gizmo

Chesapeake, VA

#125345 Feb 27, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you can settle some of these arguments. Does the bible predict the date of the apocalypse or was Jesus collect when he said that nobody knows when the “End” will occur?
Is the bible meant to be taken literally?
Is there only one "correct" interpretation of the bible?
Which religion is the true Christian religion?
Are all non-Christians doomed to suffer eternal damnation?
I believe the Bible is the true word of God! In Matthew 6 the Bible says "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you". I will not argue it's content with anyone.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#125346 Feb 27, 2014
Dr Gizmo wrote:
<quoted text> I believe the Bible is the true word of God! In Matthew 6 the Bible says "Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you". I will not argue it's content with anyone.
That was talking about the Gentiles so when the NT was accepted that no long applied. Bible says their is no distinction between Jew or Gentile. A true christian would share the truth and; if not you will be found guilty of blood guilt and subject to everlasting torment. Your own claim of some divinity degree is worthless bragging and nothing to say except using an escape clause in the bible that does not impress anyone except liars for Jesus .

Your comments are then worthless prattle. Others have used that same clause to call us dogs and then turn around and debate with us as if they did not believe it themselves, LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug dealers at Wildcat Market Flat Lick 13 min Bob 11
Did Russia actually help Trump get Elected? 36 min steve 8
Brian osborne,ray davis 50 min Local-Neighbor 20
Jerry Wayne Garland property 53 min in the know 2
Back and Forth 1 hr pinky 1
Knox county schools decision makers 5 hr Dangerous 18
Who have you heard is running for Judge Executuve 5 hr true fact 5

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance