Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,073

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#124828 Feb 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote it in The King's English and you still are not mature enough to understand
let us try again
The reason I declined your request is due to the following instructions.
f""Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
Now ,if that is not something you can mentally masticate due to your babyish mental state,
then you need hurry and grow up.
Like I said - no evidence

Told you your faith was just pretending to know something you don't.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#124829 Feb 21, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no contradiction there at all. It's called "process of elimination".
<quoted text>
No, actually it's used by any rational person. Even small children can use it. Apparently, it's beyond you though.
<quoted text>
Virtually all people on Earth have sought evidence for a god, and most did not find the same answer as you.
Sounds like this method is highly unreliable garbage.
Why can't Christianity pass the Outsider's Test for Faith?
It will never pass that test - Christians are far too dishonest.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#124830 Feb 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
fDo not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
The ultimate excuse.

I have arguments and evidence, but I'm not gonna give them to YOU

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#124831 Feb 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction
To claim not to know how creation came into existence ,while also claiming to know God IS NOT the creating agent is somewhat contradictory ....As far as I know , that is the type of logic used by the mentally insane..........
And , we been down this road before.
You want God to provide you evidence , Seek him diligently and you will find him .
I belive your subconscious is aware of that , but your mind is intent on deceiving you....
Is there really a difference in claiming “not to know how creation came into existence ,while also claiming to know God IS NOT the creating agent” and claiming to KNOW how creation happened but having no proof to back it up?

The problem I have with the bible is that some say it is to be taken literally and some say it needs to be taken figuratively. Are we to take everything in the bible as fact? Are we going to start stoning people again? Do we really want to start more holy wars? Are you ready to start letting preachers and priests dish out justice?

I’m also curious to know how closely you follow the bible. Do you follow it to the letter or do you let your religious leaders determine what is important and what isn’t. If all Christian believers read the same bible why are there so many different interpretations of it? Why are there so many different factions of the same religion? Which is the true “church”? Are Catholics right? Methodists? Mormons? Adventists? Pentecostals? Baptists? Surely they aren’t all right. Which ones are going to be “saved” and which are going to hell? Also remember, Jesus was born a Jew, lived his life as a Jew and died a Jew. I’m sure he was “saved”. If your intentions are to live as Jesus did, shouldn’t you all be living as Jews? There are so many unanswered questions. Even if I was willing to have “faith”, what “faith” would that be???
SevenTee

Williamsburg, OH

#124834 Feb 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean a school that does not indoctrinate ones religion? That would be a secular school that government runs.
Secularism is a religion
SevenTee

Williamsburg, OH

#124835 Feb 21, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
meh. denial and projection.
You evince a staggering degree of dyslexia. It wouldn't surprise me if you drive backward on the left side of the road.
How are those Noah references of yours coming? Hint: Look in the Koran - Oh, right... your emotions and feelings won't let you do that.
The Quran was written 600 years after Christ.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124836 Feb 21, 2014
SevenTee wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quran was written 600 years after Christ.
So? The NT was assembled 350 years after Jesus from books that were written decades after Jesus - and he didn't write a single one of them. The Protestant churches were formed 900 years after Mohammed and I never said that I put any stock in the Quran.

The point is that what you think is in the Bible simply isn't there - and that is the ginormous failure of the entire Christian doctrine.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124837 Feb 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
To claim not to know how creation came into existence ,while also claiming to know God is the creating agent is somewhat contradictory ....As far as I know , that is the type of logic used by the mentally insane..........
And , we been down this road before.
You want God to provide you evidence , Seek him diligently and you will find him .
I belive your subconscious is aware of that , but your mind is intent on deceiving you....
I do believe this might be one of the most revealing posts you've written, curious. I urge you to re-read it carefully and often.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124838 Feb 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what other believers say about their gods.
Believers think that establishing a peculiar neural pathway set through repetition of formulaic thinking is "enlightenment." I would surmise that it's a side effect of relatively recently expanded human language centers in the brain. Scans indicate the parietal and temporal lobes are affected, as well as atrophy of the hypocampus. Normal orientation in relation to others, spatial awareness and perception are to a degree over-written. The effect is the same, the "god's" name is irrelevant.
SevenTee

Williamsburg, OH

#124839 Feb 21, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So? The NT was assembled 350 years after Jesus from books that were written decades after Jesus - and he didn't write a single one of them. The Protestant churches were formed 900 years after Mohammed and I never said that I put any stock in the Quran.
The point is that what you think is in the Bible simply isn't there - and that is the ginormous failure of the entire Christian doctrine.
No most of the NT was written about 40 years after Jesus Christ.

I am not Protestant, the Protestant Church came out of a split with the Roman Catholic Church

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#124840 Feb 21, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
You will know Gods wrath and suffer his decree come the hour of temptation.
Think of repenting You sins then will you but won't you have wished all your errors would have not followed you too ???
Rest knowing the Holy Spirit will be with you and lean on Jesus and Gods will for you in his plan
Have you been drinking or is it just to hard to write with proper English?
"Come the hour of temptation"? That makes no sense.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124841 Feb 21, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a unique perspective in this discussion. For although I do believe in a universal “God”, I am anti religion. I do not believe that we are here by pure happenstance. I do believe that organized religions are very dangerous. To accept any believe on blind faith is opening yourself to fraud and confusion. Although there is no scientific proof that God exists, there are many unanswered questions that leave room for Him. There is also no scientific proof that diminishes the chance that he does exist. Before you condemn me for believing in mysterious invisible beings, I suggest you read a book called “The Quantum Enigma”. This was written by quantum physicists to describe a scientific enigma that cannot be described in purely scientific terms. I know it will not change your beliefs but it does leave the door open for acceptance of mine.
There will always be gaps of knowledge in which one can insert a god.
Now what makes you think a god needed no creator? Inserting god only opens more gaps.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124842 Feb 21, 2014
<quoted text>
I have a unique perspective in this discussion. For although I do believe in a universal “God”, I am anti religion. I do not believe that we are here by pure happenstance. I do believe that organized religions are very dangerous. To accept any believe on blind faith is opening yourself to fraud and confusion. Although there is no scientific proof that God exists, there are many unanswered questions that leave room for Him. There is also no scientific proof that diminishes the chance that he does exist. Before you condemn me for believing in mysterious invisible beings, I suggest you read a book called “The Quantum Enigma”. This was written by quantum physicists to describe a scientific enigma that cannot be described in purely scientific terms. I know it will not change your beliefs but it does leave the door open for acceptance of mine.
How does a god create? Seems to me the question is never answered, and can have no logical answer. It all boils down to belief in magic. Magic by a being that needed no magic to be. Or I guess it just magically came to be.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124843 Feb 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ,el stupido LOL
I made it plain that Atheists were not killing each other ,but, they are going dor each others jugular.
As you know, given that you live not far from london, the Atheists have organized a church and want to spread their faith worldwide.
Well the church in NYC and the London church are duking it out over their faith in trying to detremine who believes in God the least. Each believes thast their unbelief is stonger than the others.
Makes me split a gut laughing , they organize a church based on Christian tradition , because atheism is not able to provide them with commaraderie etal..........
So Atheists want what Christians have.
This church is supposed to offer them an opportunity to worship that which they don't believe in.
I wish Johnny Carson were still alive so he and Don Rickels could do a skit on this nonsense.
They'd probably get nominated for an Oscar.
LOL LOL LOL I gotta go ,i just wet my pants.......... YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
As has been said here to you many times, they did not organize a church to worship you pinhead, they did it to build community. Now keep arguing strawmen.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124844 Feb 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ,el stupido LOL
I made it plain that Atheists were not killing each other ,but, they are going dor each others jugular.
As you know, given that you live not far from london, the Atheists have organized a church and want to spread their faith worldwide.
Well the church in NYC and the London church are duking it out over their faith in trying to detremine who believes in God the least. Each believes thast their unbelief is stonger than the others.
Makes me split a gut laughing , they organize a church based on Christian tradition , because atheism is not able to provide them with commaraderie etal..........
So Atheists want what Christians have.
This church is supposed to offer them an opportunity to worship that which they don't believe in.
I wish Johnny Carson were still alive so he and Don Rickels could do a skit on this nonsense.
They'd probably get nominated for an Oscar.
LOL LOL LOL I gotta go ,i just wet my pants.......... YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
I am sure anyone so childish, wets his pants often. Now go ask your mom to change your diapers and make your dinner.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124845 Feb 21, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Meanwhile, Tom Delay says that God wrote the US Constitution. Jumping into a conservative Christian conversation is as productive as jumping into a vat of cotton candy.
Overheard him claiming democrats do not even care if the economy improves. He seemed to think all were on permanent welfare and thus had no concern about the creation of jobs. That was the point where I really wanted to bust out and laugh at him.
The sad part was, he was telling this BS to an impressionable young woman. I could not tell if she was buying it. I did not really hear her agreeing with any of it.
I was hoping his own idiotic statements would turn her off to the republican propaganda.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124846 Feb 21, 2014
<quoted text>
. Even if I was willing to have “faith”, what “faith” would that be???
1)Is there really a difference in claiming “not to know how creation came into existence ,while also claiming to know God IS NOT the creating agent” and claiming to KNOW how creation happened but having no proof to back it up?
I have never claimed to Know how creation happened , I have stated the reasons for my belief as to why I believe God to be the creator.
Now, when someone claims that they do not know how creation came into existence and also claim that they know it was not God ,then that is gibberish. To claim that they came by that Knowledge by a process of elimination ,without explainig that process merely adds more nonsense to their baseless argument....
2)I’m also curious to know how closely you follow the bible. Do you follow it to the letter or do you let your religious leaders determine what is important and what isn’t.
That is difficult to explain. What I have found is ,that, as I read the Bible certain passages have an impact on me that is difficult to explain. I keep going back to that particular passage and reading it over again, it's like someone is trying to tell me something. I finally was able to understand that which was happening when I read Hebrews
"12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
Once I began to put into practice that which I read , my human nature changed without any effort on my part
and in corinthians
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
The Bible has not inspired me , it has changed me.
To someone who is an unbeliever , that becomes very difficult to comprehend.
And I do not let religious leaders determine for me what is or is not important.
I test those teachings that capture my undivided attention and put those teachings to the test in order to ascertain their validity... To date I have found them to be valid
3) If all Christian believers read the same bible why are there so many different interpretations of it? Why are there so many different factions of the same religion? Which is the true “church”? Are Catholics right? Methodists? Mormons? Adventists? Pentecostals? Baptists? Surely they aren’t all right. Which ones are going to be “saved” and which are going to hell?
I could not begin to tell you which one is right and which one is wrong , The divisions in Christianity may be best explained by Paul 1 Corinthians 1;12,17
I do not believe those differences will prevent one from being saved ,at least that is not what Christ taught.
He did explain the path to salvation as described in The New testament.
Curious

Ocoee, FL

#124847 Feb 21, 2014
CONT

4) Even if I was willing to have “faith”, what “faith” would that be???
You can not Will your way to faith as you would be forcing it on yourself without good reasons and that is not true faith
That is what I would call blind faith ,which you would have no basis for defending.
To me , one begins by seeking God diligently and keeping an open mind . Then one can begin to put into practice that which was taught by Our , Jesus Christ.
If the teachings prove valid , then your faith will grow and you have a sound foundation for defending that which you believe in . at least,that has been my experience
I might add , probably the first step in faith is to pour all your feelings and doubts out to God in Jesus name
Do it when you are alone. You may feel foolish, but do it anyway . No one need know what you are doing , other than those you are addressing. See what happens.
Anyhow , that is what worked for me.
I may have wasted my time responding to you....nevertheless ,it caused me to relive my experiences and they were certainly worth reliving.
5)Also remember, Jesus was born a Jew, lived his life as a Jew and died a Jew. I’m sure he was “saved”. If your intentions are to live as Jesus did, shouldn’t you all be living as Jews?
Jesus lived as a Jew . He was fullfilling the law and the prophets as he clearly stated.
The prophets foretold his coming , thereby the New Testament.
I imagine that you have already read that..........

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124848 Feb 21, 2014
<quoted text>
With all due respect, if you believe that the truth will set you free, why do you criticize those who seek the truth? It seems that it is not the truth you are looking for but what someone else says is the truth. Open your mind and question your faith. Every religion on earth believes they have the "truth". Ask questions of your preachers. I know that there are parts of your religion you either don't agree with or don't believe. If part of your faith is questionable why not all of it?
I am pretty sure Apostle Amber does not disagree with one word of the bible or what the watchtower says.
She thinks doubting is a sin. Best brainwashing tool ever.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124849 Feb 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I would , but why are you asking me to provide evidence that you and Atheists are not mentally mature enough to grasp?
Atheists think that Christian Faith is based on what one's parents believe , in what country one is born and is founded on superstition.
That is what I have heard on this website and from some of the leaders of your faith ,Sam Harris, Dawkins , Hitchens and Krauss.
As one whose Christian Faith is not based on any of those misguided opinions , I have to laugh at their ignorance of the subject.
I have posted the basis for my faith and none of you are able to grasp it's basis.
Since you are unable to understand the basis for my faith , to provide you with evidence would be fruitless .. I tried that already and the atheists on this thread demonstrated their ignorance time and again . Their responses attest to that ignorance.
A small part of the evidence I provided was misinterpreted and misconstrued , whether by accident or due to ignorance .
Then one day ,I am reading the Bible and their inability to understand was made clear and I was able to understand the meaning o
f""Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
So ,I will abide by those instructions and permit Atheists to remain blanketed in their ignorance
We grasp the basis of your claims. It simply is not enough for us to believe in your god.
Finding a lost dog is no miracle. Now I am aware that supposed miracle is only part of your reasoning. But it indicates the level of your gullibility.
But as I have stated many times, if you wish to believe due to lost dogs found, fine, just do not expect us to believe because you found your dog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Abner (Jun '11) 5 min jo jo 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min yeah man 5,509
bad renters HELP 37 min Johnnie 7
What happened at Stinking Creek? 45 min stupidisasstupiddoes 93
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 47 min record 7
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 51 min record 10
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 53 min record 19
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Cornelius Scudmister 154,006
kC principal injured 6 hr Sarah J 7
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info